Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Anyone else having trouble getting the Gentleman's Suit? It is supposed to be pretty simple with signing up for the Social Club and then doing everything it says to do, but for some reason it won't show up for me. Is this a fairly common glitch or are just a few people unlucky?[/QUOTE]

It worked for me without any issues. I completed the Social Club sign up on my computer, linked it to my 360 and PS3 from there, and logged on from within RDR to unlock the suit.

[quote name='Halo05']It worked for me without any issues. I completed the Social Club sign up on my computer, linked it to my 360 and PS3 from there, and logged on from within RDR to unlock the suit.[/QUOTE]

Me too. No issues on getting it. Make sure you go onto the website on your computer and relink your gamertag.

Hehe I just did the knife 5 wolves challenge, that was tricky. I can't remember how my horse got killed but then I tried to catch a wild one but it always just ran away. While this was happening I kept getting attacked by those damn cougars so I said well let's just see if whistling works. Sure enough my horse came riding in from over the hill lol.

So can you catch wild horses or are they just another animal to collect pelts from?! I got one, tamed it, then jumped back on my horse and led it all the way back to Armadillo leaving it in the Livery. Nothing happened however and I had the same horse as I did before lol.

[quote name='Spybreak8']So can you catch wild horses or are they just another animal to collect pelts from?! [/QUOTE]

After catching and taming/breaking them, their deed will become available for purchase at general stores. You can also catch and hitch a better horse than the one you already have for your own use.

How do you capture a bounty live? I shot a dude in the legs and he just kneeled down and shot me, so I shot him once more and he died. Am I supposed to punch him once he's kneeled down?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How do you capture a bounty live? I shot a dude in the legs and he just kneeled down and shot me, so I shot him once more and he died. Am I supposed to punch him once he's kneeled down?[/QUOTE]

Lasso him.

Like a pig.

I'm trying to get medicine to the stranger outside of Armadillo (the woman who's fainted out in the desert), but the doctor's office is always open but nobody is in there! Is this a glitch or am I supposed to buy the medicine somewhere else??

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I'm trying to get medicine to the stranger outside of Armadillo (the woman who's fainted out in the desert), but the doctor's office is always open but nobody is in there! Is this a glitch or am I supposed to buy the medicine somewhere else??[/QUOTE]

It's possible that he'd recently been killed and you need to wait several [in-game] days for a new shopkeeper to show up.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I'm trying to get medicine to the stranger outside of Armadillo (the woman who's fainted out in the desert), but the doctor's office is always open but nobody is in there! Is this a glitch or am I supposed to buy the medicine somewhere else??[/QUOTE]

It may also be too early or he could be walking around town. If need be, just get the meds from a different town.

Anybody else having problems registering with the Rockstar Social Club? I put in my info and keep on getting select a valid date.

[quote name='j3s']After catching and taming/breaking them, their deed will become available for purchase at general stores. You can also catch and hitch a better horse than the one you already have for your own use.[/QUOTE]

Ha you know a bunch of outlaws came shooting into town and once I dealt with them I got a new painted horse!:)

Woo I found #2 treasure, I really like that side quest.

Is there any way to see some concrete stats on a horse once you break a new one? Sometimes it's hard to tell if a new horse is better or worse than your current one.

Damn. Guy's still saying the golden guns code is invalid, so I think I got fucked. By the time I refund him the money and try the code myself I'm going to bet it's going to say it's already been used. Oh well.

On the bright side, having a great time with the game. Favorite moment thus far was riding shotgun on a stagecoach as bandits chased and shot at us. One bandit was throwing molotovs at the coach. Shot at him just as he threw one, it hit the bottle, caught him on fire. He fell off his horse and got stuck in a stirrup so his horse took off running with a screaming, flailing, burning bandit bouncing along behind it.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Damn. Guy's still saying the golden guns code is invalid, so I think I got fucked. By the time I refund him the money and try the code myself I'm going to bet it's going to say it's already been used. Oh well.

On the bright side, having a great time with the game. Favorite moment thus far was riding shotgun on a stagecoach as bandits chased and shot at us. One bandit was throwing molotovs at the coach. Shot at him just as he threw one, it hit the bottle, caught him on fire. He fell off his horse and got stuck in a stirrup so his horse took off running with a screaming, flailing, burning bandit bouncing along behind it.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about trading/selling codes .. make sure you put "Because this is a game code, ALL SALES ARE FINAL / ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS!" in your terms.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Anyone else having trouble getting the Gentleman's Suit? It is supposed to be pretty simple with signing up for the Social Club and then doing everything it says to do, but for some reason it won't show up for me. Is this a fairly common glitch or are just a few people unlucky?[/QUOTE]Are you talking about in game or avatar award. The process you described gets it for you ingame only, the avatar award version is unknown last I saw.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hehe I just did the knife 5 wolves challenge, that was tricky. I can't remember how my horse got killed but then I tried to catch a wild one but it always just ran away. While this was happening I kept getting attacked by those damn cougars so I said well let's just see if whistling works. Sure enough my horse came riding in from over the hill lol.

So can you catch wild horses or are they just another animal to collect pelts from?! I got one, tamed it, then jumped back on my horse and led it all the way back to Armadillo leaving it in the Livery. Nothing happened however and I had the same horse as I did before lol.[/QUOTE]That's when my horse died. After killing a BUNCH of wolves I got on my horse and was trying to get my bearings since my horse seemed to not be bothered by them. Next thing I know it topples over dead. Didn't whinny while being attacked or anything. I ran over the ridge to a camp I had seen and joined it. In midstory the dude got up since he was getting attacked by wolves so I got up and stole one of their fleabag horses and rode off. Too bad as the horse I had was a wild one I had broken and it was really fast. Might have been the stud from the horse roundup mission with Bonnie. You defintiely have to hitch the horse to save it and I don't know if you can lasso a wild horse on foot. It would probably drag you away.

[quote name='DondoKing']added cag posse, feel free to add me if anyone wants to play[/QUOTE]Cool, want to check out online. Better with CAGs.

[quote name='j3s']After catching and taming/breaking them, their deed will become available for purchase at general stores. You can also catch and hitch a better horse than the one you already have for your own use.[/QUOTE]I noticed once that right after I broke a horse, there was a message that there were new items for sale. It was the most expensive horse for sale at the ranch. That explains it. Thanks!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How do you capture a bounty live? I shot a dude in the legs and he just kneeled down and shot me, so I shot him once more and he died. Am I supposed to punch him once he's kneeled down?[/QUOTE]I would like to know how without lassoing. It saysin the tutorial the first time you do it, but I was busy being shot at and missed it. First try he got up before I got to him and instead of shooting his legs again I executed him since I was right next to him, second try he fell to his knees and I thought he was falling down so I ran to him and he splashed my brains across the desert. Now I have a lasso so I don't try anymore.

[quote name='tenma']It's possible that he'd recently been killed and you need to wait several [in-game] days for a new shopkeeper to show up.[/QUOTE]I've seen a screen shot that said five days.

At one point in a scene, Marston asks a guy what the "police" said. Oops.

This game is great, except for cattle rustling. I gave up on it and don't know if I'll go back to Bonnie again, as I'm presuming I'll have to complete that damnable scenario. Is there any way to skip it and go onto the next one?

Also, somehow I missed what is used to indicate your health. What I thought was health was Deadeye. What indicates health?

Lastly, is there any way to get back to the tiltle screen without quitting back to the dashboard?

[quote name='crunchewy']At one point in a scene, Marston asks a guy what the "police" said. Oops.

This game is great, except for cattle rustling. I gave up on it and don't know if I'll go back to Bonnie again, as I'm presuming I'll have to complete that damnable scenario. Is there any way to skip it and go onto the next one?

Also, somehow I missed what is used to indicate your health. What I thought was health was Deadeye. What indicates health?

Lastly, is there any way to get back to the tiltle screen without quitting back to the dashboard?[/QUOTE]

Health is indicated by the screen going red and tainted with blood. You can actually die rather quickly from a couple well aimed shots so you may miss it.

A helpful tip to all: Finish the "asinine" Bonnie missions so you can learn to break horses and gain the lasso. You get double bounty for bringing in bounties alive... only way to do it is with a lasso.

[quote name='evanft']Is there any reason to hold onto the stuff dropped by animals, like pelts and what not?[/QUOTE]

Sell it in areas that the animal is rare/not found for more cash... that's all I figured out so far.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sell it in areas that the animal is rare/not found for more cash... that's all I figured out so far.[/QUOTE]

Is there a guide for that shit anywhere?

[quote name='evanft']Is there any reason to hold onto the stuff dropped by animals, like pelts and what not?[/QUOTE]

Sell everything but beaver pelts.

Despite some poor characterization the game overall was excellent.

[quote name='HydroX']That's the thing about trading/selling codes .. make sure you put "Because this is a game code, ALL SALES ARE FINAL / ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS!" in your terms.[/QUOTE]
I guess. I'd feel like a big jerk if it actually IS an invalid code, though.

(This may be obvious, but just an idea) - Tell him to make sure to put in the hyphens too...I tried my War Horse code a few times today and kept getting "invalid code" until I realized you actually had to input the hyphens yourself, since I'm used to them automatically being implemented when you redeem points cards and months of xbox live.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Damn. Guy's still saying the golden guns code is invalid, so I think I got fucked. By the time I refund him the money and try the code myself I'm going to bet it's going to say it's already been used. Oh well.

On the bright side, having a great time with the game. Favorite moment thus far was riding shotgun on a stagecoach as bandits chased and shot at us. One bandit was throwing molotovs at the coach. Shot at him just as he threw one, it hit the bottle, caught him on fire. He fell off his horse and got stuck in a stirrup so his horse took off running with a screaming, flailing, burning bandit bouncing along behind it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Damn. Guy's still saying the golden guns code is invalid, so I think I got fucked. By the time I refund him the money and try the code myself I'm going to bet it's going to say it's already been used. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Why would you even consider giving a refund before confirming that the code doesn't work?

Last night, I walked into the convent, hogtied a nun then put her on the railroad tracks for the Dastardly achievement. I was quite amused by it.

Damn. So I have to do the cattle rustling in order to (eventually) get the lasso? In that case, anyone have tips on how to get the damn cattle to go the right way? I get them go along a path fine, but when they come to an intersection, and some other places, they wander off and if I speed up to get to the other side of them they often end up scattering. I really wish I could skip this one.

Last night I entered my gamestop bonus code and am working on the Assassin's Suit. Only problem is that I already did a duel in Armadillo, but that was before I had entered the code and now I don't seem to be getting any more duel opportunities. I presume it's just a matter of time before there's another?

EDIT:

[quote name='bs000']Also:

http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/05/red-dead-redemption-bugs-or-hilarious-genetic-experiments/[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny stuff, but there's no way the donkey lady is a bug. That's got to be somebody's idea of a joke.

[quote name='crunchewy']Damn. So I have to do the cattle rustling in order to (eventually) get the lasso? In that case, anyone have tips on how to get the damn cattle to go the right way? I get them go along a path fine, but when they come to an intersection, and some other places, they wander off and if I speed up to get to the other side of them they often end up scattering. I really wish I could skip this one.

Last night I entered my gamestop bonus code and am working on the Assassin's Suit. Only problem is that I already did a duel in Armadillo, but that was before I had entered the code and now I don't seem to be getting any more duel opportunities. I presume it's just a matter of time before there's another?[/QUOTE]

Herding cattle isn't too bad. As you move them, bring your horse back and forth across the herd's width to help keep them headed in the same direction. And when redirecting them, remember to head to the right of the herd to get the herd to move left, it's a little bit counterintuitive, but makes sense from a cattle herding perspective.

You'll get plenty of more duel offers in Armadillo. Just keep busy doing other tasks and come back to town often, they'll pop up.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Four more added to the CAG Posse list. Total is up to 37 now.[/QUOTE]

What is this posse I keep hearing about and how do I get in on it? I haven't touched MP yet (SP is so good I'm having trouble getting away) but would love to join some CAGs in MP if you guys have a regular thing going.

[quote name='Temidien']What is this posse I keep hearing about and how do I get in on it? I haven't touched MP yet (SP is so good I'm having trouble getting away) but would love to join some CAGs in MP if you guys have a regular thing going.[/QUOTE]

Add gamertag "CAG Posse" as a friend. Then, when you're playing multiplayer, look at CAG Posse's friends list to find CAGs to invite to your game. It's essentially just a list of CAGs who are interested in playing RDR online, and doesn't require you to add every one of us to your friends list.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Add gamertag "CAG Posse" as a friend. Then, when you're playing multiplayer, look at CAG Posse's friends list to find CAGs to invite to your game. It's essentially just a list of CAGs who are interested in playing RDR online, and doesn't require you to add every one of us to your friends list.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff, thanks. *Request sent*

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sweet.

What about wild horses? How do you tame them?[/QUOTE]
The Bonnie missions explain how to do all this, you should really just play through those ASAP (if for no other reason than you get the lasso from her and she shows you the mechanics for wrangling and breaking horses).

[quote name='crunchewy']
Pretty funny stuff, but there's no way the donkey lady is a bug. That's got to be somebody's idea of a joke.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was put in the game intentionally after all that Ratman nonsense with GTA4

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh, so I have to do that to get the Lasso...no wonder I was clueless to how to hog tie people. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
No problem, I figured it was probably that ;)

[quote name='Rhett']Here's a guide to getting all of the outfits.

Enjoy :D

And OMFG at the previous link with donkey woman and such. Need RDR![/QUOTE]
That's a great link, thanks man :D

I noticed last night for the first time that when you're on the outfits screen there is an option to "track" (or something like that) the outfit's objectives. This puts a marker on your map for where to go for the next part of the outfit. So I'm not really sure that a guide is needed at all - it's built in. Figured I'd mention that as I hadn't noticed it before.

[quote name='bvharris']Anyone who pre-ordered through Amazon get their $20 credit yet? I just got mine for SMG2, but still not for RDR..[/QUOTE]

Nope. But I got the Gift Card. It still hasn't arrived but it hasn't been ten days after delivery like others have suggested it would. I'm not sure if you got credit or a GC.

[quote name='jughead']Nope. But I got the Gift Card. It still hasn't arrived but it hasn't been ten days after delivery like others have suggested it would. I'm not sure if you got credit or a GC.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I got the GC, so good to know it's taking a while. Thanks!

bread's done
Back