Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='seanr1221']Is this game dark for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Turn contrast all the way down and brightness all the way up.

[quote name='GUNNM']anyone else disappointed with free roam?[/QUOTE]

The novelty wore out real quick. And the donkey was a real slap in the face...heh. On the card I got with my pre-order from amazon it mentioned 6 lengthy co-op missions to be available soon. So it looks more like a staging ground for DLC than anything else. I think there is some potential in it.

The Free Golden Gun Code couldn't connect to Rockstar servers for me as well... so thats a bummer.

[quote name='SLeeK719']Alright guys I have a retaded question. When I am doing bounties and say I want to keep the "bad guy" alive and not kill him, how do I go about doing this? I have tried to just beat him up with my fists after shooting his leg and making him fall/stumble and it gives me no option to capture him or whatever and I just end up dying or having to kill him...[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I think you should be able to knock him out with your fists if you keep punching them, after they go down they aren't done for yet.

[quote name='USB Cable']I loved Red Dead Revolver and now I love this game! :p I need some horse armor or something though, my damn horses keep dying... :'( I always skin them when they die, I hope this doesn't send the in game ASPCA after me or something![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='faceturd']The novelty wore out real quick. And the donkey was a real slap in the face...heh. On the card I got with my pre-order from amazon it mentioned 6 lengthy co-op missions to be available soon. So it looks more like a staging ground for DLC than anything else. I think there is some potential in it.

The Free Golden Gun Code couldn't connect to Rockstar servers for me as well... so thats a bummer.[/QUOTE]
You can upgrade your mounts btw. I ride on the 3rd house

[quote name='GUNNM']You can upgrade your mounts btw. I ride on the 3rd house[/QUOTE]

Does your house have chicken legs or something?

I seriously tried to break the stallion for like an hour just now. I absolutely couldn't do it. The longest I could ride was about 15 seconds. It really, really pissed me off. I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow.

I've yet to play any Multiplayer, but so far the story mode is good. After seeing the Horse prices, I'm really glad I got the Warhorse from Best Buy, but I too have not been able to connect to their "code unlock servers". I also haven't been able to join the... what's it called? The Rockstar Players Club or something like that? Anyway, it also fails to connect with their servers. I wonder if a huge flood of code inputs/multiplayer games crashed them, or something...

I also couldn't figure out how to "capture" people. The first time I attempted to break up the fight in the ranch I ended up blowing both the dude's brains out from behind assasination-style with my rifle. On a related note, I like the "load game" feature... :rofl:

[quote name='jughead']I seriously tried to break the stallion for like an hour just now. I absolutely couldn't do it. The longest I could ride was about 15 seconds. It really, really pissed me off. I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's easy enough, if you see the character leans left on the horse you tap right on the joystick and vice versa.

Weird glitches though. I whistled for my horse and found him stuck at the bar in the saloon.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I'm still in the first 1.5 hours of crap right now. I sort of enjoyed killing the rabbits, but not so much the coyotes on the horse that used auto-aim[/QUOTE]

I haven't even read through the rest of the topic yet- I'm about to- but I just had to quote this. The way it was worded, it gave me visions of coyotes riding horses and shooting people.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It's easy enough, if you see the character leans left on the horse you tap right on the joystick and vice versa.

Weird glitches though. I whistled for my horse and found him stuck at the bar in the saloon.[/QUOTE]

The hilarious in-game glitches are just about worthy enough to make this a buy for me, so far... Holding out for my upcoming birthday though.

I can't believe they let people use auto-aim in certain MP modes though. I saw a video of a guy playing online, and auto aim pretty much did everything for him.

Then there's the guy who tried to headshot his horse and the horse fell over, sending the guy flying off a cliff, before he even had a chance to shoot...

Few people have been on my friend list for hours playing RDR so far though. Like, 6-8 hours straight...

[quote name='eastx']Does your house have chicken legs or something?[/QUOTE]
Nah there's 6 or 7 horses you can choose when you gain XP you start off on a donkey and your next horse is a dying malnutritioned horse with its ribs poking out and the next horse (3rd horse) is a black brownish stallion.

I really like the multiplayer variety. The amount of characters you can choose as your "avatar" in the world is pretty awesome, as well. I started with the "injun" and now play as a chubby Mexican criminal.

In free roam, hilarity ensues when my chubby mexican character chases a donkey and attempts to punch it. Or even attempts to fight a bear with his bare fists. Pun intended.

[quote name='confoosious']for the people who got the amazon code for the golden guns DLC, what is the format?[/QUOTE]

[XXXX] - [XXXX] - [XXXX] - [XXXX]
where X maybe a number or a letter.

It's written on a print inside the game case.

What is wrong with free roam?

I haven't done it but it would have been 100 times more awesome with the minigames. Especially poker. Betting all of your money with friends playing.

Has anybody else gone to the movie theater yet? I saw one cartoon about medicine and it was pretty funny.

[quote name='sherisdoppel'][XXXX] - [XXXX] - [XXXX] - [XXXX]
where X maybe a number or a letter.

It's written on a print inside the game case.[/QUOTE]

meant to ask whether that was xbox or ps3? cause that's not an xbox code and i'm vconfued.

Finally getting back to the real story mode after some random online and just riding around doing whatever in story. Fun like other GTAs but fresh new storylines.

You get the lasso from Bonnie after she teaches you to hunt and herd and and and lol. It'll become a selectable "weapon". Take um alive! :)

I got the Walmart version while waiting for Amazon shipment. Same reported UPC but no golden guns code. Weird... Haven't thought to check my email hopefully they emailing codes as well.

EDIT: OMG people are stupid! Search "Red Dead code" and look at prices.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']meant to ask whether that was xbox or ps3? cause that's not an xbox code and i'm vconfued.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for my Xbox 360.
You don't redeem codes through the "Redeem Code" menu provided by the 360 dashboard nor the xbox.com.

There is in-game menu where you can enter it in to get the DLC.
It's not complicated as what ME2 is doing it with theirs. You just type it in and you will get your DLC in Red Dead Redemption.
The problem now is that the server is quite unstable and a lot of people are having issues redeeming the codes.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I bought it for my Xbox 360.
You don't redeem codes through the "Redeem Code" menu provided by the 360 dashboard nor the xbox.com.

There is in-game menu where you can enter it in to get the DLC.
It's not complicated as what ME2 is doing it with theirs. You just type it in and you will get your DLC in Red Dead Redemption.
The problem now is that the server is quite unstable and a lot of people are having issues redeeming the codes.[/QUOTE]

ahhh gotcha.

thanks.

[quote name='unopepito06']I've yet to play any Multiplayer, but so far the story mode is good. After seeing the Horse prices, I'm really glad I got the Warhorse from Best Buy, but I too have not been able to connect to their "code unlock servers". I also haven't been able to join the... what's it called? The Rockstar Players Club or something like that? Anyway, it also fails to connect with their servers. I wonder if a huge flood of code inputs/multiplayer games crashed them, or something...

I also couldn't figure out how to "capture" people. The first time I attempted to break up the fight in the ranch I ended up blowing both the dude's brains out from behind assasination-style with my rifle. On a related note, I like the "load game" feature... :rofl:[/QUOTE]Haven't been able to redeem my code yet either.

When breaking up the fight you can do at least three things to do so non-lethally which are shoot beside them a few times, push/punch them, or my favorite, run over them with a horse.

When it comes to bounties, I am also confused. It worked great with the sheriff, but I shot the first guy in the legs and he went down so I rush in only for him to get up before I get to him and I had to snap off a shot to stay alive and I hit his gut killing him. Second guy I shot in the legs three times and he fell to hs knees and I thought he was going to continue to fall, however, as I rushed in he stayed on his knees and filled me full of lead. Now that I have the lasso it might be easier.

put in 8 hours today, and i have not sen where the soundtrack is with the order, if it is unlocked in teh game menu i dont know i didnt really care. so far i have done a few missions, beat max pauout five finger fillet at $100 a pop, hunted over 10,000lbs of meat, cleaned out 2 poker tourneys, defeated 3 local gunslingers, encountered over 50 world events with 20 unique, been attacked by cougars, ridden the train cross country during a storm, watched a hooker get stabbed on a public street, and watched a guy get eaten by a pack of coyotes, kicked a guy down 3 flights of stairs, got amazed that falling into waste deep water kills you ( come on, assassins creed 1 has taught us nothing? )... plus tons of other crap and i dont even have my lasso yet...

bad.ass.game.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon, but it was just the Golden Guns DLC code, was hoping it was the $20 credit so I can order Alan Wake.

Has anyone tried to redeem the code for the soundtrack from the Gamestop version on the website mentioned on the sheet? Since the in-game content hasn't worked, I haven't even tried to get the soundtrack.

One quick question I have is what is the difference between normal and expert targeting mode? I had to change the option to expert for one dead eye headshot for the achievement but noticed no real difference between that and normal. Oh and I wish I could find more people to duel, played all day and only ran into one gunslinger.

[quote name='menikmati']Just got an e-mail from Amazon, but it was just the Golden Guns DLC code, was hoping it was the $20 credit so I can order Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they even e-mail you about it. I think, with my $10 code from SSFIV, it simply automatically discounted the $10 from the price of my next game order during the checkout process.

How do you roll in multiplayer mode? I am getting whooped because these guys duck and roll every time I shoot at them. Sorry if this was asked before!

hi, does anyone know how to join games as a party?

when me and my friends meet up in the free roam, we want to join a free for all game, but i always just join the game by myself.

this is very annoying, as it always finds full games for me, and i cannot invite my friend to play.

While your aiming press square I think.

[quote name='MachineElf']How do you roll in multiplayer mode? I am getting whooped because these guys duck and roll every time I shoot at them. Sorry if this was asked before![/QUOTE]

Also got an email for the Golden Guns from Amazon.

So, some people are getting cards, and some people are getting emails.

That probably matches to the UPC you're shipped. I'm guessing I"ll be getting the mass-market, while others who got the DLC in the box have the unique Amazon UPC.

When you die out in the world, does it go back to the last save, or does it just send you to the nearest safe house?

What about if you die during a mission?

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Also got an email for the Golden Guns from Amazon.

So, some people are getting cards, and some people are getting emails.

That probably matches to the UPC you're shipped. I'm guessing I"ll be getting the mass-market, while others who got the DLC in the box have the unique Amazon UPC.[/QUOTE]

I got both a card and an e-mail from amazon, and the codes are different... so not sure what is going on yet.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It's easy enough, if you see the character leans left on the horse you tap right on the joystick and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

On the mission where you get the lasso and they leave you out in the field of cacti to break the stallion? I had no problem with the weak horses but this thing is giving me trouble.

Do the regular horses just require you to use left and right on the left stick for balance? L,R,U,D for the stallions? If so; I'm gonna need someone to come over to my house after work and beat this shit for me.

[quote name='Fjordson']There are outfit scraps out in the wild? Where have people found them?[/QUOTE]

yeah in the outfit menu once you've unlocked a certain outfit. it gives you a list of things to do to get all the pieces to complete the outfit. (ex win a game of horse shoes, complete a night watch mission etc etc)

[quote name='faceturd']I got both a card and an e-mail from amazon, and the codes are different... so not sure what is going on yet.[/QUOTE]

i also got a code in the box and one emailed from amazon for the golden guns. i tried connecting to the social club to and it wouldn't let me sign in last night but it did today. so once i link up and redeem one of the codes (if the one on the card actually works) i'll give the other one away, don't need 2 codes for the same item.

edit- used one code and gave the other away.

So I know several people have already asked about this but I'd like a little more info from those who have pulled it off:

In the Bonnie mission where she has you wrangle a horse, how exactly are you guys balancing with the right stick? When Marston leans left I push the stick right and hold it there (sometimes moving to center position a little in case the horse bucks left) and reverse as soon as I see Marston switch sides. After several hours of this, I'm still having no luck.

Is there a specific "flicking" motion you guys have used or do you just hold the stick in each direction (in before "that's what she said")? Does leaning forward or back have any effect?

From what I understand reading here (and my own experiences) the different breeds/colors vary in difficulty to wrangle. I've tried them all but which is the easiest to balance on?

Thanks in advance.

you push the opposite direction that he's leaning

for horse shoes, make sure you aim your shot well, then its a matter of pushing STRAIGHT down on the analog, then straight up. being straight is crucial. Then make sure you get a feel for the amount of power it takes to land near the stake

I just did that mission. When he leaned to one side, I pushed him to the opposite. Just a quick flick, I didn't hold anything.

I had more trouble keeping the rope on the horse, they kept breaking free.

bread's done
Back