Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer is horrible

TKO236

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Totally hate the multiplayer slow paced,maps are weird,third person with the types of map dont work well wish they could have done something better on multiplayer to contrast the awesome single player :/

Well sorry for the rant

It's tolerable if you are in a posse with people you know and have mics.

Any game is a lot more enjoyable with friends & mics.

With that being said, I haven't played with friends. Only randoms with mics, and it lasted about 15 minutes per session before I got bored.

Free Roam is awesome with friends, annoying as shit with other people.

Gang Hideouts are fun and just dicking around with friends is a good time. (Like tonight, we ended up in epic knife fights where we could only knife horses).

Doing a gang hideout then suddenly falling over cause some douche bag ran half the map to snipe you is god damned frustrating.

The MP is not bad, it of course the wild west, the maps could be done a bit better to represent the topography of the terrain, but the waypoint system at least fixes that.

as far as the lone 'snipers' i found them annoying while in public free roam.. at least until I got my sniper rifle to take revenge, and yeah it is fun to just wage a battle when in a posse another posse, but there should be some common ground when someone is attacking a hideout to at least wait till the job is over before attacking each other.. c'mon we all get points when finished..

example, the other night my posse, of 4 guys were going to the fort and 2 noobs where up there firing cannons at us as we got close, I said screw this and went up on the ridge and sniped them and we took over the fort.. all we wanted to do was pass thru.. then it was on..lol

[quote name='dizee']autoaim is retarded online.[/QUOTE]
The exact reason I hate console shooters. That and controllers are garbage for aiming.

the autoaim in mp is annoying overall the game definelty isnt what they made it seem like it was and the ratings for it were way too high.

I've played a bit over a friend's house then bought it at GS with the 2 for $40 deal. Fun with friends (who play sporadically and not every night). Other than that, very overrated (like most RS games). Really enjoy the single player, but I'm kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing UFC instead.

Not even a fan of "human cock-fighting" (UFC), but I enjoyed the first one very much.

[quote name='Romis']
example, the other night my posse, of 4 guys were going to the fort and 2 noobs where up there firing cannons at us as we got close, I said screw this and went up on the ridge and sniped them and we took over the fort.. all we wanted to do was pass thru.. then it was on..lol[/QUOTE]

lol I would have loved to see that in action.

[quote name='Logain8955']Free Roam is awesome with friends, annoying as shit with other people.

Gang Hideouts are fun and just dicking around with friends is a good time. (Like tonight, we ended up in epic knife fights where we could only knife horses).

Doing a gang hideout then suddenly falling over cause some douche bag ran half the map to snipe you is god damned frustrating.[/QUOTE]
I absolutely hate that too. It's one thing to do it for shits and giggles to friends, but totally annoying if you're just minding your own biz in free roam and some d-bag comes over and pops you.

That's why I wish I could unlock the lasso in free roam already so I can lasso the jackoffs who shoot at me and drag them to their deaths.....repeatedly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why I wish I could unlock the lasso in free roam already so I can lasso the jackoffs who shoot at me and drag them to their deaths.....repeatedly.[/QUOTE]
Guess this would be a bad time to tell you the lasso isn't in MP. . .

[quote name='Jodou']The exact reason I hate console shooters. That and controllers are garbage for aiming.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Bravo! This man knows what he speaks.

Auto-aim is the product of three things: shitty control mechanics from analog sticks, piss poor game development and the new generation of gamers who need to be taken by the hand with features like this. What ever happened to sucking at a game and having to dedicate a number of days to improve your skills?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']:applause::applause::applause:

Auto-aim is the product of three things: shitty control mechanics from analog sticks, piss poor game development and the new generation of gamers who need to be taken by the hand with features like this. What ever happened to sucking at a game and having to dedicate a number of days to improve your skills?[/QUOTE]

thats why i went back to playing u2 mp. at least there you have to have some level of skill.

Guess I'm in the minority, but i've enjoyed the multiplayer quite a bit. I think the targeting mechanic and headshot maneuver are a nice change of pace from all the other shooters out there.

[quote name='Jodou']Guess this would be a bad time to tell you the lasso isn't in MP. . .[/QUOTE]
Oh well. As for taking time to get better at games, if I have to 'practice' then the game loses it's fun factor for me. I prefer to just have games I can pick up and play, although I do play GTA sans autoaim, but I like this game with it better.

[quote name='Demon Soul']The only thing I hate about MP so far is being disconnected from the PSN.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's PSN disconnecting though. I think it's Rockstar's fault, since GTA IV and the GTA Episodes did the same damn thing.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']:applause::applause::applause:

Auto-aim is the product of three things: shitty control mechanics from analog sticks, piss poor game development and the new generation of gamers who need to be taken by the hand with features like this. What ever happened to sucking at a game and having to dedicate a number of days to improve your skills?[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is that the PS3 supports all usb and bluetooth mouses so there's no excuse to put that control mechanism in there. It's also in Unreal tournament 3, but no other shooter. Many makers say it's an unfair advantage, but how is it unfair if ANYBODY can buy a mouse and hook it into the PS3?

This thread is horrible and there were already two other RDR threads. Yeah the disconnects suck but the patch is coming soon.
Looks like the rdr cag posse is already dead lol. I don't think im gonna buy another rockstar game cause i hate how they split the community with autoaim and i am sick of kick glitches and waiting in lobbies. Definately not buying the next gta if its in london.
ps trophies are homo

[quote name='Mr. 420']This thread is horrible and there were already two other RDR threads. Yeah the disconnects suck but the patch is coming soon.
Looks like the rdr cag posse is already dead lol. I don't think im gonna buy another rockstar game cause i hate how they split the community with autoaim and i am sick of kick glitches and waiting in lobbies. Definately not buying the next gta if its in london.
ps trophies are homo[/QUOTE]
:lol: They never patched the frickin' GTA games and I was still suffering through an occasional kick glitch or nine.

GTA's multiplayer was garbage so I expected it when I bought the game, as long as the single-player is amazing, and so far it has been.

[quote name='Mr. 420']This thread is horrible and there were already two other RDR threads. Yeah the disconnects suck but the patch is coming soon.
ps trophies are homo[/QUOTE]

next gta should be in japan or china.

bread's done
Back