• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is supposedly a limit on trading more than 4 copies of the same game in 30 days? I had no idea. For a company that practically begs you to trade in everything you own every chance they get, I’m really surprised at that. I should have known something would go wrong with my plan :(

If I drive about 45 minutes away there are like 3 GameStop’s. I guess I can try taking one copy to each and trade them in, but now I’m afraid they’re going to flag my account and say I’m trading in to many copies of the same game too quickly. And if I wait too long the trade in price price might tank. Hmm I done f’d up this time.
I know no one cares, but I finally went to the area with 3 separate GameStop’s today and traded in all the RBI 17s I had (minus one I returned to Redbox), and a few more copies of Agents of Mayhem and Madden 17. The TIVs all went down, but I still made some money.

All together I traded in 11 games from this sale for a total of $138.45 GameStop credit. This cost me $55, and payed for my Pokémon Ultra Moon and strategy guide, $40 Nintendo eShop credit, $30 XBL credit, and a couple air fresheners for my car.

Was it worth it? Yes. Will I do it again? Probably not.

POS will allow up to 4. I usually do just two at a time. Why bring unneeded attention to myself. Throw a few others in to buffer the transaction. Never an issue.
I guess it just depends on the employees. I tried again today to trade two copies of the same game together and was shut down. That’s two GameStop’s that have said they can only take one copy of the same game.

Policy is one per person per day per store.

You're just asking to get people fired by doing more than one.
Really? Never knew that. Never had an issue with two. Nobody said boo about it. I'd hate to get someone fired. I can chill on the the two games in one transaction thing. Not going to slow me down. Thanks for the heads up.

Really? Never knew that. Never had an issue with two. Nobody said boo about it. I'd hate to get someone fired. I can chill on the the two games in one transaction thing. Not going to slow me down. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, except for DS games it's one per title and platform.

DS I believe two are OK.

Just go to different stores to do trades.

Yeah, except for DS games it's one per title and platform.

DS I believe two are OK.

Just go to different stores to do trades.
I think regarding DS/3DS games, it also depends on the game too?

Like it has to be a multiplayer game like Smash Bros or Mario Party, where its more likely you and ur family will have more than 1 copy to enjoy the game vs a single player only DS/3DS game

Well it appears dark souls 3 and dues ex are no longer listed as available for rent/sale but you can still search for them and they show up as available. Still $5 though I was hoping they would drop to $2

I know no one cares, but I finally went to the area with 3 separate GameStop’s today and traded in all the RBI 17s I had (minus one I returned to Redbox), and a few more copies of Agents of Mayhem and Madden 17. The TIVs all went down, but I still made some money.

All together I traded in 11 games from this sale for a total of $138.45 GameStop credit. This cost me $55, and payed for my Pokémon Ultra Moon and strategy guide, $40 Nintendo eShop credit, $30 XBL credit, and a couple air fresheners for my car.

Was it worth it? Yes. Will I do it again? Probably not.
do you trade the game in the plastic case of red box?

You can do that, but YMMV on your GS being OK with that. People on CAG have mentioned that their GS freaks out when you bring in a RedBox game because they automatically assume it is stolen. Also, some GS don't like the sticker on the disc and either charge a refurb fee because of it or flat out won't take it. By and large, these things shouldn't be a problem, but it won't hurt to ask your GS in advance.

Just reuse the sleeves gamestop usually gives when they sell you preowned games. Looks less odd when trading in and the cases are decent enough for you to reuse yourself at home or in the car for burned CD's or lost cases.

You can do that, but YMMV on your GS being OK with that. People on CAG have mentioned that their GS freaks out when you bring in a RedBox game because they automatically assume it is stolen. Also, some GS don't like the sticker on the disc and either charge a refurb fee because of it or flat out won't take it. By and large, these things shouldn't be a problem, but it won't hurt to ask your GS in advance.
Some GameStops flat out don't take them.

Some GameStops will restrict how many they take in from you.
Some GameStops will only take 1 copy per title & platform if they're Redbox copies.

Some GameStops will act like you stole it or that they can't find out, even if you have a purchase receipt.

None of it is consistent, but what is consistent is GS employees going out of their way to remind you stealing is illegal even when you have proof of purchase- LOL

Some Best Buy employees will accept them. Others will make a huge stink about it, act like even a purchase receipt isn't good enough, continue to not "be comfortable" with the trade-in request. I had an employee ask for the purchase receipts, then act like they didn't help distinguish one way or the other (the hell?!). What helped was the Best Buy I've been going to for years, who recognize me, took the remainder of games I had from Redbox to flip.

Never again.

It's just not worth it when you can find better flips and avoid RB. None of these employees are trained to realize you can find what games are being sold at Redbox through their website. I showed one employee one time and they still thought I was making up stuff LOL. Showing you information so that I can sell a product to you isn't stealing. They think it's incriminating ha

It's just not worth it when you can find better flips and avoid RB
There might be easier flips, but I was making 3-5x my investment on these during the bump. Better flips haven't been seen since Flipagetton 2017. $5 Madden 17 360 getting $26 at one point? Mmm so good...

Gonna be a long time till we see better flips that the RB -> GS stealth bump 40/50% promo flip.

Made a video in case those security stickers bother you like they did me.
https://youtu.be/pwQsDgHmBgE

Made a video in case those security stickers bother you like they did me.
https://youtu.be/pwQsDgHmBgE
Using that heat gun at 100 degrees, have you ever accidentally pulled off any of the art under the sticker? I'm using a hairdryer and comparing it to what you are doing is like comparing a broad sword to a scalpel during surgery...

I have ruined 2 copies of Rocket League on PS4 LOLOL... ugh actually 1 copy had a huge scratch outside of the label area I just noticed where artwork is missing.....too late to get a Redbox refund, brought these a while ago

The artwork on PS4's Doom disc is the best ever I've seen on a PS4 disc, the label came off effortlessly in 1 piece YAY instead of chunks lol

Guess there's no way to fix this right, even though the Rocket League artwork is mostly black? I was thinking of getting those CD hub stickers & coloring it in with a black marker & sticking it on...o_O does that actually work?

or maybe put several tiny dots of black paint into the messed up spots lol...

I have ruined 2 copies of Rocket League on PS4 LOLOL... ugh actually 1 copy had a huge scratch outside of the label area I just noticed where artwork is missing.....too late to get a Redbox refund, brought these a while ago
The artwork on PS4's Doom disc is the best ever I've seen on a PS4 disc, the label came off effortlessly in 1 piece YAY instead of chunks lol

Guess there's no way to fix this right, even though the Rocket League artwork is mostly black? I was thinking of getting those CD hub stickers & coloring it in with a black marker & sticking it on...o_O does that actually work?
If you're talking about the art that is over the data layer of the disc, there is nothing you can do.

Sure, the bottom surface is the disc is way tougher than a DVD, but the data layer is just under the top surface right against the art and once that barrier is breached the data is gone.

If you're talking about the art that is over the data layer of the disc, there is nothing you can do.

Sure, the bottom surface is the disc is way tougher than a DVD, but the data layer is just under the top surface right against the art and once that barrier is breached the data is gone.
Actually the data layer on a BR disc is closer to the bottom of the disc than the top - as far as I know scratches on the label of a BR don't affect the data layer like it does on a CD or DVD

bluray-disk-by-suresh-10-728.jpg

Picked up Agents of Mayhem, thanks for the heads up guys. Super stocked to grab it for $5.

What is this blasphemy doing on here!? j/k But seriously, surely you don't mean all comic books?
This has nothing to do with this thread, but your sig and tagline reminded me that there isn't a game out there that I wish would get ported to current consoles than Viewtiful Joe. It is a damn shame it has been ignored.

If I purchased some games online but never made it to the kiosk within the designated time, do I have to request a refund or does it automatically give it to me?

If I purchased some games online but never made it to the kiosk within the designated time, do I have to request a refund or does it automatically give it to me?
From the Redbox Help Center:

"If you don’t pick up your movie, you’ll still be charged for one night's rental because the disc will still be taken out of circulation for other customers that night.

Sorry, but there's no way to cancel an online reservation once it's been made."

Also has this:

"You’re billed as soon as your online reservation is complete. That means that if you don’t pick up your rentals on the day you reserve them, you’ll still be charged for that first night. For instance, if you reserve your movie online today, pick it up tomorrow and return it the day after that, you’ll be charged for two nights. (Remember: your movies will be held for you until 9pm the day after you reserve them, so be sure to pick them up before then.)"

I remember when I was trying to track down a $1.99 copy of Homefront when that was going on. There was one in a part of town I never go so I ended up having to go online every day and "buy" it until I could pick it up since they released it at the end of the day. You only get charged when you actually pick up a reserved purchase. Rentals are a whole different story and you'll get charged no matter what.

Does Redbox have a schedule of when they do price changes or is it just random?

I’m new to buying redbox and got my first paper copy of Doom the other day. Luckily redbox CSR refunded me promptly and I was able to find a actual disc at another kiosk the same day.

Keeping my eye on when Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 hits $9.99

RedBox's 12 Days Of Deals is currently going on... Text "Deals" to 727272 to get in on the fun.

Today I got a code for $1 off any 2 discs. Was able to buy a game and rent a Blu-ray and received the $1 off, so it'll probably work on two game purchases if you wanted. The code is one-time use, so that's why I'm not bothering posting mine...

I somehow got a free game rental code today. I don't think I've ever gotten a free rental of any kind out of these "text blank" promotions, so that's cool. Guess this one is worth trying.

bread's done
Back