Reduced price game guides, all stores. Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

floormat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3-17-07 Here should be most of the information that anyone would need in acquiring guides. please read ALL the information below before asking questions. most question are answered below. Again thank you 6669 for all your contributions to this thread and web site.

My wifes web site - Nice jewelry good prices.

www.ladieslovejewelry.com

For hopefully the latestest most current up to date guide drops please refer to the

"CAG Strategy Guide WIKI page"

recent drop section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(recent_drops)

master list section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(master_lists)

they will be filetered from the thread posts to the WIKI page as often as possible. Thank you for your contribution.

Listed in the wiki is the most up to date compiled list of all known guide deals from the posts of this thread and similar threads. I will update the wikis lists as people post new guide deals. Everything listed in this thread “should” be the price listed or lower. These prices are typically company wide price reductions and not YMMV. But just because the prices are typically universal does not mean that they are guaranteed to be sold to you. Most stores have a destroy clause with the guide companies. So whether or not you get these guides depend on many many factors from how diligent a staff is to how reasonable or friendly one is. Good luck on any you may find and good luck on acquiring them. Please dont have a fit if a store wont let you have them just move on. Causing trouble rarely gets guides and most of the time stops others from getting guides in your area. If anything is incorrect or missing please post so corrections can be made.

Now you can just cut, paste, print, and GO!!!

What is a Penny Guide:

To answer this question fully, one first has to understand the longstanding legal agreemenat which [book] publishers have with book sellers such as Borders, Barnes & Noble and other chain and Mom & Pop shops, as well as other retailers who similarly sell their books.

For several decades, publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Random House, et cetera will send out X-number of a title to stores to be sold. After a time, when it is decided that those older titles have little chance of selling and the store shelf real-estate would be better used for newer publications, they issue a recall to the vendors to field destroy all remaining copies of titles A, B & C.

The stores then will pull those titles from their inventory to be field-destroyed, and in their systems mark the publications as 1¢. The 1¢ price is to indicate to the publisher that they are no-longer selling the pulled title, and it is also to serve as a Red Flag to any cashier who might ring up a title (on the chance that the titles were not pulled as legally they were required).

When the pull lists are sent out by the publishers, and the stores adjust the price in their inventory (and pull and field-destroy the books), the stores also are to report to the publisher the number of the books they pulled. (This is generally done at a corporate level.) The publisher then credits the stores full cost of the books.

So lets say, MegaChain orders 8000 copies of the Bread Baker strategy guide for their stores in North America for say, $4 a piece. They owe $32,000 to Publisher X. Bread Baker being a big seller and a hard game, then sells 6000 of those 8000 guides, leaving around 2000 guides on the shelves when Publisher X issues the pull demand. Publisher X then issues MegaChain an $8000 credit for the 2000 unsold copies of the guide.

According to IAmTheCheapestGamer, some retailers also have deals where each copy of pulled titles sent to their recognized Recycling Centers are additionally issued further credit for being environmentally responsible in the manner in which they field destroy each book.

How you can help: You can keep a printed copy of this list in your jacket, wallet, purse whatever and when you go to any store that carries guides look for guides for games that have been out typically around six months or more and ask for a price check or better yet use a store scanner if they are available. If they are anything less than cover price write it down for us. Also please when you post the info here if it looks like it’s a temporary sale, please post that as well otherwise it will be assumed to a be a permanent price reduction. If you scan a guide and it comes up a different price that what the master lists suggests please list the day and store that you had the guide scanned. Also please list if you physically saw a self-scanner’s price, physically saw a cash registers price or vocally heard a price from the store’s staff. This might sound like a lot and of course we will take what we can get but this will go a long way to having the best master list as well as ferreting out different store practices and policy’s. All help is appreciated and thank you.

Trading: I spoke with the post office and found out that the cheapest form of mailing to the 48 contiguous states would be to use “media mail” It will take a little longer but it will also allow the least amount of money per transaction when trying to acquire guides for your collection. For an average guide weight of about 9 oz its $1.42 cents. All you need to do is put it in an envelope and ship it media mail. He mentioned no one should have a problem if you use the same envelope several times to cut down on costs. He also mentioned that when shipping Media mail that you cannot have any personal correspondence in the envelope. Only books and an invoice are acceptable. If trading is in you interest you do whatever is most comfortable for you and your trading party this was merely a FYI and a good way to keep it cheap.

Helpful links to check for reduced priced guides or guides in general. You will likely never find one cent guides here but various discounted guides and possibly some that you have been searching for.

Best Buy

Best Buy guide search

Circuit City

Circuit City guide search

EB Games

EB Games guide search

Gamestop (babages,software etc,funcoland)

Gamestop guide search

Overstock

Overstock guide search

Toys R Us (uhh best link I could find)

Toys R Us guide search

strategy-guides.net (another large site of guides)

strategy-guides.net guide search

bookpool (guides typically 45% off or so )

Book pool guide search

Looking for assistance: I am looking for some staff from Best Buy’s, EB’s, Gamestop’s and stores of the like. When EB Games or Gamestop has a price reduction their shelves can be empty in a day or two to even as little as just a few hours. EB and Gamestop have daily price changes so all depending on the store’s staff they could be all gone almost immediately. If I could get some staff that can either post here first thing any day that they have a price reduction on guides or that might be able to text message me with such price reductions so that I might be able to inform CAG’ers ASAP. Whether or not us the end user would actually be able to get them from a particular stores staff is very much an YMMV but if there is anyone who can help this would greatly increase the chance’s of CAG’ers being able to pick up guides from these locations. If anyone is interested and able to help please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you all for your consideration.

Thank you all for making CAG what it is and for all your contributions.

Disclaimer: This list is intended to help all guide hunters. Please feel free to print yourself a copy and get what you can find. Please do not post this list on another site. {e-mail me please if for some reason you would want to. [email protected]} Please just link to this thread, add to this list and help it grow. Thank you

all guides are now listed in the wiki please go there. thank you.

[quote name='boyboy1080']yeah i think it was zodmere2k that mainly did it. i got a lot of useful information from IAmTheCheapestAssGamer about the pennied guides[/quote]

Not to get too off-topic but Z2K was the primary offender and IATCG did help fan the flames. IATCG has given useful info in the past but I guess he needed to be reined in some. That's over with now, though, so hopefully IATCG took some Ritalin;) and will be mellowed when he comes back. Z2K, well...

Back on-topic, I'll be surprised if we see any drops on Monday at BB since we seem to have gotten it early. I think it will be quite a while before we see any at GS again. Here's hopin' though.

[quote name='mrluckypants']Does anyone have an extra Ocarina of Time or Zelda: Collectors edition they will sell me?[/quote]

PM me an offer for Zelda: OoT.

tru likely sometime before the 15 and then this thread will be dead till late april or late may likely. alas and Tru is a guide graveyard for me. oh well...

[quote name='floormat']tru likely sometime before the 15 and then this thread will be dead till late april or late may likely. alas and Tru is a guide graveyard for me. oh well...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will probably have another one in mid to late February. Maybe on President's Day. Likely candidates include Dead Rising, Lego Star Wars 2... really anything more than 3 or 4 months old that's not KH2 or FFXII.

I GOT MY FIRST GUIDE TONIGHT. Thanks for the complete list, whoever compiled it. I got it from an EB about 40 minutes from my house. I figured I was going down that way ANYWAY, so might as well check the shopping centers out. I found this little EB Games where they had the guides in one central location and I found out they had some really old guides too, since I checked the list in the wiki before going.

Bad part is though, they only let me grab the guide for Just Cause and said they couldn't give me anymore. :'( It's sad really, because there were about 20 more guides there that were pennied, everything from Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion to NSMB. The one clerk of the three on duty was checking the rest of the guides as I left. I shed a silent tear for all the paper wasted at this store that was going to be dumpster fodder soon.

[quote name='Josef']Best Buy will probably have another one in mid to late February. Maybe on President's Day. Likely candidates include Dead Rising, Lego Star Wars 2... really anything more than 3 or 4 months old that's not KH2 or FFXII.[/QUOTE]

Saint's Row perhaps, and I'm speculating that Red Steel will be the first Wii penny guide at BB, there seem to be lots of them there, and they ain't sellin'

It seems that everyone has been doing well finding guides at best buy on this drop and successfully making it out of stores with them. I went into work this morning and there was a bulletin saying that all the guides that dropped will be pulled the 5th, but have been discounted to a penny for a week for us all to benefit. Not sure why they did it this way,but this is the reason why everyone has been having such good luck finding this drop at best buys. So warning to anyone that hasn't gotten out there and searched, today might be your last day, because finding the guides might be a bit harder after tomorow.

[quote name='Josef']Best Buy will probably have another one in mid to late February. Maybe on President's Day. Likely candidates include Dead Rising, Lego Star Wars 2... really anything more than 3 or 4 months old that's not KH2 or FFXII.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for Bully. Was kinda surprised it wasn't dropped this last time.

[quote name='vahn401']It seems that everyone has been doing well finding guides at best buy on this drop and successfully making it out of stores with them. I went into work this morning and there was a bulletin saying that all the guides that dropped will be pulled the 5th, but have been discounted to a penny for a week for us all to benefit. Not sure why they did it this way,but this is the reason why everyone has been having such good luck finding this drop at best buys. So warning to anyone that hasn't gotten out there and searched, today might be your last day, because finding the guides might be a bit harder after tomorow.[/quote]

Thanks for the post my man, wonder why then some BB have different policies. I've got 3 BB in my area, one always has mass guides, the other will usually have some but the last one is always empty (i think because they pull them)?

Score! from EB.

SoulCalibur III x3
SoulCalibur III(Limited Ediition)(Sealed) x2
Atelier Iris 2
Star Wars Galaxies x2
EverQuest II Atlas x6
EverQuest II Kingdom of Sky x4
Half-Life 2 x2
Devil May Cry 3(sealed)
Black x2
MegaMan2x x2
Halo 2(sealed) x2
Socom 3 US Navy Seals(Sealed) x2
Harvest Moon x2
Fable x2
Alter Code F
Kameo
Shadow of the Colossus x2
The Sims 2
The Sims 2(University)
The Sims 2(nightlife) x3
Dark Messiah
Drakengard
Megaman 6 x2
Test Drive
Wild Arms 4 x2
Zelda Four Swords Adventures x2
Grand Theft Auto San Angreas
Shadow The Hedgehog x2
Grandia III
StarOcean

and then there is the guides I got at Best Buy.

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories x3
Xenosaga III x2
Company of Heroes x2
Neverwinter Night 2 World Editor Guide
StrongHold Legends x4
Sid Meier's RailRoads x5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 x2
NBA Live 07
The GodFather x3
Socom FireTeam Bravo 2 x3
SuperMan Returns
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories x5

Well, its my largest score by far and my only one I have ever had at EB. They were very nice about it and said "take as many as I would like".

Gamestop in my Area had a Absolute TON of pennied out guides....the manager looked at me and told me I was taking advantage of the store and refused to sell them to me because he would be fired. Long story short he finally let me have quite a few....he told me I couldnt have any doubles. Werent they supposed to get them off the shelf???? Still think I shouldve left there with about 30 guides!!!!!!

i went to a store to trade some in and the guy behind the coounter said some manager from eb was in there and traded in like 30 off them, ohwell i have had much luck so far so i cant complain

I was able to get a few guides from Game Crazy (probably because the manager was not on duty ;)). Anyway, they will be posted in the trade thread soon.

[quote name='Tremonti820']Gamestop in my Area had a Absolute TON of pennied out guides....the manager looked at me and told me I was taking advantage of the store and refused to sell them to me because he would be fired. Long story short he finally let me have quite a few....he told me I couldnt have any doubles. Werent they supposed to get them off the shelf???? Still think I shouldve left there with about 30 guides!!!!!![/quote]

That's what many people think, but I have heard of employees getting fired over this, though with the turnover rate at the local Gamestop stores here, you never know if they were fired or quit or what.

My one did too, but the guy was pulling them when I came in. I figured it was best not to ask.

GameCrazy had a second list come down a day or two ago. I can't remember everything on it, but I know Stubbs the Zombie was on there.. i'll try to copy the list tomorrow.

Hm. I hope someone comes through with a BB drop list this morning. I'm not sure if they were there yesterday but I notice that the guides for New SMB and FFIII are not on the website. Either of those dropping would be the bomb.

Edit: Z: Oh. They might not have shown up because I did a search for 'strategy guide'. I guess I should have just viewed the whole category.

[quote name='fairtrade']Hm. I hope someone comes through with a BB drop list this morning. I'm not sure if they were there yesterday but I notice that the guides for New SMB and FFIII are not on the website. Either of those dropping would be the bomb.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they are both on there now. I wonder why they wouldn't have been earlier?

bb drops guides only on the first monday of the fiscal month which was last monday and the next one will probably the 26th of feb or the 5th of march

[quote name='Zennousha']So, is it really best to have girls request guides in general?[/quote]Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with being a girl or not being a girl. Yes, I'm a girl, but I'm also older. I'm not the type some store clerk would drool over.

It's attitude and intelligence in dealing with the store personnel. It may also be how you dress and carry yourself. My local store is insanely good to me for reasons I don't know. There is a store not far from the airport which used to be really un-informed about corporate policy and if I took penny guides to the counter, they'd laugh about the great deals. The store has a new manager who is far more informed about policy and that he could be fired if he doesn't adhere to policy (ie, field destroy the dropped guides).

I went in there Friday to search for the latest drops as I know they haven't pulled a penny guide in the stores history. I pulled a few, and handed to the clerk. He's scanning and the manager (also working behind the counter) notices the price... he looks at my stack of guides and at me, noting that I have a stack of penny guides.

him "You know we have to field destroy these?"
me "the penny skus? Yeah."
him "we field destroy those."
me (smiling) "it's alright."
him "we're field destroying those guides, you understand?"
me "Sure thing. You won't be getting in trouble from me."

And he takes over the transaction from the clerk and he inventories the guides out of the system and bags them for me. I told him that I did leave other penny guides, so they're not all gone (ie, he'll still have to pull the remaining guides).

He thanked me and then tells me that earlier that week they pulled a bunch more. I pouted and joke that they should have kept them for me. He then says, "I didnt know you were coming!" Which struck me as very funny becuase two minutes ago, we'd never spoken.

But because I didn't give him a hard time, he's okay with giving the guides to me. Granted everyone is different, and everyone will have different experiences depending on who they deal with.

I know a lot of stores in the atlanta area have a DM who insists that all penny guides are pulled from shelves, inventoried out and held out back for her to personally destroy. She's doing things the way corporate demands. Which is a skunk, because there's no way around it. If the system says they should have 12 X guides, they need to inventory out 12 X guides, and then she counts them out back to make sure all 12 of X guide are there to be field destroyed, and that no one helped themselves to a free guide.

I explained the reason for this policy pretty simply, but was deleted with a lot of everything else. But for the new folks asking what a penny guide is and why the policy is what it is... I"ll retype it out and ask floormat if he doesn't mind my putting it in the wiki so we wouldn't have these discussions every six pages.

[quote name='CGH']The two Final Fantasy III guides I saw at BB last week were gone when I went to check today.:([/QUOTE]

It is still on Best Buy's site at $16.99, so you didn't miss out. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']I think that should have things cleaned up a bit.

zodmere2k and IAmTheCheapestGamer are taking a short holiday because of their little temper tantrums.[/quote]
Thank you so much.. if IATCG posted about his worthless list, or zideo about blacklisting just one more time...... AGH!

:bomb:

I had a fun experience at a gamestop after the first drop where I only found 3-4 guidesat this one stop, but they were ones i couldn't find anywhere else like megaman zx and yakuza. So I go to cash out and the only one working is a manager guy and he begins to give me crap when an older women walks out to the floor from out back and over-hears the guy giving me crap about not being able to sell the penny guides. The women was a district girl that said "if you had done your job, these wouldn't be on the floor, so you have to sell them to him" So I got my few guides and then she asked me what I planned on doing with them. I promised her that I had no ambition to sell them or ebay them and that the sole reason for me taking them was for personal recreation and to give out to friends, so she gave me about a dozen others she hadn't ripped covers off of yet.

As for completely getting turned down, I have never been, this situation was the closest I've ever been. The 2nd drop, I went to a new EB location for me and I asked him what they do with penny guides and he said whatever was on the floor, I could have, but thought there wasn't any. I then asked him if he personally gets credit for pre-orders, he replied with yes and i promised to see him about pre-ordering forza 2. Guy took my 2 lists and came from his backroom with about 40 more. All-in-all, i've had the best of luck with EB/GS.

[quote name='vahn401']I had a fun experience at a gamestop after the first drop where I only found 3-4 guidesat this one stop, but they were ones i couldn't find anywhere else like megaman zx and yakuza. So I go to cash out and the only one working is a manager guy and he begins to give me crap when an older women walks out to the floor from out back and over-hears the guy giving me crap about not being able to sell the penny guides. The women was a district girl that said "if you had done your job, these wouldn't be on the floor, so you have to sell them to him" So I got my few guides and then she asked me what I planned on doing with them. I promised her that I had no ambition to sell them or ebay them and that the sole reason for me taking them was for personal recreation and to give out to friends, so she gave me about a dozen others she hadn't ripped covers off of yet.

As for completely getting turned down, I have never been, this situation was the closest I've ever been. The 2nd drop, I went to a new EB location for me and I asked him what they do with penny guides and he said whatever was on the floor, I could have, but thought there wasn't any. I then asked him if he personally gets credit for pre-orders, he replied with yes and i promised to see him about pre-ordering forza 2. Guy took my 2 lists and came from his backroom with about 40 more. All-in-all, i've had the best of luck with EB/GS.[/quote]

See exact opposite here. About a year ago stores in my area got in trouble because an employee in the stores was taking the guides and selling them on ebay. Manager cracked down and all the stores here are super strict now. Can't ever get penny guides from gamestop or EB now.

Bestbuy on the other hand i've never been turned down once. Half the time they are even labeled at $.01. Actually during last drops i had a cashier call a district manager who was in the store to check to see if I could buy the guides. He took one look at the guides and prices and told the cashier to sell em to me that they were clearanced out.

So it really depends on your area. I rely on CAG's for all the gamestop drops since some asshole at my gamestop who has since been fired ruined it for everyone.

[quote name='guinaevere']Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with being a girl or not being a girl. Yes, I'm a girl, but I'm also older. I'm not the type some store clerk would drool over.[/quote]

You should post a picture of yourself!!!!

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy had a second list come down a day or two ago. I can't remember everything on it, but I know Stubbs the Zombie was on there.. i'll try to copy the list tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

See my post #850. I just edited it to include Stubbs, when looking at the list I mistakenly thought it was Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Dave

For Michigan CAGS, Went to the Rochester RD BB and the Hall road BB, both guide areas were organized, updated and void of any penny guides. Only had luck in Southfield, BB on Telegraph but the pickings were still slim.

[quote name='MightySlacker']See my post #850. I just edited it to include Stubbs, when looking at the list I mistakenly thought it was Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Dave[/QUOTE]
I wish my Game Crazy pennied out guides. Instead, they throw them in a bin and put "sale" price tags on them. :whistle2:(

My GS had a BIG Stack yesterday of "free for the taking!" guides.
I missed yesterday, but today I got one of each title - maybe 8 for trading.
I left the one duplicate and the manager said to go ahead and take it also!
He was great!

Oh, bought a Wii for my mom's charity event this Saturday to raffle.
You might want to call right now if you are still seeking one....

[quote name='donut']My GS had a BIG Stack yesterday of "free for the taking!" guides.
I missed yesterday, but today I got one of each title - maybe 8 for trading.
I left the one duplicate and the manager said to go ahead and take it also!
He was great!

Oh, bought a Wii for my mom's charity event this Saturday to raffle.
You might want to call right now if you are still seeking one....[/quote]
Your GS actually put out a sign telling people to take the free guides?!?!?!

My EB/GS told me they had to be shipped back to be destroyed, and they had to account for every single guide (In other words, don't bother to ask for one).

[quote name='eau']Your GS actually put out a sign telling people to take the free guides?!?!?!

My EB/GS told me they had to be shipped back to be destroyed, and they had to account for every single guide (In other words, don't bother to ask for one).[/quote]

YEP big sign taped to a two wheel dolly that yesterday had a stack about 3' tall....

My GSs really are great ....

[quote name='donut']YEP big sign taped to a two wheel dolly that yesterday had a stack about 3' tall....

My GSs really are great ....[/quote]
You're in paradise. Where is it?

I went to a bestbuy today and had a pretty good hit got vice city stories which is what I really wanted. What I thought was funny is that they had NBA Live 2005 guide on the shelf. I had a feeling it was pennied since it is like 2 years old but I didnt know since it was still on the shelf so I checked on the wiki and it is infact pennied.

guinaevere, that sounds pretty awesome. You handled that well lol I guess I just suck at talking to employees and come off as desperate or something.

So in the penny guide CAG'ers opinions here, would you prefer to talk to a store employee or a manager if possible to guarantee you your penny guides? I'm still iffy on the best procedure if some employees and a manager is working

Sabo, I really think attitude plays a big part. If a person goes in loooking like a slacker or with a chip on his shoulder thinking the store owes them something, then they'll most likely be turned down as that attitude turns off a lot of employees.

When it comes to who I'd rather deal with, I'd opt for the newest, most uninformed employee there. Or one who doesn't give a crumb about their job. That's when I play dumb bringing a few guides to the counter which I know are pennied-out, and say, "I think these were clearanced down to a dollar or so." (took that line from another CAG in this thread, though forgive me, I forget who)

Now the other day in Kennesaw, there was only one employee and he was either manager, AM or third key. The pennies had been pulled off the shelf and he knew they were supposed to be field-destroyed. That's when I name-dropped big time, "I was just in X-store and the Manager gave me A, B & C" (I know a few store managers, I know a few DMs, I even know the regional manager, so I'm pretty shameless about name-dropping to give theose employees/managers who I don't know a sense that they aren't going to be losing their job or getting in any trouble for giving me a few of the dropped guides.)

He was so nice, he took my list, went out back and came out with Pokemon XD, NSMB and a couple others I was looking for.

One thing I won't do however, is bring the penny guides to the counter when other customers are there.

The manager of the GS in Douglasville stopped giving guides away a few years back when one customer was rung up for 3¢ for his guides... and some woman behind him threw a fit because she wanted stuff for 1¢ also. So rather than deal with crazy people throwing tantrums, he just field destroys all the pulls, and if he misses one and a customer brings it to the counter, he charges original full price.

Also, you never know who the guy behind you in line is. They could be a secret shopper. They could have an ongoing big problem with the store, and be one instance away from calling Customer Service. All they have to do is mention another person in line buying guides for 1¢ each, and the hammer will go down big time on the penny guides in that district.

I think the cloak and dagger stuff is unnecessary. If you're going to bring up a stack of guides, they will obviously know you know they're pennied out so I'm just straight-forward about it and if they refuse, I simply say thanks and leave with no fuss; you definitely don't want to stick out as a troublemaker.

I do agree with not bringing up the guides to the cashier if there are other customers around.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Zelda and MP:H have been pennied for quite some time.. but that's news on the Tony Hawk guide. Can we get confirmation from someone?[/quote]

I can confirm. The Tony Hawk guide has been pennied out.

Is there a cumulative list of all the clearance games, other than the one in the OP? And will any prices go out of the system? A bit of a n00bish question, yes, but I've looked through much of this topic.

And yeah, I've had bad experiences with bringing CAG's up to the register with people behind me... I'm a big KMart clearance dude, and one time I got around 10 games for $22, and the lady behind me started calling me a "hog" under her breath... I chuckled when I heard it.

But I've also had good experiences. If I'm ever shopping for games, I always help people out if they are picking something out, even suggest cheap games to me. Last week, some dude was about to buy the new Sonic the Hedgehog remake for GBA for $30... I quickly recommended him Sonic Advance 3 for $3... Anyway, it does pay to be nice with people.

[quote name='loxthefox']Has anyone else had the clerk ask them if they go to cheapassgamer when they ring up the guides?[/QUOTE]
That would possibly backfire. If they know that we're getting our info here, they could check it too, and pull the guides before you, or anyone else, could get them. I'd just play dumb.

[quote name='loxthefox']Has anyone else had the clerk ask them if they go to cheapassgamer when they ring up the guides?[/quote]That happened to me when I first started flipping games at GameRush. It was never discussed, but I think the manager was/is a CAG.

[quote name='loxthefox']Has anyone else had the clerk ask them if they go to cheapassgamer when they ring up the guides?[/quote]
The first rule about CAG is you don't talk about CAG.

The second rule about CAG is you don't talk about CAG.

[quote name='shrike4242']The first rule about CAG is you don't talk about CAG.

The second rule about CAG is you don't talk about CAG.[/quote]

I just tell them I have friends who work at stores and we share the list of the guides when they drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back