Red ring of death.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bil4ltool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I apologize for making a whole new topic for this, but I had to vent.

I just got home tonight excited to play some Halo and I turn my box on and the Red ring pops up! This is the second time since November. I've never had this problem with my other consoles....sure my PS2 pooped out after about 3 years, but that's a little longer then 6 months.

I'm seriously pissed off, and I'm starting to doubt that this is one of those "every launch has these type of things, but they're a small percentage" things that I keep hearing about. This is total bullshit that it does this. It's not like it happens in a small time frame and you know if your 360 is going to be in it for the long haul once it's lasted a month or two

I hate sitting here knowing that my next one will probably start doing this shit again in a few months.....this is ridiculous

Yay! Now I get to wait another week without my Xbox...fucking ridiculous, I seriously want my money back, but I know I can't....worst investment ever.

[quote name='AshesofWake']welcome to the club[/quote]

Thanks :) I love a great quality product! You can tell that Microsoft didn't rush production on these bad boys at all.

I've always had great success with my consoles living long and healthy lives, but with the 360 I can't help but feel that it's only a matter of time =(

[quote name='Diiz']I've always had great success with my consoles living long and healthy lives, but with the 360 I can't help but feel that it's only a matter of time =([/quote]

I honestly felt like this system was going to last me a while....the launch system lasted me about a month and then I got this one, it was working perfect, and then I come home, turn it on, and it won't do anything but blink red. To say I'm unsatisified would be an understatement. I hope MS will give me some sort of compensation (A controller, game...something) but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I honestly felt like this system was going to last me a while....the launch system lasted me about a month and then I got this one, it was working perfect, and then I come home, turn it on, and it won't do anything but blink red. To say I'm unsatisified would be an understatement. I hope MS will give me some sort of compensation (A controller, game...something) but I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]

You're going to get nothing but a weak apology and a box to ship your system back to them in.

Stop acting like you're the only one in the whole world who has had problems with their 360. Man up about it and stop being such a whiner.

I've recently just got my first hardware failure this morning. According to Microsoft....

SYMPTOMS
You see three lights on the Ring of Light (RoL) flash red on the front of the Xbox 360 console. The upper-right quadrant light is the only light that does not flash red.

CAUSE
This behavior occurs when the Xbox 360 console experiences a hardware failure.

THINGS TO TRY
1. Try restarting the console.
2. If restarting the console does not resolve the behavior, follow these steps:
a. Turn the console off.
b. Unplug all the power and AV cables from the console.
c. Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
d. Firmly reconnect all the cables.
e. Turn on the console.

Restarting resolved the problem.

Now I have a year warrenty @ GameCrazy good till this December, but damn... can't help but feel a little nervous that my box will finally kick it once the warrenty expires.

That sucks. And I agree on not buying the "every launch has this" thing - even though THAT is not a valid excuse EITHER. This is a much bigger problem than Microsoft is claiming. Look at any almost any message board that discusses this system - you're going to see a lot of people with broken and/or replaced systems.

I would probably not buy this system again if I could go back. I likely WOULD buy it around Christmas when I'd hope some of these problems would be long gone since a lot of the games coming up look excellent. Regardless, on a hardware level, I'd still say this was the worst console launch ever from a major company.

[quote name='mmn']You're going to get nothing but a weak apology and a box to ship your system back to them in.

Stop acting like you're the only one in the whole world who has had problems with their 360. Man up about it and stop being such a whiner.[/quote]
You see....that's the thing, I'm not mad and upset just because it's me. It's quite clear that this isn't even close to an isolated incident. The fact that there isn't any of sort of time frame for these type of things isn't very reassuring. Most products die within the first few weeks of use, but not the 360, which can die anytime (and it seems like a matter of when, not if)

It's just downright irritating that this has happened TWICE in less then six months. I figured after two or three months the console would be fine, but when the console is running perfectly smooth all day and then you come home, power it on, and it simply won't work....well I don't think anyone would be pleased. Of course I'm going to be pissed off, I waited some 15 hours in line, dropped 435 bucks and this has happened again.

Once I can deal with....and attribute to the "small percentage" of launch consoles which had this problem and "occur with every launch", but this doesn't seem like such a small problem to me. I suppose some of your consoles will continue to work....but when a lot of you experience the same thing it's quite a frustrating experience.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I apologize for making a whole new topic for this, but I had to vent. [/quote]
Apology accepted.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back