Reduced price game guides, all stores. Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

floormat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3-17-07 Here should be most of the information that anyone would need in acquiring guides. please read ALL the information below before asking questions. most question are answered below. Again thank you 6669 for all your contributions to this thread and web site.

My wifes web site - Nice jewelry good prices.

www.ladieslovejewelry.com

For hopefully the latestest most current up to date guide drops please refer to the

"CAG Strategy Guide WIKI page"

recent drop section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(recent_drops)

master list section

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_(master_lists)

they will be filetered from the thread posts to the WIKI page as often as possible. Thank you for your contribution.

Listed in the wiki is the most up to date compiled list of all known guide deals from the posts of this thread and similar threads. I will update the wikis lists as people post new guide deals. Everything listed in this thread “should” be the price listed or lower. These prices are typically company wide price reductions and not YMMV. But just because the prices are typically universal does not mean that they are guaranteed to be sold to you. Most stores have a destroy clause with the guide companies. So whether or not you get these guides depend on many many factors from how diligent a staff is to how reasonable or friendly one is. Good luck on any you may find and good luck on acquiring them. Please dont have a fit if a store wont let you have them just move on. Causing trouble rarely gets guides and most of the time stops others from getting guides in your area. If anything is incorrect or missing please post so corrections can be made.

Now you can just cut, paste, print, and GO!!!

What is a Penny Guide:

To answer this question fully, one first has to understand the longstanding legal agreemenat which [book] publishers have with book sellers such as Borders, Barnes & Noble and other chain and Mom & Pop shops, as well as other retailers who similarly sell their books.

For several decades, publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Random House, et cetera will send out X-number of a title to stores to be sold. After a time, when it is decided that those older titles have little chance of selling and the store shelf real-estate would be better used for newer publications, they issue a recall to the vendors to field destroy all remaining copies of titles A, B & C.

The stores then will pull those titles from their inventory to be field-destroyed, and in their systems mark the publications as 1¢. The 1¢ price is to indicate to the publisher that they are no-longer selling the pulled title, and it is also to serve as a Red Flag to any cashier who might ring up a title (on the chance that the titles were not pulled as legally they were required).

When the pull lists are sent out by the publishers, and the stores adjust the price in their inventory (and pull and field-destroy the books), the stores also are to report to the publisher the number of the books they pulled. (This is generally done at a corporate level.) The publisher then credits the stores full cost of the books.

So lets say, MegaChain orders 8000 copies of the Bread Baker strategy guide for their stores in North America for say, $4 a piece. They owe $32,000 to Publisher X. Bread Baker being a big seller and a hard game, then sells 6000 of those 8000 guides, leaving around 2000 guides on the shelves when Publisher X issues the pull demand. Publisher X then issues MegaChain an $8000 credit for the 2000 unsold copies of the guide.

According to IAmTheCheapestGamer, some retailers also have deals where each copy of pulled titles sent to their recognized Recycling Centers are additionally issued further credit for being environmentally responsible in the manner in which they field destroy each book.

How you can help: You can keep a printed copy of this list in your jacket, wallet, purse whatever and when you go to any store that carries guides look for guides for games that have been out typically around six months or more and ask for a price check or better yet use a store scanner if they are available. If they are anything less than cover price write it down for us. Also please when you post the info here if it looks like it’s a temporary sale, please post that as well otherwise it will be assumed to a be a permanent price reduction. If you scan a guide and it comes up a different price that what the master lists suggests please list the day and store that you had the guide scanned. Also please list if you physically saw a self-scanner’s price, physically saw a cash registers price or vocally heard a price from the store’s staff. This might sound like a lot and of course we will take what we can get but this will go a long way to having the best master list as well as ferreting out different store practices and policy’s. All help is appreciated and thank you.

Trading: I spoke with the post office and found out that the cheapest form of mailing to the 48 contiguous states would be to use “media mail” It will take a little longer but it will also allow the least amount of money per transaction when trying to acquire guides for your collection. For an average guide weight of about 9 oz its $1.42 cents. All you need to do is put it in an envelope and ship it media mail. He mentioned no one should have a problem if you use the same envelope several times to cut down on costs. He also mentioned that when shipping Media mail that you cannot have any personal correspondence in the envelope. Only books and an invoice are acceptable. If trading is in you interest you do whatever is most comfortable for you and your trading party this was merely a FYI and a good way to keep it cheap.

Helpful links to check for reduced priced guides or guides in general. You will likely never find one cent guides here but various discounted guides and possibly some that you have been searching for.

Best Buy

Best Buy guide search

Circuit City

Circuit City guide search

EB Games

EB Games guide search

Gamestop (babages,software etc,funcoland)

Gamestop guide search

Overstock

Overstock guide search

Toys R Us (uhh best link I could find)

Toys R Us guide search

strategy-guides.net (another large site of guides)

strategy-guides.net guide search

bookpool (guides typically 45% off or so )

Book pool guide search

Looking for assistance: I am looking for some staff from Best Buy’s, EB’s, Gamestop’s and stores of the like. When EB Games or Gamestop has a price reduction their shelves can be empty in a day or two to even as little as just a few hours. EB and Gamestop have daily price changes so all depending on the store’s staff they could be all gone almost immediately. If I could get some staff that can either post here first thing any day that they have a price reduction on guides or that might be able to text message me with such price reductions so that I might be able to inform CAG’ers ASAP. Whether or not us the end user would actually be able to get them from a particular stores staff is very much an YMMV but if there is anyone who can help this would greatly increase the chance’s of CAG’ers being able to pick up guides from these locations. If anyone is interested and able to help please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you all for your consideration.

Thank you all for making CAG what it is and for all your contributions.

Disclaimer: This list is intended to help all guide hunters. Please feel free to print yourself a copy and get what you can find. Please do not post this list on another site. {e-mail me please if for some reason you would want to. [email protected]} Please just link to this thread, add to this list and help it grow. Thank you

all guides are now listed in the wiki please go there. thank you.

[quote name='loxthefox']Has anyone else had the clerk ask them if they go to cheapassgamer when they ring up the guides?[/QUOTE]
I have had an EB Games employee suggest cheapassgamer as a source for penny guide info. I brought up a guide, played dumb when it rang up a penny, and I asked if he could sell it, he said they were cool with it and told his fellow co worker and I that there's a web site that lists all the penny guide - cheapassgamer.

While I've never been specifically asked about CAG, I have been asked how I find out about penny guides, clearanced games, etc. I usually just tell them I have a friend that works at the store in Boston (I went to school in Boston) and he always gives me a call when anything exciting drops. I always felt that if I said CAG or the interwebs, I'd be targetted as some sort of bad guy that they'd hide everything from. Just paranoia I guess. 8-[

Best Buys are always easy on me, never once had a problem there. It's the EB/GS stores that are rarely friendly in my area. But I went to an out of the way GameStop this weekend and hit a HUGE score. I asked them if I could buy a couple penny guides they had on their shelf and they practically begged me to take the 2 boxes full they had in the back. No special technique or anything other than waiting until the only other customer finished their transaction and left.

All my doubles are up on my trade list. It took me 2 days to get them all sorted out and added but it's all there now. I've also added prices on most of them for people who don't want to trade.

Side note - I feel the need to mention this because someone complained once about people who sell the guides. I prefer to trade them, but I used to get lots of PMs from people who didn't want to trade. I decided to list prices so that those people wouldn't have to flood me with "How much for ____?" messages.

I'm sure Scorch can update with any that I forgot, but GameCrazy pennied out some guides today. Here's what I can remember:

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow $7.99
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Makai Kingdom
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Metroid Prime Hunters
Pokemon Emerald

Is BB carrying the Rogue Galaxy guide everywhere? I've seen it at only one of my local BBs and didn't see it on the website this morning.

I hope it's supposed to be universal at all stores, b/c it's another Double Jump/Prima super thick guide (like Devil Summoner) so I'd love to snag that one for a 0.01 at some point in the future. Otherwise I might need to resort to purchasing this one full/discounted price at an EB/GS.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm sure Scorch can update with any that I forgot, but GameCrazy pennied out some guides today. Here's what I can remember:

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow $7.99
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Makai Kingdom
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Metroid Prime Hunters
Pokemon Emerald

[quote name='jgamezcua']Is BB carrying the Rogue Galaxy guide everywhere? I've seen it at only one of my local BBs and didn't see it on the website this morning.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, I saw about 6 Rogue Galaxy guides at Best Buy earlier, I made a note to watch for them to hit a penny.

[quote name='shrike4242']The first rule about CAG is you don't talk about CAG.[/quote]Y'all would be proud of me. My local EB manager has been trying harder and harder to find out my 'source' for knowing the sales before he does and the penny guide drops.

Last week he was seriously trying everything he could to grab a note from my hand, as if it had some secret information on there. Turns out, it was just a list of penny guides I was looking for. I finally just handed the note to him, to which his face revealed fear at witnessing my handwriting.

I've told him several times that my gaming industry information comes from numberous sources, but that doesn't seem to be the answer he's looking for. So I've given up with the direct rebuff, and now I joke that I refuse on the grounds that if I tell my secret, I won't be special anymore. He quickly assured me that I'll always be special, but I doubt his sincerity. :lol:

Craziest EB on the planet. Everyone in there is silly.

I always refer people to slickdeals or fatwallet when they try to find my source. gives them a taste of honey but its like sour pickles when it reaches their belly.

any new drops this week @ EB? the wiki has the 3rd as the latest date.

also, im new to this thread. will the pennied out guides @ GC or BB also be pennied out @ EB/GS? also, who updates the wiki? the last date i show on that is the 3rd, and was wondering if anything new has dropped recently.

[quote name='biggyfries']any new drops this week @ EB? the wiki has the 3rd as the latest date.

also, im new to this thread. will the pennied out guides @ GC or BB also be pennied out @ EB/GS? also, who updates the wiki? the last date i show on that is the 3rd, and was wondering if anything new has dropped recently.[/QUOTE]
Penny guide drops are specific to that particular store - so having a list by STORE is very important. Guide drops happen in spurts it seems - Best Buy seems to be around the first Monday/Tuesday of the month. The penny guides will be listed here and then CAGs that have editting capability update the Wiki.

Best Buy appears to be getting ready to crack down on penny guide sales too, at least at one of my local stores anyway. Thing is, the guides I brought up weren't there the last time, but someone must've mistakenly moved them out on the floor.

I got denied on multiple copies of Socom Fireteam Bravo and the rest of the dropped guides last night. It appears that, according to the manager type lady at the one register when I brazenly went up with a stack of 12 guides, Best Buy corporate is going to start cracking down on them because they got in trouble for selling guides for .01.

Don't know if it's across the board or not, but I have a feeling a crackdown is coming from BB soon too, much like Gamestop has been doing lately. Just a heads up for people not to be too CAG-like and want to 'save' all the guides(like I usually do LOL).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Best Buy appears to be getting ready to crack down on penny guide sales too, at least at one of my local stores anyway. Thing is, the guides I brought up weren't there the last time, but someone must've mistakenly moved them out on the floor.

I got denied on multiple copies of Socom Fireteam Bravo and the rest of the dropped guides last night. It appears that, according to the manager type lady at the one register when I brazenly went up with a stack of 12 guides, Best Buy corporate is going to start cracking down on them because they got in trouble for selling guides for .01.

Don't know if it's across the board or not, but I have a feeling a crackdown is coming from BB soon too, much like Gamestop has been doing lately. Just a heads up for people not to be too CAG-like and want to 'save' all the guides(like I usually do LOL).[/QUOTE]
I hope thats just that one store then. My last BB actually retagged them all at 1 cent, and the cashiers already know when it I walk up to the register with a stack of them.

[quote name='drawingboard']I hope thats just that one store then. My last BB actually retagged them all at 1 cent, and the cashiers already know when it I walk up to the register with a stack of them.[/QUOTE]

My local Best Buy did this once, then the next time they destroyed them all... then they did it again, and again, and then finally they tagged them all at 1 cent again like a year later.

It depends on who is running the media dept.

What's up everyone......I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a Perfect Dark Zero guide.......that's dropped in price........

Thanks,

Dreday

[quote name='Dreday']What's up everyone......I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a Perfect Dark Zero guide.......that's dropped in price........

Thanks,

Dreday[/quote]

Hello,

Page 1, Post 1 - the wiki link

Sincerely,

Pookymeister

LOL I guess I'm truly known as the 'guide guy' by the local Gamestop stores now, since I happened into one of the 'bad' GS stores(Steamtown Mall) and was confronted by the DISTRICT MANAGER.

Apparently, he was alerted about my little escapade down into Stroudsburg, PA area(Easton, actually), where I hit up 3-5 GS stores and walked out from one of them with 40 guides.

I guess they tracked me via the pre-order of $5 I put down on the God Of War sequel in Whitehall.

Anyway, he told me that penny guides are a thing of the past in his district now.

Just a heads up for ALL the CAGs in this area.

I guess me being a guide whore and grabbing as many as I could, as often as I could has finally backfired.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I guess I'm truly known as the 'guide guy' by the local Gamestop stores now, since I happened into one of the 'bad' GS stores(Steamtown Mall) and was confronted by the DISTRICT MANAGER.

Apparently, he was alerted about my little escapade down into Stroudsburg, PA area(Easton, actually), where I hit up 3-5 GS stores and walked out from one of them with 40 guides.

I guess they tracked me via the pre-order of $5 I put down on the God Of War sequel in Whitehall.

Anyway, he told me that penny guides are a thing of the past in his district now.

Just a heads up for ALL the CAGs in this area.

I guess me being a guide whore and grabbing as many as I could, as often as I could has finally backfired.[/QUOTE]

Until new workers are hired and the old ones stop caring about it. That's the beauty of the high turnover in retail with things like this.

Thing is though, Shipwreck, this DM was formerly a worker at this very store, so he also kind of knew me from coming in while HE was there looking for guides.

One thing I have noticed about the GS chain in my area, is that the workers who DO stay move up the ladder fairly quick. He was working at this store just 2 years ago.

I figured while I was in the mall shipping out some guide packages, I might as well check their shelves. LOL BIG MISTAKE though.

Funniest thing that I noticed though, they put out TWO copies of the MS Flight Sim X guide, to replace the ONE I brought up and they refused to sell me.

Go figure, that's how I got nabbed at Best Buy last night, by grabbing guides they must've put back out by accident.

I would definitely agree about the crackdown. I've been hitting up this one store that always seems to have multiple copies of each penny guide. I usually leave about 1-2 extra copies on the shelf for others but usually only take about 2-3 copies for myself and trade. For some reason last week I missed the Tomb Raider guide so I made a return trip back to get it like 2-3 days later. Had the guides in hand and noticed the guy in that area stare at the 3 copies I had under my arm and asked if I needed help. I said no and proceeded to the front of the store to purchase. But, like most others I got distracted by a demo of Lost Planet, damn Lost Planet. Needless to say my grabbing of 3 copies of the same guide must have peaked this guy's interest, so he grabbed his pricing gun. No for the love of GOD no!!!! He started checking all the guides on the shelf and one by one started filling up a basket full of penny guides. Stupid me stands there and just watches him getting ready to dispose of these. He takes them to the back and comes out smiling. See sometimes it's better to clean those shelves when you can!!! The guy has the balls to come up to me and say that he can't sell those guides to me because they should have been taken off the shelf. So instead of throwing a fit, I just handed over the guides. (still shrink wrapped, I was pissed but had to hold it in, got to hold out for more penny drops) So next time I go in, its in and out no distractions. Couldn't believe he had the balls to approach me and then take them from me!! Oh well, he better make sure those shelves are cleared the day of the next penny drops. Because I swear I will clean that place out everytime!

I'd have to disagree with the crackdown at bestbuy as I had them call the store manager on me last time when i snagged gudies and he told cashier to sell them that they are clearanced out.

Obviously if you're going to draw attention to yourself by cleaning out all their penny guides at once, those individual stores will crack down on it. It's the classic economic model of "the tragedy of the commons"; even though it's in the best interests of the group not to be greedy individually (i.e. just taking a few guides a time, not drawing attention ensuring a supply of penny guides in the future), human nature always gets in the way as the individual ends up hoarding the guides for short-term gain but ruining it in the long run for everyone involved.

[quote name='dopa345']Obviously if you're going to draw attention to yourself by cleaning out all their penny guides at once, those individual stores will crack down on it. It's the classic economic model of "the tragedy of the commons"; even though it's in the best interests of the group not to be greedy individually (i.e. just taking a few guides a time, not drawing attention ensuring a supply of penny guides in the future), human nature always gets in the way as the individual ends up hoarding the guides for short-term gain but ruining it in the long run for everyone involved.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. :)

Also, noticed something strange in checking local EB/GS during the latest drops - a lot of stores have gotten rid of their guide section and moved most of the strategy guides into the back storage area. Only a few guides are displayed in the rack at the register (where they normally have 500 copies of Game Informer) and those are only for the latest/most popular games.

I did luck out a few places that still had the large rack/bookshelf of guides thanks to being in a city that has 50+ Gamestops but I'm wondering if this is a growing trend - makes penny guides much harder to get. Anyone else experienced this?

probably going to be hated and yelled at for this comment, but I kind of enjoy the challenge of finding that one guide. Get together with a good friend and just travel the GS & EBs looking for that one guide is kind of fun. wouldn't be guide hunting if you hit it big at your first stop.

[quote name='vahn401']probably going to be hated and yelled at for this comment, but I kind of enjoy the challenge of finding that one guide. Get together with a good friend and just travel the GS & EBs looking for that one guide is kind of fun. wouldn't be guide hunting if you hit it big at your first stop.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way; it's all in the thrill of the hunt! That's why I don't get bent out of shape if I can't find a guide or I get turned down. Who actually reads penny guides anyway? ;) .

[quote name='dopa345']Obviously if you're going to draw attention to yourself by cleaning out all their penny guides at once, those individual stores will crack down on it. It's the classic economic model of "the tragedy of the commons"; even though it's in the best interests of the group not to be greedy individually (i.e. just taking a few guides a time, not drawing attention ensuring a supply of penny guides in the future), human nature always gets in the way as the individual ends up hoarding the guides for short-term gain but ruining it in the long run for everyone involved.[/quote]

Wow. AFAIC, this should be the first post on every page of this thread. Well stated.:applause:

[quote name='shipwreck']Until new workers are hired and the old ones stop caring about it. That's the beauty of the high turnover in retail with things like this.[/quote]Eh, not necessarily my shipwrecked friend. If the DM stays on top of the store managers, the store managers will stay on top of their staff. And that means clerks new or old to the stores, may be full aware of GS policy and not allow sale/giveaway of pennied guides.

All the EB/GS stores around here seem to keep the vast majority of all guides they have in the back. It's kind of hard to go in and request 6 penny guides at once, I would generally have to spend at least $30-50 to get them to hand over a large stack of free guides to me :(

At least Game Crazy rocks for penny guides (best buy seems to sell guides before they even hit a penny, super lame).

[quote name='dopa345'] Who actually reads penny guides anyway? ;) .[/QUOTE]

All the games I play ;)

Checking a guide for an RPG is a lot more preferrable for me than a FAQ. Half the time it takes me 4 or 5 FAQ's to find one that is halfway decent... most FAQ's these days are garbage.

I mean, if everyone on CAG was able to walk into an EB/GS and get every guide they wanted, then there would be no such thing as guide trading.

[quote name='Roufuss']All the games I play ;)

Checking a guide for an RPG is a lot more preferrable for me than a FAQ. Half the time it takes me 4 or 5 FAQ's to find one that is halfway decent... most FAQ's these days are garbage.[/quote]

We need FAQs man. Keeps the nerds writing them off the streets

[quote name='Roufuss']All the games I play ;)

Checking a guide for an RPG is a lot more preferrable for me than a FAQ. Half the time it takes me 4 or 5 FAQ's to find one that is halfway decent... most FAQ's these days are garbage.[/QUOTE]

So of course you only get the penny guides for games you own ;) .

Has anyone ever seen any of the following guides at any store, pennied or not?

Battlefield 1942 and it's 2 expansions
Crimson Sea 1 & 2
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Kingdom Under Fire (Heroes or Crusaders)
Rise of the Kasai

I know some of these are pretty old at this point but I'm just wondering.

[quote name='neocisco']Has anyone ever seen any of the following guides at any store, pennied or not?

Crimson Sea 1 & 2
Rise of the Kasai

I know some of these are pretty old at this point but I'm just wondering.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, there were never guides for the Kingdom Under Fire games. The same goes for Rise of the Kasai. Sometimes the guide publishers look at these titles, forecast potential sales, and just say "Meh".

[quote name='CaptainSniffy']As far as I know, there were never guides for the Kingdom Under Fire games. [/QUOTE]

Same for the Crimson Sea games. No guides were produced for them that I'm aware of.

[quote name='dopa345']So of course you only get the penny guides for games you own ;) .[/QUOTE]

Well... I try ;)

I'll actually get any RPG guide just to have it.

[quote name='neocisco']Has anyone ever seen any of the following guides at any store, pennied or not?

Crimson Sea 1 & 2
Rise of the Kasai

I know some of these are pretty old at this point but I'm just wondering.[/quote]

I've never seen any of these locally in the United Statess either but have them listed on my wants just in case they are available somewhere in English format.

I didn't think there was an original Shadowhearts guide until I saw an English (as in England) version of the guide available and have been looking for it ever since. So I wonder if these guides are available overseas in English (language here). Same with the Fatal Frame guides, seen lots of Japanese versions so maybe an English version exists somewhere.

I figure it's a long long shot, but never say never.

Damn, that ban went way too quickly. : (

Anyway.. I don't think i've ever seen a guide for 24: The Game, either.. best to try GFAQs on that one.

I know some of these are pretty old at this point but I'm just wondering.[/quote]
Thanks for everybody's input. I was fairly certain I'd seen a 24 guide at some point but wasn't sure. If anybody knows about the other 2 please post.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Same with the Fatal Frame guides, seen lots of Japanese versions so maybe an English version exists somewhere.

I figure it's a long long shot, but never say never.[/quote]
Unfortunately, I can confirm there are no English guides for the first 2 Fatal Frame games. I did a pretty thorough search for them a while back. I'll add Fatal Frame III to the "have you seen it" list. I'm expecting no, though.

Picked up a Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner guide today.

It's up for trade if anyone is interested.

I'll check lists for trade.

Thanks,
Steve

Speak of the "devil" I was just about to mention that. Yesterday it seems that the Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kazunoah vs the soulless army guide (whew!) has dropped in price to 4.99. I know this is technically a penny thread, but that's still a great price for the guide and it's worth picking up now before it drops if you know that your local gamestops tend to pull or sell out of penny guides. If you wait for it to be pennied out and come up dry on the day of, trading another cag for it will probably cost you 5 bucks in shipping anyway, so it seems like a decent deal to me.

Don't know if anyone will find this usefull. Just a heads up.

roc's feather;2654535]Speak of the "devil" I was just about to mention that. Yesterday it seems that the Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kazunoah vs the soulless army guide (whew!) has dropped in price to 4.99. I know this is technically a penny thread said:
Not to be an ass, but that has been covered earlier in the thread ;)

Saw a few guides at GameCrazy that were supposed to be a penny or less:

Makai Kingdom
Nintendogs: Pups
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Ninja Gaiden Black
FFIV Advance

And I got Suikoden 3 for $7.99. It took me 5 minutes of convincing that the game was not the advertised $11 - $16 that was on the cover and to scan the damned game. I almost traded in TRU clearanced games which were $31 credit.

Short story - I wish GC had the price output displays at the registers so customers can see the true price when something's scanned. He scanned each guide 3 times and asked his co-worker, so I knew they were a penny or free. He made up some pricing system in his head saying I'd owe him $25 after I trade in all my games for Suiky 3 + guides. I should've owed him just over $8 and I would've opted for the MVP membership (and get store credit) if he hadn't tried to swindle me out of about ~$22. After 20 mins of arguing, I gave up and just bought Suiky 3 w/trade-ins for $1.

I hate Gamecrazy. Always some BS on selling this-or-that and pushy about MVP. I'd rather be denied penny guides than be lied directly by an employee. Good riddance they're so far away. :wave:

Best Buy penny guides FTW. EB/GS a distant second.

Back on track - I added a Zelda: Four Swords Adventure guide to my guide tradelist too.

So is there a list of BB guides besides the one on the front page? Or is that one accurate? Or is this like the target thread, which you just have to keep up with?

Also, Will the guides ever go out of the system? Like the really old ones?

Sorry I'm asking this again, it just wasn't answered initially...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back