RedBox Instant Beta Signup

[quote name='Extern']I used that code too. Hmm maybe its multi-use.[/QUOTE]

It let me look at what's available after using the code, but I didn't find anything that I wanted to watch. Until they get a lot more content, I'll stick with cheaper and better Netflix. Also using free codes from Redbox that they give out way too often.

[quote name='Extern']I used that code too. Hmm maybe its multi-use.[/QUOTE]

I used that code to, But it wants me to put a cc number when i try to watch a movie. Says it needs cc to start your free 1 month trail. All this to test a beta? No thanks.

[quote name='the indianbeast']Here's one:

ypbur3yk[/QUOTE]

DEAD
You have reached the maximum number of devices for this access code. You can’t add any more devices until the trial is complete. In the meantime, you can continue to use the service with your registered devices.

Finally got my code today. Tried it out tonight and was not very impressed. I only have DSL, and my speeds definitely leave something to be desired, but I could barely get the movie to play, much less with anything close to smooth. I never had this bad of an experience when I used Netflix previously. And as others have said, the selection of movies, while not terrible, is definitely nothing exciting.

I will most likely cancel once I use up the free rentals.

I haven't been a member of Netflix in quite a while. For those that are, how is the movie selection nowadays? I left because new releases took FOREVER to come out, and the backlog selection was always meh at best. Still, it might be worth revisiting if it's improved.

Got my code, tried it out.. the movies loaded up quickly and played smoothly.

The movie selection, however, is beyond terrible

Got the code. But the movie selection is really bad.

If you already use Netflix to stream movies its really not worth it.

[quote name='crazyivan19']Finally got my code today. Tried it out tonight and was not very impressed. I only have DSL, and my speeds definitely leave something to be desired, but I could barely get the movie to play, much less with anything close to smooth. I never had this bad of an experience when I used Netflix previously. And as others have said, the selection of movies, while not terrible, is definitely nothing exciting.

I will most likely cancel once I use up the free rentals.

I haven't been a member of Netflix in quite a while. For those that are, how is the movie selection nowadays? I left because new releases took FOREVER to come out, and the backlog selection was always meh at best. Still, it might be worth revisiting if it's improved.[/QUOTE]

I like the Netflix movie list. I have a nack for finding covered gems I like.

I got mine today too, and I'm about to cancel my account. Major letdown, especially since I already have Hulu and Netflix. Does anyone know if the four free rentals are physical or digital rentals? The help section, when you click on that section just says:

This answer is no longer available.

WOOOOOW! anything free is great, but once the free month is over so is my sub. THEY NEED TO PUT a bunch of big names on there or its just 1/4 of netflix minus the big name movies.

What the hell... I'm already signed up and have an account, but now anytime I try to get in to my account, it takes me to the beta sign-up page with no login option. I should've just cancelled right after realizing how bad it sucks vs netflix/hulu.

EDIT: Nevermind. You need to use your access code to get into the login screen. Good thing I didn't delete that email... :roll:

[quote name='sp00ge']What the hell... I'm already signed up and have an account, but now anytime I try to get in to my account, it takes me to the beta sign-up page with no login option. I should've just cancelled right after realizing how bad it sucks vs netflix/hulu.

EDIT: Nevermind. You need to use your access code to get into the login screen. Good thing I didn't delete that email... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kind of annoying you have to enter the access code each time.

They are now sending out codes via e-mail to download the Xbox 360 app if you are in the beta. :)

Also, if you are in the beta you should check out the website http://www.joinredheadnation.com

You can get free DVD rental codes or other prizes by figuring out movie puzzles. Very easy.

So these "4 free rental credits!!!1!" for signing up on the trial month...are they for the kiosk or for digital rentals? If they're for the kiosk how do I use them? I've wanted to watch Expendables 2 with my wife for a while now and I could rent it either way.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']So these "4 free rental credits!!!1!" for signing up on the trial month...are they for the kiosk or for digital rentals? If they're for the kiosk how do I use them? I've wanted to watch Expendables 2 with my wife for a while now and I could rent it either way.[/QUOTE]

I think you can use them when you reserve a movie online. When you add to cart and go to check out, there's an option to use your credits. I got that far, but I changed my mind and never finished the reservation, so I can't give 100% confirmation.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']So these "4 free rental credits!!!1!" for signing up on the trial month...are they for the kiosk or for digital rentals? If they're for the kiosk how do I use them? I've wanted to watch Expendables 2 with my wife for a while now and I could rent it either way.[/QUOTE]
they only work when you rent from the kiosk

Alright, thanks! There's a kiosk next to me that has it so I'll just do a reservation tomorrow.

Even though it's still in beta the streaming selection is pretty atrocious. I do like that you can do a $6/mo option for streaming only...might be worth it if/when they flesh out the library.

[quote name='dano1mark1']Anyone have a spare xbox code I have redbox instant but never got a xbox code[/QUOTE]

Just go to the redbox instant website and chat with a customer service member. That's how I got a code.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Haven't seen it answered in the thread...do the DVD credits count towards video game rentals?[/QUOTE]

They do not.

bread's done
Back