REDBOX: $0.50 Cents Off a 1 Night Game Rental This Weekend 11/4 - 11/6

xtreme_Zr2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Text FIFTY to 727272.

Disclaimer: I am already a Redbox subscriber for the mobile monthly free movie code, however hopefully everyone else can get this code by following the code above.

Please reply if this is YMMV or doesn't work and I'll update the subject line accordingly.

how much do they charge for a game rental? I'm probably the last person on earth who hasn't used Redbox.

Pretty sure it's $1.50, never rented a game... could be $2

At least in my area, if you rent a movie late at night, after midnight, the rental isn't due back until 9pm the following day.

So rent Saturday morning at 1AM. Return Monday night by 9pm.

[quote name='bfett9']will this only work on games?[/QUOTE]
Yes, their system is smart enough to know what type of media it is. I've received free rentals, and tried to use on games before. Also received a half off rental and didn't work on games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pasolini']how much do they charge for a game rental? I'm probably the last person on earth who hasn't used Redbox.[/QUOTE]

Never used them either.

http://www.redbox.com/

If you put a game in the shopping cart it looks like it pops up as $2 rental. Also really limited selection. :roll:

[quote name='daminion']

So rent Saturday morning at 1AM. Return Monday night by 9pm.[/QUOTE]

You sure this is right? If you rented Saturday morning at 1am it shouldn't it be due Sunday at 9pm? Or am I just missing something?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You sure this is right? If you rented Saturday morning at 1am it shouldn't it be due Sunday at 9pm? Or am I just missing something?[/QUOTE]

I believe you're right

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You sure this is right? If you rented Saturday morning at 1am it shouldn't it be due Sunday at 9pm? Or am I just missing something?[/QUOTE]

No your right. It's due by Sunday at 9pm. Or he can pay an extra 2 bucks if he's returning it Monday.

I have never rented from redbox either, only movies. They always send me a promo code via phone every month or so for a free movie

Just came from using Redbox for the first time to rent video games. I thought it would be complicated but it was actually simple! Here in New York, the total comes out to be $2.18 per night and it only counts a day if it misses the 9PM mark after the first transaction.

I got a code, thanks! I've used Redbox in the past for video game rentals and have only had good experiences. The only problem is that their selection is very limited, but it's good if you're on the fence about purchasing a newer game and don't want to risk spending $60 for it. I rented Sonic Generations earlier this week and got through most of it in just one night so I'm glad I didn't spend $50 on it. By the way, they don't charge tax on Illinois customers.

[quote name='joeyshadows']No your right. It's due by Sunday at 9pm. Or he can pay an extra 2 bucks if he's returning it Monday.[/QUOTE]

If you rent anything from redbox at midnight, you're renting from it on the first hour of the day. Since its not due until 9pm the next day, technically it's due Monday night if he rents it midnight Saturday (technically Sunday) lol its a bit strange but I rent all the newest games from redbox.

Free DVD codes do work on games. I use insideredbox.com to look up the latest codes. In fact the DVD codes actually take a $1.20 off the games right now. Rented uncharted 3 for eighty cents for two nights and beat it for the price of a candy bar.

If you haven't used Redbox for games, I'd highly recommend it. Cheaper than any other options I'm willing to use.

Their selection is limited but they've been keeping up with some of the AAA titles at least.

[quote name='0_0']tempted to get UC3. Can I beat it within 5-6 hours?[/QUOTE]

Took me 8.
Thanks for the post OP. I use redbox pretty often and they usually have big releases close to release day.

We have a Redbox at work but they advertise games on the board that we never get or get very late. For example, they had NBA2k12 advertised on the machine itself but the game wasn't in there until at least a week after release date and even then it was only for PS3.

tried redbox myself 2 weekends ago. Good experience. Used 2 x $1 off codes I found online. Spent a total of $4 to rent and finish driver: San Fran and Space Marine.

bread's done
Back