• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a text saying there's a spring break sale on pre-owned games and movies... so far the prices are still $14.99 for the games that were $9.99 a few days ago lol.

Blu-rays usually in good condition? Never bought movies from redbox.
They're getting rented more than games so they're exchanging hands a bit more, but of the two movies I've bought and several dozen I've rented, I've never had one that wouldn't play. It definitely helps that Blu-ray discs are a bit harder to scratch than DVDs.

They're getting rented more than games so they're exchanging hands a bit more, but of the two movies I've bought and several dozen I've rented, I've never had one that wouldn't play. It definitely helps that Blu-ray discs are a bit harder to scratch than DVDs.
Blu rays are significantly harder to scratch. On the plus side with DVDs, they can be scratched quite significantly and still read perfectly fine. I have only seen a few blu rays with minor scratches before. Of the scratched blu rays I have come across, they all have problems reading even with scratches hardly visible to the eye. A single scratch on a blu ray is pretty much a death sentence for the media on the disk from my experience.

Agreed. I would say they're substantially harder to scratch.

I concur. They are absolutely harder to scratch.

Went to use some of my Redbox Perk points tonight from buying games (had 25k+) and it's saying I have 0. Still shows the game transactions in my account, anybody else have this problem?

They banned one of my accounts from buying so many games. They keep saying there’s an investigation as to why it is not in good standing but oh well

They banned one of my accounts from buying so many games. They keep saying there’s an investigation as to why it is not in good standing but oh well
Did you try adding another card to the acct? I've had like 5 credit cards killed that will say not in good standing but it doesn't affect the acct, just the ability to use that card. It's because there are too many auths on the acct and as a result one gets refused.

All of my points are there, only have 1500. All from purchases except for 2 rentals I've done before that were free. Not sure if I got points from that. I've purchased a decent amount of games, but haven't gone crazy.

Anybody see the walk up theater email from RB, pretty funny! See how many bite. They should have done a walk up gaming console also.

I saw the title of the email and just thought it was their cute way of nicknaming their kiosk. Now that I click on it I realize it’s an April fools joke. They didn’t fool me with the whole “walk up theater” bit, but the did fool me into thinking there would be a free rental code in my email :(

Might want to check the RB kiosks in your area.  Mine got restocked with more $5 copies of Dark Souls 3, Agents of Mayhem & Mafia 3.  The first two were for PS4, while Mafia 3 was the XB1 version. 

Also, the games did not show up on their locator on Redbox's website.  I just checked at a few stores I went to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to check the RB kiosks in your area. Mine got restocked with more $5 copies of Dark Souls 3, Agents of Mayhem & Mafia 3. The first two were for PS4, while Mafia 3 was the XB1 version.

Also, the games did not show up on their locator on Redbox's website. I just checked at a few stores I went to.
Thanks for the heads up! Now if some of these other games would come back down in price...

Might want to check the RB kiosks in your area. Mine got restocked with more $5 copies of Dark Souls 3, Agents of Mayhem & Mafia 3. The first two were for PS4, while Mafia 3 was the XB1 version.

Also, the games did not show up on their locator on Redbox's website. I just checked at a few stores I went to.
Dark Souls jumped to $9.99 for me, but thanks for the Mafia heads up.

Is there any timing to when these games drop in price? Or is it random? 

Really hoping Lego Star Wars: TFA drops to $5 soon, There is only a couple near me, Hoping they'd want to clear them out soon. 

Games are still at the raised prices around me.  

Sstew, like knights said, they often have a sale around a holiday.  For a while they had some drops or sales about once a month, but that has dried up.  It did often happen towards the end of the month, but that seemed to change the last several months with more randomness involved.

Dang. I've really been wanting Tomb Raider and that is a great price. None any where remotely close to me though. If anyone can get an extra or wants to trade it away when they finish pm me

bread's done
Back