Red lights and Best Buy warranty

mattbuc16

CAGiversary!
Not sure where to post this so ... my apologies if it's in the wrong spot.

So my friend in Houston got the three red lights last night, after a year of owning.

He has the Best Buy warranty so he tried going to the Galleria stpre but they had no pro/premiums in stock. Now, I'm also hearing they would've denied him the exchange anyway because of the "manufacturer defect".

I told him to raise heck with a store manager. When they push those warranties on people, they say "If it breaks for ANY reason, you can exchange it, no questions asked."

Two questions:

1) Anybody know of a Best Buy in Houston that has them in stock? The 20 gig pro/premium model.

2) Anybody else have this experience?

Thanks,
Matt

Should be posted in xbox forum.

My friend had RRoD and the BB product replacement plan. He got it exchanged for a new premium no questions asked.

I can't answer your first question. But I was able to exchange my red ringed 360 with my Best Buy warranty. No questions asked. I was also able to upgrade from a premium to the Elite. Paying the difference of course. And I re purchased the warranty, just in case.

Hi, I actually work at customer service at a Bestbuy in PA.

I can tell you that the PRP does cover manufacturer defects, and if he got the PRP he should have no problem replacing out the unit at any best buy, provided that there is no physical damage on the unit, and all the parts are present. If, for whatever reason the rep would not allow the exchange, then your friend should call the number on the back of his pamphlet in order to receive credit for the 360 that way.

Also, I don't know about Houston, but it seems all the best buys in my area are completely out of the 360 pros. No one seems to know when they're gonna come back in either.

[quote name='subspace1011']Hi, I actually work at customer service at a Bestbuy in PA.

I can tell you that the PRP does cover manufacturer defects, and if he got the PRP he should have no problem replacing out the unit at any best buy, provided that there is no physical damage on the unit, and all the parts are present. If, for whatever reason the rep would not allow the exchange, then your friend should call the number on the back of his pamphlet in order to receive credit for the 360 that way.

Also, I don't know about Houston, but it seems all the best buys in my area are completely out of the 360 pros. No one seems to know when they're gonna come back in either.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what the Galleria Best Buy said, too. "No clue as to when we'll get more. " I wonder if it's intentional on their part ... so they don't have to make any exchanges.

[quote name='mattbuc16']Yeah, that's what the Galleria Best Buy said, too. "No clue as to when we'll get more. " I wonder if it's intentional on their part ... so they don't have to make any exchanges.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me when I had to switch my elite out for a new one at GS because of RRoD. They had no more left at 7 of them in my area, so I had to drive an hour to use the replacement plan I bought. They all said the same thing though, that they had no idea when they'd be getting more.

The only positive thing to the switch was that I got MUA/Forza 2 in the new one for free.

When my Elite died about a month ago, no BB had them in stock so they gave me a gift card equal to what I paid including tax. I was able to get one from BB.com and since the price had fallen, the gift card paid for shipping and still had about $20 or so left on it.

Same things happening to me, my 360 red ringed and there were no more Pros used or new at Gamecrazy within a 50 mile radius. I just contacted the DM and he send he would have one at my local store in 72hrs or less.

bread's done
Back