Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
AARGH! Forgot that I scheduled an appointment with Comcast for today. Hopefully the store I go to still has what I'm looking for tonight.

[quote name='david12795']First time guide hunting was a success. I was able to grab 6 guides.

Thanks everyone (I mean the ppl who helped) and cag![/QUOTE]

Where u from? BB's around me open at 10am ET

Well good luck to all today. Got what I needed already ;) (minus FFXIII)

I say be careful using the inventory locator. We have had guides in our system for a few weeks before they got shipped out. Just cause it says the store has the one you are looking for doesn't mean it is on the shelf.

[quote name='david12795']First time guide hunting was a success. I was able to grab 6 guides.

Thanks everyone (I mean the ppl who helped) and cag![/QUOTE]

Awesome. Which ones did you find if you don't mind me asking? And which one's were rare and which one's were plentiful? i.e. should I skip the BB on palm beach lakes blvd?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Awesome. Which ones did you find if you don't mind me asking? And which one's were rare and which one's were plentiful? i.e. should I skip the BB on palm beach lakes blvd?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in class right now. I went to gardens one.

Forgot there were cags in palm beach :p

Oh and my local bestbuy opens at 9 am for some reason. Ymmv

[quote name='david12795']Sorry for the late reply. I'm in class right now. I went to gardens one.

Forgot there were cags in palm beach :p[/QUOTE]

LOL Me too until I read your post. PM me if you can't find a guide that you're looking for. I don't know if you go to school at PBCC or FAU out at Gardens, but I'd be willing to meet up and trade guides. Heck, if I have doubles, I don't mind giving them to a fellow CAG.

This is my first time seeing this thread, and I tried using the SKU swap trick... but I don't know if I'm doing it right??

I searched for another item on Best Buy, clicked to locate a store, then I swapped in the SKU in the URL. The page refreshes, but it keeps the same info from the previous item.

I tried all the new ones at BB (FF13, Dead Rising, etc).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I got it to work! Don't know why what I did was any different than before, oh well.

Sadly all the stores around me say "Unavailable". Does this mean if I walked into my local one there won't be any around or is it worth a shot?

Also, if anyone can grab a guide of FFXIII CE Xbox360 version for me, I would gladly pay for the shipping!

:bomb: We got like 4+ inches or so of snow last night. Dammit Best Buy, why couldn't you have dropped these three weeks ago when the roads were already all cleared.:roll: If I had my own car I'd have been out as of 9:30am when I got the snow cleared, but since I'm borrowing a family member's to get around now I'll just wait till tomorrow or Wednesday and hope for the best.

I got an email notification to pick up my lone MOH CE I ordered for in-store pickup, but the other three I ordered for pickup this morning(SMG 2 CE, DR2 CE and C:LOS) are all ship to store orders and won't be 'in' until 3/14/11, which means they'll likely be cancelled.:roll:

Oh well. I still have the softcover DR2 guide from the Power Up Rewards 'free guide' coupon that I redeemed some points for, so I don't really need the hardcover one but I'd definitely want it if I could get it for a penny. There's nothing I really need from this drop so I'm not gonna kill myself to get out to BB to check today.
[quote name='t4nd4r']This is my first time seeing this thread, and I tried using the SKU swap trick... but I don't know if I'm doing it right??

I searched for another item on Best Buy, clicked to locate a store, then I swapped in the SKU in the URL. The page refreshes, but it keeps the same info from the previous item.

I tried all the new ones at BB (FF13, Dead Rising, etc).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I got it to work! Don't know why what I did was any different than before, oh well.

Sadly all the stores around me say "Unavailable". Does this mean if I walked into my local one there won't be any around or is it worth a shot?[/QUOTE]
You're hitting ENTER and not just refreshing the page, right?

Is there a list of all games available for this drop? (I thought I checked the thread but I only see a few scattered confirmations. If I missed it somewhere, I apologize)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']LOL Me too until I read your post. PM me if you can't find a guide that you're looking for. I don't know if you go to school at PBCC or FAU out at Gardens, but I'd be willing to meet up and trade guides. Heck, if I have doubles, I don't mind giving them to a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

Haha i don't have any guides I'm interested in right now. I do know the PGA had (if I recall) goldeneye, sprit track, assassins creed 2, dead rising, and quite several more actually. Although I grabbed the last smg2 and ff IV

Just got 15 w/only 2 doubles(Mario Galaxy 2 and Dead Rising 2) My Best Buy had like 50 copies each of Halo 3, Assassians Creed 2, and Zeldia Spirit Tracks. All of them were on an endcap that said clearance.

Do NOT waste your time on this deal! I went to 7 different bestbuys already and all of them had their guides pulled except one store said a person from Slickdeals dot net came in and bought 200 guides at once for just $2! Take it from me this deal is a waste of time! Oh and i hear there's a snow storm coming your way so you best keep off the roads anyways!

Went to a store closer to where I live and scored there. Got the MoH and Sly guides I was looking for, along with some others for trade. Still need that Dead Rising 2 one though.

Oh, and I met a fellow cag there too.

[quote name='stealCAGposts']Do NOT waste your time on this deal! I went to 7 different bestbuys already and all of them had their guides pulled except one store said a person from Slickdeals dot net came in and bought 200 guides at once for just $2! Take it from me this deal is a waste of time! Oh and i hear there's a snow storm coming your way so you best keep off the roads anyways![/QUOTE]

I see what you are doing. BAD!!!

[quote name='stealCAGposts']bye bye all...off to post more of your deals!![/QUOTE]
Does your public library realize that you're tying up 6 different computers with your various profiles and website visits?
When your mom dropped you off, did she realize this is what you were going to be doing all day?

[quote name='stealCAGposts']bye bye all...off to post more of your deals!![/QUOTE]

LOL, someone wants to gain some sort of weird internet notoriety. Let's all give him a reaction, so he can have the attention he so desperately wants, lolololol. Sir, we're all very sorry that you were born with a micro-sized penis.

I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, but there are other ways you can try to feel better about yourself. Maybe save up your money, move out of your mom's house, and go buy an expensive sports car or something. It's just a suggestion. I'm just saying there's plenty of ways to compensate for your tiny member.

I guess if trying to anger videogame nerds over the internet is the way you get off, then keep doing what you're doing. It's not hurting anyone and it's a valuable use of your time. I guess there's no way a woman will ever want to spend any time with you.

lol, im so fucking tired right now. I need quit rambling like an idiot, get some coffee and get to best buy.

well first store is a TOTAL bust i even had an employee check the back for a few of the guides i really wanted. going to check one more best buy on way to work. if anyone gets extras hit me up i really wanted castlevania lords and ff 4 heroes guides =(.

Hitting up the west coast stores in 2 hours, I have a few good stores near me that have been good for drops. I have 1 store in mind that has 80% of the drops. One of the stores has FF: XIII CE guides and they aren't even located in the guide section. Lets hope none of the books are pulled!

[quote name='loxthefox']Went to a store closer to where I live and scored there. Got the MoH and Sly guides I was looking for, along with some others for trade. Still need that Dead Rising 2 one though.

Oh, and I met a fellow cag there too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the list Lox. I don't recall ever seeing any DE 2 guides but if I ever do I'd be totally down to hook you up with one.

As usual, my store was a success (they never pull them, eventually they just put them in clearance with a .01 sticker).

Picked up:
Cheat Code Overload Summer 2010
Codes And Cheats Fall 2010
Dead Rising 2 LE
Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes Of Light
God Of War: Ghosts Of Sparta
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
The Sly Collection
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Super Mario Galaxy 2 LE
Super Scribblenauts

They had, but I did not want/need:
Assassin's Creed II (already had the LE from last drop)
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadows
Front Mission Evolved
Goldeneye 007
Halo 3 ODST
James Bond 007: Blood Stone
Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (already had the LE from last drop)
Lost Planet 2
Medal Of Honor LE
Resident Evil 5
Sonic Colors
Tron Evolution

Did not have:
Final Fantasy XIII LE
Lego Universe

Well I got there at 10:15, and it looks like they were in the process of pulling... Guys were all over stock checking and one guy had an Enslaved and a FME guide in his hand.. But I managed to get a few multiples of the LE guides, took those to my car, then went in for some of the less valuable guides, and a guy told me he was gonna "have to limit you to 1 of each of those because I saw you carry a stack to your car".. I said OK with a smile and proceeded to grab 11 unique guides :) Great day for guide drops

That's happened to me too, but Best Buy is like a 20 min. drive so I don't go too often.

Can't get out until 2PM today but I don't think going earlier would make any difference. Really want a FFXIII LE.

Nothing pulled at my local store. Glad to see they went back to their lazy ways after they had pre-pulled the past couple times! Scored most of what I wanted so I didn't hit up any of the other stores I had planned on going to.

Lox, thanks for the pre-drop info. If there are any guides that you are not able to find shoot me a PM and hopefully I can help you out. I only have one DR 2 CE as of now though.

Stopped at 3 best buys in Buffalo and every single one had them pulled...even checked the overstock area because they tend to forget some are there too and it was a no go. Just wanted to give a heads up to all other CAG out in Buffalo

Got lucky at my local store, got pretty much everything that dropped. Skipped a few I had no interest in, like Tron. They didn't have any FFXIII, but had the other LEs. Prior to going to that one i ordered for instore pickup a copy of Sly at the BB near work. Got the ready for pickup email for that, so ill grab that tomorrow.

Found just about everything at the Mecahnicsville (VA) BB, but they were working the video game section when I arrived just after opening, so it was only a matter of time...

Laburnum and Short Pump BBs were pre-pulled.

[quote name='ozzymandd']Found just about everything at the Mecahnicsville (VA) BB, but they were working the video game section when I arrived just after opening, so it was only a matter of time...

Laburnum and Short Pump BBs were pre-pulled.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, thanks for this post. I was going to hit the one on Broad out by Short Pump after work, but now I don't have to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back