Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare $29.99, FSSS, & $5 Credit

Muthafodder

Banned
If anyone else was waiting to play the Undead Nightmare until the disc version comes out November 23rd, Amazon is offering a $5 credit towards a future purchase.

The Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection will combine the Legends and Killers Pack, Liars and Cheats Pack, and the Undead Nightmare Pack, putting additional single player and multiplayer content in one box at a value price for the Best Selling Game of the Year.

The disc version contains all of the following:

Undead Nightmare Pack

• Brand new single-player adventure featuring John Marston searching for a cure to the Zombie plague
  • Completely new gameplay mechanics, weapons, and world design
  • New Zombie Character designs in four different Zombie classes
  • Graveyard action areas as well as Undead and Mythical animals to hunt
  • New Multiplayer Modes and Characters
  • New Collectible Outfits and Challenges
  • Adds 8+ hours of additional gameplay

Legends and Killers Pack

• 9 New Multiplayer Map locations more than doubling the amount of territories in the Multiplayer Competitive modes
  • 8 New Multiplayer Characters based on characters from Red Dead Revolver
  • New projectile weapon: The Tomahawk, with corresponding Challenges for single-player and multiplayer
  • Adds 5+ hours of additional gameplay
Liars and Cheats Pack

• Stronghold: A New Attack and Defend Competitive Multiplayer Mode
  • Multiplayer Horse Races with Mounted Combat
  • New Multiplayer Characters: The Heroes and Villians of Red Dead Redemption
  • Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker
  • A devastatingly destructive new weapon: The Explosive Rifle, with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges
  • New Gang Hideouts and Animal Hunting Grounds, adding to the world of Free Roam
  • Adds 5+ hours of additional gameplay

I was one that played part way through gta4 but ended up getting episodes standalone and enjoyed it. I haven't played rdr yet would it be dumb to get this instead of the original? I heard the mp in this game is pretty fun with free roam and missions and then with some single player missions in the dlc.. I'm assuming there's more gameplay hours in the vanilla too.

Does the 1600pt pack include all this?

[quote name='aznguyen316']I was one that played part way through gta4 but ended up getting episodes standalone and enjoyed it. I haven't played rdr yet would it be dumb to get this instead of the original? I heard the mp in this game is pretty fun with free roam and missions and then with some single player missions in the dlc.. I'm assuming there's more gameplay hours in the vanilla too.[/QUOTE]
IMHO, the signle player campaign is so much better than the mp is.

Hmm, the price seems good, but perhaps a patient wait for the GOTY edition would be better.

Though i would hate for it to come with the DLC use codes instead of on-disk like the more recent controversy behind Borderlands and Uncharted 2. I was sorely regretting those two after opening the game-disk.

Though i understand the publishers decision in making it use-codes instead on-disk to taper off second-hand sales, and increase incentives in buying new.

I am pretty sure the 1600 point DLC requires the RDR disc to play, however the disc version of the DLC is standalone - so it appears the extra $10 is for the privilege of not having to buy the full game of RDR also. Since the cost for all 3 DLC's is $10 each, the Undead Nightmare Collection on Xbox Live Arcade is really just a nice $10 discount for RDR owners.

All of the DLC packs have been $9.99 each.

Although, I think they're on sale on the PSN currently.

I just want it on disc.

I don't get how the first 2 packs state they add 5+ hours of gameplay? is this talking about multiplayer experience? b/c they don't list anything about single player..I could really skip over those two packs and just get Undead if they are strictly MP stuff..

Don't the DLC packs add new weapons and challenges to the original single player campaign (like the tomahawk and explosive rifle)? How will that work for people who buy the DLC on a stand-alone disk?

[quote name='kak23']How much would this stuff cost individually to DL on Xbox Live?[/QUOTE]
$10 each or their current promo is $20 for all 3.

[quote name='tarbsdad']Can this be a shared disc though?[/QUOTE]
No, you need the disc to use the content and play the game

[quote name='Kraus989']The Undead Bundle has all this on XBL for $10 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you have to have a copy of RDR for that to work. This is a standalone pack. It's nice for me as I Gamefly'd RDR and sent it back about 2-3 months ago, so I'm glad I'll be able to play the Undead Nightmare DLC.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yes, but you have to have a copy of RDR for that to work. This is a standalone pack. It's nice for me as I Gamefly'd RDR and sent it back about 2-3 months ago, so I'm glad I'll be able to play the Undead Nightmare DLC.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. I borrowed the game from a friend and beat the story, never plan on playing it again, so this is a good way for me to continue playing multiplayer and shoot some zombies.

If I download this under my profile, can my wife play this too under her profile on the same 360?

[quote name='kak23']If I download this under my profile, can my wife play this too under her profile on the same 360?[/QUOTE]

yes

hmm having never beaten the main storyline makes me tempted to just nab the original and then the DLC's on XBL. But the MP looks fun enough and just a taste of campaign could do it for me. I'll keep my eye on this.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Waiting for a complete GoTY edition[/QUOTE]

is there gonna be a for sure goty edition? uncharted 2 goty was just a voucher for dl, so even if there is a goty it might just be a dlc?

[quote name='dn3g3l']is there gonna be a for sure goty edition? uncharted 2 goty was just a voucher for dl, so even if there is a goty it might just be a dlc?[/QUOTE]

I'd wait a few months for a GoTY. They did this sort of thing with GTA IV and now you can get the complete set of DLC and the single player for thirty dollars just 3 months after the dlc came out.

I really disliked RDR's terrible story and how inconvenient the game makes itself to preserve its atmosphere. That's why I had more fun with free roam, hop in kill some gang members. Have fun. I would like to play UN, but the campaign left a bad taste in my mouth. The story is worse than 3:10 to Yuma.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I really disliked RDR's terrible story and how inconvenient the game makes itself to preserve its atmosphere. That's why I had more fun with free roam, hop in kill some gang members. Have fun. I would like to play UN, but the campaign left a bad taste in my mouth. The story is worse than 3:10 to Yuma.[/QUOTE]
Don't get the DLC folks this random guy here didn't like the game.

think ill rent the disc-when it comes out ---love anything with zombies in it--but for some reason im one of those people who just couldn't get into the game-at first i enjoyed the game but very soon found it a bit repetitive and somewhat boring.

loved red dead revolver thought-guess i was expecting more of that-and less horse

[quote name='GUNNM']Don't get the DLC folks this random guy here didn't like the game.[/QUOTE]

He never said that people shouldn't buy the game just because he didn't care for it, he was clearly only speaking for himself.

[quote name='popaloo']Hmm, the price seems good, but perhaps a patient wait for the GOTY edition would be better.

Though i would hate for it to come with the DLC use codes instead of on-disk like the more recent controversy behind Borderlands and Uncharted 2. I was sorely regretting those two after opening the game-disk.

Though i understand the publishers decision in making it use-codes instead on-disk to taper off second-hand sales, and increase incentives in buying new.[/QUOTE]

It's funny. I just purchased used copies of Borderlands and the Zombie Island disc. I was waiting to get the new edition with the dlc when it released, but when I found out it wasn't on an install disc like Fallout 3 or Mass Effect I decided to buy both disc editions used for the about the same price as the vanilla Borderlands new.

[quote name='FracturedMirror']It's funny. I just purchased used copies of Borderlands and the Zombie Island disc. I was waiting to get the new edition with the dlc when it released, but when I found out it wasn't on an install disc like Fallout 3 or Mass Effect I decided to buy both disc editions used for the about the same price as the vanilla Borderlands new.[/QUOTE]

Did you just download the other 2 expansions then?

[quote name='kataztrophik']Did you just download the other 2 expansions then?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't have broadband. The only expansion packs I can use are the ones on install discs. That's why if a game I want comes out with a Gold Edition/GOTY Edition with download tokens or cards, I buy the cheaper old version either new or used. I wanted to get the Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 for the extras when it came out, but passed on it because it was downloadable only.

[quote name='FracturedMirror']No, I don't have broadband. The only expansion packs I can use are the ones on install discs. That's why if a game I want comes out with a Gold Edition/GOTY Edition with download tokens or cards, I buy the cheaper old version either new or used. I wanted to get the Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 for the extras when it came out, but passed on it because it was downloadable only.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I wish there was a way to download it for you and send it to you LOL. You know that once you download the Borderlands DLC to your hard drive, you don't need the disc anymore right? You can either sell it or trade it in.

[quote name='kataztrophik']That sucks. I wish there was a way to download it for you and send it to you LOL. You know that once you download the Borderlands DLC to your hard drive, you don't need the disc anymore right? You can either sell it or trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sympathy, man. The internet may be the information superhighway, but I'm stuck with a 56k speed limit. :lol:

Yeah, I know you don't need the disc after it's installed. I've used the add on discs for Oblivion and Fallout 3. It's frustrating that so many developers ignore the gamers that can only play offline. Bethesda and Rockstar though, you pretty much know that they'll put their expansions out on physical media. Looking forward to this Undead Nightmare disc.

bread's done
Back