Red Dead Redemption GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99 at Amazon

[quote name='macgruuber']freaking bought regular version last year around this time for the same price. and its still wrapped lol[/QUOTE]

Same here, man..looked at my amazon list and lo and behold bought the regular version for the same price last year.

[quote name='foreinter']Wow, Amazon is starting its Black Friday Storm. thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]
Yep yep. They did this same thing last year when they dropped Enslaved and Majin to silly low prices and also the Dragon Ball $10 mistake. There were probably more I cant think of but yeah gotta love Amazon and their deals.

already bought this when BB had it's sale... now really wondering if I should get it for ps3 instead since I plan on getting a ps3 soon.

All these Gotys seem like easy $20 pickups. Took FOREVER for Fallout 3 Goty to hit that magic number but I snagged it when it finally did. Going to do the same for Red Dead. Played it briefly when my brother owned it but couldn't get into it. Undead Nightmare seems like it might make the game worth slogging through.

I already got it at Best Buy, around a week ago.

Seeing how things are going, with Amazon meeting Best Buy's
prices, I should have waited.

Of course, I still got free shipping, so all is good.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']how much of the goty contents are for single-player mode? i don't intend to play multiplayer modes[/QUOTE]

While most of the DLC is for multiplayer, there is some singer player DLC too. Everything included in the GOTY edition can be read here.

Very tempting. Was actually thinking about selling my sealed vanilla edition and grabbing this copy. Decided to forego that idea and grab Undead Nightmare for $7.00 on PSN. That's all I really want out of the GotY version and the Outlaws to the End, Myths/Mavericks, and Hunting/Trading Outfits are all free.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Loved rdr but I never played undead nightmare[/QUOTE]
I only ever played Undead Nightmare for the dice/poker you could play online.:razz:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']All these Gotys seem like easy $20 pickups. Took FOREVER for Fallout 3 Goty to hit that magic number but I snagged it when it finally did. Going to do the same for Red Dead. Played it briefly when my brother owned it but couldn't get into it. Undead Nightmare seems like it might make the game worth slogging through.[/QUOTE]
There are better 'zombie' games out there. Trust me. I was bored within an hour of starting the meh storyline in RDR: UN. The thing that really reeled me in with RDR though was that it's this big open world with NO LOADING SCREENS usually.:shock: Hell of a feat.

Thanks Amazon! You saved me a trip to Kmart on Thanksgiving Day!
Great price and no tax!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I didn't have $13 in rewards at KMart I'd just get this now. I guess I thought there was more single player stuff in it though, it's almost to the point where I really don't need the GOTY edition. Other than the fact that the vanilla actually costs more.

[quote name='suwillgetu']It comes on a disc.[/QUOTE]

for both the ps3 and 360 or just the ps3? Ive noticed a disturbing trend where the 360 version just gives you shitty codes

[quote name='Kenshindono']for both the ps3 and 360 or just the ps3? Ive noticed a disturbing trend where the 360 version just gives you shitty codes[/QUOTE]

oops, yeah, I forgot to clarify my question earlier as it was in regards to the 360 version. I don't know why I didn't think to originally just look up an unboxing video but I just did and the 360 version is on two discs, no codes.

Does anyone know if you can use the DLC Weapons(Explosive Rile, Tomohawk) in the main campaign with this one? I already have the vanilla and the undead disc from last year, but can't use those weapons in the main game unlike those who downloaded the DLC could. If you can with this release along with the Solomon’s Folly hideout it might be worth a repurchase to me.

[quote name='teh_minus']It's worth it just for the vanilla game alone. Undead Nightmare is icing on the delicious bear hunting cake.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Easily one of the best games this generation.

[quote name='Kenshindono']for both the ps3 and 360 or just the ps3? Ive noticed a disturbing trend where the 360 version just gives you shitty codes[/QUOTE]

Woops, I should have specified before. The 360 version comes with it on a separate disc (labeled Undead Nightmare and Multiplayer) and the PS3 version has everything on one disc.

[quote name='macgruuber']freaking bought regular version last year around this time for the same price. and its still wrapped lol[/QUOTE]

I have the regular version that I got from Goozex shortly after it came out. I still haven't played it... ;\

Yea I still had the regular edition that I got as a gift last year and still had wrapping over it. I went ahead and took it back to Walmart a couple weeks ago and exchanged it for the GOTY edition. Only had to pay $10 bucks.:D

should I get this or wait for a better deal on the vanilla? Wondering how good the DLC is and if I should hold out in hopes of a Skyrim deal...

[quote name='pureheat101']Hmm any opinions on the PS3 version and how it performs? I know during release the PS3 version experienced a few more texture hiccups[/QUOTE]

Performs fine >

[quote name='strait edge follower']This. The people who were saying "oh this port sucks" or oh the 360 version is sooo much better" were probibly some extreme fanboys. The ps3 version looks and runs great :)[/QUOTE]
Got the PS3 version at launch and it ran great. I didn't notice anything "lacking" on the PS3 version but then I didn't play it with the Xbox 360 version side-by-side :whistle2:|

If i had to pick id get the 360 version. But if you only have a PS3 its fine too though. I just thought the 360 version looked better when i played them.

[quote name='lito88']If i had to pick id get the 360 version. But if you only have a PS3 its fine too though. I just thought the 360 version looked better when i played them.[/QUOTE]

Think the only way you would notice the difference between the 2 is if you have a extra large TV. Otherwise they look identical. The resolution on the Xbox version is the only difference.

It's one of those games that are SLIGHTLY better on 360 but perfectly fine on ps3. If you have both I would get the 360 version but if you only have a ps3 then don't worry about it.Go ahead and get it.

i hate when that happens

bread's done
Back