Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='ajh2298']Question for all the players who are longer into the game:

Is it ok to sell all the pelts, antlers, meat, and etc. you get from the animals you skin?[/QUOTE]

im only 37% complete, but as far as i can tell all the Challenges require u to get X amount more of Deer Skins or whatever. holding on to them really doesn't benefit you, then again im not near end game...just trying to complete everything before moving on in the story.

edit - i remember some strangers asking for some materials like flowers or bird feathers....so if u dont need cash i guess holding on to your materials could be worth while.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kingofpittsburgh']The online doesn't even work in this game so thats impossible.[/QUOTE]

it is sporadic for sure, but give it a bit, you can put in so much fun in SP til its resolved its not a big deal, but when it is, hell yeah, and we totally need fall over drunk shootouts and some custom CAG gametypes... ill be talking to www.undeadxbox.com to get working on the zombie mod for red dead... Zombie Western FTW.

i got the week off from work so plan to put a serious hurt on the storyline, then go back to all my side stuff. but i heard the community event will start soon where we have to collectively rob a certain amount of money from banks and when the number is reached unlocks a global unlock a la Battlefield 1943... pretty cool.. so don those bandanas, reload your guns and keep the horses ready, i'm totally ready to pull off the great train robbery 2.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']If you're registered for the Social Club, you need to link your Gamertag with the Club. Press start and select the Social Club menu option. Then sign in with your email address (From Social Club) and you'll link the account. You'll get 7 cheats unlocked as well as the Gentleman's Outfit the next time you save.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. Didn't know you get 7 cheats as well. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Richlough']How do I get the lasso ?

I know it's probably been answered already, but I would appreciate it .[/QUOTE]

You have to do the horse breaking mission w/ the B (can't remember her name right now).

[quote name='badlieut']You have to do the horse breaking mission w/ the B (can't remember her name right now).[/QUOTE]

Bonnie.

So far I am a couple hours into the game and I can't help but think this is just GTA with a fresh new coat of paint. The same problem I had with GTA is the same I have with this so far and that is... I feel like I am constantly travelling from one place to another so time flies fast.

Haha I got my first bounty, brought him in alive, but my horse just croaked on the road! I guess I was riding it to hard and luckily it wasn't mine. I fell off the thing and there's a dead horse in the middle of the road. Wow that was shocking to be a part of. What was more shocking was that after unsuccessfully helping out a stranger from bandits my horse was killed in the firefight and the game allowed me to skin it. Noooo Betsy! Whhyyyy! haha Found my first treasure, the second one is a bit harder to figure out.

Amazon appears to have shipped a card with the Golden Gun Codes, and sent a different one via e-mail. I have entered the card one and now have an extra from the e-mail... obviously I don't know if it works since the codes have been somewhat difficult to get through but for whoever is wiling to try:

==================================
This code will unlock the Golden Guns Weapon Pack.

Here is your bonus code: CLAIMED

How to Use Your Code:

1. Go to the main menu of the game
2. Select "Downloadable Content" in the main menu
3. Select "Press X to enter a ROCKSTAR code"
4. Enter your unique code
==================================

Please PM me if you use the code so I can edit this post to inform everyone.

Can somebody help me out with the first "Treasure Map"? It looks like it has something to do with the "Hanging Rock" but I searched all around it and could not find a thing.

Does anyone know how long this game usually takes?

I'm at
the part where you meet the guy in the graveyard and you go to Moses to get the map back and just finished that mission and paid off my bounty.

How far am I into it?

You've got a fair amount left. There are 57 missions. Within the 1st act you've still got to work with Irish and West Dickens. I'd say you're about 15-20% in.

Tracker says my copy arrived at the post office yesterday, so hopefully I get this today.

If not...then I got a long weekend ahead of me.

[quote name='ajh2298']Can somebody help me out with the first "Treasure Map"? It looks like it has something to do with the "Hanging Rock" but I searched all around it and could not find a thing.[/QUOTE]

I had some issue with that one too and someone here helped me out. The issue lies in perspective and the distance:

Orient yourself so the tree is on the left of the hanging rock and then approach the hanging rock formation. The box is a small treasure box located under some rubble slightly off to the right but practically directly under the hanging rock formation. I think the maps are a bit confusing at first... the arrow doesn't mean further away from the hanging rock, but is kinda a second mini clue of its own once you have oriented yourself correctly. At first I thought it meant the treasure was across the trail by some larger rocks... I was wrong, its right under the damn thing. Good luck

[quote name='ajh2298']Can somebody help me out with the first "Treasure Map"? It looks like it has something to do with the "Hanging Rock" but I searched all around it and could not find a thing.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem as you. Try using youtube in the future takes 2 seconds.

Just search treasure map 1 red dead there are several videos. Do in the future with the other ones.

Such a tease.

314bf7e9dfec1f6.jpg

314bf7e94deed83.jpg

314bf7e9df59765.jpg

All you can do is press Y to enter the passenger seat.

[quote name='bloodandthunder']has anybody killed a bear yet?[/QUOTE]

I did in free roam. I was riding through Tall Trees and two attacked me. I killed one before the other got me.

[quote name='cin84_12']I did in free roam. I was riding through Tall Trees and two attacked me. I killed one before the other got me.[/QUOTE]

man, i still haven't found one, i've been wanting to get the acheivement.

[quote name='bloodandthunder']man, i still haven't found one, i've been wanting to get the acheivement.[/QUOTE]

Just go to Tall Trees, there are tons of them, atleast there were when I went there in freeroam the other day. FYI, they die in one shot from a shotgun.

I like how between multiplayer games a fistfight generally breaks out while waiting for the next game to start. Looks like a western themed moshpit. Multiplayer is fun but it keeps locking up on me :(

i would love to play the multiplayer for more than five minutes at a time, the small bits i've been able to play have been great fun and a welcome change from call of duty.

The map is misleading.. The treasure is directly behind that big rock right beside the hanging tree.. you have to walk inbetween the few big ones at the back of it and you'll look down and see it there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJb2Nr8daI

[quote name='bloodandthunder']i would love to play the multiplayer for more than five minutes at a time, the small bits i've been able to play have been great fun and a welcome change from call of duty.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried any matches yet, but I've played Free Roam online several times without a single issue. It's been great.

For some reason, I find leveling up in RDR more addicting than in Modern Warfare. Between the characters, guns, mounts, and titles, there's always something cool to unlock with each level.

I lost another duel because my horse was standing in front of me. All I could do was try and shoot through my horse. Then me and my horse both died :(

I played a bit of multiplayer last night. Got sniped due to me looking at the map stationary on my donkey. Ahh but then I after a while I got invited to join a posse and they were doing a cops and robbers kind of thing. That was very enjoyable, classic western town shootouts and battling on Main Street hehe.

I came across my first gang hideout in single player today. I killed everyone yet it didn't register it as a Gang Hideout cleared. What did I do wrong? Am I suppose to do something besides kill everyone there?

heh, it was actually opposite for me. I went to the fort mercer gang hideout and as soon as I entered the zone I automatically got credit for it and XP. I find it weird because I haven't even killed one bandit lol.

[quote name='lordopus99']I came across my first gang hideout in single player today. I killed everyone yet it didn't register it as a Gang Hideout cleared. What did I do wrong? Am I suppose to do something besides kill everyone there?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']heh, it was actually opposite for me. I went to the fort mercer gang hideout and as soon as I entered the zone I automatically got credit for it and XP. I find it weird because I haven't even killed one bandit lol.[/QUOTE]

Were you apart of a posse? Maybe you got credit for one of your posse completing it.

[quote name='lordopus99']I came across my first gang hideout in single player today. I killed everyone yet it didn't register it as a Gang Hideout cleared. What did I do wrong? Am I suppose to do something besides kill everyone there?[/QUOTE]

I did a gang hideout on MP. After killing all of them, a second wave came in and I had to kill them off too. I dont know if it helps with SP but make sure all of the red dots on the map are killed off.

The trickiest thing I've encountered so far is the Hunter challenge where you need to kill two cougars with a knife. Those things are deadly.

Nope I was playing free roam solo. However there were some other people on other bandit locations but not the one in Fort Mercer area which I got credit for.

[quote name='wildcpac']Were you apart of a posse? Maybe you got credit for one of your posse completing it.[/QUOTE]

Was it the one in the basin? Cause I had to do that one twice after I didn't talk to the guy at the beginning of the first attempt.

[quote name='freshzen']Was it the one in the basin? Cause I had to do that one twice after I didn't talk to the guy at the beginning of the first attempt.[/QUOTE]

Yes. So where is the guy I need to see? My first run I just shot from above.

Was planning on buying RDR today off of Amazon, since it was $53 yesterday, and checked about a half hour ago and it was back to $60. I checked it 15 minutes later and it said it was $49.99. Got excited, went to go get my card, and then when I went back to it, it was back to $60. :bomb:

Why does Amazon tease me so? I guess I'll keep checking back to it to see if the price goes down.

[quote name='rly723']Is this one of the better sandbox type games on the 360?[/QUOTE]

I think it blows GTA IV away .

Everything is replicated really well in the game .

I think since there's a lack of technology in the old west, the game seems like more of a true experience , because there's not as much missing as there would be from a GTA/modern setting game .

I don't recommend games often ,but this one I can without a second thought .

[quote name='lordopus99']Yes. So where is the guy I need to see? My first run I just shot from above.[/QUOTE]

When you enter the basin it should have a yellow dot on the map of where to officially start that gang hideout.

Too many people consider Free Roam to be a death match or feel like screwing with people doing gang hideouts. Free Roam is way better in RDR revolver than in GTAIV though.

[quote name='whiptcracker']When you enter the basin it should have a yellow dot on the map of where to officially start that gang hideout.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was attacking the basin from the opposite side so I never knew/saw there was a yellow marker. Now it is all found.

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but has anyone who pre-ordered their copy off Amazon received their $20 credit yet?

[quote name='tenma']Sorry if this has been asked recently, but has anyone who pre-ordered their copy off Amazon received their $20 credit yet?[/QUOTE]

It will take up to 10 business days. So by the 3rd of June you should have it.

Holy shit. Just checked my stats, and I've put in 33 and a half hours playtime, and I'm not even done with the missions in Mexico.

[quote name='rly723']Is this one of the better sandbox type games on the 360?[/QUOTE]

Forget limiting it to the sandbox genre, this is one of the best games on the Xbox.

I was in the fort mercer area along the road and killed my first cougar. Right after that my horse just up and died while walking slowly back to the road and then I was looking for what killed my horse and I died right afterwards. There weren't any bad guys or animals around unless it was a sniper from a LONG ways away that was silenced. It was during a storm and I think I heard a squish sound, but the ground looked normal like bushes and grass. I heard there is quicksand in the game, if so what does it look like? That death cost me a lot of pelts, etc.

It might be a snake. I've gotten bitten by one of those and the animation is the same as being attacked by a cougar lol.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I was in the fort mercer area along the road and killed my first cougar. Right after that my horse just up and died while walking slowly back to the road and then I was looking for what killed my horse and I died right afterwards. There weren't any bad guys or animals around unless it was a sniper from a LONG ways away that was silenced. It was during a storm and I think I heard a squish sound, but the ground looked normal like bushes and grass. I heard there is quicksand in the game, if so what does it look like? That death cost me a lot of pelts, etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fjordson']Holy shit. Just checked my stats, and I've put in 33 and a half hours playtime, and I'm not even done with the missions in Mexico.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar sort of realization, but unfortunately the in-game timer is broken. I noticed that I had 38 hours in the game, and then in the span of two hours I somehow had now accrued 56 hours. I think the in-game timer messes up in calculating your playtime whenever you die, which means it increases the playtime when you die when it shouldn't — at least I think that's the source of the problem, though the actual bug may be happening somewhere else.

I think its excellent, but this game and GTA IV were on completely different levels. Obviously because of the setting for one. But the online mode in Red Dead Redemption is way more solid, everything is organized very well, but GTA IV was more fun online (more fast paced with cars, guns, etc. A blast with friends). The online was WAY overhyped by Rockstar, but its damn good, but not as big of a deal as they made it out to be.

Single player is a ton of fun.

The game is a 9/10 for me. Check my mini-review in my blog!

Anyone else having trouble getting the Gentleman's Suit? It is supposed to be pretty simple with signing up for the Social Club and then doing everything it says to do, but for some reason it won't show up for me. Is this a fairly common glitch or are just a few people unlucky?

bread's done
Back