Red Faction: Guerilla MP Beta - Now Available to all IGN members

Just signed up 2-3 minutes ago. IDK not know how long it's been up. I checked a couple of hours ago and it wasn't. Keys are limited so get to signing up if you have IGN Insider!

I tried it earlier today. It's ok, but not something I'd get for $60. Probably a $30 or $40 multiplayer game.

There's an objective game with 3 points that you cap by destroying it with hammers. It's pretty weird. Wish they wouldof had offered an explanation to what the hell was going on.

This game completely blows away Bad company IMO. Having a blast with this. :applause:

Rhino backpack is like the GTFO attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Very poorly advertised beta, I have no idea how to get in. If it is only available to IGN insiders, that is stupid, since you want a lot of beta tester not only for exposure (which this game drastically needs) but also to work out kinks. Seeing as this is the first time Red Faction is being done in 3rd person, there will be kinks.

[quote name='Metalic']This game completely blows away Bad company IMO. Having a blast with this. :applause:

Rhino backpack is like the GTFO attack[/quote]

I was playing earlier and a guy was fighting me and ran into a building to hide to reload. I ran up with a rhino pack and just demolished through the fucking wall and laughed hysterically when I killed him. This is what bad company SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Pretty decent game, nice destruction for sure.. but the framerate could definitely use some work, was a bit choppy with a decent amount of action on screen.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Pretty decent game, nice destruction for sure.. but the framerate could definitely use some work, was a bit choppy with a decent amount of action on screen.[/QUOTE]

It's a decent game. I like the destruction, power-ups, the ability to switch weapons on the fly, and the sledgehammer is fun, but I really do not see doing well against other upcoming 3rd person shooters like Mercenaries 2, Saints Row 2, Fracture, & GOW2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any way to get into the beta for non subscribers?[/quote]

Yes. They are randomly giving them out to "active" members on their red faction forums. I doubt any of us did that! ;)

Denied!

Even tho i'm a Gold member of Xbox Live and play games more than 10 hours a week I still did not qualify. Since I'm not a subscriber to Ign I think that form was for sending me spam mail purposes.

[quote name='popemogoth']Denied!

Even tho i'm a Gold member of Xbox Live and play games more than 10 hours a week I still did not qualify. Since I'm not a subscriber to Ign I think that form was for sending me spam mail purposes.[/QUOTE]

Well it is only IGN Insider subscribers right now....

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well it is only IGN Insider subscribers right now....[/quote]

They should really open it to everyone. This game really needs the attention, and from the gameplay videos I have seen, it actually looks to be decent.

I watched videos of the multiplayer at Joystiq, and it looks okay. I cannot say I'm interested in the title, though; at least, not now.

[quote name='help1']They should really open it to everyone. This game really needs the attention, and from the gameplay videos I have seen, it actually looks to be decent.[/QUOTE]

It actually is decent. The gameplay mechanic of the different backpacks is interesting and adds a layer of strategy to the game. Except one of the backpacks is completely broken (Fleet Foot) and useless. The lag is also pretty uneven. Several times I've killed someone, or someone has killed me even though my character, or their character model was already dead on screen. Also, there are issues with the spawn system. I'm not sure exactly how it works, whether you spawn with your squad or if you spawn in a specified area depending on what team you're on. Too many times have I spawned in and had bullets in my face immediately. The game also slows down when the action gets too hectic.

The destructability of the game is pretty fun and also adds some uniqueness. Is an enemy using a structure as a piece of cover? Just fucking use your hammer, or use the Rhino backpack to barge in and ruin his day. The guns are also pretty fun despite being standard fare. There's your machine gun, pistol, shotgun and rocket launcher. The game though also has remote mines and I *think* proximity mines. There's also a pretty cool gun that fires giant glaives.

The one thing about destructability Volition should be cautious about is how it interferes with spawning. I've actually spawned into a piece of this water tower thing, forcing me to use my hammer and knock my way out. Also, their version of deathmatch is pretty average. I've had much more fun with their version of control points. There are three control points on the map and you get points according to how long you have been holding the point. To take control of the points, you use this Ghostbuster gun looking thing to build the structure and capture it. The enemy however, can come and knock down the structure using the hammers (the only way you can knock it down) and take it over.

Not completely sold, but pretty fun for a beta, and infinitely better than that piss-poor beta known as Bad Company, and that's coming from a long-standing fan of the BF series.

I thought this was just going to be a boring beta that I wouldn't give a second look at, but after playing a few matches I'm hooked. I'll definitely be looking to pick the game up when it comes out.

I'm glad it won't be coming out until next year though because it will give them more time to make the game even better, plus there are already too many games coming out this year.

Thanks for bump guys, I had no idea this was going on until I read this thread. Will try to get into it. Last time I got into Bad Company Beta via fileplanet. How do I go about using comcast?

Edit: nevermind, its as easy as Battlefield was.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Thanks for bump guys, I had no idea this was going on until I read this thread. Will try to get into it. Last time I got into Bad Company Beta via fileplanet. How do I go about using comcast?[/quote]
Just use the fileplanet link I posted a few posts up, as it's open to any IGN user now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any way to get into the beta for non subscribers?[/quote] I don't think I'm an IGN insider and I got a code... I just had an account made on the site and filled out the little questionnaire...
**Edit
Sorry I didn't read the other posts that said this already...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't you mean Frisky?[/QUOTE]

No. Zewone hit me up on AIM about it before Frisky Posted. I thank Frisky as well for posting it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Does anybody know when the beta ends? I can't seem to find that simple bit of info anywhere.[/QUOTE]

1 month from the start date, August 1st

Goddamn they need to patch the servers for this beta. Other than being able to make it into about 1/10 matches with my friends, the game is pretty cool.

[quote name='zewone']Online party system has been perfect for me.

X and Pimp's connection sucks _____.[/QUOTE]

How dare you talk about my connection like that :nottalking:

bread's done
Back