Red Star $13.35 @ CDUniverse (take an extra $10 off w/GCO)

It says usually ships in 1 day but did this come out yet? I ordered from deepdiscount and they say available the 29th. EBGames and Gamestop.com say the 23rd it ships.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']damn,

I used GCO beofre. how can you get around it? Make a new account with the same credit card? I only have one.[/quote]

I just sign up a new email, enter all your regular info including credit card info. I have done this like three times. Seems to work for me.

Over the course of several generations, the once mighty empire known as The United Republics of The Red Star (U.R.R.S.)...

This has to be a play on teh USSR lol.... or possible a coincidence?

IDK, but for 6 bucks, I bit

[quote name='linkpwns']This has to be a play on teh USSR lol.... or possible a coincidence?

IDK, but for 6 bucks, I bit[/quote]

it's based off of a graphic novel that takes place in an alternate future russia.

anyways, sounds like a good buy for $6.

I opened a google checkout account a while back but never used it. So I just opened another account with a different email account to get the $10 bonus.

I just tried to grab Red Star but at checkout the $10 bonus didn't show up when I clicked Google Checkout. I read in the help section that the $10 bonus may not show up at checkout but will show up when I look at my actual Google Checkout account.
Is this true and ifo so should I complete the transaction? I just wanted to make sure I did this correctly.

thanks

[quote name='ManChowder']I opened a google checkout account a while back but never used it. So I just opened another account with a different email account to get the $10 bonus.

I just tried to grab Red Star but at checkout the $10 bonus didn't show up when I clicked Google Checkout. I read in the help section that the $10 bonus may not show up at checkout but will show up when I look at my actual Google Checkout account.
Is this true and ifo so should I complete the transaction? I just wanted to make sure I did this correctly.

thanks[/quote]

I wouldn't do it. They probably took your credit card info and banned you from getting the bonus again

[quote name='doc005']I wouldn't do it. They probably took your credit card info and banned you from getting the bonus again[/QUOTE]

that would totally suck considering I never even used my original bonus when I first signed up. Plus the fact that other people seem to be able to sign up repeatedly with no problems.

[quote name='ManChowder']that would totally suck considering I never even used my original bonus when I first signed up. Plus the fact that other people seem to be able to sign up repeatedly with no problems.[/quote]
Do you still access to the first account?

If you do, it will probably work.

In order for make multiple accounts work, you have sign up on multiple accounts very quickly before they ban your cc info for using it towards the bonus.

Most people do this with multiple credit cards and virtual credit cards, so that would work too.

[quote name='doc005']Do you still access to the first account?

If you do, it will probably work.

In order for make multiple accounts work, you have sign up on multiple accounts very quickly before they ban your cc info for using it towards the bonus.

Most people do this with multiple credit cards and virtual credit cards, so that would work too.[/QUOTE]

I honestly haven't tried the old account, I'd need to reset my password as I do not remember it.
Virtual credit cards have always sounded kind of cool, are there any recommended sites?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gamestop has had 4/18 before the 18th, then 4/20 on the 18th, then 4/23 on the 20th.[/quote]

Should be out by then. My amazon order finally shipped yesterday:

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Red Star $14.82 1 $14.82

Shipped via UPS (estimated arrival date: 24-April-2007).

from what I hear, this game is REALLY fun (especially the co-op), well worth the 19.99 (average) asking, so yeah, @ $6+ for this is an incredibly awesome deal, IMO.

anyway, as for getting around GCO, I usually use Visa Gift Cards (which actually, kind of sucks, given they're $4.95 a pop).

my copy shipped yesterday, and when I order from CD Universe stuff usually arrives within five days, so I'm actually expecting the game by Tuesday.

I just got my copy of red star from cduniverse.com yesterday, I paid like $6 shipped after GCO many many many months ago...

Anyway, it's now $22 at cduniverse (used to be $13), so it'll be like $15 shipped after GCO, but it's still worth it man!

I played it for a little last night, you can shoot, melee (has quick slash and a charged move that kicks ass), shield, and special attack (havent tried it much yet)... you can also hold a sholder button to lockon to a target and walk around while still shoot at the target, reminds me of contra...

This game just kicks so much ass for such an awesome price, no CAG that knows what contra is should live another moment without this game in their collection!

Got get this game anyway you can NOW!!!

:bouncy:

Glad I ordered this yesterday from CDUniverse. I noticed Amazon upped their price from $14.82 to $19.99 and saw CDU still had the old price. Seems like these places are catching on it's really a $20 game, and it's suddenly in demand, and are capitalizing on that...

[quote name='Asgardian']I just got my copy of red star from cduniverse.com yesterday, I paid like $6 shipped after GCO many many many months ago...

Anyway, it's now $22 at cduniverse (used to be $13), so it'll be like $15 shipped after GCO, but it's still worth it man!

I played it for a little last night, you can shoot, melee (has quick slash and a charged move that kicks ass), shield, and special attack (havent tried it much yet)... you can also hold a sholder button to lockon to a target and walk around while still shoot at the target, reminds me of contra...

This game just kicks so much ass for such an awesome price, no CAG that knows what contra is should live another moment without this game in their collection!

Got get this game anyway you can NOW!!!

:bouncy:[/quote]

wow, sales must've gone noticably crazy. :lol:

Arrg!

Went to order this last weekend, but the site was acting up, so I thought, "eh, I'll do it monday."

GRIPE!

Did anyone order Red Star on DeepDiscount.com? When I ordered it said In stock. Now almost a week later it says back ordered. I might just cancel it.

^same thing happened to me with the Devil Summoner and Grandia III guides I ordered a week ago, Grandia III's guide only shipped today.

Quick Question; I recall reading about a XBOX version at one point, just wondering if that was canceled or is there one coming out as well? Not buying many PS2 games currently...

Though, with God of War II out now, that might change soon! ;)

[quote name='sabbey']Quick Question; I recall reading about a XBOX version at one point, just wondering if that was canceled or is there one coming out as well? Not buying many PS2 games currently...

Though, with God of War II out now, that might change soon! ;)[/QUOTE]
I remember hearing the Xbox version was canceled.

XBOX version was cancelled however the PS2 version has

480p mode!
Dolby PLII
2 player co op

I was disappointed w/ the lack of role playing elements ala Baldurs Gate DA.

It basically has purchase upgrades, you complete a level and at the end you can buy upgrades.

The problem is, no save points. So yeah fans of old school bullet pattern bosses will dig it. Its a solid budget game, easily better than 90% of budget games released.

I just wish it wasnt budget and had deeper elements

[quote name='neocisco']Yep, Acclaim was going to publish the game until they went out of business. If I remember correctly the rights to the game were auctioned off to cover bankruptcy debts.[/QUOTE]

Based on the level of attention it seems to be getting, whoever got it probably got a steal. :) Can't wait to try it!

I was also looking to get it on XBOX..It got canned..:cry:So did Knights of the Temple II, I had that preordered and it got cancelled so I knabbed a PAL Copy along with Ps2 Shinobido. Best. Ninja. Game. Ever.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I was also looking to get it on XBOX..It got canned..:cry:So did Knights of the Temple II, I had that preordered and it got cancelled so I knabbed a PAL Copy along with Ps2 Shinobido. Best. Ninja. Game. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Is it hard getting your Xbox to play imports? I know there's no boot disk. I really want to play the Metal Wolf game.

Got mine today - spent about 30 minutes on it so far and came away pretty impressed. A heck of a deal for $6 and change shipped. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back