Red Dead Redemption GS Deal

GameStop.com

This is too good to pass up, especially for PS3 users:

Use code DEADON for free overnight shipping

Special Edition Upgrade:
THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

$10 Towards future order

PS3:
"Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit"

(GAMESTOP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had seen that when I pre-ordered online from GameStop, I used the free 2-day shipping code. Would have loved to wait out my pre-order and used this.

Just called GameStop and they updated my shipping method to this deal.

[quote name='jebhoops23']Still think the $25 gift card at TRU is better.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree that both Amazon and TRS had the best pre-orders because of the $20+ gift cards each offered. I just liked GameStops pre-order bonus the best, not to mention getting free overnight shipping, the free Special Edition (which I believe in the US is exclusive to GameStop) upgrade that comes with a sound track and exclusive challenges, and also getting a $10 coupon code. Normally I get all my pre-orders from Amazon, this is only the second pre-order I've ever gotten from GameStop.

I just need to know if the soundtrack is on CD or a digital download? If it's on a disc, I'll cancel my Amazon pre-order and get it from GS instead.

EDIT: Just called GS, and the CSR said that a code will be included with the game to download the soundtrack. Can't say for sure if she was talking out of her ass because she put me on hold and went to "find out." Argh, now I don't know who to believe...

[quote name='mxpowar']I just need to know if the soundtrack is on CD or a digital download? If it's on a disc, I'll cancel my Amazon pre-order and get it from GS instead.[/QUOTE]

from rockstars site:

"as well as the game's Original Soundtrack - all in its own unique packaging"

[quote name='magicjames92']from rockstars site: "as well as the game's Original Soundtrack - all in its own unique packaging"[/QUOTE]

Definitely in CD form then.

Thanks OP, got GS to update my order to this.

Wow, it just keeps getting better. I gotta say, I've been very impressed with how GS is handling Red Dead's launch.

[quote name='Jinooka']Thanks OP, got GS to update my order to this.

Wow, it just keeps getting better. I gotta say, I've been very impressed with how GS is handling Red Dead's launch.[/QUOTE]

Btw, when you check your order has your shipping method now disappeared completely? I called and got my shipping updated to this deal, and now there isn't a shipping method showing up at all. I was just curious if that was normal.

[quote name='mxpowar']I just need to know if the soundtrack is on CD or a digital download? If it's on a disc, I'll cancel my Amazon pre-order and get it from GS instead.

EDIT: Just called GS, and the CSR said that a code will be included with the game to download the soundtrack. Can't say for sure if she was talking out of her ass because she put me on hold and went to "find out." Argh, now I don't know who to believe...[/QUOTE]

I sure hope it's physical, that's one of the reasons I picked gamestop over amazon.

What the heck? I emailed GS on FRIDAY to take care ask if they could change my shipping to that coupon and they said they couldn't as it was already being packed for shipment.

But I see people getting it now.

Yeah I called evophile and the lady said I was updated to the free overnight shipping deal, if I were you I would try calling while a few of us are having success with it.

Yep, mine as well.

I don't think it's going to be a problem. The systems just been overridden manually that's all.

I'm assuming you got the game with a promo right? the CS lady didn't see anything wrong, i wouldnt worry.

[quote name='Jinooka']Yep, mine as well.

I don't think it's going to be a problem. The systems just been overridden manually that's all.

I'm assuming you got the game with a promo right? the CS lady didn't see anything wrong, i wouldnt worry.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool, I just wanted to check. My original order used the free 2-day shipping promo (F2D) and I told her to change it to the "DEADON" free overnight shipping deal they had going on. I asked her again to make sure, and she said I was good to go.

I figure it's better to be safe than sorry :)

is the soundtrack an actual disc or is it just a code to download the album off of rockstars site, like they did with the GTAIV pre order deal.

[quote name='Hawkamania']Btw, when you check your order has your shipping method now disappeared completely? I called and got my shipping updated to this deal, and now there isn't a shipping method showing up at all. I was just curious if that was normal.[/QUOTE]

My order of UFC is the same way after I had them apply a similar bonus to it as well.

that's a good question about the soundtrack, anyone else know about this?

I'm pretty sure it would be more cost effective to have it be a download, besides...
Its pretty obvious mostly everyone by now is used to downloading music if anything else.
Also, makes sense to be able to hear it on a mp3 player than a CD player while ur out 'n about.

[quote name='advanced']My order of UFC is the same way after I had them apply a similar bonus to it as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, great to know. The more reassurance the better!

I had a friend call and he also got the deal. Apparently, whoever he talked to tried to tell him the deal had expired (even though on the website it clearly states that the deal doesn't expire until tomorrow, May 17th, at 12 PM CST), but because he had only preordered the game 3 days ago he was still eligible to receive it.

That's really weird, so if any one calls and gets a similar response make sure you correct them.

Man. I'd love to have that UFC 10-dollar coupon some people had gotten earlier for RDR right about now. Would have made it irresistible. Having a hard time pulling the trigger (no pun intended) with it at 60+tax even with the upgrade and free overnight shipping.

I had them update my order last week with this code, and yeah the shipping date disappears. same thing with fall out new vegas.

[quote name='Punisher0587']Does anybody know how long the "$10 towards future order" lasts?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking how long you have to use it once you receive the $10 coupon code via e-mail?

[quote name='msriflegirl']I am still so on the fence about this game...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't pre-order games very often at all. I usually wait for several credible reviewer sites as well as user scores to dictate whether or not I buy a game unless I'm already a huge fan of a specific series. The only way I will, is if I feel their going to be a homerun and so far, Game Informer has already given it a 9.75/10. So far, so good.

[quote name='Hawkamania']Honestly, I don't pre-order games very often at all. I usually wait for several credible reviewer sites as well as user scores to dictate whether or not I buy a game unless I'm already a huge fan of a specific series. The only way I will, is if I feel their going to be a homerun and so far, Game Informer has already given it a 9.75/10. So far, so good.[/QUOTE]

The official playstation magazine gave it a 10/10

To anyone:

I preordered through Amazon but won't be getting the game for over a week b/c of FSSS. Is there anything stopping me from preordering at B+M GS, picking up my copy (along with the preorder dlc codes), then returning the Amazon copy to them a week later with the GS receipt? I know this probably isn't the most ethical practice, but has anyone done it?

[quote name='Temidien']To anyone:

I preordered through Amazon but won't be getting the game for over a week b/c of FSSS. Is there anything stopping me from preordering at B+M GS, picking up my copy (along with the preorder dlc codes), then returning the Amazon copy to them a week later with the GS receipt? I know this probably isn't the most ethical practice, but has anyone done it?[/QUOTE]

The B&M GS will have the "Special edition" which is visually different from the amazon edition, which could be a problem if you have attentive gs employees. Other than that, it's only moral....

[quote name='magicjames92']The official playstation magazine gave it a 10/10[/QUOTE]

Very cool, the more awesome reviews the merrier :D

[quote name='magicjames92']The B&M GS will have the "Special edition" which is visually different from the amazon edition, which could be a problem if you have attentive gs employees. Other than that, it's only moral....[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just do this with Target instead as they always take in my Amazon games :D

(I swear I'm not a crook, I'm just anxious to play RDR but really can't bring myself to pay for shipping for one game)

jiminy2.gif

I really wish I had waited for the overnight shipping deal with DEADON, instead I did the free 2 day shipping, and I'm having the same dilemma with the email to upgrade, they said they couldn't. And it's probably too late to call now, right?

Wait, so if I order this form gamestop now, will I still get the special edition with the exclusive soundtrack and DLC?

[quote name='JokerCard']Wait, so if I order this form gamestop now, will I still get the special edition with the exclusive soundtrack and DLC?[/QUOTE]

that’s right

Thanks. Just because the special edition is pictured but the page doesnt say anything about it. Just wanted to make sure before I placed my order.

Do you guys think if I called tomorrow before 11 AM before it expires, they could upgrade my shipping from 2 day to the DEADON free overnight? Since I preordered early and missed the deal.

Also, if they're not able to do that, and I just got stuck with the Free 2 day shipping, when should I expect to receive it?
Any replies are greatly appreciated!

Yea not seeing anything about the special edition anymore. I think it did say while supplies last so maybe all copies have been accounted for.

[quote name='HydroX']Hmm, if I preorder for in-store pickup, can I pick my game up at midnight launch?[/QUOTE]

YES. I preordered for in-store pickup and called the gamestop I ordered for, then the guy looked up my order and said it would be ready for me when I go to the midnight release.

I think the B&M Gamestops are going to be carrying the special edition of the game so it might be worth it to check your local Gamestop to see if they are still taking pre-orders on the special edition. Will be calling the Gamestop near me tomorrow to check.

Wait, what do you get for just pre-ordering in store then? I know you get that Assassin outfit right? When i called and asked earlier, he said they give some bonus codes and something else

bread's done
Back