Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']"2010: The Year the of the Penny Guide Crackdown"

If stores are pulling them this week, can we anticipate that the penny price will go into effect on Monday? I mean, Best Buy still has to clearance them in the computer system, right? Maybe some stores will forget to pull them and there's a slight chance that people can still find them once they actually drop.[/QUOTE]

This. I mean just b/c some stores are pulling the guides, doesn't mean that all are. Even if its mandated, maybe there are some GMs who do view it as a waste and would rather make their customers happy. I mean, during the last one, you would be surprised at the lack of resistance I got, rather, smiling faces and "have a good day!" from a lot of them. And the one store w/ them on a table! don't give up hope...

I am not seeing guides getting pulled at my local BestBuys. I also think the bestbuys here in CT are more lacks then other parts of the country from what I see in this thread.On a side note, i Did stop at a gs today and got denied for operation flashpoint. Clerk told me he had to charge me $19.99. I told him to keep it.

Well I know when I use to work at gamestop the DM at one time made us hold on to them in the back and he would come and take them out of inventory and destroy them because som many of the empolyees were taking them to a local used bookstore and selling them for cash. I was taking them and collecting them, lol. I know they had eased up on that over the past year. Maybe that what BB is doing? Who knows....

"Game Guide Junk out - Move product to back room for junk out.
Attached is the list of guides that we would like the continuity team to pull from the shelves the week of 2/14, placed in a tote, and held in the warehouse (some guides could be in VG & PC sections)."

9007399 WARHAMMER ONLINE AGE RECKONING
9101535 FAR CRY
29135884 PRINCE OF PERSIA
9218287 HALO WARS
9378684 PROTOTYPE
9522288 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA SMASH-UP
9530509 NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
29530563 CODES & CHEATS FALL
20099539449 SW CLONE WARS REPUBLIC HEROES (SKU # ???)
9539485 BRUTAL LEGEND
9572009 TEKKEN 6 OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9522233 MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2 OFFICIAL STRA
9632174 CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE WII
9539662 CHEAT CODE OVERLOAD FALL
20099571947 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW
20109572018 GTA EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY OFFICIAL
8746431 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV SIGNATURE SERIES
9501835 DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OFFICIAL STRATEG
9614502 RATCHET & CLANK: CRACK IN TIME OFFICIAL
9501853 CHAMPIONS ONLINE OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9571938 GTA CHINATOWN WARS PSP OFFICIAL GUIDE
9571929 SAW: THE VIDEOGAME OFFICIAL STRATEGY GU

You didn't hear it from me...

GTA4 finally joined the group.

I FINALLY CRACKED THE GUIDE CODE!! (sorta)

Actually upon further notice maybe the skus start at the first 9.

Hope you guy don't mind I put this here. Was gonna put it in the discussion thread but I wanted it to get noticed. No dates where given on when the drop will occur but I'm thinking Sunday or the usuall old skool first Monday.

* It was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The 2 wasn't on the list but it in fact is.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']"Game Guide Junk out - Move product to back room for junk out.
Attached is the list of guides that we would like the continuity team to pull from the shelves the week of 2/14, placed in a tote, and held in the warehouse (some guides could be in VG & PC sections)."

9007399WARHAMMER ONLINE AGE RECKONING
9101535FAR CRY
29135884PRINCE OF PERSIA
9218287HALO WARS
9378684PROTOTYPE
9522288TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA SMASH-UP
9530509NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
29530563CODES & CHEATS FALL
20099539449SW CLONE WARS REPUBLIC HEROES
9539485BRUTAL LEGEND
9572009TEKKEN 6 OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9522233MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2 OFFICIAL STRA
9632174CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE WII
9539662CHEAT CODE OVERLOAD FALL
20099571947WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW
20109572018GTA EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY OFFICIAL
8746431GRAND THEFT AUTO IV SIGNATURE SERIES
9501835DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OFFICIAL STRATEG
9614502RATCHET & CLANK: CRACK IN TIME OFFICIAL
9501853CHAMPIONS ONLINE OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9571938GTA CHINATOWN WARS PSP OFFICIAL GUIDE
9571929SAW: THE VIDEOGAME OFFICIAL STRATEGY GU

I FINALLY CRACKED THE GUIDE CODE!! (sorta)[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I need to check my BBYs to see if anyone is following orders

Stopped by my BB today and noticed all the guides Frosty just posted were already pulled. Still saw shelf tags and empty spaces on the racks. Looks like a penny guide crackdown IS in effect.

Yeah now that I know how to look for the drops I'll try and give the info as soon as possible. I'll pm lox when I get home on how too. 2 heads are better then 1.

My store still hasn't pulled them but we don't have large numbers to begin with. Sucks there are no CE/LE's on there.

hmmm...Thanks for the list Frosty...so these guides being pulled...we ARE still expecting them to be pennied correct? It would be a major bummer if pulled guides no longer appear as a penny in the system...

[quote name='xDerekRx']Hmm we need a penny home Depot item thread.[/QUOTE]

there is one over at SD. i remember reading about someone getting a toilet for a penny. wish it was me. ... just to get a penny toilet.

[quote name='shelisheli']there is one over at SD. i remember reading about someone getting a toilet for a penny. wish it was me. ... just to get a penny toilet.[/QUOTE]So...you mean I've been collecting these guides to make a throne when I could have simply bought a porcelain one? Crap.

Interesting, my local BB still had around eight of those listed guides when I was there yesterday buying Brutal Legend. Maybe I'll get lucky, heh.

[quote name='lawdood']Stopped by my BB today and noticed all the guides Frosty just posted were already pulled. Still saw shelf tags and empty spaces on the racks. Looks like a penny guide crackdown IS in effect.[/QUOTE] BOOO! I don't understand why they just can't leave them on the shelves. Do you know how many trees their killing by just destroying these?

I always get a laugh out of the Chicken Littles like one guy on the last page who declare the penny guide apocalypse is upon us every time they can't get a guide at their one BB or just hear a rumor about a crackdown.

[quote name='kell']Thanks for the update Frosty. Didn't this happen last year when there was a big drop?[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember something like that as well. The next drop after it was business as usual. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='Jesse757x']BOOO! I don't understand why they just can't leave them on the shelves. Do you know how many trees their killing by just destroying these?[/QUOTE]

The trees are killed when they make them, Stephen Hawking.

:roll: All the 'zomg this is the end of penny guides as we know it' stuff is really helping to keep this thread on topic, folks.

Until we see BB adopt a TRU mentality where stuff is just quietly pulled and eliminated from its inventory, can we please shut up about this kind of stuff or take it to the discussion thread.

The only thing that should be kept out of all this discussion are the updates from lox or Frosty.

we can all blame the FTF fiasco with people being greedy and getting 20 copies for free or more, so lame!

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']"Game Guide Junk out - Move product to back room for junk out.

9007399 WARHAMMER ONLINE AGE RECKONING
9101535 FAR CRY
29135884 PRINCE OF PERSIA
9218287 HALO WARS
9378684 PROTOTYPE
9522288 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA SMASH-UP
9530509 NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
29530563 CODES & CHEATS FALL
20099539449 SW CLONE WARS REPUBLIC HEROES (SKU # ???)
9539485 BRUTAL LEGEND
9572009 TEKKEN 6 OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9522233 MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2 OFFICIAL STRA
9632174 CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE WII
9539662 CHEAT CODE OVERLOAD FALL
20099571947 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW
20109572018 GTA EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY OFFICIAL
8746431 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV SIGNATURE SERIES
9501835 DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OFFICIAL STRATEG
9614502 RATCHET & CLANK: CRACK IN TIME OFFICIAL
9501853 CHAMPIONS ONLINE OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE
9571938 GTA CHINATOWN WARS PSP OFFICIAL GUIDE
9571929 SAW: THE VIDEOGAME OFFICIAL STRATEGY GU

I FINALLY CRACKED THE GUIDE CODE!! (sorta)

Actually upon further notice maybe the skus start at the first 9.

Hope you guy don't mind I put this here. Was gonna put it in the discussion thread but I wanted it to get noticed. No dates where given on when the drop will occur but I'm thinking Sunday or the usuall old skool first Monday.

* It was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The 2 wasn't on the list but it in fact is.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ballbarfer']we can all blame the FTF fiasco with people being greedy and getting 20 copies for free or more, so lame![/QUOTE]

Of course. Let's blame everybody from that(and the SBD)coupon glitches and not think that maybe Best Buy is finally getting smart and doing it like Blockbuster has been doing it for years.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Zippon, I think you totally missed shoe's point. Sounded like "genius" was used as sarcasm in shoe's post.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you didn't read my reply, jg. ;)

His sarcasm made no sense. Since that would imply he was calling them stupid (the opposite of genius) for doing their jobs (pulling pennied guides so they are not sold, which is how it's supposed to work). I'm pointing out that being disappointed (not getting basically free guides due to retailer error) makes people say randomly dumb things (like shoe's comment). He should have just called them poo-poo heads and left it at that. :)

[quote name='Zippon']Sounds like you didn't read my reply, jg. ;)

His sarcasm made no sense. Since that would imply he was calling them stupid (the opposite of genius) for doing their jobs (pulling pennied guides so they are not sold, which is how it's supposed to work). I'm pointing out that being disappointed (not getting basically free guides due to retailer error) makes people say randomly dumb things (like shoe's comment). He should have just called them poo-poo heads and left it at that. :)[/QUOTE]

We all really, really care.

Hopefully, THAT is sarcasm that makes sense.

[quote name='eau']It looks like the days of getting pennied guides are over. First at GS, now BB.[/QUOTE]
And what would be the basis for that? I haven't seen anything that signals the end of penny guides... I just picked up some at GS a couple of weeks ago when they dropped and I am sure that the next BB drop will find me gutting their system yet again.

Although, if we're lauding the end of an era, you may as well complain about the end of free games at BB, too... Except tat they've done it twice in 3 months... Or the end of the B2G1 glitch... except that it will probably be right back in place the next time they do a B2G1 sale...

From what I understood, these guides are supposed to have been pulled but have yet to be pennied in the system. If they do penny them on Monday, you just have to hope you have careless/lazy employees at your BB.

[quote name='slowdive21']Are these pennied if we find them or are we thinking Monday will be the "drop"?[/QUOTE]
So far when checked they are still full price. People are only guessing when they will actually penny.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']So far when checked they are still full price. People are only guessing when they will actually penny.[/QUOTE]

No one is guessing they are a penny. We just got some info at Best Buy about pulling the end of life guides. My store has done this once and they got pennied shortly after. That memo I posted was straight from the inside at Best Buy. They got pulled at full price. There is a very good chance they will drop on Monday but they may also just get sent back and stop dropping while in the store.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']No one is guessing they are a penny. We just got some info at Best Buy about pulling the end of life guides. My store has done this once and they got pennied shortly after. That memo I posted was straight from the inside at Best Buy. They got pulled at full price. There is a very good chance they will drop on Monday but they may also just get sent back and stop dropping while in the store.[/QUOTE]
I said when they actually penny. I also said they are still full price. All told, if the poster I responded to read a few posts back, we would not be bumping this up now.

[quote name='crazedracerguy'].

Except tat they've done it twice in 3 months... Or the end of the B2G1 glitch... except that it will probably be right back in place the next time they do a B2G1 sale...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, new here, what is the B2G1 glitch?

Stop bumping the damn thread until Monday!

Yes, I can say this since it's already the topmost post in this forum. :p

Check your local Game Crazy stores, I just got back from the 2 dollar game sale and got a pristine KOTOR II XBOX guide for a penny, they too have lazy employees.

I only have 2 GC stores left from about 8 in months past and they are the ones that will never give up a penny guide. I sure hope the manager that used to be cool about letting me take the pennied guides made out OK. He was made a manager of the attached HWV, but that has also since closed.

Amid the talk of "penny guides are gone forever!!!" I had the opposite experience today. During the last drop, I struck out at almost every store. Then I hit a mall location and found 6 penny guides I really wanted. All but 2 of them were their respective last copies.

Fast forward to today, at that same store. The rack is positively stuffed with RATTY guides (some with covers ripped off--which means they were already pulled and destroyed, LOL) and many with huge rips and tears and chunks missing. I see quite a few that weren't around last time (like Resistance 2) and bring up 4 I didn't have yet. All penny, but the manager comes over and nixes the sale.

So some stores are restocking obvious penny guides from months ago....and refusing to sell them. #-o

[quote name='lobito']Sorry, new here, what is the B2G1 glitch?[/QUOTE]
buy two low price games, get the 3rd game free (no matter what price) super emphasizing

[quote name='ceck3969']Check your local Game Crazy stores, I just got back from the 2 dollar game sale and got a pristine KOTOR II XBOX guide for a penny, they too have lazy employees.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...that guide scanned 4.99 at mine last week...did it penny or something...does this mean there was a recent drop at GC?

[quote name='lobito']Sorry, new here, what is the B2G1 glitch?[/QUOTE]
It was a glitch in the system where instead of lowest priced game being free, it was the middle scanned game. So people would buy two copies of Rock Revolution for $10, and get something like Demon's Souls for free. If the cashier had half a brain, he/she would have stopped the transaction, noticing that there was something obviously wrong. But, then again, we are talking about cashiers.

went by all 3 BB in my area to see what the stock situation is in case there "is" a drop tomorrow and pretty much everything on the list to be pulled has been so it looks like BB is killing the penny guides cuz they use to drop the price on the same day they were suppose to be pulled but now pulling them at least a week ahead of time means the death of our beloved discounted game guides!

My store was full of every guide on that list. I hope it is still tomorrow when I go to grab BL. I guess YMMV. I hope my store has better tasks to perform/are lazy.

[quote name='ballbarfer']went by all 3 BB in my area to see what the stock situation is in case there "is" a drop tomorrow and pretty much everything on the list to be pulled has been so it looks like BB is killing the penny guides cuz they use to drop the price on the same day they were suppose to be pulled but now pulling them at least a week ahead of time means the death of our beloved discounted game guides![/QUOTE]

Well suppose this is true. Suppose BB is pulling guides a week ahead. At least it seems like we can still find out via the website what guides will be pulled. And from there we can at least hide the ones we seek and maybe wait til the next week to grab it. So maybe not the endof the world. But if BB starts pulling a week before the penny out, then it will truely be the end of a great era. But not the end of it all. Ill surely hide them in the DVDs or some other place that is quite concealed.

Home from work and I have a few more details about the next drop:

According to the page I read, there will be a drop THIS WEEK! More than likely tomorrow, but there will be one. The same page also had info about the pull last week FWIW. It didn't list anything that will penny, but it seems very likely that it was the list that Frosty listed a few days ago (BTW, thanks for the help Frosty).

If you need a refresher, here's the list:

Brutal Legend
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex
Champions Online
Cheat Code Overload Fall 2009
Codes & Cheats Fall 2009
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Far Cry 2
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo Wars
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Prince Of Persia
Prototype
Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Saw
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up
Tekken 6
Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010

It's possible a few more could drop, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well, that's all I know so far. Hopefully everything I said happens tomorrow and we can get SOMETHING. But if we don't, at least there aren't any LE's or RPG's on that list. So good luck and, as the kids say these days, grab dem shits!

P.S. If anyone can get me a GTA IV and/or a R&C guide you'd be doing me a huge favor. :)

Well I stopped at my local store today and all of those guides that Frosty and lox had listed had been pulled. I know that probably 80% of them were still on the shelf when I was there earlier this week. Even took a photo to double check when I got home:

bbguides.jpg

[quote name='loxthefox']Home from work and I have a few more details about the next drop:

According to the page I read, there will be a drop THIS WEEK! More than likely tomorrow, but there will be one. The same page also had info about the pull last week FWIW. It didn't list anything that will penny, but it seems very likely that it was the list that Frosty listed a few days ago (BTW, thanks for the help Frosty).

If you need a refresher, here's the list:

Brutal Legend
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex
Champions Online
Cheat Code Overload Fall 2009
Codes & Cheats Fall 2009
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Far Cry 2
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo Wars
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Prince Of Persia
Prototype
Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Saw
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up
Tekken 6
Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010

It's possible a few more could drop, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well, that's all I know so far. Hopefully everything I said happens tomorrow and we can get SOMETHING. But if we don't, at least there aren't any LE's or RPG's on that list. So good luck and, as the kids say these days, grab dem shits!

P.S. If anyone can get me a GTA IV and/or a R&C guide you'd be doing me a huge favor. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up and refresher, lox. But since there's no LE/SE/CE guides on that list and the bulk of that list is a big bag of meh, I'll be sitting out tomorrow and only go to BB later this week if a drop has been confirmed to pick up any leftovers.

There's nothing I really want on that list and the only thing I might consider (GTAIV) hasn't been in stock at my store for months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back