Red Cliff (Complete) Amazon UK $19

vx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Red Cliff Special Edition. $19 shipped. Contains Part I and II and over 4 hours long. It's even cheaper than the imminent US release which is priced at $25.49 on US amazon and is, apparently, 4 mins shorter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cliff-Speci...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264776799&sr=1-1

DISCLAIMER: Need to skip a single PAL trailer to get to the menu.

Combine with Matrix, Bourne trilogies to maximize savings.
(http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250527)

This movie is epic.

The first trailer can actually be watched. Just press "scan" on your remote any time during the first trailer and forward it at max forwarding speed until the menu pops up.

Hope that helps.

oooh looks good but i have the pirated VCD version i bought in hong kong and downloaded the second one haha
its a good movie if you like epic battles

Just wanted to pop in here to say that although it's supposed to look just as good as the HK release, it only has one 5.1 DTS MA track as opposed to the 3 separate 7.1 audio tracks from the HK releases.

Worth noting if you have an audio system that can take advantage of it.

Wow, Amazon UK also recommends The Warlords (7.98) and ThreeKingdoms (7.98) as bundled buy. Are those also good for ancient Chinese battle war stories?

[quote name='cagfansub']Wow, Amazon UK also recommends The Warlords (7.98) and ThreeKingdoms (7.98) as bundled buy. Are those also good for ancient Chinese battle war stories?[/QUOTE]
i loved warlords definitely worth it!
i dont remember watching 3 kingdoms though (maybe i have? lol)

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I'm actually going to see this tonight!
http://www.themusichall.org/calendar/event_detail.asp?eventID=902

So what does it mean that you have to skip a PAL trailer? Do you have to mash the menu button when you first put it in? I'm useless when it comes to importing DVDs.[/QUOTE]

I gave the blu-ray to my parents to watch and they didn't have to skip anything so I'm not quite sure what the problems is there. I got my UK version back in November.

Awesome movies! I have the HK Blu-Rays and they kick much ass. Warlords is pretty damn good too.

[quote name='equest943']I gave the blu-ray to my parents to watch and they didn't have to skip anything so I'm not quite sure what the problems is there. I got my UK version back in November.[/QUOTE]

I thought with blu-ray it didn't matter since the standard called for 1080p video on the disc regardless of the region unlike DVD which actually had a different frame rate/resolution for the UK release. So unless they decided to put in a DVD standard video inside the blu-ray for Red Cliff I don't see how this would be possible.

Taken from videohelp

First off, let me explain why you, and possibly SONY (if they told you this), are wrong. Whenever you are using an HDMI cable, the concepts of 50Hz in Europe and 60HZ in North America go out the window. MPEG-2 signals are rendered in frames of 30HZ, 25HZ, and 24HZ depending upon the source. All MPEG TVs in the world are supposed to be able to switch to all the available frame-rates and frame-formats on the fly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-2#Video_coding_.28simplified.29

Tying a display's field-rate to the local AC power is an analog television concept. All high-def displays employ internally generated clocks to drive the screen at whatever rate is desired by the incoming signal. Some older hi-def televisions still employing a CRT may not be able to slow down from 30 to 25 frames per second (progressive) or 60 to 50 fields per second (interlaced). But these problems will quickly disappear as soon as people buy hi-def sets employing solid matter technologies (LCD, DLP, Plasma, etc.)

Opps..I heard a rumor that the UK version of RedCliff (BluRay) has hard Eng-sub (non-removable).

Is that true?

[quote name='cagfansub']Opps..I heard a rumor that the UK version of RedCliff (BluRay) has hard Eng-sub (non-removable).

Is that true?[/QUOTE]

That's correct. The sub are burnt on with no option to turn them off.

bread's done
Back