Red Dead Redemption GS Deal

GameStop.com

This is too good to pass up, especially for PS3 users:

Use code DEADON for free overnight shipping

Special Edition Upgrade:
THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

$10 Towards future order

PS3:
"Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit"

(GAMESTOP)

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know. Woody Jackson has been played during a couple of those busy nights, haha. But nahhh, it's a really good score.

But for sure, my copy better get here soon!

[quote name='erwin.murillo']You never know. Woody Jackson has been played during a couple of those busy nights, haha. But nahhh, it's a really good score.

But for sure, my copy better get here soon![/QUOTE]

Here's something hilarious, my friend and I both got our RDR with the "DEADON" deal, not to mention pre-ordered it on the same day. He got his game from UPS this morning and I still haven't gotten mine. The best part is, he lives right up the street from me. Now tell me how our games don't end up on the same truck? Haha

[quote name='Hawkamania']Here's something hilarious, my friend and I both got our RDR with the "DEADON" deal, not to mention pre-ordered it on the same day. He got his game from UPS this morning and I still haven't gotten mine. The best part is, he lives right up the street from me. Now tell me how our games don't end up on the same truck? Haha[/QUOTE]

WOW lol that really sucks

[quote name='magicjames92']WOW lol that really sucks[/QUOTE]

It really does, I'd be uber pissed had I payed for the shipping. I think we can chalk this up to a UPS EPIC fail :lol:

I had to go with my backup preorder at a B&M.
My copy won't be here until tomorrow, which is still pretty good for free saver shipping.
I was surprised to see GS.com shipped them via UPS. No $10 code yet here either.

Traded Midnight Club Complete Edition :360: and Darksiders :360: to get the $40 (actually $42) off, used that "25% off a used game when buying RDR" coupon to snag SMT: Strange Journey :ds: for $16.24! w00t!

Still not here, UPS is fail.
If they're not here before 5, I'm going to knock the deliveryman out.
Unless he weighs over 250 lbs. That's out of my weight class.

Or if it's a woman.

[quote name='erwin.murillo']Still not here, UPS is fail.
If they're not here before 5, I'm going to knock the deliveryman out.
Unless he weighs over 250 lbs. That's out of my weight class.

Or if it's a woman.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and like I mentioned above my friend right up the street received his this morning. Baffles my mind how both those games didn't end up on the same truck.

[quote name='yokofox33']Got my copy earlier. It's the special edition as well. I am pleased.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I can be pleased here soon ;)

[quote name='isofan1']has anyone received their $10 credit yet?[/QUOTE]

No. I hope soon though. I'd like to use it to potentially order GOW3.

[quote name='Vader582']I had to go with my backup preorder at a B&M.
My copy won't be here until tomorrow, which is still pretty good for free saver shipping.
I was surprised to see GS.com shipped them via UPS. No $10 code yet here either.

Traded Midnight Club Complete Edition :360: and Darksiders :360: to get the $40 (actually $42) off, used that "25% off a used game when buying RDR" coupon to snag SMT: Strange Journey :ds: for $16.24! w00t![/QUOTE]
Do you know if you have to trade in 2 games from that list? Or can I just trade in one game and get $20 off instead of $40 off with 2 games?

Got my games from ups early today considering I usually have to wait till 7 at night for them to deliver and thought I pop open red dead and try it out, but now I cant play the game for different reasons, rockstars servers are being hammered and returning an error when I try the special code, so now I have to wait until I can get that done before even playing the game, lol.

GS Online for some reason cancelled my Pre Order. When I called Customer Service all they could do was offer me a $10 off code coupon.

Now I don't think I can get the Limited Edition in time.

Any one interested in trading me a Deadly Assassins Code for the the GS Coupon?

Well RDR finally arrived at my house! I managed to get the Special Edition as well, looks like I will be dominated by a night full of RDR :D

[quote name='kai peng']GS Online for some reason cancelled my Pre Order. When I called Customer Service all they could do was offer me a $10 off code coupon.

Any one interested in trading me a Deadly Assassins Code for the the GS Coupon?[/QUOTE]

Are they still available in stores at all?

[quote name='evophile']Are they still available in stores at all?[/QUOTE]

I suppose so - but I don't want to buy it at a store at full price when I have a $10 online voucher that can't be used in the store. Perhaps it's the CAG in me. I would rather trade for the code and get the game somewhere else like BB where their deals are still active.

Has anyone received the on-line preorder code yet? I want my special edition code!

Also, my game shipped but I didn't get an e-mail saying it shipped. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='Hawkamania']Well RDR finally arrived at my house! I managed to get the Special Edition as well, looks like I will be dominated by a night full of RDR :D[/QUOTE]

Lucky. It baffles me at times how if I get something sent to a mailbox I rent out down the road it will get there before noon, but if its sent to my house I shouldn't expect it before 5pm. Seems silly that they would cover the same area twice in a day.

Also, I know its off topic but, has anyone who ordered from Amazon received a collectors edition?

[quote name='kai peng']GS Online for some reason cancelled my Pre Order. When I called Customer Service all they could do was offer me a $10 off code coupon.

Any one interested in trading me a Deadly Assassins Code for the the GS Coupon?[/QUOTE]

if you want the LE, you can find a few copies on ebay selling for less than 55 usd.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Has anyone received the on-line preorder code yet? I want my special edition code!

Also, my game shipped but I didn't get an e-mail saying it shipped. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

The code will be inside the game case (you use the same code for both the Assassin's Outfit and the Soundtrack).

I noticed that my order on GameStop.com had said it was shipped yesterday, but I didn't get the confirmation e-mail until this morning. The game eventually arrived this afternoon around 5 PM.

[quote name='OddLogik']Lucky. It baffles me at times how if I get something sent to a mailbox I rent out down the road it will get there before noon, but if its sent to my house I shouldn't expect it before 5pm. Seems silly that they would cover the same area twice in a day.[/QUOTE]

It really is, like I said in a previous post my friend right up the road received his this morning and we pre-ordered the game on the same day, yet mine didn't come until late this afternoon. But hey, it's their gas money that's being wasted, so chalk one up to epic fail for them :lol:

[quote name='Hawkamania']It really is, like I said in a previous post my friend right up the road received his this morning and we pre-ordered the game on the same day. yet mine didn't come until late this afternoon. But hey, it's their gas money that's being wasted, so chalk one up to epic fail for them :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I like the way you think. The only way I remotely think it makes sense to go to the rent-a-mailbox in the morning and then do another round is because it has store hours and has packages to pick-up, but having two residential drop offs that are really close to each other be spaced out by several hours is just bad organization by them.

[quote name='OddLogik']Haha, I like the way you think. The only way I remotely think it makes sense to go to the rent-a-mailbox in the morning and then do another round is because it has store hours and has packages to pick-up, but having two residential drop offs that are really close to each other be spaced out by several hours is just bad organization by them.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, I'd have been PISSED had I paid for the overnight shipping, but being that it was free and UPS wasted gas making 2 trips into the same neighborhood equals dumb on their part. Your right, horrible organization.

How was the condition of the slipcovers you guys got? Mine kinda got ripped in the mail and seeing as how thats one of the few things that make this a special edition, it sucks heh.

[quote name='kai peng']I suppose so - but I don't want to buy it at a store at full price when I have a $10 online voucher that can't be used in the store. Perhaps it's the CAG in me. I would rather trade for the code and get the game somewhere else like BB where their deals are still active.[/QUOTE]

Heh I can't blame you for being a CAG. I went to my GS after work and I dont think the one copy they had on the shelf was a special edition. However apparently they locked their keys in the back and couldn't open the door anymore and couldn't get to their RDR stash.

[quote name='evophile']How was the condition of the slipcovers you guys got? Mine kinda got ripped in the mail and seeing as how thats one of the few things that make this a special edition, it sucks heh.[/QUOTE]

One of the corners on mine was slightly bent but other than it was in solid condition.

[quote name='fakeemailwps']is the soundtrack on the game cd[/QUOTE]

Nope it's a digital download at Rockstar's website and it's the same code you use for the Assassin's Outfit .

[quote name='Hawkamania']One of the corners on mine was slightly bent but other than it was in solid condition.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you! heh. I wonder if i could change mine out at the local GS, but I'm not even sure if they'd have any.

[quote name='evophile']Lucky you! heh. I wonder if i could change mine out at the local GS, but I'm not even sure if they'd have any.[/QUOTE]

They should have done what BC2 did and just given it a unique case, rather than some corny and flimsy sleeve. Those do nothing more but get in the way.

Well finally got the rockstar servers to authenticate my code, so I recieved credit for my outfit. Whats also strange is that I was emailed my soundtrack link even though it appears that their register page is rather buggy, anyway Im really enjoying the game, could never really get into gta even though it looked interesting but there is something different about this game, I guess the setting.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Has anyone received the on-line preorder code yet? I want my special edition code!

Also, my game shipped but I didn't get an e-mail saying it shipped. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Mine says shipped, but when I click on the tracking link, I had "no information for this number" up until a few hours ago. Now all it says is "shipping info received". I haven't gotten an "shipped" email either.

I went with the basic shipping, but still, it's kind of annoying that the box is apparently still sitting in a GameStop warehouse somewhere.

Damnit, I was just going to ask if anyone has been successful in activating the rockstar code...I've been trying for hours with no such luck. I've double checked the code so many times I've pretty much memorized it.

I shot an email off to Rockstar support in the mean time...wish I knew what I was doing wrong :/

Anyone else unable to download their soundtrack and in game bonus? Supposedly an email with the soundtrack download was sent to me 2 hours ago but still nothing in my inbox. Also when trying to access the in game bonus its failing to connect to the rockstar servers. :cry: This bites the big one as if it wasn't for the soundtrack (I'm a sucker for game OST's) I probably would of waited for a price drop. :bomb:

Wish mine had a code in the case. Instead its just the manual, map, and some flyer for DLC to come and Max Payne 3. I should get the code thru email anyway (I ordered from Amazon).

I often get the email long after the fact or not at all. Mine also shipped but i had to look it up since an email did not arrive. Shouldn't we have gotten the $10 code if it shipped as well, mine did not come?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Damnit, I was just going to ask if anyone has been successful in activating the rockstar code...I've been trying for hours with no such luck. I've double checked the code so many times I've pretty much memorized it.

I shot an email off to Rockstar support in the mean time...wish I knew what I was doing wrong :/[/QUOTE]

Even at 12:15AM PST last night it took at least 3-4 tries.

The Rockstar servers weren't prepared for this much bombardment I don't think, for whatever reason. Don't worry though, everyone I've seen on other message boards are saying just stay persistent and eventually it will go through and work.

GS messed up yet another preorder overnight order. They shipped it with the wrong measurements or weight and had to go back to the base or whatever. I was bummed when GS told me the weight should not matter and was so dang rude to me. They could care less and told me right out if you want the preorder bonus deal with it and if not return it and buy it somewhere else. I said this is bogus i thought overnight is guranteed but he said it was and they would refund the shipping. I said well it was free but i could of bought it for cheaper somewhere else with other preorder content. They just hungup on me then. I really do not want to preorder anything i really want right away again.

[quote name='MaddyTears']I often get the email long after the fact or not at all. Mine also shipped but i had to look it up since an email did not arrive. Shouldn't we have gotten the $10 code if it shipped as well, mine did not come?[/QUOTE]
Same here. No $10 off codes yet. Anyone get their's?

[quote name='Vader582']Same here. No $10 off codes yet. Anyone get their's?[/QUOTE]

No, but I believe they ask you to allow them up to 2 business days AFTER your order has shipped.

It's better than Amazon, who asks you to allow them 10 days...

I just wish I could get my fucking Assassin's Outfit code to work :bomb:

[quote name='Vader582']Same here. No $10 off codes yet. Anyone get their's?[/QUOTE]

Hell, I only just got my "shipment confirmation" email (complete with links to the USPS site for UPS tracking numbers) this morning, when my order was shipped two days ago and is scheduled for delivery today. GameStop doesn't quite have this new-fangled "email" thing figured out yet, it seems. I expect it'll be another day or two before the $10 off codes get sent out.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']No, but I believe they ask you to allow them up to 2 business days AFTER your order has shipped.

It's better than Amazon, who asks you to allow them 10 days...

I just wish I could get my fucking Assassin's Outfit code to work :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info all! :)
I tried again this morning and was able to unlock my Assassin's Outfit. The game also linked to my Social Club account without any issues, so I unlocked the Gentlemen's Outfit as well. So hopefully it'll be working for you today too.

bread's done
Back