• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t think so. I’ll give them a call in a little bit. No questions asked about trading in Redbox though, and didn’t have to show proof of purchase.

My GameStop just charged me $5 per game for a refurbished fee due to not having a case. Is that standard?
I was told this by a store before that it was "district policy". Went to another store 5 minutes away and wasn't charged. Became my anti-CoL transaction store and always burned them on surveys. Needless to say it's no longer an issue there.

I was told this by a store before that it was "district policy". Went to another store 5 minutes away and wasn't charged. Became my anti-CoL transaction store and always burned them on surveys. Needless to say it's no longer an issue there.
I called and they said it’s a fee they have to charge regardless of the next closest store not charging. I won’t be back.

Never traded in Redbox games, but I just went to my local game store and they said they accept just fine. I will start the flipping game. Will bring the receipt just in case.

Any advices so I don't draw too much attention or it depends on the store?

I called and they said it’s a fee they have to charge regardless of the next closest store not charging. I won’t be back.
Lmao, annihilate them on a survey and request a call back from a DM. See how quick they change their tune when they're caught lying like that.

Never traded in Redbox games, but I just went to my local game store and they said they accept just fine. I will start the flipping game. Will bring the receipt just in case.

I always try to bring 1-2 non Redbox games with cases with me to trade. Also I often put Redbox discs in generic cases then open them up at the counter and take them out (keeping the cases for next time). Also if it's a big trade, I will ask what's coming out soon and do $5 on a preorder. You can always move that to another order if you end up not wanting to keep the preorder.

Yeah, avoid talking about flips very openly.

xRU27eR.jpg

I just bought 4 FFXV xb1 games to flip. I admire how well they took off the labels.

My GameStop just charged me $5 per game for a refurbished fee due to not having a case. Is that standard?
When I first traded some rb games, the person working stealthily added the refurb fee to all of them (I put in paper sleeves). Luckily I noticed when the final trade value was way off, so I just canceled the trade and went somewhere else with no issues.

When I first traded some rb games, the person working stealthily added the refurb fee to all of them (I put in paper sleeves). Luckily I noticed when the final trade value was way off, so I just canceled the trade and went somewhere else with no issues.
Same thing happened to me this week, I've had them attempt to add refurb before which is funny when I bought it from their store a day ago for quick achievements, but never till now stealthy without even mentioning it. I played dumb "oh did you accidently ring these games up twice"

Best Buy took em fine for $1 less.

Interesting that the trade in value of the dualshock 4 has not changed. If it does not drop, with eh extra %30 bonus, it is a good deal the trade in

Interesting that the trade in value of the dualshock 4 has not changed. If it does not drop, with eh extra %30 bonus, it is a good deal the trade in
Cool. Do they sell Dual Shock 4’s at Redbox?

May have to check my local kiosks for stock. Must have some slick technology to slim them down to get through those slots. ;)

Bought 5 games yesterday from 2 different boxes. Every box was empty with nothing but the sticker inside 😑 Some people need to stop ruining it for everyone. If you can’t even pay for the game your going to flip you shouldn’t do it period.

Is WRC 7 reduced for sale at all? I saw it for rent for the first time ever at a Wal-Mart tonight but since they don't sell games at Wal-Mart Redboxes I didn't know if I should do the "rent there and return somewhere else" trick.

Bought 5 games yesterday from 2 different boxes. Every box was empty with nothing but the sticker inside Some people need to stop ruining it for everyone. If you can’t even pay for the game your going to flip you shouldn’t do it period.
the worst part is if you complain too often, even if the're all legit, they'll just ban your account. l work freelance and if I ever was off when a game I wanted was coming out, I'd just run to the redbox at like 7am and rent that game so I didn't have to wait for it to be delivered before playing... so even though I had to have been the 2nd person to rent those games, it kept happening to me and they locked that account

Apparently I got banned from Redbox on one of my accounts. Card wouldn't go through anytime I tried to rent or buy today. Found a box with a ton of good stuff but it was all just rentals.Too far away from anything to rent a few and buy. Sucks they only allow one rental at a time if it's a game.

Is WRC 7 reduced for sale at all? I saw it for rent for the first time ever at a Wal-Mart tonight but since they don't sell games at Wal-Mart Redboxes I didn't know if I should do the "rent there and return somewhere else" trick.
No I think it's like that golf club game they probably don't have an agreement to sell certain games

Yeah I have too. It said “you haven’t used this card before”

Uhhh okay. I’ve used this card about 57 times in the last 4 months but whatever
My Amex gave me a "this card not available for games" message which was weird. My Visa worked no problem.

in the last 3 months or so, I noticed Everybody's Golf and Knack 2 went from $10 up to $15.  It might be a regular thing (demand v availability).

So it is normal for Redbox to increase the price back up after having reduced before ? Pes 2018 increase back from 9.99 to 19.99
It was part of their Presidents’ Day sale that has ended.

I am hoping Redbox adds movie stream rentals to their perks. Anybody else have a shit ton of perk points from buying games?

so maybe redbox is blocking people calling about fakes because they think it could be a lie, and they might be abusing the system? Not talking about people here, BTW< just in general

For example, I can rent a real game, and just call them and say: "Hey, I got a fake game/empty case, please refund me". So you basically get a free game and they can't go after you because they can't prove you did not get a fake game/empty case. 

so maybe redbox is blocking people calling about fakes because they think it could be a lie, and they might be abusing the system? Not talking about people here, BTW&lt; just in general

For example, I can rent a real game, and just call them and say: "Hey, I got a fake game/empty case, please refund me". So you basically get a free game and they can't go after you because they can't prove you did not get a fake game/empty case.
You have to put the "paper copy"/"sticker-only" in a Redbox. They remind you multiple times on the phone to do that

All you do is get a heat gun and lightly heat up the ring and it will slowly unstick from the disc then with your fingernail slowly peel it off.
I've done that very thing a few dozen times, but I'm nowhere near good enough to take the sticker off whole and intact.

so maybe redbox is blocking people calling about fakes because they think it could be a lie, and they might be abusing the system? Not talking about people here, BTW&lt; just in general

I haven't got a paper one yet *knock on wood*, but I thought I read something about them asking you to return it to the box you got it from.

Got one paper with a sticker on it and one mislabeled with a dvd in it (Leap).  Got a refund for the paper and refunded on Leap and they asked me to return it which I did.  This is probably out of 30-40 disks over the past year or so. *knock on wood*

Bought Mafia 3 for the Xbox 1 and instead of the game, I got a piece of paper. Contacted redbox via Live Chat and they refunded my $5. They did instruct me to return the bogus game, which I did. Sucks that people would do this!

It really, really depends on what sort of area the Redbox is in. I also haven't gotten a fake yet and I'd assume it's because the Redbox I go to is in a fairly upscale area.
Got my first empty cases today, 2 from the same box in a nice part of town (Garden Warfare 2, both consoles. I was only going to get one, but when it came out empty, I decided to try the other one. The box still had copies of both afterwards, but I wasn't about to press my luck further). Some people who commit fraud may have cars.

I had a problem with two games I purchased in one transaction at the same location. One disc was scratched and there was no other game, only the case with a sticker in the center. I stayed right there, immediately called up Redbox and told them about my transaction. I then returned both and went home empty handed to try again the next day somewhere else. There was no doubt that I was telling the truth and Redbox was most helpful.

This still put me off of buying from Redbox but, thanks to you guys, found out they were selling Final Fantasy XV for $5! I already had the case from dumpster diving so I snagged a copy recently. Very happy with my purchase but the sticker bothers me somewhat. Is there seriously no issue with removing the stickers with a blowdryer?

Lmao, annihilate them on a survey and request a call back from a DM. See how quick they change their tune when they're caught lying like that.

To follow up, gave a bad review and asked for the DM. I received a call from the DM and she said the refurb fee should only be used on scratched discs, not for missing cases. She’s going to speak with the associate, the store leader, and attempt to pull what I traded in to see if there are scratches (the discs I traded were flawless). She’ll contact me back with a resolution.

bread's done
Back