Red Star & Raiden 3 for PS2 $12.99 Each

With so many PS2 systems owners and so few Xbox owners (in comparison to PS2) publishers have always preferred the PS2. Plus the PS3 will be 100% backwards compatable, the 360 seems to only support about 100 older xbox games.

Simple math, the Xbox is dead. Too bad since I found the Xbox version the "The Red Star" to be far better than the PS2 version, or at least the E3 demo seemed that way.

the leaked xbox version seems pretty complete to me. but yea the state of xbox is very sad. I mean the ps2 is selling for $129 while the xbox is back at $179

I can't wait for Red Star. I played the Xbox version of the demo and it was pretty fun. Is there really that huge a difference between both versions? I would hope not.

I'm in for Raiden 3, even though I'm not a big fan of shoot'em up. I liked the first two and at this price it's hard to resist ;) .

this is weird....

They had a listing on the Gamestop/EB site for The Red Star a week or two ago. It had no picture and was listed as 8/?/06 for the release(I don't remember the exact date) but it's gone now.
Also the manager at my local EB printed up all the coming releases that you can pre-order(he does this to try and boost his pre-orders) and neither Red Star or Raiden 3 are listed as upcoming titles.

Buy.com lists Redstar as comming out 8/12/06 or in that week atleast. I;ll probably just buy it in a store somewhere.

[quote name='jboy']Bump. Has anyone heard anything about these games. Ebgames/Gamestop still don't have them listed yet.[/QUOTE]

Why did you bump this month old thread about games that aren't coming out?

[quote name='suko_32']Are both of these of CD's and not DVD's?[/QUOTE]
Raiden III is on a CD, and I'm fairly positive that The Red Star is on a DVD.

Is there any other confirmation that these are coming out? I mean... GameSpot or EB or anywhere rather reputable? I'm hesitant to trust Buy.com completely...

[quote name='MegaMan3k']Is there any other confirmation that these are coming out? I mean... GameSpot or EB or anywhere rather reputable? I'm hesitant to trust Buy.com completely...[/QUOTE]

The publisher originally announced "early August" as the date:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/redstar/news.html?sid=6151642

For some reason, I remember seeing a hard date of 8/25, but gamespot has it listed as releasing on 9/8. That's the best I can find for a release date, since the major retailers aren't even listing the game.

The only places online I have seen the games are cdUniverse and buy.com. Personally when I saw that buy.com was like $4.40 per item shipping I went straight to CDUniverse. I don't really mind waiting for both of them to come at once since almost anything is a huge shipping price for some games that are this cheap.

BTW this will probably work out the same way that Castle Shikigami 2 worked where Gamestop/EB won't even stock the new games. I actually ended up getting the game at Kohls... Since then Gamestop has CS2 in at $10 Used... Hardly a deal seeing as that was the new price I got it at.

When Castle Shikigami 2 came out, my EB had it but Gamestop didn't. The Gamestop employees were like, woah! Where did you get that!?

I found a page on Sony's site for Red Star and Raiden III. It looks like Red Star should be released in August some time and Raiden III will be released in September. It does seem odd that the publisher site doesn't mention anything about Raiden III though.

Raiden III

Red Star

[quote name='TimPV3']Thanks for bumping this thread, I would have forgotten about these if this didn't pop up again.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

wost case scenario you pre order, and nothing happens except a refund. Ill risk the $30 and pre order just in case its real

Has anyone heard anything else about The Red Star. It doesn't look like Raiden will be coming out at all. I expect Red Star to be even more of a nightmare to find than Xyanide was.

The playstation website seems to be saying Redstar's release date is now pushed back to september rather than august. No exact date though.

Someone on another board (neoGAF) who works for the publisher said that they were "working hard to get both games out by the end of the year." This was about a month or two ago, take that as you will.

[quote name='opportunity777']Just give us typical bad Engrish translations and get it over with.[/QUOTE]

That'd just be more work for red star seeing as it's already in english.

Well I think part of the issue is likely getting the games through approvals at Sony... That is probably a nightmare right now what with PS3 games probably looking for early approvals (assuming Sony allows that) so that they can make sure to get them through the limited Blu-Ray lines before the release of the system. Then you have one of the largest years for PS2 exclusives ever while the Cube and X-box are largely devoid of anything. I'm sure that is a huge problem for a budget publisher because they don't have the clout of the larger publishers to move their games to the front of the line. Beyond that they are also probably looking for some better prices on pressing the discs so they can make a decent profit on the releases...

Oh and BTW IGN has Red Star listed in early October now... No listing for Raiden 3... I think it might be time to contact cduniverse and get them to slow the shipping on my order so I don't pay $6 to ship a $13 game...

Gimme a break, I've been playing the Jpn version of Raiden III since it came out. There's nothing to translate or tighten up other than the options menu. I just hope they don't try and "improve" it by changing hitboxes or anything crazy like that. Alot of the shmup crowd that I talk with wasn't too keen on it, saying that the ships move too slowly but I disagree. It's just more strategic than say, Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou or Mars Matrix. Here's hoping for an eventual US release of both.

[quote name='Halo05']Gimme a break, I've been playing the Jpn version of Raiden III since it came out. There's nothing to translate or tighten up other than the options menu. I just hope they don't try and "improve" it by changing hitboxes or anything crazy like that. Alot of the shmup crowd that I talk with wasn't too keen on it, saying that the ships move too slowly but I disagree. It's just more strategic than say, Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou or Mars Matrix. Here's hoping for an eventual US release of both.[/quote]

I concur, there isn't much to Raiden 3. Nothing that'd warrant a year delay in release.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I really hope that they still release raiden III. :([/quote]

Anyone have any sort of news on a Raiden III U.S. release date? I've tried emailing XS Games but they never responded:headache:

Value City has Red Star shown in their flyer this week for something like $14.99. I saw it an assumed it was just a print error. I may stop in on my wayh to work just to see if they actually have it.

bread's done
Back