Red Dead Redemption Undead Collection $24.99 shipped at Amazon

[quote name='loomis1975']No, this is standalone. So its like another Rockstar one, GTA Episodes from Liberty City. Plays off the Disc/Needs the Disc in drive to play if you install, just like any other base game.[/QUOTE]

So you couldn't even install and then play new content with the original RDR disc? I have the original disc, so if I bought this I would have to take out my RDR disc and put in the Undead Nightmare Collection disc in order to change from regular single player to UN, and have to swap discs to play anything in multiplayer that is a part of the 2 multiplayer dlc packs? Seems kind of silly to me, but can someone with the disc confirm that? Thanks if anyone can

Last edited by a moderator:
$21.99 for a stand-alone on disc versus $19.99 worth of XBLM points, that tips the scale in favor of the disc version.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']So you couldn't even install and then play new content with the original RDR disc? I have the original disc, so if I bought this I would have to take out my RDR disc and put in the Undead Nightmare Collection disc in order to change from regular single player to UN, and have to swap discs to play anything in multiplayer that is a part of the 2 multiplayer dlc packs? Seems kind of silly to me, but can someone with the disc confirm that? Thanks if anyone can[/QUOTE]It's a standalone game, so it comes with a copy of the RDR engine to work with the DLC included on the disc. Nothing is installed to the HDD in this case.

It's the same for the two-pack of the GTA DLC.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']So you couldn't even install and then play new content with the original RDR disc? I have the original disc, so if I bought this I would have to take out my RDR disc and put in the Undead Nightmare Collection disc in order to change from regular single player to UN, and have to swap discs to play anything in multiplayer that is a part of the 2 multiplayer dlc packs? Seems kind of silly to me, but can someone with the disc confirm that? Thanks if anyone can[/QUOTE]

For some reason, your comment about swapping discs is making me questioning the purchase...hmmm I have the Red Dead retail but wanted to trade it away and just get this. I guess I just think the undead nightmare cover is just..plain...awesome.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']For some reason, your comment about swapping discs is making me questioning the purchase...hmmm I have the Red Dead retail but wanted to trade it away and just get this. I guess I just think the undead nightmare cover is just..plain...awesome.[/QUOTE]It's the same as the GTA DLC 2-pack, since it has its own copy of the game engine on the disc. The DLC uses the game engine on the main title's disc, so it's cheaper because you're not getting another copy of the game engine + media.

[quote name='shrike4242']$21.99 for a stand-alone on disc versus $19.99 worth of XBLM points, that tips the scale in favor of the disc version.

It's a standalone game, so it comes with a copy of the RDR engine to work with the DLC included on the disc. Nothing is installed to the HDD in this case.

It's the same for the two-pack of the GTA DLC.[/QUOTE]

29.99 in xbox points????

3 of them are 800 and 2 are free right?

[quote name='anthonyd46']29.99 in xbox points????

3 of them are 800 and 2 are free right?[/QUOTE]It's $20 worth of XBLM points, 1600 points for the combined pack. Individual parts of it are $10 each / 800 points.

It's $30 on disc because you have a physical copy of the items and a copy of the RDR game engine to drive them, because it's a standalone game. You don't use the disc to copy the DLC to your hard drive. This is the same as the GTA 4 DLC 2-pack, it's a standalone game.

are there any differences between the disc and dlc?

curious since i read something that the tomahawk/explosive rifle are exclusive to the dlc

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Amazon on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's $30 also at a B&M which is why amazon is price matching.. I want to say at Walmart? or maybe Toys R Us, I forget, check the BF thread.

[quote name='GoVols']Is this really worth buying???[/QUOTE]
If you dont own the original RDR game & want to play the DLC, you're better off buying this. I personally have played through the story and will not ever play it again (sold it months ago), so this was perfect for me. Played the Undead Nightmare a little today, old west zombies FTW!

[quote name='jsub']i agree with the posters above...where's the ps3 love? WTF mate[/QUOTE]
sadly this is buy.com's fault. they arent discounting the ps3 that much. only 26.

Thought I would share this in case it helps anyone... I just got a lot more reservations about buying this disc vs buying the dlc bundle for $20 on XBLA or PSN.

This is from the comment section on a news article about the disc being released today at: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...merica_for_xbox_360_and_playstation_3.article

a commenter asked the question: "Rockstar, are the people who buy the disc going to be able to play the original gang matches? (Armadillo, Las Hermanas, Chuparosa, Mcfarlanes ranch, tesora azul, etc."

and the Rockstar representative answered: "No, the competitive multiplayer modes for the original Red Dead Redemption game are not included on the Undead Nightmare disc"

Personally, this just gives me more concern about disc swapping and hassle. If, as people are saying this content can't be installed and then used with the regular RDR disc in the drive, then the way I understand it I would have to exit the game and switch discs anytime my friends who just bought the dlc packs from XBLA are wanting to move from an activity in the dlc to one of the regular multiplayer missions, etc, or vice-versa. I like the idea of owning the UN disc, but it seems like this is really only geared to those who don't and won't also own a regular RDR disc and a big hassle for those who do, doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it for Undead Nightmare mostly. The other stuff is just a bonus to me. I like owning a disc rather than downloading it, even though I have RDR.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Thought I would share this in case it helps anyone... I just got a lot more reservations about buying this disc vs buying the dlc bundle for $20 on XBLA or PSN.

This is from the comment section on a news article about the disc being released today at: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...merica_for_xbox_360_and_playstation_3.article

a commenter asked the question: "Rockstar, are the people who buy the disc going to be able to play the original gang matches? (Armadillo, Las Hermanas, Chuparosa, Mcfarlanes ranch, tesora azul, etc."

and the Rockstar representative answered: "No, the competitive multiplayer modes for the original Red Dead Redemption game are not included on the Undead Nightmare disc"

Personally, this just gives me more concern about disc swapping and hassle. If, as people are saying this content can't be installed and then used with the regular RDR disc in the drive, then the way I understand it I would have to exit the game and switch discs anytime my friends who just bought the dlc packs from XBLA are wanting to move from an activity in the dlc to one of the regular multiplayer missions, etc, or vice-versa. I like the idea of owning the UN disc, but it seems like this is really only geared to those who don't and won't also own a regular RDR disc and a big hassle for those who do, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Excellent information and I probably would've been hesitant buying it if I read this before. I jumped and bought it from Buy.com but now I think I'll cancel and get it from Amazon since I have Prime and didn't realize the links were for 2 different sites not the 2 versions (360/PS3). My fault! I'm still buying it since I know that I can get some money back as opposed to if I bought the DLC on XBL.

i ordered mine for $29.99 the other day, I got amazon to refund the difference in price. I got $8 in in change back
Adam

if anyone here thinks buying DLC vs the disc is better has got to be a serious noob, seriously! Anyways got this earlier today and it rocks...well if u like zombies it does LOL!

[quote name='likestoplayinpuddles']i got a poster for sale and stickers. pm for interested offers. i hav a price already set, near mint.[/QUOTE]

hah, did you go to the NY comic con too? I have a RDR deck of cards.

[quote name='ballbarfer']if anyone here thinks buying DLC vs the disc is better has got to be a serious noob, seriously! Anyways got this earlier today and it rocks...well if u like zombies it does LOL![/QUOTE]

Both incarnations of the game have their advantages/short comings. DLC is safe from damage or loss of your game disc and is tax free (generally). Actual game disc has some resale value, tradable, and portable.

[quote name='Jodou']I might have been mad if my ECA order hadn't already been a lower price than this.[/QUOTE]

whoa how did you get eca discount? even if you were one of the bot hoarders that ruined it for many CAGs this "game" wasn't even listed let along mentioned way back.

So I have the Game but not the DLC this is a better buy then purchasing all the DLC separate correct? The $21 price not the $30...I dont have access to Xbox.com right now to price it out.

eh.. I wanted this at 21.99.. but not a penny more.. not enough content to justify it. if Amazon decides to lower the price again I will bite.

So, wait, what is this? Is this just like a little spin-off of Red Dead Redemption, or is it like a full sized story?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']So, wait, what is this? Is this just like a little spin-off of Red Dead Redemption, or is it like a full sized story?[/QUOTE]
There is a ~8 hour single player story. then all the other DLC they have released for the game

[quote name='Jodou']I might have been mad if my ECA order hadn't already been a lower price than this.[/QUOTE]So how do I get a lower price as an ECA member? Not seeing any kind of deals on Red Dead Redemption Undead unless I'm looking in the wrong place or already missed it...

[quote name='Wheels03']So how do I get a lower price as an ECA member? Not seeing any kind of deals on Red Dead Redemption Undead unless I'm looking in the wrong place or already missed it...[/QUOTE]

Not sure how he's doing it, but he probably stocked up on 10% off ECA codes for Amazon before EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL and has somehow had enough until now.

I think it kinda sucks for Amazon to say "Pre-order it for $29.99 and get $5 that you have to spend with us later, or just wait until the game comes out and get the $5 off the game directly."

[quote name='boredasfook']Finally on the second email they decided to refund me the $8.00, so i got the game for $21.99 and a $5 credit. I heart you Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yes me too. :D Even better I called yesterday to see if they would lower my price but they said they couldn’t, but they did give me a $5 credit for my troubles. So having payed $29.99 + the $5 preorder credit + the additional $5 credit + the $8.00 refund I got today, it makes this and awesome deal. Amazon is the best.

bread's done
Back