Red XBOX 360 Elite w/ Resident Evil 5, SSFIIHDR, & Exclusive theme - $399

RBH

CAGiversary!
Update:

re502.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/24/red-resident-evil-5-xbox-360-unveiled/

Price is $399.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you really have to go?" my wife asked. It was late, and the night was still. I put on my press hat, grabbed my notebook and, after a moment's hesitation, my revolver.

"Yes. He always gives me good information, and the Mole-signal is lit." I looked out the window and saw it, pale against the night clouds. Something was up. The Mole had something for me.

"He scares me," my wife whispered, going back to sleep. What I didn't tell her was that he scares me too. I didn't want her to worry.

"Resident Evil 5 looks like it's going to be a big thing for Microsoft," I heard the raspy voice say the second I stepped outside. I froze... now he knows where I live. I told him that he was being silly, the game is coming to the PS3 as well. Have you ever heard someone begin to smile? It's eerie, and somewhat uncanny. I knew I only had part of the story.

"The demo is coming to Xbox Live first, and there are other things you don't know, big things. Wait for more news. Your family is lovely, by the way..." I felt a sharp stabbing sensation, and my legs gave out.

I came to in my living room, and my wife was looking at me, concerned. I smelled tea and noticed a few other people there, making sure I was okay. "Thanks for not calling the police," I said, and coughed. I saw the tranq dart on the table, and picked it up. "He didn't give me any news, though."

"This was pinned to your back," Jess told me, handing me a piece of paper. I unfolded it carefully, and learned about a new Xbox 360 bundle.

Resident Evil 5 bundle

Red hardware
Red controller
A copy of Resident Evil 5
Exclusive Resident Evil 5 NXE theme
Download coupon for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

I knew the information was solid—the Mole always breaks stories before anyone else had them. This bundle would be coming, and it looks great. No information on pricing or hard drive size, if it even comes with a hard drive, but this lines up with Capcom being more Xbox-friendly these days.

Exciting news. Does this bundle entice anyone?
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...rosoft-to-get-resident-evil-5-bundle-red-360s

Hard drive isn't specified, but since SFII HD Remix's file size is above 256 MB, I'm guessing that it will be a Pro bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
i already have a white Jasper 360 which I spray painted matte black.

with some red blood splatter effects that is more Resident Evil 5 themed than this garbage

[quote name='Ice Cold']i already have a white Jasper 360 which I spray painted matte black.

with some red blood splatter effects that is more Resident Evil 5 themed than this garbage[/quote]
nobody_cares.jpg

[quote name='sendme']so now you get a red 360 to go with the rrod.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

But seriously, if this is true then I will buy it because my 360 is dying (for the 2nd time) and being sent to MS this week. Plus the 3 year warranty is out in early May so I know I will be needing a new one eventually. And I've been wanting to upgrade from my 20 GB for awhile so I can just upgrade everything in one shot and get RE5 with it since I planned on buying it Day 1 anyways. I REALLY HOPE THIS IS TRUE!

On Friday, Ars Technica writer Ben Kuchera posted a juicy rumor about a Resident Evil 5-themed Xbox 360.

Kuchera’s informant said the bundle would include the following items:

Red Xbox 360
Red Xbox 360 controller
A copy of Resident Evil 5
Exclusive Resident Evil 5 NXE theme
Download code for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD

Kuchera’s informant broke the news of the Xbox 360 price cut last August, so, at face value, it seemed like this new rumor had a pretty good possibility of happening as well.

Nonetheless, we contacted a Capcom representative to ask them to confirm or deny the rumor. They did neither. The representative’s phrasing, however, raises an eyebrow or two:

“No comment for now,” the Capcom representative said.

For now, eh? Let the speculation train keep on a rollin’.
http://www.endsights.com/?p=696

I just saw this and was going to post it. Hopefully it will be a RE5 edition or most likely a RROD edition lol! Either way I'm definitely getting it! RED!

It will probably have a Falcon chip to piss people off ;) Wasn't in the Halo 360 that had the real old mobo when they were released despite Falcons being readily available?

I'm guessing it will be expensive either way. The Elite still retails for $399 and this one will include a copy of RE5 correct? $450 I guess.

OMG! I am sooo getting this, thought just like Monsta Mack said, it will most likely have the older chipset in it with 14V powerbrick and no internal 256Mb, still geting it. RED!

I really like this. I don't normally like red consoles but I like this, and like that it DOESN'T have some ugly RE branding on it... I'm torn as to if I'd buy it if it's not a Jasper, although part of me thinks it makes sense for MS to put Jaspers in these since the price is (sort of) dropping by $60 to include the game. I know, I know, it's not REALLY that much, but MS does have to take a cut in profit to bundle a non-MS game, so it'd make sense to put in units that are cheaper to make. (which is the reason I've heard they put the Jaspers in the Arcade units first, along with the 256mb flash memory)

Either that or they know they are NEVER moving these Elites and are just repackaging old units to try to dump them (almost every Elite I've seen in 4-5 Best Buys was made in April 08!)

If it's a Jasper I am buying for sure. If it's a Falcon... eeeeehhh, I dunno.

This is extremely tempting, I have been wanting to get an elite (I have a 20gb one now...) for a looong time and my tax return arrives near the end of March. Timing seems good, HOWEVER, if it's the old chip inside then I'll pass. If I'm going to upgrade to an elite I want the best upgrade possible.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Will this come with a red battery pack for the controller?[/quote]

The Halo 3 Edition came with the play and charge kit(black). Considering they make the same red controller seperately that is included, they should be packing in the red one.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I would definitely jump on one of these if I didn't have an elite already. Black is a cooler, more stealthy color though IMO.[/quote]

Because your 360 is capable of being a ninja all of a sudden? :roll:

[quote name='HydroX']Because your 360 is capable of being a ninja all of a sudden? :roll:[/quote]
No need to attempt to be a smartass. :roll:

Black is a slimming color and makes the 360 look thinner because it's harder to see shadows on black which appears to give it a sleek and "stealthy" profile. Also a black 360 isn't as visible in your peripheral vision as a bright red 360 for example.

[quote name='Danil ACE']No need to attempt to be a smartass. :roll:

Black is a slimming color and makes the 360 look thinner because it's harder to see shadows on black which appears to give it a sleek and "stealthy" profile. Also a black 360 isn't as visible in your peripheral vision as a bright red 360 for example.[/quote]

I'm just effing with you. lol

What does it matter what "profile" it has? Just pick your favorite color and roll with it. :cool:

What's the logic behind releasing this limited edition system without the collector's edition of the game? It seems like most people that would want the LE system would also want the collector's edition of the game and not the regular one.

[quote name='Collectordragon']What's the logic behind releasing this limited edition system without the collector's edition of the game? It seems like most people that would want the LE system would also want the collector's edition of the game and not the regular one.[/quote]

The console is only red, even if it is "limited". There is really no adding it to anyone's Resident Evil collection because there is no RE artwork on it,to make it very collectable.

bread's done
Back