Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='GUNNM']Sorry alan wake I'm canceling your pre-order[/QUOTE]

Yep.

For a long time I was going to get Alan Wake over RDR, but I am extremely hyped for RDR now and I will just rent or buy Alan Wake when it drops in price.

this game has epicness written all over it. the last game to come out that i considered "epic" was san andreas i put over 70 hours into that game just running around the map and having a good time. could this finally be the open world game to top it? gta 4 dissapointed a little bit, it was fun but no where near as fun as san andreas.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Twice the size of San Andreas really isn't that big of a deal these days. Take a look at this comparison pic:

large-video-game-worlds2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Never noticed how big paradise was. Farcry 2 seemed pretty big big traveling as you all know was a pain in the ass.

I might be the only one who would give GTA IV 7.8 as I never enjoyed its blurry combat and thought there was really nothing you could do except for some explosion parties, but I see the gun play in Red Dead Redemption seems better from what I saw on the trailers.
Do you think I would enjoy this game?

[quote name='wildcpac']Taken from gamestop.com

"In-Store Pickup Ordering Deadline
The ability to select In-Store Pickup is removed 24-48 hours before release, so pre-order early."

If it hasn't passed yet, it is about to. Overnight delivery according to the site states that it will be shipped on the 18th so you will get it the 19th. "Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010"[/QUOTE]
If you look down though it says they guarantee to get it to you on release day or you get shipping refunded.

[quote name='Indignate']I thought he was going to drag her around at first, but this...this is just legit.[/QUOTE]

lol, I thought the same thing!

I really hope Amazon does not let me down with Release Date shipping like they did with Bad Company 2....I want it on release day....not the Day after+shipping refunded

Wow that video was so cruel but yet so funny. I can see myself doing that with my posse for kicks. It would be cool if you can take a live person to the tracks and do that in free roam online. >:)

[quote name='Poor2More']I really hope Amazon does not let me down with Release Date shipping like they did with Bad Company 2....I want it on release day....not the Day after+shipping refunded[/QUOTE]

Yeah GS and amazon do that stuff to often on me. The refunded shipping is a joke when gs does the free overnight shipping so you get nothing back even if they refund it.

Is anyone really pumped for this game to finally come out tomorrow? I didn't even want the game until about a month ago and now I'm excited like a kid before Xmas for some reason.

[quote name='wildcpac']Ign with a 9.7

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090125p1.html

Drawback was a few bugs in the game.[/QUOTE]

This quote from that review baffles me:

"The target assist makes attacking enemies while riding a horse a breeze, but it also makes the combat a little too easy at times. The cover system works similarly to GTA IV, but there just didn't seem much need for it when I could simply walk ahead slowly ripping off shots with perfect accuracy. I died here or there, but rarely did Red Dead Redemption feel particularly challenging."

Does this clown not realize that there were different auto-aim options to choose from, including turning it off? Dumb.

Regardless, very positive review, like I expected. I just wish the reviewers were able to spend time with the multiplayer. I knew single-player would be amazing, I need to know how much the multiplayer has improved over GTAIV.

if amazon delivers like i hope they will, after work tomorrow i will be marathoning this game deep into the night and all day wednesday. i read ign's previews yesterday and im way hyped for this game now. a few months back i didnt give a rats ass about it but after those trailers started coming out...awww yeahhhh

[quote name='crunchewy']Of course GTAIV got stellar reviews and yet gamers seem to mostly think it was a disappointment. So we shall see.[/QUOTE]

Most of that backlash stemmed from all the hype and the fact that it wasn't San Andreas though. I hated it when I first played it for these same reasons, but upon realizing, "It's not San Andreas. Get over it" found that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I've beaten it 3 times and bought both DLCs.

[quote name='rapsodist']I will say this: a Eurogamer 8 is worth far more to me than a 9 or 10 from other critics.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Eurogamer doesn't hand out high scores as easily as others.

[quote name='tenma']Most of that backlash stemmed from all the hype and the fact that it wasn't San Andreas though. I hated it when I first played it for these same reasons, but upon realizing, "It's not San Andreas. Get over it" found that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I've beaten it 3 times and bought both DLCs.[/QUOTE]

damn, 3 times, thats a lot of play throughs for a game with a shitload of content

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']damn, 3 times, thats a lot of play throughs for a game with a shitload of content[/QUOTE]

Haha...yeah, I'm kind of a GTA whore. Beat GTA 3 probably 6 times, Vice City 3, San Andreas 3 or 4 (but out of all the GTAs I spent the most time after beating the story just fucking around), Liberty City Stories once or twice, Vice City Stories once or twice, GTA 4 3 times (had been replaying it the past couple weeks, but will stop come tomorrow), Lost & Damned twice, Gay Tony once.

Reminder: if you're interested in playing RDR over Xbox Live with other CAGs, add "CAG Posse" as a friend. It's a fake gamertag that'll serve to list all CAGs who are interested in playing RDR. There's five of us signed up so far.

My amazon order is in shipping soon status. Not release date delivery, but hopefully not too much longer.

The good reviews are nice, but I have a feeling I will enjoy it regardless. As for Eurogamer, I'm a little suspect if they are trying to compare this game with the likes of Just Cause 2 or even Red Faction G--I like both of those games, but for me I had a better time with GTAIV...anyway, that analogy doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Well can't wait to get this going tonight, just 12 hours now. I went ahead and added the Cag group so just send an invite my way if anyone starts playing free roam.

I don't know about you guys, but the PS3 thread for RDR is all organized, and I doubt Danimal is going to editing his post so we will be seeing the "delayed until may" for a until than.

oh hells yeah!!! amazon just emailed me saying red dead and alan wake have been shipped. what a week im gonna have.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Reminder: if you're interested in playing RDR over Xbox Live with other CAGs, add "CAG Posse" as a friend. It's a fake gamertag that'll serve to list all CAGs who are interested in playing RDR. There's five of us signed up so far.[/QUOTE]

Just added it, I'll be on starting 5PM PST tomorrow.

bread's done
Back