Reduced price game guides, all stores. Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

floormat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3-17-07 Here should be most of the information that anyone would need in acquiring guides. please read ALL the information below before asking questions. most question are answered below. Again thank you 6669 for all your contributions to this thread and web site.

My wifes web site - Nice jewelry good prices.

www.ladieslovejewelry.com

For hopefully the latestest most current up to date guide drops please refer to the

"CAG Strategy Guide WIKI page"

recent drop section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(recent_drops)

master list section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(master_lists)

they will be filetered from the thread posts to the WIKI page as often as possible. Thank you for your contribution.

Listed in the wiki is the most up to date compiled list of all known guide deals from the posts of this thread and similar threads. I will update the wikis lists as people post new guide deals. Everything listed in this thread “should” be the price listed or lower. These prices are typically company wide price reductions and not YMMV. But just because the prices are typically universal does not mean that they are guaranteed to be sold to you. Most stores have a destroy clause with the guide companies. So whether or not you get these guides depend on many many factors from how diligent a staff is to how reasonable or friendly one is. Good luck on any you may find and good luck on acquiring them. Please dont have a fit if a store wont let you have them just move on. Causing trouble rarely gets guides and most of the time stops others from getting guides in your area. If anything is incorrect or missing please post so corrections can be made.

Now you can just cut, paste, print, and GO!!!

What is a Penny Guide:

To answer this question fully, one first has to understand the longstanding legal agreemenat which [book] publishers have with book sellers such as Borders, Barnes & Noble and other chain and Mom & Pop shops, as well as other retailers who similarly sell their books.

For several decades, publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Random House, et cetera will send out X-number of a title to stores to be sold. After a time, when it is decided that those older titles have little chance of selling and the store shelf real-estate would be better used for newer publications, they issue a recall to the vendors to field destroy all remaining copies of titles A, B & C.

The stores then will pull those titles from their inventory to be field-destroyed, and in their systems mark the publications as 1¢. The 1¢ price is to indicate to the publisher that they are no-longer selling the pulled title, and it is also to serve as a Red Flag to any cashier who might ring up a title (on the chance that the titles were not pulled as legally they were required).

When the pull lists are sent out by the publishers, and the stores adjust the price in their inventory (and pull and field-destroy the books), the stores also are to report to the publisher the number of the books they pulled. (This is generally done at a corporate level.) The publisher then credits the stores full cost of the books.

So lets say, MegaChain orders 8000 copies of the Bread Baker strategy guide for their stores in North America for say, $4 a piece. They owe $32,000 to Publisher X. Bread Baker being a big seller and a hard game, then sells 6000 of those 8000 guides, leaving around 2000 guides on the shelves when Publisher X issues the pull demand. Publisher X then issues MegaChain an $8000 credit for the 2000 unsold copies of the guide.

According to IAmTheCheapestGamer, some retailers also have deals where each copy of pulled titles sent to their recognized Recycling Centers are additionally issued further credit for being environmentally responsible in the manner in which they field destroy each book.

How you can help: You can keep a printed copy of this list in your jacket, wallet, purse whatever and when you go to any store that carries guides look for guides for games that have been out typically around six months or more and ask for a price check or better yet use a store scanner if they are available. If they are anything less than cover price write it down for us. Also please when you post the info here if it looks like it’s a temporary sale, please post that as well otherwise it will be assumed to a be a permanent price reduction. If you scan a guide and it comes up a different price that what the master lists suggests please list the day and store that you had the guide scanned. Also please list if you physically saw a self-scanner’s price, physically saw a cash registers price or vocally heard a price from the store’s staff. This might sound like a lot and of course we will take what we can get but this will go a long way to having the best master list as well as ferreting out different store practices and policy’s. All help is appreciated and thank you.

Trading: I spoke with the post office and found out that the cheapest form of mailing to the 48 contiguous states would be to use “media mail” It will take a little longer but it will also allow the least amount of money per transaction when trying to acquire guides for your collection. For an average guide weight of about 9 oz its $1.42 cents. All you need to do is put it in an envelope and ship it media mail. He mentioned no one should have a problem if you use the same envelope several times to cut down on costs. He also mentioned that when shipping Media mail that you cannot have any personal correspondence in the envelope. Only books and an invoice are acceptable. If trading is in you interest you do whatever is most comfortable for you and your trading party this was merely a FYI and a good way to keep it cheap.

Helpful links to check for reduced priced guides or guides in general. You will likely never find one cent guides here but various discounted guides and possibly some that you have been searching for.

Best Buy

Best Buy guide search

Circuit City

Circuit City guide search

EB Games

EB Games guide search

Gamestop (babages,software etc,funcoland)

Gamestop guide search

Overstock

Overstock guide search

Toys R Us (uhh best link I could find)

Toys R Us guide search

strategy-guides.net (another large site of guides)

strategy-guides.net guide search

bookpool (guides typically 45% off or so )

Book pool guide search

Looking for assistance: I am looking for some staff from Best Buy’s, EB’s, Gamestop’s and stores of the like. When EB Games or Gamestop has a price reduction their shelves can be empty in a day or two to even as little as just a few hours. EB and Gamestop have daily price changes so all depending on the store’s staff they could be all gone almost immediately. If I could get some staff that can either post here first thing any day that they have a price reduction on guides or that might be able to text message me with such price reductions so that I might be able to inform CAG’ers ASAP. Whether or not us the end user would actually be able to get them from a particular stores staff is very much an YMMV but if there is anyone who can help this would greatly increase the chance’s of CAG’ers being able to pick up guides from these locations. If anyone is interested and able to help please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you all for your consideration.

Thank you all for making CAG what it is and for all your contributions.

Disclaimer: This list is intended to help all guide hunters. Please feel free to print yourself a copy and get what you can find. Please do not post this list on another site. {e-mail me please if for some reason you would want to. [email protected]} Please just link to this thread, add to this list and help it grow. Thank you

all guides are now listed in the wiki please go there. thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc's feather
And the master Wiki is nice, but c'mon. It's a bitch to use. There isn't a gamestop in the nation that has a new copy of the Ape Escape 2 guide floating around. 80% of the stuff on there is just ancient, so it's usually better to just wade through this thread for up-to-the-date updates.

[quote name='6669']Then why not just use the recent drop list and be grateful?
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(recent_drops)[/QUOTE]

second'd

[quote name='6669']Then why not just use the recent drop list and be grateful?
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(recent_drops)[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that he's being ungrateful. I believe he's just saying he prefers the thread to the Wiki. I actually concur with him. It's not that I'm "ungrateful" for the Wiki either, I just prefer to search through the last few pages of this thread every so often to get my information.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I don't believe that he's being ungrateful. I believe he's just saying he prefers the thread to the Wiki. I actually concur with him. It's not that I'm "ungrateful" for the Wiki either, I just prefer to search through the last few pages of this thread every so often to get my information.[/QUOTE]

umm in case there is a misunderstanding the wiki is supposed to be a compilation of that. its basically the master list as well as the recent drop list except since it is not dependant on any one person and can be updated by all of us so that it has a higher chance to be up to date then the first posts of this thread.

he seemed to be saying that the "master list" was not needed and a mess. While it is more for archival it can come in quite handy depending on the location.

The "Recent drop list" is more for the in and out'er CAG. get the info and go.

6669 has just spent probably literally 24-36 hours updating these list. I know because even though I haven't been updating like I used to when I first compiled the master and recent drop list. I have put in several 4-6 hour sets scouring hundreds of posts. She just did more than a 1000 posts in addition to reformating and creating 2 new wiki sections as well as added more than a years worth of posts to the master list.

I am not frying anyone its just frustrating to see someone offer so much and then it come off as under appreciated. Between the Magazine thread and now what she has done here she has probably done more for Cag then most people. At the very least she would have to be in the top 10.

6669. Again thank you for all your help in this thread. I know you will make a great successor here and I do appreciate your contributions.

[quote name='floormat']umm in case there is a misunderstanding the wiki is supposed to be a compilation of that. its basically the master list as well as the recent drop list except since it is not dependant on any one person and can be updated by all of us so that it has a higher chance to be up to date then the first posts of this thread.

he seemed to be saying that the "master list" was not needed and a mess. While it is more for archival it can come in quite handy depending on the location.

6669 has just spent probably literally 24-36 hours updating these list. I know because even though I haven't been updating like I used to when I first compiled the master and recent drop list. I have put in several 4-6 hour sets scouring hundreds of posts. She just did more than a 1000 posts in addition to reformating and creating 2 new wiki sections as well as added more than a years worth of posts to the master list.

I am not frying anyone its just frustrating to see someone offer so much and then it come off as under appreciated. Between the Magazine thread and now what she has done here she has probably done more for Cag then most people. At the very least she would have to be in the top 10.

6669. Again thank you for all your help in this thread. I know you will make a great successor here and I do appreciate your contributions.[/QUOTE]

That's cool and the hard work is appreciated. If the poster was truly trying to be a jerk and diminish the hard work that it took, then I can understand the posts after him that were defensive. Hopefully, he was just saying that he prefers this, specific thread to the Wiki and meant no disrespect to its creator.

I just took it as him saying it's easier just to come here. The Wiki is a great resource and all, but I just like checking out this thread while I visit CAG simply because it's easier for me and it has helped me a lot in drops that have occured in the last 24 hours. I'm sure the Wiki is updated quite regularly, but this thread just helps me keep up-to-the-minute (literally, basically) on the drops. As we all know, if we aren't quick, then those guides are gone by the time we get in the store.

[quote name='floormat']umm in case there is a misunderstanding the wiki is supposed to be a compilation of that. its basically the master list as well as the recent drop list except since it is not dependant on any one person and can be updated by all of us so that it has a higher chance to be up to date then the first posts of this thread.

6669. Again thank you for all your help in this thread. I know you will make a great successor here and I do appreciate your contributions.[/QUOTE]
Thanks again, floormat. I dont post on CAG as often anymore, so I thought I'd use that extra time to make this site better. I'm getting used to people dissing me on this site, so I'm starting to get immune to it. Its just hard to please everyone here. Instead of hearing compliments after all that work, I only tend to hear criticism (a couple people showed their gratitude though). At least in the magazine thread, everyone is extremely grateful.
Now I hear people preferring to wade through all the "I got this guide, trade for that guide" posts and tradelists, to find the most recent drops. Hopefully the next thread will aim to please EVERYONE.

[quote name='6669']Hopefully the next thread will aim to please EVERYONE.[/quote]Word to the wise, 66. That will never happen. There's always someone who isn't happy.

And awesome work on the store list.

Pay no attention to the naysayers, 6669. Your hard work is very much appreciated. In fact, with all of the talk over the last couple of months of needing more moderators I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you've received (or will receive) an offer to be a mod. If you do get one, you have my full support (just as long as you don't start power-trippin';)).

Haven't been here for a while, ever since my golden EB been raided dry by someone (used to hold around 50-60 old penny guides + multiple copies of all the new ones) I've kinda gave up hunting...

I think you guys did an awesome job keeping that Wiki, definietly helps IMO... If you see things there that are "old", then skip read it, just like you can skip reading this post... If you don't like the list, why not make your own latest greatest list and keep it as your sig. that way others can benifit from it.

I'll have you know, my very first GS penny guide was an original "Final Fantasy VIII", found it in mid 2006! Think about how long it's been there waiting for me - an informed CAG newbie that got lucky because of selfless people like floormat etc who spend their personal time typing up fucken PhD thesis size lists of every freaken known penny guide in this universe... so there you go... even PSX guides are still on some GS shelf waiting for someone to grab them!

Good luck to all, keep up with the penny guide resuce missions!

Very true, my first penny guide was Silent Hill 4 after it had been pennied out for over 5 months. Subsequently I found a stash of guides later that were pennied out over 1.5 years ago.

Sadly, haven't seen anything like that since but it's nice to have a reference like the Wiki when you need it.

[quote name='guinaevere']Word to the wise, 66. That will never happen. There's always someone who isn't happy.

And awesome work on the store list.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='neocisco']Pay no attention to the naysayers, 6669. You're hard work is very much appreciated. In fact, with all of the talk over the last couple of months of needing more moderators I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you've received (or will receive) an offer to be a mod. If you do get one, you have my full support (just as long as you don't start power-trippin';)).[/QUOTE]
Thanks, to both of you :D

Thanks for the Master List 6669. I now keep a print out with me whenever I go to BB. Today I picked up Rise of Nations: ROL and Prey for a beautiful $.02. I appreciate it!

[quote name='neocisco']I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you've received (or will receive) an offer to be a mod. [/quote]I had been thinking the exact same thing.
smile_eager.gif

[quote name='Number83']I now keep a print out with me whenever I go to BB[/quote]Oh sure, do it the organized and professional way. Me, I'll continue to keep forty thousand little notes scattered in my purse which all have random game prices and strat guides with no note as to the store in which to look for 'em. It's much more exciting this way, as I never know if I found what I was looking for or not. :roll:

OK, I guess I am pegged as the guide guy at my local GS store, since I went in and re checked their shelf to find a virtually pristine DQH: Rocket Slime last night. The one clerk who used to be cool about selling or giving me penny guides was working, but I didn't wanna chance it.

Luckily, I had a friend with me, who went in and proceeded to come out with the guide FOR FREE. Something tells me I'm blackballed from this GS. LOL

Anyway, they also had a Harvest Moon Magical Melody guide there, but I wasn't sure if it was the right one. It looked like it was for 2 games. IS this the right guide that'd come up pennied? They also had TWO EQ 2: Desert Of Flames, which I swear was on this drop or an earlier one from GS. Am I right?

My luck is seriously running out at the GS stores for getting guides anymore I think. Sick part is, I checked RE Archives about 2-3 times in the last as many months and the only time I don't get to the store to check it, it pennies.

CRAP, then I guess I'll be going to my one local mall tomorrow n see if that same clerk will give me that one for gratis since they missed that one too.

And, I could've sworn Tales Of Legendia and Shadow Of The Collossus pennied at GS brand stores now too, since I had the two of them price checked earlier.

I stashed both in the event the kid out n out lied to me about them, so I can go back when the guy who usually gives me the guides is there.

Ok. I tried and went to the 4 EB/GS stores in Salem, OR area and they were proven yet again to be fuckin' asses.

Found a Megaman Battle Network 6 in one store and proceeded to checkout. The ass rang it up and it said a penny but he went to the guide rack back and forth twice to get a fuckin' SKU for a Kingdom Hearts guide and keyed that in, and gave me 20% off like he was doing a favor. Then confronted him about him switching another SKU and he straight out said he's not gonna sell it for a penny. I'm perfectly cool about not selling it for a penny but I was mad when he silently switched the SKU and tried to sell me the guide under another guide's price! fuckin' moron!

Then I found a gold mine in another store. About 15 different pennied guides plus multiple copies of some (probably about 20-30 in total), such as Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime, GTA, Grandia III, MGS3:S, Onimusha: DoD, Prey, Soul Calibur 3, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, Tales of LEgendia, VP:Lenneth, X-Men Legends 2, ... I only took 1 copy of each to the counter, and said they should be on clearance. The manager scanned each one and then called another store's manager about it. They said they couldn't sell it since the guides were supposed to be shipped back and destroyed and they had to account for the guides or else they could be considered stolen. Not sure how true it is about the latter.

I'm amazed that you guys were able to just walk out with dozen pennied guides with ease, as if your stores didn't care or had to account for them.

Anyway, enough ranting now. I wonder if anyone who got spare guides and is willing to help a poor CAG here for cost+shipping. I'm looking for:

Grandia III
Radiata Stories
Shadow of Colossus
Soul Calibur 3 / LE
Star Ocean 3
Suikoden IV, V, Tactics
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

[quote name='eau']Then I found a gold mine in another store. About 15 different pennied guides plus multiple copies of some (probably about 20-30 in total), I only took 1 copy of each to the counter, and said they should be on clearance. [/quote]
Big mistake, you can't hoard like that. Next time, try two or three guides then put on a face of surprise when the cashier rings them up for a penny. If the cashier refuses to sell them to you, say that you do not understand and that you really wanted those guides (if you really wanted them) and looked everywhere. There are some mean employees out there, but most of them are really nice. You have to be as friendly as possible. Then make a few trips the next couple of days to get the other guides.

I'm amazed that you guys were able to just walk out with dozen pennied guides with ease, as if your stores didn't care or had to account for them.
You have to be as friendly as possible. It also helps if you personally know the employees that work there ;). The way you wrote your message, you sounded like a very annoying customer.

I was as friendly and polite as possible, even when the moron silently switched the sku so that he didn't have to sell it for a penny (I think he was very mean since all he had to do was to tell the truth about not being allowed to sell these but to pull them off the shelf) I was acting calm and looked surprised the whole time. When I was at the other store, I was checking with the manager what their policy was regarding guides on clearance. She said she didn't understand the question. So I took a bunch of penny guides for her to check.

Anyway, if someone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Here are some of the latest "field destroy" guides from GC. I'm sorry if some of these have been posted. I tried searching,but couldn't find these on any list. I don't know all the mark downed ones, since I did not work that day. If anyone else that works at GC feel free to add more to the list. What I remember:
Ace Combat Zero (Brady)
Far Cry Instincts (Brady)
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows (Brady)
Matrix: Path of Neo (Brady)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (Brady)
Shining Force Neo (Brady)
Soul Calibur 3 LE (Brady)
http://www.bradygames.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0744006562&rl=1
Ultimate Spiderman (Brady)

[quote name='ctice44']Here are some of the latest "field destroy" guides from GC. I'm sorry if some of these have been posted. I tried searching,but couldn't find these on any list. I don't know all the mark downed ones, since I did not work that day. If anyone else that works at GC feel free to add more to the list. What I remember:
Ace Combat Zero (Brady)
Far Cry Instincts (Brady)
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows (Brady)
Matrix: Path of Neo (Brady)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (Brady)
Shining Force Neo (Brady)
Soul Calibur 3 LE (Brady)
http://www.bradygames.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0744006562&rl=1
Ultimate Spiderman (Brady)[/quote]

Xenosaga 2 LE
25 to Life
X-Men: The Official Game

[quote name='4tygames']Big mistake, you can't hoard like that. Next time, try two or three guides then put on a face of surprise when the cashier rings them up for a penny. If the cashier refuses to sell them to you, say that you do not understand and that you really wanted those guides (if you really wanted them) and looked everywhere. There are some mean employees out there, but most of them are really nice. You have to be as friendly as possible. Then make a few trips the next couple of days to get the other guides.

You have to be as friendly as possible. It also helps if you personally know the employees that work there ;). The way you wrote your message, you sounded like a very annoying customer.[/quote]

That doesn't EVER work for me. Then again, I simply say 'someone told me these guides are clearanced' and if they say they're full price I reiterate they're SUPPOSED to be clearanced. If I get some dickwad who wants to tow the company line, even though it's their friggin mistake because they didn't pull ALL the pennied guides and not sell or give me it, then I just say f it and leave.

I might've considered giving them a reserve for a crap game I don't want(which I can later cancel or switch to a game I DO WANT), if it meant I'd get the pennied guide(s) for either a cent or gratis for the reserve. But, after being lied to straight to my face so many times or told 'we can't sell or give this away under any circumstances', I just said f it and either they give me the guides for what they ring up or they can stick em.

It would seem though, that TRU is my best source for guides lately, with my massive haul last month of 10+ of each of Halo 2 and Half Life 2. And, that is peculiar, considering the lack of luck most have with TRU on here.

Best Buy is another decent source for guides for me, except for when that $10 off Prima guides sale happened and my local store didn't wanna sell them for .00.

Either way, I'm a hard line CAGer, who won't do extra bs just to get one or two guides that may languish forever on my TL. The way it is, I still have an assload of guides from when I was hoarding, so I shouldn't even be LOOKING for MORE guides. LOL

Rant over, but be forewarned 4tygames that not every EB/GS employee can be buttered up with kindness to give you guides or anything thats less than normal retail.

It seems to me like when they're inclined to let you have the guides it's generally all or nothing. If they won't let you have them all then you probably wouldn't have even gotten a couple of them.

So what is the GC policy on pennied guides? Varied responses like EBGS?

[quote name='4tygames']Big mistake, you can't hoard like that. .[/quote]

Disagree with this piece. I think it's a good idea to grab a TON of guides if you know they are a penny and you've scored guides at that particular EB/GS/BB/GC in the past since it's so YMMV on which stories will even let you pick them up.

It's a total gamble each time, unless you have buddies there, so you might as well try to grab what you can while you can since they sometimes pull anything that's left after you leave at like a EB/GS. Maybe not a BB but I've made the mistake of not grabbing the guides I wanted in the past only to to see them removed later that day.

I went out and got guides at 1 of 2 GS stores earlier. Not bad.

BUT then I went to 4 GC stores and at every store which had the pennied guides in plain view I walked away with what I wanted. No hassle. One store had me buy a pre-reserve (which seemed like it was worth it for 2 SCIII LE guides), that's it. GC rocks.

I'm going to update my TL w/ the few items I grabbed. Not much to add, but somebody please PM if you would trade me a Xenosaga II LE for something. :drool:

And I agree that getting guides is a total crapshoot. I got denied today at one of the stores I got stuff from several days ago. So frustratingly random.

I've got a friend who is a manager at my local EB, and he is the nicest guy when it comes to penny guides. He will pull all of the ones from his store for me, then if i want them, he'll call other EB's/gamestop and ask if they can hold their penny guide pull for me to just walk in and pick up, no tricks at all. Only problem with this recent pull, was I was not able to get alot of the more wanted guides such as the resident evil and xenosaga 2, but have about a dozen of others such as soul calibur 3 and suikoden tactics

See, I wish I knew someone like that, but aside from bsing about how I get my info, without out n out stating WHERE I get it from, I don't much talk to the GS employees in the local stores. At least I will say one thing, they stopped with that annoying 'greeting' of 'Any trades,etc,etc,yadda yadda' for now.

Either that or they don't say it to EVERYONE who comes into the store anymore, especially those walking in empty handed.

It is too bad that I seem to be 'pegged' or labeled as the guide guy anymore at most stores though.

At my bestbuy they don't care. I walk in and can take 40-50 guides out no problem. Now I can't get jack at gamestop or TRU which is where the trading comes in.

[quote name='Number83']Thanks for the Master List 6669. I now keep a print out with me whenever I go to BB. Today I picked up Rise of Nations: ROL and Prey for a beautiful $.02. I appreciate it![/QUOTE]
No problem, glad I could help.
[quote name='guinaevere']I had been thinking the exact same thing.
smile_eager.gif

Oh sure, do it the organized and professional way. Me, I'll continue to keep forty thousand little notes scattered in my purse which all have random game prices and strat guides with no note as to the store in which to look for 'em. It's much more exciting this way, as I never know if I found what I was looking for or not. :roll:[/QUOTE]
:lol: Thanx. Your method beats my b/f's "photographic memory" method, where he remembers them all, forgetting just one, every time.

Also, thanks ctice44 and scorch for the GC drops. I'm updating the wiki pages now.

[quote name='6669']No problem, glad I could help.

:lol: Thanx. Your method beats my b/f's "photographic memory" method, where he remembers them all, forgetting just one, every time.

Also, thanks ctice44 and scorch for the GC drops. I'm updating the wiki pages now.[/quote]

There's more, though. If it wasn't so cold, i'd head back and photocopy the list or something.. but i'm lazy and it's 22 degrees with a "feels like" of 8 degrees, so no offense, but screw that.

[quote name='Scorch']There's more, though. If it wasn't so cold, i'd head back and photocopy the list or something.. but i'm lazy and it's 22 degrees with a "feels like" of 8 degrees, so no offense, but screw that.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you can post the rest of that list the next time you can, I'll add it to the wikis as well. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "Thanks!", and please post it here whenever you get the chance. Try to stay warm! :cold:

LOL 6669, your bf sounds alot like me, except I usually get to a store having the entire list memorized and then, I have a brain fart and POOF. Then, I'm standing there going like 'What was pennied?'.

I absolutely hate that, but most times I just check this site before going out the door to check for guides, so I'm usually in a big rush and too lazy to print up any type of list.

Plus, I've found that if you come in with anything even half resembling a list, you get marked by employees as the guide person(if they catch you).

Speaking of guides, I have to check 2 of my local EB/GS stores tomorrow and hope like hell that the regular employees that kinda lemme get away with getting guides for free or .01 are there.

I'm looking for an Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams guide. I have several of the guides from the GS drop. If anybody can help, please PM me. Thanks.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I tried searching and didn't see these listed, but if they have been mentioned, I apologize.

Penny Guides at Best Buy:
Enchanted Arms
Xenosaga Episode III
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07 (I think it was Live, some basketball 07 guide)

[quote name='ToddG15']I tried searching and didn't see these listed, but if they have been mentioned, I apologize.

Enchanted Arms
Xenosaga Episode III
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07 (I think it was Live, some basketball 07 guide)[/QUOTE]

as in you bought them for a penny!? if so, Xeno 3 here I come!

[quote name='Zmonkay']as in you bought them for a penny!? if so, Xeno 3 here I come![/quote]
Yah, all those had .01 price tags on them. I bought Xenosaga 3 and Enchanted Arms and they rung up for .01 as well.

[quote name='ToddG15']I tried searching and didn't see these listed, but if they have been mentioned, I apologize.

Xenosaga Episode III
\[/quote]

Woah, XS3 for a penny? Have others confirmed this yet?

I'd trade an Enchanted Arms guide for XS3, if anyone's interested. ;)

Enchanted Arms
Xenosaga Episode III
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07 (I think it was Live, some basketball 07 guide)[/quote]

When did u buy these for a penny? I thought i checked NBA Live 07 yesterday and it rang up at regular price?

Enchanted Arms
Xenosaga Episode III
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07 (I think it was Live, some basketball 07 guide)[/quote]

Dang, you beat me to it. Picked up all the following for 0.01 each at BB today:

Enchanted Arms
Xenosaga III
Tomb Raider Legend
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07

[quote name='zodemere2k']When did u buy these for a penny? I thought i checked NBA Live 07 yesterday and it rang up at regular price?[/quote]
This morning. 01/29/07

[quote name='zodemere2k']When did u buy these for a penny? I thought i checked NBA Live 07 yesterday and it rang up at regular price?[/quote]Best Buy tends to drop guides on Mondays, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='zodemere2k']How did you know to price check those btw?[/quote]
I didn't know. They all had .01 price tags on them.

Crap. Looks like disappointment on the horizon, since most of my BB's have been tight-ass about penny guides for the most part. Only ones out of that list I'd want to find would be XS3 and FF7: DoC. Guess I'll have to go try a BB and see what I find.

I managed to pick up NP Final Fantasy 1/2 and Metroid Prime 2 guides the other day. Ironically, I went in to buy the MP2 guide at reg. price the same day and got really lucky.

I had a hunch that guides would be dropping to a penny today, and I searched high and low at work yesterday for some sort of notice or email or anything stating that there would be a guide drop, but i couldn't find a thing. I started employee-pricing a few guides because you can easilly tell what is about to drop because the employee price will be something like 10 cents before the guide is about to drop to a penny, but i only found a few PC games such as sid meier's railroad, warhammer 40k and company of heroes, but i didn't get the chance to check the console stuff. So there may be a possibility those 3 guides i listed for pc are a penny as well. I'm going into work tonight around 8 to check on a few things, so I will stop in and get a complete list if someone else doesn't first.

Add Superman Returns to the list of BB drops.

Saints Row rang up full price, even though I didn't see it on the web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back