Red Dead Redemption BB Pre-Order BONUS POINTS

train789

CAGiversary!
Did a search and couldn't find anything so I figure I'd say something.

On the Best Buy Gamer's Zone special offer - Pre Order Red Dead Redemption and get 250 Bonus Points. Limit 3 on each platform (Xbox 360 and PS3). So...

Could you spend $5.00 on the pre-order, get 250 points (AKA $5 reward), then return the pre-order, and get to keep the 250 point/$5 reward?????

your thoughts.....

my thoughts are they do this with one title, every month, over and over and ... :roll:

and no, that won't work, you get the 250 points on your 'follow-thru" pre-order pick up transaction. And that's after the 35 day pending period.

Plus the fact that, for many people right now, the Gamer's Club is broken. I have been $3 away from getting 500 points for almost 3 months now despite the fact that I've made enough purchases in those three months to qualify for yet another 500 points (over $150). Customer service wil say that its "stuck" and nothing they can do but wait.

hmm, that explains why i havent seen my gamer reward zone account move at all. that or they exempted PSN cards as gaming stuff.

Why are people so ****ing stupid here? The points don't apply until after 35 days of purchase so they make sure you don't return the item. You think they don't foresee people trying your scheme?

Reread my post. Puchases made over the course of THREE MONTHS not moving. :roll:

Thats more than 35 days.

[quote name='mikeda']Plus the fact that, for many people right now, the Gamer's Club is broken. I have been $3 away from getting 500 points for almost 3 months now despite the fact that I've made enough purchases in those three months to qualify for yet another 500 points (over $150). Customer service wil say that its "stuck" and nothing they can do but wait.[/QUOTE]

So I'm not the only one huh? I've been *$1* away for a few months now.

[quote name='tortillasoup']why are people so ****ing stupid here? The points don't apply until after 35 days of purchase so they make sure you don't return the item. You think they don't foresee people trying your scheme?[/quote]

wow

Believe me, I thought about doing this myself OP. But after reading the fine print, it DOES require you to actually pick up the game.

So unless I were to trade in a ton of the free(after coupon from the Gamer's Club) games BB has given us over the past 6 months I would never consider picking up a $60 new release title from them.

I'm just too well conditioned to being a total cheapass due to getting so many deals over the past 5 years on CAG that I rarely pay MSRP for ANY game anymore.

Even when I do though, it'd have to be a game I REALLY, REALLY want and something I could pick up with cheap credit from flipping other games.

[quote name='argyle']So I'm not the only one huh? I've been *$1* away for a few months now.[/QUOTE]

I was $12 away for months. Spent 120 on the B2G1 free they had and that never went through, now I'm at 0 again. Lovely, lovely.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I was $12 away for months. Spent 120 on the B2G1 free they had and that never went through, now I'm at 0 again. Lovely, lovely.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the Rewards Zone points are back at 0 or the Gamer's Club counter? My Gamer's Club is still sitting $3 short, but I'm guessing they are reseting everthing for 2010 in the next few days.

bread's done
Back