Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='jamofpearls']I cannot wait till tuesday. I'm going to have to break up with Bad Company 2 to get Red Dead Redemption though.[/QUOTE]

That's why I've only played the Halo beta for a while now, that way when the beta is basically over, it's RDR time!

[quote name='Fjordson']Some RDR devs (I'm not exactly sure which ones) were on the Kotaku radio show this morning. But it seems like it's over now. Hopefully they'll have the podcast version of it up rather soon. Something interesting I just saw mentioned on the GameFaqs board is that you can't drive cars, despite a few of them showing up towards the end of the game. Marston doesn't know how and "is alienated by new technology".

http://kotaku.com/5537020/red-dead-redemption-and-kotaku-talk-radio-live[/QUOTE]
Oh cool, thanks for that spoiler. Now I don't have to experience that part for myself! Thanks again.

I don't know if I'd consider that a spoiler...they're nothing more than what an inaccessible building was in GTA III. Part of the setting but they don't have any bearing on the gameplay or story. Just cosmetic stuff.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think that's good. I don't want to drive cars, leave that to GTA.

It kinda bothers me that they chose this late of a setting for the game anyway, but I guess it gave them some compelling storylines to go with and opened up the types of weaponry that would be available.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Even if they had let you I would've stuck to my trusty steed.

[quote name='Fjordson']I don't know if I'd consider that a spoiler...they're nothing more than what an inaccessible building was in GTA III. Part of the setting but they don't have any bearing on the gameplay or story. Just cosmetic stuff.[/QUOTE]

It is a spoiler though. We're led to believe this was very far in the past, now we know that's not quite the case because of you. If they put them purposely at the end of the game, then it was something special they wanted you to see that wasn't thrown in your face in the first 10 minutes. I would like to add to the thanks.

[quote name='tcrash247']We're led to believe this was very far in the past, now we know that's not quite the case because of you.[/QUOTE]
What? The time period and inclusion of cars has been common knowledge for a long time.

[quote name='Fjordson']What? The time period and inclusion of cars has been common knowledge for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Not to me...

You guys don't remember the original press release for this game? They mentioned a "future town" area or something like that. Not really a spoiler, and if it is to you, get out of the thread.

Does the code for Gamestop's deadly assassin outfit come in the case or does the cashier have to give it to you?

[quote name='seanr1221']You guys don't remember the original press release for this game? They mentioned a "future town" area or something like that. Not really a spoiler, and if it is to you, get out of the thread.[/QUOTE]
Omg... please just stop. :headache:

[quote name='beerme']Does the code for Gamestop's deadly assassin outfit come in the case or does the cashier have to give it to you?[/QUOTE]
I'm not quite sure. I'm wondering about this also.

I'm also wondering if the Special Edition is going to be first come first serve in store, or if they'll actually be reserved for people who pre-ordered before they ran out.

As of now, they're sold out, but I pre-ordered with in-store pickup two weeks ago so I'm curious as to how secure my SE is.

They have guns in the game? Thanks for spoiling the game to me.

Oldsmobiles were around during what 1902? Game is set in 1912? Rockstar has alot of never to put Cars into the game.

[quote name='seanr1221']spoiler, and if it is to you, get out of the thread.[/QUOTE]
I tried this defense once and people cried to mods to get my post deleted

[quote name='wildcpac']They have guns in the game? Thanks for spoiling the game to me.

Oldsmobiles were around during what 1902? Game is set in 1912? Rockstar has alot of never to put Cars into the game.[/QUOTE]

I think the first car came out around 1890, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='seanr1221']I think the first car came out around 1890, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

You have alot of nerve spoiling that to me. How dare you state that and how dare this game have historical accuracies.

[quote name='tcrash247']We're led to believe this was very far in the past, now we know that's not quite the case because of you.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was said at the beginning of one of the first trailers that the game is set in the early 20th century.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm pretty sure it was said at the beginning of one of the first trailers that the game is set in the early 20th century.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's been in a bunch of trailers...

[quote name='GUNNM']I tried this defense once and people cried to mods to get my post deleted[/QUOTE]

You're still butthurt over that?
- You spoiled a story element of the game
- It was out for less than a week before you spoiled it
- People kindly asked you to spoiler tag it, you didn't, a mod stepped in

Anways, the more I think about it, it's really weird that water=insta-death. It can't be a programing issue, since you could swim in GTA4. Water is just an artificial and arbitrary barrier. Regardless, I hope we can throw people into water and kill them.

Need your help guys. Should I buy this game? A couple of my friends dismissed it due to the less than stellar red dead revolver.

I enjoy free roaming games with a good story and a solid main character (much like GTA, Yakuza etc). I don't really enjoy free roaming games where you basically play a blank slate (Oblivion, Fallout).

So will I end up enjoying this game?

[quote name='red_aurum']Need your help guys. Should I buy this game? A couple of my friends dismissed it due to the less than stellar red dead revolver.

I enjoy free roaming games with a good story and a solid main character (much like GTA, Yakuza etc). I don't really enjoy free roaming games where you basically play a blank slate (Oblivion, Fallout).

So will I end up enjoying this game?[/QUOTE]

I think you will enjoy this if you liked GTA.

[quote name='moojuice']You're still butthurt over that?
- You spoiled a story element of the game
- It was out for less than a week before you spoiled it
- People kindly asked you to spoiler tag it, you didn't, a mod stepped in

Anways, the more I think about it, it's really weird that water=insta-death. It can't be a programing issue, since you could swim in GTA4. Water is just an artificial and arbitrary barrier. Regardless, I hope we can throw people into water and kill them.[/QUOTE]

from what i recall, water isn't "insta-death" i remember reading about how John Marston can swim up to a certain depth, but generally water is not friendly to people in RDR

[quote name='red_aurum']Should I buy this game?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='red_aurum']So will I end up enjoying this game?[/QUOTE]

Do you have a soul? If so, then yes.

Bad ass new preview up on IGN. MINOR SPOILERS for a particular side quest are inside but it's fairly inconsequential.

I think the economy sounds pretty cool. It mentions that if an animal stalks nearby a certain town/outpost then nobody is going to pay much for it. But if you have an animal skin, or some other resource, from another part of the region you'll get more in return.

LIVE STREAM ON JUSTIN.TV RIGHT NOW:

http://www.justin.tv/failgaming#r=XtjPwA0~

It's legit. He's on the opening cutscene right now. Not a pirate, just managed to pick up a retail copy early. Obvious spoilers. I'm way too excited right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the amazon preorder was best. 20 dollar girft card is a sweet deal and i already had a $20 coupon from purchasing BFBC2

[quote name='PMD1']i think the amazon preorder was best. 20 dollar girft card is a sweet deal and i already had a $20 coupon from purchasing BFBC2[/QUOTE]

You can have your golden guns, I prefer looking like a badass.

central_bg.jpg

Shit! The channel was blocked by the "Copyright holder". Damnit! He was just getting started. The graphics and animation look INCREDIBLE.

[quote name='Fjordson']Shit! The channel was blocked by the "Copyright holder". Damnit! He was just getting started. The graphics and animation look INCREDIBLE.[/QUOTE]

HAHA I noticed that also. I was just watching it and being amazed then suddenly the page refreshed and it said removed because Copyright Holder said so :( BOOOO!!

[quote name='Trouts']I'm really excited about this....what pre-order bonus is the best you think?[/QUOTE]

Are there even any actual pre-order bonuses, aside from Amazon's gift card? I think I might trade in a couple games I have laying around so I can get the game for $20 at Game Stop.

I was reading one of the early reviews, and it couldn't get more in-depth on how gory and violent the game was o_O

Something like, this man and a woman (whore) were arguing outside of a bordello and the man ended up stabbing her in the stomach, then following her to the ground to continue stabbing...

And a bit about how strong/surprising/fast/deadly some of the animals were, like mountain lions, which took down his horse and then himself before he knew what hit him.

And where he saw a hanging taking place, and tried to intervene...he barely missed the rope, and the person was hung to a gruesome death.

I was pretty dismissive of this game after seeing the crappy autoaim from GTA4 (optional) and that it was "like GTA with horses", but it does seem like several more steps in another direction, with lots to do.

[quote name='Rhett']
I was reading one of the early reviews...​
[/QUOTE]

Actually that was the IGN preview that Fjordson linked to a couple posts ago. The only reviews so far are from Game Informer and GamesTM.

[quote name='BingoBrown'] The only reviews so far are from Game Informer and GamesTM.[/QUOTE]

I read the Game Informer review and I wish I hadn't. The review had a major spoiler!!!

One of the cities you visit features old time vehicles. No idea if you can drive them or not.

[quote name='Rhett']I was pretty dismissive of this game after seeing the crappy autoaim from GTA4 (optional) and that it was "like GTA with horses", but it does seem like several more steps in another direction, with lots to do. [/QUOTE]
Definitely. After seeing the game in motion I feel confident predicting that this will be leagues above what GTA IV did, and much more than "GTA with horses".

Obviously it's only speculation since the stream only lasted about 15 minutes, but everything I saw was stellar. The voice work, the animations, draw distance, the ambient music, how tightly Marston seemed to control - it all looked like a massive step up from GTA.

You can't. Devs said in the Kotaku podcast that Martson doesn't like cars, therefore won't be driving any of them

[quote name='iambeaker']I read the Game Informer review and I wish I hadn't. The review had a major spoiler!!!

One of the cities you visit features old time vehicles. No idea if you can drive them or not.
[/QUOTE]

I can't wait. Someone got their hands on an early copy at the official forums and took a picture of the map below.

It looks big, WOOT! Big image warning.

314bec6fe98ab8f.jpg

Nice. I hope there's a poster on the other side.

Damn! The same channel as before put another steam up that was password protected but the viewer number shot up to a thousand and it got shut down. The gun fights look so good.

I ordered on Amazon to get the 20.00 gift card.

Amazone prime membership = free shipping for arrival on May 18.

Thanks CAG for the info!

They're being really, really uptight about anything getting out about the game >_>

... I'd still want to find a way to get a video to the masses, though. Maybe torrents...?

I'm pretty much sold on this game. I find the GTA games to be incredibly meh, but this game looks great. Aside from being open world, it doesn't remind me of GTA which is definitely a good thing.

bread's done
Back