• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 is hard to deny for FFXV...but with the GOTY/Royal Edition due out in little over a month, would it be worth it just to hold off on a price drop for that version? I had borrowed a copy from a friend, and got about 2-3 hours in. Liked what I saw overall (more or less), but the thought of all that DLC being out there for extra dough, vs being included from the get-go....  

Thoughts?

$5 is hard to deny for FFXV...but with the GOTY/Royal Edition due out in little over a month, would it be worth it just to hold off on a price drop for that version? I had borrowed a copy from a friend, and got about 2-3 hours in. Liked what I saw overall (more or less), but the thought of all that DLC being out there for extra dough, vs being included from the get-go....

Thoughts?
I’d spend 5 bucks and get the game. If you love it, then drop another 20 or whatever for the DLC.

Will BB accept the trade in without a case?
Mine will not take almost anything. If it doesn't have a barcode they can scan then will not take it. Even games packed in with a system where case that said not for resale. I've even had the manager involved before. I know some people have better luck at their stores but I just wanted to toss it out there that not all stores accept games without cases.

Ending up grabbing a copy of FFXV, and after checking out, checked the machine for funsies. It appears that they had another copy in there, while none of the other 5 boxes in the area have a single copy. Tempted to grab a spare, but I'll leave it for someone else to discover.

Mine will not take almost anything. If it doesn't have a barcode they can scan then will not take it. Even games packed in with a system where case that said not for resale. I've even had the manager involved before. I know some people have better luck at their stores but I just wanted to toss it out there that not all stores accept games without cases.
Will BB accept the trade in without a case?
I have had success at multiple BBuys by placing them inside a case/sleeve etc. DVD sleeves and cases can be had for cheap on Amazon and such. I also remove the stickers using a blow dryer, flat razor, and the sticky residue with goo gone. The last thing is I usually write down or print the SKU from best buy's website and write it on the sleeve/case insert and it makes it go faster. What happens is a lot of the employees do not know how to do a title search and just want the SKU. If they ask why I have multiple copies I usually say I bought them for my friends and family to play and when we are finished I get them back and trade them in to keep the gaming cycle/cash going.

Went Redbox hunting the past few days. Unfortunately Tomb Raider is back up to $14.99. But I did get Dishonored 2 for $10 and Final Fantasy XV and Doom for $5 each so it wasn't all that bad in the end!

Went Redbox hunting the past few days. Unfortunately Tomb Raider is back up to $14.99. But I did get Dishonored 2 for $10 and Final Fantasy XV and Doom for $5 each so it wasn't all that bad in the end!
Still 9.99 if you buy online for Rise of the Tomb Raider. At least in my area (Denver)

I just noticed that, I guess it was still that at the box but I didn't realized they didn't change it online Thank you guys, gonna grab that one today too.

Got a question - if Redbox pulled a game for sale off their website can you still find it at a Redbox unit for sale?
Have you tried searching for it?

EDIT: nevermind it looks like deus-ex is officially gone if thats what you were looking for. You can still find the page for it on google. I think a gas station by me had it and I've been wondering this too. Funny how Dark Souls is still up didn't they both go $5 at the same time

Have you tried searching for it?

EDIT: nevermind it looks like deus-ex is officially gone if thats what you were looking for. You can still find the page for it on google. I think a gas station by me had it and I've been wondering this too. Funny how Dark Souls is still up didn't they both go $5 at the same time
Deus Ex actually hit three bucks. And it dropped down a little sooner.

Plants vs Zombies 2 (X1) for 9.99 at redbox is trading in to best buy for $19.50 with GCU, or $17.71 w/o.  PS4 is $16.7~ with GCU, $15.27~ without.

I dont understand why people even bother. Im sure they are using prepaid cards, why replace with a paper copy and screw the renter and redbox, if they dont bring it back at all redbox will try and charge the prepaid card, when it doesnt have money on it redbox is in the same position

Grrr some dipwad bough the Resident Evil I've been eyeing, unless it went on sale the person bought it for $20 too been waiting for it to drop.  I think at some point somebody said it dropped to $15 but I missed it.

New free game code out check your email, also works on movies.  expires 2/4

edit- also picked up PvZ2 traded for 19 after GCU at BB.

I just bought a few games yesterday with a "rewards card" from buying the OG Xbox 360 from Gamestop ($30/console).  Don't know if it is technically a "prepaid" card, but the paperwork says it's a debit card but use it like a credit card.  Worked fine for me at Redbox.

Fyi I bought Farming Simulator 17 for $4.99 a couple of days ago. It is no longer on their website but was at a few different boxes. 

I just bought a few games yesterday with a "rewards card" from buying the OG Xbox 360 from Gamestop ($30/console). Don't know if it is technically a "prepaid" card, but the paperwork says it's a debit card but use it like a credit card. Worked fine for me at Redbox.
So you get a $30 prepaid gift card for buying the original 360? How much did you have to pay? I’ve been thinking about getting a second one of it’s cheap enough.

Fyi I bought Farming Simulator 17 for $4.99 a couple of days ago. It is no longer on their website but was at a few different boxes.
WRC 7 was shown to be coming soon around here and a few boxes had it in stock for rent, but when I wanted to get one with a free credit, it wasn't on the site or app so I had to drive to every redbox and find one. So I stopped at the two boxes on the way to work that had it before and then just rented CoD.

So you get a $30 prepaid gift card for buying the original 360? How much did you have to pay? I’ve been thinking about getting a second one of it’s cheap enough.
It was a black friday deal, you got a prepaid card that was the same amount as they were selling og 360 models for online at Gamestop.

I just bought a few games yesterday with a "rewards card" from buying the OG Xbox 360 from Gamestop ($30/console). Don't know if it is technically a "prepaid" card, but the paperwork says it's a debit card but use it like a credit card. Worked fine for me at Redbox.
Did you buy or rent?

probably a good idea to record all the location of boxes you find a $5 game and once its removed odds is its still there.

Just updated the 1st post of this thread and a lot of games that were on sale are no longer available at redbox.   

Just updated the 1st post of this thread and a lot of games that were on sale are no longer available at redbox.
Wow just noticed Titanfall 2 is gone did it even hit $9.99
EDIT: I bet most of those games are gonna be back for a Valentine's sale or something

bread's done
Back