Redbox Raising Game DVD and Blu-ray prices

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Got an email today letting me know Redbox is raising their prices.

Dec 2nd DVDs and Blu-ray will be raised to $1.50 and $2.00 a night.

Jan 6th Games will now cost $3 a night. (Hopefully it at least means more new gen games)

Well this was bound to happen and the email states that it is only the 2nd price increase in 12 years but one has to think the lack of competition from brick and mortar stores will only mean more increases potentially in the future.

Got an email today letting me know Redbox is raising their prices.

Dec 2nd DVDs and Blu-ray will be raised to $1.50 and $2.00 a night.

Jan 6th Games will now cost $3 a night. (Hopefully it at least means more new gen games)

Well this was bound to happen and the email states that it is only the 2nd price increase in 12 years but one has to think the lack of competition from brick and mortar stores will only mean more increases potentially in the future.
3 bucks a night for games, Its been awhile but how much do games cost to rent. I know the 3ds games are 6 bucks for a week . 3 bucks a night is insane

$3 is insane for 1 day when hastings has them for $7 for 7 days although, not everyone has hastings around. I wonder if this has to do anything with people stealing their discs. Also, I usually only pay 20 cents for blu rays with all the coupons they keep sending out.

$3 is insane for 1 day when hastings has them for $7 for 7 days although, not everyone has hastings around. I wonder if this has to do anything with people stealing their discs. Also, I usually only pay 20 cents for blu rays with all the coupons they keep sending out.
i remember when hastings had movies 7 days for 2 bucks. sadly all of our hastings closed up 20 + years ago

The movie prices are still fair, a 50% increase to $3 a day for games is asinine and pretty much cost prohibitive now.  It was nice being able to play through all of Last of Us and South Park for like $6, oh well..

bread's done
Back