Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread X(Ten)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists(master drop lists and recent drops):

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date,also check the second post in this thread):

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187222

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinavere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?

A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Failed" EDIT take 2: The manager I talked to said the drop occured yesterday. I don't know if that is important for the front page drop list, but it does explain why some usually productive locations were not today.

[quote name='Ziv']Alright. A quality not quantity morning at Gamestop. I snagge:
Fallout 3 CE
Prince of Persia CE
And
Mirrors Edge (hardcover)

Yea. Early bird gets the worm, eh?[/QUOTE]

For the record, I checked the website and these are the only three that are missing. I'd say this list is complete.

Sweet, now I can look forward to a ton of people refusing to trade me Fallout 3, the same way they turned me down with Fable 2.

[quote name='supaet']how the hell can you people find fo3 ce
isnt it selling for more than msrp amazon market place?[/quote]
It used to, but it is about $20 to $25 shipped now. EDIT: eBay

By the way, is there any way to see what things are actually selling for on Amazon?

Picked up 2 Prince of Persia CE today at GS.

I am looking to trade a Prince of Persia CE for the Mirrors Edge (Hard Cover).

I also have a Soul Calibur IV CE and Mass Effect CE for trade.

Thanks everyone, I checked 4 Gamestops today, but only one had any guides still on the spinner. I picked up the Prince of Persia LE guide and the Mirror's Edge guide. No Fallout 3 LE guides to be found at the "good" store. No worries though, I know of a Best Buy that has a bunch and I'm feeling a BB drop for this guide within the next month or two.

[quote name='elkanich']Picked up 2 Prince of Persia CE today at GS.

I am looking to trade a Prince of Persia CE for the Mirrors Edge (Hard Cover).

I also have a Soul Calibur IV CE and Mass Effect CE for trade.[/quote]

IATCG is probably going to kill you for that post.

I found one Price of Persia LE at the Gamestop in Everett, MA. Sadly, they wouldn't let me have it. First time I've gotten denied. Also hit the Gamestops near Kelly's Roast Beef and the Meadowglen Mall (there's 3 of them within a mile of each other right by the mystic river, it's weird) and they had nothing. Metro Boston CAGs will need to try elsewhere.

Ah well, I was getting groceries at the time anyway. I rarely venture out looking specifically for penny guides, so it's not so disappointing when I can't get any.

Found Orange Box at GameCrazy. They said it's not supposed to be out there but they would sell it to me for $10. WTF?!

Denying the sale because it's a field destroy is one thing but pulling a stunt out of their ass is another :bomb:

[quote name='sunnysky']Sweet, now I can look forward to a ton of people refusing to trade me Fallout 3, the same way they turned me down with Fable 2.[/quote]

due to your constant whining and crying i for one will NEVER trade with you...maybe if you stayed positive and offered something to the person who has the guide you want you might get someone to send you one, i personally got TWO DIFFERENT people to send me Fable 2 LE when it dropped and alls i had to do is send them 2 or 3 guides they weren't able to get, simple as that bro!

[quote name='eau']Found Orange Box at GameCrazy. They said it's not supposed to be out there but they would sell it to me for $10. WTF?!

Denying the sale because it's a field destroy is one thing but pulling a stunt out of their ass is another :bomb:[/quote]

This is starting to be a common occurrence for people that find drops at GC. I'd really like to hear from a GC employee or former employee on this. What is the is the reasoning behind the arbitrary pricing? Do they pocket the money (I really doubt it) or do they have to show they made some money on the purchase?

[quote name='Dhuk']This may be a long shot and very YMMV, but does Fry's penny out guides?[/QUOTE]

Rarely, they do discount the guides, but it's been a long time since I saw anything discounted that was relatively new.

[quote name='eau']Found Orange Box at GameCrazy. They said it's not supposed to be out there but they would sell it to me for $10. WTF?!

Denying the sale because it's a field destroy is one thing but pulling a stunt out of their ass is another :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ninjabenja']This is starting to be a common occurrence for people that find drops at GC. I'd really like to hear from a GC employee or former employee on this. What is the is the reasoning behind the arbitrary pricing? Do they pocket the money (I really doubt it) or do they have to show they made some money on the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Uh, Gamestop too. I found a VC guide a few weeks ago and bought it along with some other stuff. I saw it come up at a penny, then the guy said "whoops", typed away a little, and adjusted it to $17.99. I said I didn't want it if it wasn't a penny and he said "it wouldn't ever be a penny". Afterwards I said if it was going to be destroyed could I at least have it without the back cover? He said they don't destroy those guides are required to send them back. OK, jackass, if that's the case, why did you just try to sell it to me for full price? :roll:

I still fail to see how anyone gets penny guides from GS. It has never been anything short of an extreme hassle to me. I think I got one there once and it was an exception - they let me have it but it was a "just this once" kind of thing.

[quote name='io']

I still fail to see how anyone gets penny guides from GS. It has never been anything short of an extreme hassle to me. I think I got one there once and it was an exception - they let me have it but it was a "just this once" kind of thing.[/quote]

It really depends on the Gamestop. The one nearest my apartment has employees that are really chill and don't care at all. The clerk yesterday even said, "We're supposed to get rid of them, but I don't care if I sell them to you." At another store, the employees are just pricks. I usually stay away from that one. Well I don't, but I hate walking in there.

i gave up long ago going for guides at gamestop, i just don't see why they go through all that. why not just issue a pull order, then destroy send back or whatever?

[quote name='disillusion386']It really depends on the Gamestop. The one nearest my apartment has employees that are really chill and don't care at all. The clerk yesterday even said, "We're supposed to get rid of them, but I don't care if I sell them to you." At another store, the employees are just pricks. I usually stay away from that one. Well I don't, but I hate walking in there.[/quote]

Yeah, it's very YMMV with the clerks. Last drop (not yesterday) I walked into the GS near my work, and was greeted by the CSR with a handshake and a "hey, some guides pennied today." I played a couple rounds of SFIV with him, took an obligatory look around the store, and left with half a dozen guides. Of course, then you get some stores where the CSRs are combative about you using the Edge card with the weekly coupon (happened to me at 2 out of 5 stores with the PS2 coupon last week), so it's just luck of the draw.

Oh, damn. I haven't successfully scored a CE/LE guide at any GS since Soul Calibur 3 LE dropped in like 2005... I get enough slack with regular guides but chances are impossibly slim I'll get a hardcover/thick guide for .01.

The sad thing is that I know of 3 GS locations that have 1 Fallout 3 CE guide each that will be out of my reach.

was able to grab TWO (2) PoP LE's...and i don't even own the game (tho this guide is beautiful and i may have to buy the game now!)

and the other guide is actually for my g/f...NOT for ebay :whistle2:D

[quote name='io']Uh, Gamestop too. I found a VC guide a few weeks ago and bought it along with some other stuff. I saw it come up at a penny, then the guy said "whoops", typed away a little, and adjusted it to $17.99. I said I didn't want it if it wasn't a penny and he said "it wouldn't ever be a penny". Afterwards I said if it was going to be destroyed could I at least have it without the back cover? He said they don't destroy those guides are required to send them back. OK, jackass, if that's the case, why did you just try to sell it to me for full price? :roll:

I still fail to see how anyone gets penny guides from GS. It has never been anything short of an extreme hassle to me. I think I got one there once and it was an exception - they let me have it but it was a "just this once" kind of thing.[/quote]

I have two local GS stores that usually won't deny me a guide if it's still on the shelf or if I ask for ONE or two in particular from a drop, but I'm sure if I said 'gimme all ya got' I'd get denied in a second.

Funny thing is, the one store that is pretty good at letting me grab guides is the local office of their district manager, who put down a strict 'pull and destroy' edict a year or two ago.

Unfortunately, the store that USED to be the best one for me is now the worst since the employees who didn't give a shit about following the DM's rules quit and/or got fired. The manager who works that store used to let me grab guides all the time there but he's rarely in anymore.

Let me ask a quick question though: Has anyone ever had an employee not only deny you a guide but then you end up seeing it back on the shelf the next time you're there? I had that happen a few years back with the Gran Turismo: Driving The Game book and the books were put back on the shelf after each of two unsuccessful attempts to get them for .01 .

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like that before.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Let me ask a quick question though: Has anyone ever had an employee not only deny you a guide but then you end up seeing it back on the shelf the next time you're there? I had that happen a few years back with the Gran Turismo: Driving The Game book and the books were put back on the shelf after each of two unsuccessful attempts to get them for .01 .[/quote]

I haven't, I've only been denied at a Gamestop once, but if something like that did happen, I'd be tempted to toss a penny on the desk and walk out with it.

Yeah...I'm asking to go to jail.

[quote name='thehoweller']I haven't, I've only been denied at a Gamestop once, but if something like that did happen, I'd be tempted to toss a penny on the desk and walk out with it.

Yeah...I'm asking to go to jail.[/quote]

What'll they do? Arrest you for paying the price that rang up :roll:

I don't even bother going into Gamestops anymore, I just check the dumpster. Found a stack of 50ish guides once...and they were next to the dumpster, not in it. No diving + free guides = :D

[quote name='io']Uh, Gamestop too. I found a VC guide a few weeks ago and bought it along with some other stuff. I saw it come up at a penny, then the guy said "whoops", typed away a little, and adjusted it to $17.99. I said I didn't want it if it wasn't a penny and he said "it wouldn't ever be a penny". Afterwards I said if it was going to be destroyed could I at least have it without the back cover? He said they don't destroy those guides are required to send them back. OK, jackass, if that's the case, why did you just try to sell it to me for full price? :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have two local GS stores that usually won't deny me a guide if it's still on the shelf or if I ask for ONE or two in particular from a drop, but I'm sure if I said 'gimme all ya got' I'd get denied in a second.

Funny thing is, the one store that is pretty good at letting me grab guides is the local office of their district manager, who put down a strict 'pull and destroy' edict a year or two ago.

Unfortunately, the store that USED to be the best one for me is now the worst since the employees who didn't give a shit about following the DM's rules quit and/or got fired. The manager who works that store used to let me grab guides all the time there but he's rarely in anymore.

Let me ask a quick question though: Has anyone ever had an employee not only deny you a guide but then you end up seeing it back on the shelf the next time you're there? I had that happen a few years back with the Gran Turismo: Driving The Game book and the books were put back on the shelf after each of two unsuccessful attempts to get them for .01 .

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like that before.[/quote]

So did you guys just say, "Screw the discussion thread" or what? :lol:

Luckily my manager buddy was working today. He held onto a PoP guide for me. I was told that next week's GS penny drops will include Mad World & Gears of War 2 (and at least another one that I can't remember)

[quote name='shoe478']So did you guys just say, "Screw the discussion thread" or what? :lol:[/quote]

I didn't at first, but since everyone else couldn't seem to find their way to the discussion thread I figure I might as well join everybody else.

It's not like it takes forever to re-create the first, second and third posts for a new thread, since most of it's an easy cut/paste job, but I think it was just the fact that it's typically such a short time between creation and locking each thread due to the yammering.

I will say that at least most other CAG's keep the trade requests where they belong, so I should be grateful for that, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have two local GS stores that usually won't deny me a guide if it's still on the shelf or if I ask for ONE or two in particular from a drop, but I'm sure if I said 'gimme all ya got' I'd get denied in a second.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like that before.[/quote]

I know you guys are expecting drop info, sorry about this, but I had to chime in about this. I tried to pickup Vakyria Chronicles and the manager said no and threw it behind the counter. One week later I see it on the shelf again and when I tried it again, they adjusted it to retail price. I went there a few days ago and they still have like 8 Blue Dragon Plus and 3 Tales of Symphonia on the spinning rack. :bomb:

[quote name='boneless']I know you guys are expecting drop info, sorry about this, but I had to chime in about this. I tried to pickup Vakyria Chronicles and the manager said no and threw it behind the counter. One week later I see it on the shelf again and when I tried it again, they adjusted it to retail price. I went there a few days ago and they still have like 8 Blue Dragon Plus and 3 Tales of Symphonia on the spinning rack. :bomb:[/quote]

I love when they do that. I had 2-3 employees deny me on the Gran Turismo: Driving the Game hardcover about 3 or so years ago back when EB was still a seperate entity.

Those books sat on the damn shelf for about 3-6 months after I tried 2-3 times to get them and was told they 'couldn't sell them'.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Tomorrow is the first Monday of the month. The most wonderful day of the month...[/quote]

Yeah, but will there be any drops is the question?

[quote name='cblakerobinson']Yeah, but will there be any drops is the question?[/QUOTE]

It's possible. GTA IV and Fallout 3 LE just disappeared from the web site.

[quote name='loxthefox']It's possible. GTA IV and Fallout 3 LE just disappeared from the web site.[/quote]

Which website/store? Best Buy or what?

It looks like the Fallout 3 LE disappeared from the BB web site. I wonder if that means a drop is happening today or they are just changing the website early before the usual monday drop?

dang, just did bb google cache trick to check inventory and Fallout 3 LE is sold out in my area....any cool CAGs that can pick me up a copy (if this drops tomorrow...hey Vahn u on bro to confirm this) i'd be down with trading a LE edition i've got an extra one of like Fable 2 LE, Sould Calibur 4 LE, or Mass Effect LE.

Here's the cache link--->
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:XqExouBVYM8J:www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D9107138%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D1218023853959+bestbuy.com+fallout+collectors+edition+guide&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

....click Check Stores, then it'll say expired, click the back button on your browser, then click Check Stores again and put in your zip code and PRESTO there's a inventory status of that guide. Anyways PM me if you can get an extra copy i'd much appreciate it and lets keep our fingers crossed for a drop tomorrow but it could happen next month, who knows...except for Vahn, where are you man, your our only hope!

I came up with a new thing when trying to get penny guides at Best Buy (actually my first attempt.) The guy went nuts when the 007 guide rang up for a penny and he asked if I was a member of the gamer's club and I said yes (which is the truth.) He said that must be why it rang up for a penny.

FYI for those wondering. Fallout 3 LE has not dropped yet at Best Buy. I just bought a copy to bring back up to school with me to either A) Get a PM tomorrow if it does drop, or B) Return and Rebuy.

[quote name='mvp828']FYI for those wondering. Fallout 3 LE has not dropped yet at Best Buy. I just bought a copy to bring back up to school with me to either A) Get a PM tomorrow if it does drop, or B) Return and Rebuy.[/quote]

I've never known anyone to get a PM or return-rebuy on a clearance pennied guide. Good luck with that.

It's always hit or miss at gamestop. Today I hit up about 5 stores looking to get some Fallout 3 guides for CAG's.

Ended up with 2 Mirror Edges, 2 Prince Of Persia and a Persona 4 guide for $9.99. Got lucky and found the 4 pennied guides at 1 store with a new employee who didn't know the policy.

I've had no such luck. The LE's are what I really enjoy, especially since I own the three. The only GS around me that ever allowed it got in trouble.

No copies of Fallout CE guide available at (even though BB website says they're in stock):
Porter Ranch, CA
Santa Clarita, CA
Sherman Oaks, CA

I'm on hold w/ Sherman Oaks, CA store. I'll update this post when I find anything.

[EDIT: Well, Sherman Oaks, CA didn't have any, but kept me on hold on & off for at least 30 minutes. She felt bad about the long waiting period & tried to find other stores that cary it. At one point the gal said BB had stopped carying the CE all together, then somebody came up to her & said they might've found a copy in their warehouse. I was put on hold another long period & then was told they'd hold that copy for me.

Hopefully all this rig-a-marole means this guide really is going to have a huge price drop very, very soon.
Hopefully

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loxthefox']It's possible. GTA IV and Fallout 3 LE just disappeared from the web site.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that this morning, also. Wanted to buy GTA IV for in-store pick up and it was gone from the site.

oh and here's a cache for GTA 4 which is sold out in my area except one store so if anyone can grab an extra for me i'd be mucho appriciato LOL---->

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:fBupmqHKIgEJ:www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8746431%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D1202649178341+bestbuy.com+grand+theft+auto+iv+guide&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

[quote name='sacreddoctor']dang, just did bb google cache trick to check inventory and Fallout 3 LE is sold out in my area....any cool CAGs that can pick me up a copy (if this drops tomorrow...hey Vahn u on bro to confirm this) i'd be down with trading a LE edition i've got an extra one of like Fable 2 LE, Sould Calibur 4 LE, or Mass Effect LE.

Here's the cache link--->
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...ectors+edition+guide&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

....click Check Stores, then it'll say expired, click the back button on your browser, then click Check Stores again and put in your zip code and PRESTO there's a inventory status of that guide. Anyways PM me if you can get an extra copy i'd much appreciate it and lets keep our fingers crossed for a drop tomorrow but it could happen next month, who knows...except for Vahn, where are you man, your our only hope![/quote]

btw, anything else disappear from the site?

[quote name='lawdood']I've never known anyone to get a PM or return-rebuy on a clearance pennied guide. Good luck with that.[/quote]

I just go to the customer service desk when a girl that I know is working (we have a little bit of a 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours relationship)... She has hooked me up time and time again. Let's just say that when I graduate and/or she leaves the store it is going to be a very sad day for me.

She has allowed me to PM items that weren't even listed in competitor's ads many times.

[quote name='mvp828']I just go to the customer service desk when a girl that I know is working (we have a little bit of a 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours relationship)... She has hooked me up time and time again. Let's just say that when I graduate and/or she leaves the store it is going to be a very sad day for me.

She has allowed me to PM items that weren't even listed in competitor's ads many times.[/quote]

wow, did you have to get with her to do this, is she chunky or an ugly betty...if so was she any good in the sack?

[quote name='mvp828']I just go to the customer service desk when a girl that I know is working (we have a little bit of a 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours relationship)... She has hooked me up time and time again. Let's just say that when I graduate and/or she leaves the store it is going to be a very sad day for me.

She has allowed me to PM items that weren't even listed in competitor's ads many times.[/quote]
Sounds like you might get her into trouble sooner or later if you get her to go beyond the scope of the store policy.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']wow, did you have to get with her to do this, is she chunky or an ugly betty...if so was she any good in the sack?[/quote]

Haha... Kind of misleading on my previous post. To answer your question, she is really really cute. That being said, I met her at a party my first year at school, and have partied with her many times since. I have helped her with some personal things in the past few years, and so it is more like a brother-sister relationship where I just look out for her and she helps me out in return.

[quote name='eau']Sounds like you might get her into trouble sooner or later if you get her to go beyond the scope of the store policy.[/quote]

I try to only have her help me occasionally. She really has only gone beyond policy 2 or 3 times with the PMs. Otherwise she has just helped me out by setting stuff aside for me or looking away when penny guides rang up and not raising any questions to her manager. For instance last week she set aside 3 of the $10 games that I wanted since I couldn't get in to the store until Monday.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']btw, anything else disappear from the site?[/QUOTE]

Everything missing and/or limited is listed in the 2nd page.

This will be intresting as I have a bestbuy with 30+ copies of the Fallout 3 CE guide. Unfortunately i'll be working and won't be able to go there until 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back