Red Dead Redemption Gamestop Question

crr_1119

Banned
I have a question about the Limited Edition Gamestop copy for Red Dead Redemption. I preordered the game, and got the $10 code in my email already. But after receiving the game I notice nowhere on the receipt does it say it's the limited edition copy, and also there's no slipcase on the game as I think others have mentioned it comes with(I could be wrong though).

So with no mention of it being the limited edition version, I thought i'd rather ask here first before opening it. Is the code for all the extras maybe on the inside of the case? Or would there have been a sign of it being the limited edition on the outside?

I'm just curious because I'd rather not open it and just return it in store if it's a regular copy of the game.

The code is inside the game. The slipcover has the same upc as the normal version but depending on when you preordered it you might have just got the normal version. If you didnt get the special edition version with the slipcover, you probably have the normal.

Okay thanks. So since there's no slipcover it's most likely the regular edition. And I preordered it a while ago. If not the day the special edition was announced then the day right after. So I'm not sure what happened. But thanks for your help!

FWIW I preordered as well and got the slipcase, but the actual case looks like the regular edition (but it has the code inside). I don't know how they would know the difference without opening it. Hopefully you didn't get cheesed.

Yea. Hmm, I wonder if anyone got the actual limited edition one but without the slipcase. I'd hate to risk it and open it and discover no codes lol. Don't know if Gamestop would take it opened for a refund even if I explained why, I'd guess that they wouldn't though.

Here's my PS3 Limited Edition copy. I got it on tuesday with overnight shipping. The slipcase (on the left) says special edition, but the actual game case (right) has no mention of a special edition nor does it mention any extras on the back. Meanwhile, the slipcase does say special edition and lists the extras on the back. If it shipped from GS most likely you got the SE. Merchandisers sometimes throw extra packaging away (god knows why, maybe to save shelf space?). But only one way to know for sure...

rdr.jpg

Edit: Maybe you could take it to a store with the receipt and explain your situation to a manager and open it in front of them and get a real SE w/slipcase if yours is missing the code. Worth a try.

[quote name='carbontiger']
Edit: Maybe you could take it to a store with the receipt and explain your situation to a manager and open it in front of them and get a real SE w/slipcase if yours is missing the code. Worth a try.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm thinking I might go there tomorrow and see if they might have any special editions left in store and maybe I can exchange for one just to be safe.

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciated!

bread's done
Back