Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Seven and a Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I didn't see any at my local store! You're gonna trade us some of them, right, you lucky SOB? ;)[/quote]
They only had 1 of each. I already have the Pokemon Diamond one though.

Would take something fierce to trade my 2nd copy though. Only because I always give my brother first dibs and when he gets around to getting the game (and a DS) I know he'd like the guide.

[quote name='62t']i tried again today and both are full price[/QUOTE]

Its the Prima versions of the guides that are pennied, not the Nintendo Power versions.

Stopped by BB today and got the following:

You and Wii x 2
Pokemon Battle Revolution
16,000 Codes & Cheats Summer 2007 Edition(Red Covered)
Video Game Achievements & Unlockables

There were many copies of my last 2 entries and I did see several copies of Spectrobes but I guess I had a brain fart :wall: and didn't get one. I did have a copy of the LOZ:TP guide scanned and it came up at $24.99 but now that I think of it I think it was the Wii version. I'm almost positive there were a couple of the GC versions. Iwill have to check tomorrow.

[quote name='freshzen']Its the Prima versions of the guides that are pennied, not the Nintendo Power versions.[/quote]
Check the pics.

edit: Wait, the SPM and PBR Prima guides are pennied at BB but the Nintendo Power ones are at GS.

I don't know if anybody posted these ones, but there's nothing big.

GS/EB:
Mortal Kombat Armegeddon
WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2007
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Scarface
Need for Speed Carbon
WoW master guide collection
WoW Hardcover atlus
Saint's Row
some of the Super cheat guides, and a gameshark guide.

I think there might be more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Ah well, after my great haul @ BB Monday, they've restickered the guides and they're in some semblance of order now. All the penny guides are good, but I'm happy.

Stealth drops rule...at least, this must've been a stealth drop since I remember many people had problems with BB drops earlier this year, including myself.

I picked up a whopping 4 guides @ the other local BB to me.

2x Pokemon Battle Revolution
2x Gameshark codes 2007(one has a beat looking cover with lotsa pock marks and wear, but is good otherwise)

I scored big time at one of the BB's I go to. I also got a few at EB, but not like I usually do. I also got NFS Carbon for a penny @ EB/GS in case no one else posted it.

Hello fellow CAGS. 1st time poster, long time lurker.

Just wanted to post as an extreme YMMV deal that I got at my local Best Buy. I got the Official Nintendo Power The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Player's Guide for the Wii for a penny. It did ring up as $14.99, but I believe that an employee marked the wrong guides as a penny, as it had the penny label stickered to it. The check out person did not have a problem lowering the price to a penny when I pointed out the label.

Nabbed from my favorite store (
icongs_r1.gif
):
Heroes of Mana (can grab another for a different rpg guide...)
Lost Planet (mine)
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (mine)
Battlestations: Midway (no poster, will trade)
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom (might keep)
Star Trek Legacy (already pending)

1 more guide to add to the list for EB/GS... Valhalla Knights is confirmed as a penny. The girl at the store printed out a list of penny guides for me & it was on the list. I'm pretty lucky to have a few cool stores in my area. :)

Damn went to a Best Buy today and was the cashier was already ringing me up when a RANDOM manager walked by and said that if those are ringing up a penny to not sell em. I guess next time I get guides from that store I have to go when its busy or have a friend or something distract the managers LOL...

[quote name='TomoyoN']Damn went to a Best Buy today and was the cashier was already ringing me up when a RANDOM manager walked by and said that if those are ringing up a penny to not sell em. I guess next time I get guides from that store I have to go when its busy or have a friend or something distract the managers LOL...[/quote]
At my BB they have cash registers on 2 ends of the store. I always go to the end furthest away from the Service counter, that usually works for me. That may not be an option for a lot of people though because I have been in other BB's that only have one end where you are basically herded like cattle.

On another note I'm bummed because I went to GS last night and they had a copy of Pokemon Emerald but it rang up @ $14.99 :whistle2:(

[quote name='jimijumper']At my BB they have cash registers on 2 ends of the store. I always go to the end furthest away from the Service counter, that usually works for me. That may not be an option for a lot of people though because I have been in other BB's that only have one end where you are basically herded like cattle.

On another note I'm bummed because I went to GS last night and they had a copy of Pokemon Emerald but it rang up @ $14.99 :whistle2:([/quote]

It's a combo pack with Emerald and another guide shrunk wrapped together....

At CompUSA today while looking for 50% clearanced games I picked up the hint book for Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for $2.98. The also had Madagasgar, Destroy All Humans 2 and GTA: San Andreas. Not much, but the Star Wars guide was unexpected.

went to gamestop today i found these guides

pokemon battle revolution (nintendo Power)
super paper mario ( nitnedo Power)
stuntman ignition (brady games)
saints row ( brady games)
valhalla knights (prima) x 3
scar face

I'm about to print out the list for BB tomorrow and want to make sure I grab the right stuff. Is Pokemon Battle Revolution the only game that has multiple guides, and which one is pennied? The one not from Nintendo Power?

[quote name='Rocko']I'm about to print out the list for BB tomorrow and want to make sure I grab the right stuff. Is Pokemon Battle Revolution the only game that has multiple guides, and which one is pennied? The one not from Nintendo Power?[/quote]

The prima guide for pokemon battle revo is pennied out

but at gamestop the nintendo power pokemon battle revo is pennied out

Has anyone had any luck @ CC with their guides? I went today and found a few on the list and when I checked the price they all came up full price?

[quote name='jimijumper']Has anyone had any luck @ CC with their guides? I went today and found a few on the list and when I checked the price they all came up full price?[/quote]

CC hasn't pennied out guides for several years now. They'll clearance some out on occasion but it's very rare.

[quote name='jimijumper']Has anyone had any luck @ CC with their guides? I went today and found a few on the list and when I checked the price they all came up full price?[/quote]

Only guides I wish I had snagged from a CC bout 2 hours from here when I was up there about 6 months ago, was Zelda Minish Cap for $2 each. But, I didn't realize what they go for on the Bay and by the time I did, they had chucked 'em.

Only time I've managed to get a 'penny' guide from CC was when I somehow successfully pricematched a God Of War II penny guide from BB with receipt @ a CC down the hill from there.

[quote name='neocisco']CC hasn't pennied out guides for several years now. They'll clearance some out on occasion but it's very rare.[/quote]

And they also suck in general. One time, I had found a FFI&II guide that scanned for $1.XX, but the computer wouldn't let them sell it and, after an hour, they wouldn't give it to me.

OK, I guess I'll cross CC off of my list for guide hunting. I'm new to this so thanks for the input.

Right now I'm just looking for guides to games I own or am planning on purchasing and not for trading. I know it's not a requirement to trade but I am planning on getting in the trade game someday, I just have to find time to read all the trading rules, etc.

Say what? Looks like those two aren't in the wiki from the 10-25 drop. Or was the another drop I should know about from GS?

[quote name='boyboy1080']went to gamestop today i found these guides

pokemon battle revolution (nintendo Power)
super paper mario ( nitnedo Power)
stuntman ignition (brady games)
saints row ( brady games)
valhalla knights (prima) x 3
scar face[/quote]
Didn't realize Stuntman Ignition was pennied. Any chance I can get one of those Valhalla Knights from you? (Since I reported it? lol)

[quote name='Rocko']I know my GS used to have a copy of KH. I should check. Was there a drop after 10-25 I should add to the wiki?[/quote]
I found Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and Super Paper Mario all Nintendo Power on 10/30.

The Kingdom Hearts one I found was a few days prior.

Heading out to find Valhalla Kinghts and another Ace Combat 6 face plate now.
Does anyone think anyone would trade an Eternal Sonata face plate for an Ace Combat 6 one?

Off to scour BB for guides, and I guess I'll check GS for a KH guide. They never have anything though, so I'm not even bothering to print a list. I'm just looking for KH, SPM and Pokemon D/P.

Only time I've managed to get a 'penny' guide from CC was when I somehow successfully pricematched a God Of War II penny guide from BB with receipt @ a CC down the hill from there.[/quote said:
Dude, you pricematched a penny guide...now that takes balls! I bow down to the master. You really are the cheapest gamer.:applause: :applause: :applause:

I tried getting some of Circuit City's penny guides on the day they dropped and they rung up at $0.01 so the cashier had the manager check it out and he said...

"Well....pull them until we figure out what the problem is."

No guides for me :( I almost bought a $2 Batallion Wars guide once but it was ridiculously beaten up.

i went to a gs and i was minding my own buisness and the clerk yells at me about penny guides i was like dude i am just looking at guides, well you cant have any if their a penny so i said what are you talking about,playing dumb, then he goes a rant about .1 guides, i just told him to go to hell and walked out actually i wanted to buy some games oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back