• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a problem with two games I purchased in one transaction at the same location. One disc was scratched and there was no other game, only the case with a sticker in the center. I stayed right there, immediately called up Redbox and told them about my transaction. I then returned both and went home empty handed to try again the next day somewhere else. There was no doubt that I was telling the truth and Redbox was most helpful.

This still put me off of buying from Redbox but, thanks to you guys, found out they were selling Final Fantasy XV for $5! I already had the case from dumpster diving so I snagged a copy recently. Very happy with my purchase but the sticker bothers me somewhat. Is there seriously no issue with removing the stickers with a blowdryer?
I heard the XB1 ones are a bit easier than the PS4 ones since the sticker covers (mostly) just clear plastic and no art. However, the art on the PS4 discs usually continue all the way to the center hole and you might run the risk of possibly peeling some of it when taking the sticker off.

I heard the XB1 ones are a bit easier than the PS4 ones since the sticker covers (mostly) just clear plastic and no art. However, the art on the PS4 discs usually continue all the way to the center hole and you might run the risk of possibly peeling some of it when taking the sticker off.
Guess which copy I have? That sticker's going to stay on there a little while.

Its true. It's much easier to heat and remove the adhesive from the X1 due to no artwork on the center hub. I've accidentally scraped PS4 artworks when I didn't take enough time or didn't heat the sticker enough to get it off in 2 pieces.

it's also easier, I think, to take the stickers off stuff bought from indoor redboxes vs ones outside in the heat.

The most infuriating thing is when you buy / rent something and you get an empty case with a fully intact sticker that some magical fucker took off perfectly!!?!?  I mean they're obviously stealing a lot from redbox and have perfected the craft, but I consider myself lucky if I can remove a sticker in 3 big chunks - I'll never be able to remove one  perfectly like the criminals

Its true. It's much easier to heat and remove the adhesive from the X1 due to no artwork on the center hub. I've accidentally scraped PS4 artworks when I didn't take enough time or didn't heat the sticker enough to get it off in 2 pieces.
One GS employee denied me one PS4 game because of 2 really small scratches on the top of the disc because he said the blu-ray laser will go through and not read data!

One GS employee denied me one PS4 game because of 2 really small scratches on the top of the disc because he said the blu-ray laser will go through and not read data!
As long as those scratches are near the center of the disc, where the RB sticker is, then you can argue that the game still works because there is no data on that part of the disc. If it is farther out than that, then that disc is probably hose-monkey.

As long as those scratches are near the center of the disc, where the RB sticker is, then you can argue that the game still works because there is no data on that part of the disc. If it is farther out than that, then that disc is probably hose-monkey.
They were right under where the sticker was, and that is what I told him. Took it to a different GS no problem there. I think some get a little power mad!

Got a question for anybody who buys games at Redbox to flip at Gamestop; I know they can only take one copy of a game per system at a time but are you able to take multiple copies of a game on multiple days or do they lock you out the first tike?

Got a question for anybody who buys games at Redbox to flip at Gamestop; I know they can only take one copy of a game per system at a time but are you able to take multiple copies of a game on multiple days or do they lock you out the first tike?
As long as you go back during someone else’s shift, I think you should be ok? Better of going to another GameStop though.

If you flip the disc over and hold it up to the light, you will clearly see the data ring. Any scratches inside of that won’t affect the game. It may however, get you a refurb fee charge.

I haven’t had any razor blade/goo gone issues other than PvZ2-ps4. That disc art is so loose near the center ring.

FWIW, I have traded many redbox games to gamestop with stickers intact and no issues/refurb. I don’t bother taking the stickers off, but I do opt to not keep it in the redbox case when trading.

The only one I traded to GS, I left the sticker on and gave it to him in a redbox case. He asked to see the proof of purchase (I bought it 10 minutes earlier). Whipped out the redbox email receipt, he said, "ok, thanks."

I know some Junior detectives will try to make a scene, but there's never been an official policy at GS to not take rental disks. Used to trade Blockbuster games in too.

Just traded in some Redbox games at my go-to GameStop, and they stated that coming up sometime soon, they’ll be charging the refurb fee to take the center ring off of the discs. The associate claims the sticker can damage the console drive over time.

Anyone else hear something like this?

Just traded in some Redbox games at my go-to GameStop, and they stated that coming up sometime soon, they’ll be charging the refurb fee to take the center ring off of the discs. The associate claims the sticker can damage the console drive over time.

Anyone else hear something like this?
Ask for a written statement on that from GS corporate then file a class action suit against Redbox.

I love reading people’s skewed views on how law works when they don’t have clue #1. That’s not how class action lawsuits work. Also, a person and redbox voluntarily enter an agreement that the disk will work exactly as it is sold. Removing the sticker voids that contract. There is no agreement that you will be able to resell the item nor do they restrict you. GameStop is not required to buy anything from you either.

I love reading people’s skewed views on how law works when they don’t have clue #1. That’s not how class action lawsuits work. Also, a person and redbox voluntarily enter an agreement that the disk will work exactly as it is sold. Removing the sticker voids that contract. There is no agreement that you will be able to resell the item nor do they restrict you. GameStop is not required to buy anything from you either.
I think someone's sarcasm detector is broken. haha.

The class action lawsuit statement was clearly a joke.

I don't know why some are rental only, but I think it depends on where the kiosk is located. I've noticed every Redbox at a Walmart is rental only, while those at Walgreens, Reasor's and Kum & Go you can buy from.

pretty sure if its a retail store that has a redbox kiosk they arent allowed to sell games since the store themseselves sells games. I've noticed redboxes inside Meijer stores are also like this. But pharmacies and grocery stores seem to have renboxes that sell games.

Why are some RB rental only? And does any RB force you to return to the same unit?
The first part has already been answered, but no, you can return it anywhere. Hence the trick that if you can only find a game that's on sale cheap at a rental only box you can rent it and return it to a different one that sells games so you can buy it.

You still run the risk of "exceeding your trade limit" aka getting banned.

I got flagged despite going to different stores and spreading out trade ins. There were roughly 4 different games, 5-6 copies of each. Trades spread out to different stores and different days, but it eventually popped up.

You still run the risk of "exceeding your trade limit" aka getting banned.

I got flagged despite going to different stores and spreading out trade ins. There were roughly 4 different games, 5-6 copies of each. Trades spread out to different stores and different days, but it eventually popped up.
i believe theres a limit of 4 copies of the same game per rolling 30 days. and stores arent allowed to accept multiple copies of the same game in a transaction

Tomb Raider went up from 9.99 to 14.99 for me. Which irritates me a little because I was waiting for the damn thing to move in the opposite direction to 4.99 eventually.

Tomb Raider went up from 9.99 to 14.99 for me. Which irritates me a little because I was waiting for the damn thing to move in the opposite direction to 4.99 eventually.
A few games did that the last sale time as well. I was with you in waiting for it to drop, but thankfully they added it to Gamepass.

Yes I didnt even look but it still shows $10 around me. They take some time to drop to $5 as I waited for Mafia 3 for a little while.

Just started Tomb Raider yesterday and my first time playing the series. Game plays like a movie.

I saw someone using propylene alcohol instead of Goo Gone. Has anyone tried this? Hair dryer worked pretty well with the ring, but the residue is a different story.

Hair dryer works really well and actually gets most of the residue. For anything remaining, I use a cotton swab with a dab of GooGone.

I've traded this in at both multiple Gamestops and Best Buy and they never had an issue with the stickers...but once they did charge a refurb fee without even mentioning it so that was pretty messed up.

Heat gun and razor blade is best in my opinion, Hair driver isn't hot enough.
If you have a hot air station that will work best set it at the lowest temperature normally 100 degrees heat up the sticker and it will pull off after you get a corner of it up

For those who have traded at GS without the case, do you just carry the disc in or put it in a cd sleeve or other protection?
I just carry them in stacked. I don't worry much about scratching PS4 and X! disks as long as they're not sliding around in the car, you should be fine.

Those PS4 discs are so temperamental. I’ve had no issues getting the sticker and residue off of Xbox One discs, but I applied just a little heat with a blow dryer to a PS4 disc and the paint peeled off with the sticker. I went a step further and applied a little rubbing alcohol to the PS4 disc, and the paint rubbed off just by my finger touching it.

Cheap game so no worries, but I question the quality of PS4 games a little more now.

Those PS4 discs are so temperamental. I’ve had no issues getting the sticker and residue off of Xbox One discs, but I applied just a little heat with a blow dryer to a PS4 disc and the paint peeled off with the sticker. I went a step further and applied a little rubbing alcohol to the PS4 disc, and the paint rubbed off just by my finger touching it.

Cheap game so no worries, but I question the quality of PS4 games a little more now.
If they didn't carry the art all the way to the center of the disc it wouldn't be a problem.

Already they are selling Metal Gear Survive?

Looks like some other games got a markup as well. I saw:

Dark Souls III (XB1) 4.99 -> 9.99

DOOM (PS4) 4.99 -> 9.99

Couldn't find many other games, but there may be some more price increases

bread's done
Back