• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some sort of system flag for multiple trades of the same copy of game if you space out the trade (1/day)? There are a ton of Dishonored copies in my area and double my money with some patience is fine with me.
Where is the trade value for Dishonored 2 for ~$10?

Star Wars BF II main campaign is well worth under $10.  Surprised me how much fun it is and the story is really good.

From what I played so far I agree...BUT, the checkpoints are HORRIBLE. This is 2018, every game should have a "save whenever" option or waaaaay better checkpoints.

Star Wars BF II main campaign is well worth under $10. Surprised me how much fun it is and the story is really good.

Some deals as of today for :xb1: :ps4::

Friday the 13th the Game                         $9.99 

Sonic Mania Plus for                                 $9.99

We Happy Few                                       $14.99

MLB the Show 18                                     $9.99

Far Cry 5                                                $19.99

Monster Energy AMA Supercross           $17.99

South Park: The Fractured But Whole      $14.99

Mega Man 11                                             $14.99

Friday the 13th the Game $9.99

Sonic Mania Plus for $9.99

We Happy Few $14.99

MLB the Show 18 $9.99

Far Cry 5 $19.99

Monster Energy AMA Supercross $17.99

South Park: The Fractured But Whole $14.99

Mega Man 11 $14.99
Not bad but disc only I want them for $5 lol

Friday the 13th the Game $9.99

Sonic Mania Plus for $9.99

We Happy Few $14.99

MLB the Show 18 $9.99

Far Cry 5 $19.99

Monster Energy AMA Supercross $17.99

South Park: The Fractured But Whole $14.99

Mega Man 11 $14.99
Thanks, might grab sonic mania plus

I feel ya on that. I don't buy Red Box games often, but when I do it's to flip for more in trade credit at Gamestop, but the prices rarely make that an option.
Nowadays. Back a year or two ago, Redbox to GS flips when they had their 50% TIV bonuses were crazy good

I feel ya on that. I don't buy Red Box games often, but when I do it's to flip for more in trade credit at Gamestop, but the prices rarely make that an option.
Sadly every GS in my area has a published policy that they will not accept RedBox games. Shady people renting and trading/selling ruining it for err'body.

I have Sonic Mania vanilla on PC, but I'm considering getting Plus for that price. ..But then I'd also like to get the special edition with the physical goodies.

Back a year or two ago, Redbox to GS flips when they had their 50% TIV bonuses were crazy good
For real. This is how I built up credit and got my PS4 Slim for next to nothing (it was also $150 and came with a $50 gift card).

Is there some sort of system flag for multiple trades of the same copy of game if you space out the trade (1/day)? There are a ton of Dishonored copies in my area and double my money with some patience is fine with me.
Didn't see anyone reply but I recall it used to be 3 copies of a game per system within a set period of like 30/45/60 days. Once the 4th copy of the same game/same system would hit I think it was flagged or auto-banned. (I don't know from experience because there's 5-8 Gamestops within 5-15 mins of each other, so I would just space it out).

As others have said - the TIV bonuses also decreased to make it not as worth it for my time + money invested.

Yeah, the good ol' days when Red Box flips were worth doing, GCU was alive and kicking, and Toys 'R' Us was still around.
Then PS Plus raised prices and cut PS3 games, and Amazon continues to raise Prime price and drop gamer discounts. It feels like a whole lot of companies are cutting back on customer benefits. Honestly I feel like I wouldn't mind checking out of the gaming scene and making do with what I already have.

Sadly every GS in my area has a published policy that they will not accept RedBox games. Shady people renting and trading/selling ruining it for err'body.
30 seconds with a hair dryer and that redbox sticker will come right off. Now it's a disc only game, not a redbox one. Just be careful on PS4 games that you don't noticeably scratch the art on the top of the disc; they seem to be more finicky than xbox1 disc art.

30 seconds with a hair dryer and that redbox sticker will come right off. Now it's a disc only game, not a redbox one. Just be careful on PS4 games that you don't noticeably scratch the art on the top of the disc; they seem to be more finicky than xbox1 disc art.
I think only the fist time I tried the hair dryer approach on a PS4 disc, it worked. Every other time after that, there has been some damage to the artwork. Now bear in mind that there is no data on the disc under the sticker so the game should still work, but some stores won't budge.

I traded in a PS4 Transformers: Devastation with the "Rental" text all over the disc and with the center part of the art all screwed up at a GS once, and I took that as a good time to stop trying to remove the sticker. :)

I think only the fist time I tried the hair dryer approach on a PS4 disc, it worked. Every other time after that, there has been some damage to the artwork. Now bear in mind that there is no data on the disc under the sticker so the game should still work, but some stores won't budge.

I traded in a PS4 Transformers: Devastation with the "Rental" text all over the disc and with the center part of the art all screwed up at a GS once, and I took that as a good time to stop trying to remove the sticker. :)
I've messed it up a few times myself. Go really really slow. Work from inner section near ring out. Apply more heat as needed; dont try to do the whole sticker at once.

Weird situation today. Bought a copy of Sonic Mania at one Redbox and was going to get more copies and Friday the 13th to trade to GS and my card kept getting rejected (said not eligible to buy games with it). I ended up trying two debit cards and two credit cards from three different banks and none of them worked. Anyone ever had an issue like that?

Weird situation today. Bought a copy of Sonic Mania at one Redbox and was going to get more copies and Friday the 13th to trade to GS and my card kept getting rejected (said not eligible to buy games with it). I ended up trying two debit cards and two credit cards from three different banks and none of them worked. Anyone ever had an issue like that?
Yeah I got banned on one of my accounts back in flipageddon, not sure why. I had one machine that had a bunch of paper discs and reported it. That’s probably it.

Yeah I got banned on one of my accounts back in flipageddon, not sure why. I had one machine that had a bunch of paper discs and reported it. That’s probably it.
I've had my AmEx work and then not work and then work and now it currently isn't working again. I've not run into any paper discs but I've had lots of activity in a short amount of time, but that's been forever.

I'm limited to 2 game purchases per credit card per day from Redbox now. It's been this way for about 1 year for me.

If you don't have a hair dryer, there's another trick that worked pretty well for me just now. Take some really hot water and dab a small part of a rag or other cloth in it. Set the disc down so the ring is on the wet part of the cloth (face up), and leave it there while you remove the sticker. As long as you have patience and don't rush it, it'll come off in a few pieces.

Well here’s a new one, “your card not approved for game rentals”

On 3 different cards. All different banks. But one of them worked for one sonic plus...weird.

Sounds a lot like my issue. An addendum: I went to another Redbox today and was able to grab Sonic Mania so my issue went away — today at least.

Was just about to post the same thing.

Used the same debit card before for both movie and game rentals and purchases

Google no help , closest guess was a block on debits for rentals because they’d be scammed, yet I was trying to do a purchase.

TFW black dudes don't have hair dryers
(looks on shelf) - sees hair dryer

(looks in mirror) - sees black dude

Questions self - "Is the quote erroneous or is someone else here in my bedroom?"

The hair dryer was bought solely for the purpose of electronic repairs :)

Story time.

I tried to reserve some games on my Redbox account this morning. I got the "this card cannot be used for games" response, so I decided to just go to the box itself for the purchase. The box rejected my first card, which is linked to a Redbox account. It rejected my second card, which is linked to a Redbox account. It rejected my third card, which has never been used at a Redbox before.

I called Redbox and explained that my card is working fine and I have received no fraud alerts. They told me that, on their end, everything looked ok, so I needed to call my bank. I then received fraud alerts on all of my cards after attempting to make the purchase multiple times.

I called my bank and had the fraud alerts lifted. They told me there shouldn't be any problem to make the purchase, so with a representative of the bank on the phone, I tried again but the purchase was rejected. They said to call Redbox.

I called Redbox and explained everything up to this point. The rep said that the purchases were rejected because they were rejected (I didn't want to call him out on repeating himself) and then said that I needed to call my bank. I reiterated that I had just told him that. He told me to try again in 24 hours, so I let him know that I only wanted to make this purchase today and it was a lost sale if not a lost customer.

I'm sitting on $150 in pending charges from Redbox, which I'm sure will get canceled in the end, but I wasted a lot of time trying to make this work. I've been a loyal customer for years and don't appreciate that CS couldn't help me.

tl;dr: Redbox CS doesn't seem to understand why cards are being rejected

Back when Blops 3 or WWII launched and there were crazy good RB -> GS flips my bank card was rejected too and it was for potential fraud. Your bank should have been able to help you out. Not much RB can do if your bank is denying the charges.

Back when Blops 3 or WWII launched and there were crazy good RB -> GS flips my bank card was rejected too and it was for potential fraud. Your bank should have been able to help you out. Not much RB can do if your bank is denying the charges.
Even after my bank releasing the fraud stuff, the transactions still wouldn't go through on any card. My guess is that RB has some fraud system in place that flags cards for some period of time.

Even after my bank releasing the fraud stuff, the transactions still wouldn't go through on any card. My guess is that RB has some fraud system in place that flags cards for some period of time.
Call your bank and say you “lost” your card so you get a new card number. If I report my Discover card “lost” by 4pm I can have new card with new account number in my hands by 8am via FedEx Overnight morning delivery for free. While I am on the phone with them my Samsung Pay on my phone and Gear S3 and Apple Pay on my iPad and iPhone SE will update with the new account number so I can shop like before except no online transactions on websites that don’t support Apple Pay. Also you can’t use Samsung Pay at Redbox since that requires reoccurring billing which Samsung Pay doesn’t do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thing is it’s doing this with all sorts of banks/cards. I was rejected with cards from three different banks so it’s a Redbox problem not a bank problem.

Call your bank and say you “lost” your card so you get a new card number. If I report my Discover card “lost” by 4pm I can have new card with new account number in my hands by 8am via FedEx Overnight morning delivery for free. While I am on the phone with them my Samsung Pay on my phone and Gear S3 and Apple Pay on my iPad and iPhone SE will update with the new account number so I can shop like before except no online transactions on websites that don’t support Apple Pay. Also you can’t use Samsung Pay at Redbox since that requires reoccurring billing which Samsung Pay doesn’t do.
I might have tried this kind of thing but the experience was too frustrating to mess with at that point

Thing is it’s doing this with all sorts of banks/cards. I was rejected with cards from three different banks so it’s a Redbox problem not a bank problem.
I don't understand why they're rejecting cards I've never used at RB before. I wasn't even logging into my account when attempting to purchase.

This is mostly off topic, but I was at the store a moment ago and saw that Totino's pizza rolls have a code on the back of the bag for a free movie rental.

Oh, you sweet naive fools.

Crew 2 is on sale for $14.99 for xbox one and PS4

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 is $12.99

Never played Kingdom Hearts so it seems tempting for $12.99

That's a steal for 1.5+2.5. That's four games and cutscene compilations from two other games.

It doesn't have 0.2, that can be gotten for pretty cheap; you could get both of those for around the same price as The Story So Far, which has all of the above. If you're looking to try the series though, this is a great price.

That's a steal for 1.5+2.5. That's four games and cutscene compilations from two other games.

It doesn't have 0.2, that can be gotten for pretty cheap; you could get both of those for around the same price as The Story So Far, which has all of the above. If you're looking to try the series though, this is a great price.
That's like 60 hours worth of games right there, and that's only if you play the good ones. Definitely a steal with that price.

bread's done
Back