Red Dead Redemption - $29.99 @ Amazon & GS (possible price drop?)

I bought it a little over a month ago when Gamestop and Amazon had it for $29.99. Had $10 credit from Amazon, so I essentially only paid $20.

Just beat it last week and resold it on ebay for $27.50. Gotta love when you can sell something used for more than you paid new.

Amazing game and one of the best I've played in years. I just know myself well enough. When I beat a game, I'm not going back to it. Glad I unloaded it before the price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat it, think it's one of the greatest games ever, want to rebuy, but I'll wait till the GOTY edition comes out.

Didn't a listing for a GOTY edition guide for this game show up on Gamestop.com a few weeks ago? Wonder if the GOTY edition shows up in the next few months.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I love how the Gamestop used price is MORE expensive now than buying it new.[/QUOTE]
Its like this most of the time when a price drop happens. the used price will drop within the next day or two. I bet it has already dropped in store

thanks just got best buy to price match. I had a $37 gift card from trading in homefront. Made the day a little better for me. homefront sucked imo.

The GOTY edition will probably be announce around E3 and come out in July at that point there will probably a GH announcement as well.

Best Buy has it on "sale" for $30 but it doesn't list the reg $40 price at all...universal price drop. GH GOTY ed. just like UC2 probably much sooner than E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kart007k']I am guessing that they will try to sell GOTY edition for $50.00 and GH version for $30.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it the reg. edition has sold close to 8 mil. & over a mil. for the expansion. It'll be more like the LBP GOTY instead of the UC2 GOTY. Once it goes GH it'll surge to 10+ mil.

well, i just bought it for $15 from GoHastings... thought about waiting for a GOTY version, but i figured it was time to start playing this -- will probably take me until July to finish it.

One of my favorite games ever. If you don't have it you are doing yourself a disservice. Got it for 30 on WM BF. Great price.

I really don't recommend THIS game. Get the Undead Nightmare DISC. It's cheaper and has all of the multiplayer DLC packs and a new SP.

I really thought the SP for the original Red Dead Redemption game was poorly done and boring. The ending just sucked and so did the post ending. Riding horses 99 percent of the time...not that fun, at least in Undead Nightmare you have super fast horses of the apocalypse.

i wonder if they would include all the dlc on a goty edition.... undead nightmare already has the dlc on one disc. if they released all the dlc on goty, it would make undead nightmare pretty useless

[quote name='Lei']i wonder if they would include all the dlc on a goty edition.... undead nightmare already has the dlc on one disc. if they released all the dlc on goty, it would make undead nightmare pretty useless[/QUOTE]

How is this any different than Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition, Fallout 3 GOTY, or Borderlands GOTY?

i bought the ps3 version since i had the extra outfit and level.. kinda a mistake the 360 version looks MUCH better. (friend borught his over and ran it side by side. it was night and day)

I want the 360 version but am holding out for a bundle version with the undead nightmare pack thrown in.. GOTY i guess. Anyone know if the GOTY packaging has ugly greatest hits/platinum lables though? I hate that stuff.

[quote name='Microshock']I really don't recommend THIS game. Get the Undead Nightmare DISC. It's cheaper and has all of the multiplayer DLC packs and a new SP.
[/QUOTE]

umm... what? Isn't the undead nightmare DISC JUST the DLC? Thats what i thought. If its the game and the DLC then i'll just get that

Bought the xbox 360 version for $30 on black Friday and still haven't opened it. Now I'm considering returning it and waiting for a GOTY edition.

[quote name='jaide']Bought the xbox 360 version for $30 on black Friday and still haven't opened it. Now I'm considering returning it and waiting for a GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

Where can you return a game you bought half a year ago?

[quote name='n1c0']Where can you return a game you bought half a year ago?[/QUOTE]
Walmart, which is where I bought it.

I bought the dlc pack back when it was on sale but don't have the game yet. Anyone think this will be 19.99 anytime soon?

[quote name='jaide']Walmart, which is where I bought it.[/QUOTE]

You can return it even though it's six months pass? Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Is that the maximum? I assume you only get store credit right?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its like this most of the time when a price drop happens. the used price will drop within the next day or two. I bet it has already dropped in store[/QUOTE]

Checked my store last night, it's still 34.99 used (?!?!).

[quote name='Kenshindono']i bought the ps3 version since i had the extra outfit and level.. kinda a mistake the 360 version looks MUCH better. (friend borught his over and ran it side by side. it was night and day)

I want the 360 version but am holding out for a bundle version with the undead nightmare pack thrown in.. GOTY i guess. Anyone know if the GOTY packaging has ugly greatest hits/platinum lables though? I hate that stuff.

umm... what? Isn't the undead nightmare DISC JUST the DLC? Thats what i thought. If its the game and the DLC then i'll just get that[/QUOTE]

It's the Undead Nightmare pack. the liars and cheats pack. the legends pack, all of it.
The only thing its missing is the original single player campaign (which i dont think is a loss cause it was boring as hell)

So am I understanding correctly that when Game of the Year editions come out, they are usually $60, so its not like I can wait for the GOTY and pay $30 for it? I'm new to all this.

[quote name='Microshock']It's the Undead Nightmare pack. the liars and cheats pack. the legends pack, all of it.
The only thing its missing is the original single player campaign (which i dont think is a loss cause it was boring as hell)[/QUOTE]

Terrible opinion is terrible. RDR was probably the best game released last year.

[quote name='Microshock']It's the Undead Nightmare pack. the liars and cheats pack. the legends pack, all of it.
The only thing its missing is the original single player campaign (which i dont think is a loss cause it was boring as hell)[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised. I thought GTA was getting boring and repetitive but Red Dead brought Rockstar back in my mind. I thought the RDR campaign was fairly fresh and new. Had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='rainking187']Terrible opinion is terrible. RDR was probably the best game released last year.[/QUOTE]

I agree it made up for the craptastic GTA IV in every way.

I bought the undead nightmare pack a while back but haven't opened it. What's missing in there (when I combine it with RDR original) that would be in a GOTY edition?

[quote name='prateeko']I bought the undead nightmare pack a while back but haven't opened it. What's missing in there (when I combine it with RDR original) that would be in a GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

Well from what I hear the biggest drawback to buying the Undead Nightmare Collection on the separate disk is that the expansion weapons (blunderbus, tomahawk, etc.) cannot be used in the original RDR campaign. When the collection is purchases as DLC they can. I've only heard this though...I haven't confirmed personally.

[quote name='rainking187']Terrible opinion is terrible. RDR was probably the best game released last year.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a fan either -- not too big on westerns. Now if R* made a GTA like Vice City (my favorite) or San Andreas, that would be great.

[quote name='lostfan']So am I understanding correctly that when Game of the Year editions come out, they are usually $60, so its not like I can wait for the GOTY and pay $30 for it? I'm new to all this.[/QUOTE]

Well it will most likely be $60 or $50 initially. I'm guessing $60 based on other games that have done this. However, it will drop in price. Just look at Fallout GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Borderland GOTY for examples. I think they can all be had for $39 now.

bread's done
Back