Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Killbomb']The Bridgeton, MO Best Buy still has copies of some of the guides from the latest pull. Saw 3 SMG2 collector's editions, 1 Spider-Man Dimensions, several Resident Evil 5 and 1 Lost Planet 2. Picked up an SMG2 CE so there are now 2 left. :D[/QUOTE]Surprising to hear that they had some of the guides left, as they've not had guides out on prior drops.

I guess I may need to run by there during the next drop.

Just visited a Gamestop in the city across from me. Saw Borderlands GOTY and Starcraft II on the rack. I'm still a little confused with the "LE" usage. The original post just says Borderlands- so the GOTY hardcover one is no good? And the original post says Starcraft II LE. The one I saw was paperback, just said Starcraft II.

Thanks for any help.

^ Yes, in your game none of the guides you saw are pennied. The hardcover GOTY is different from just the normal Borderlands paperback guide, and Starcraft II LE (the hardcover) was pennied, but not the normal paperback one.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']no info on a possible drop anywhere tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it with one so recent but it wouldn't be the first time and plus it is the 3rd monday of the month so lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!

Don't expect one until April 1st at gamestop or July for Bestbuy, unless there's a random drop.

Managed to snag 2 SMG2 LE's (1 for me, 1 for my sister) and a copy of the Sims 3: Ambitions at Best Buy. Waiting in line for the lone cashier, the Ops Manager called me over to the service desk to ring me out. Kept up my poker face and handed her the guides, asking her how her day was. She responded politely enough, rang up the first guide, scowled a little and rang up the next. She sighed loudly, and said "Alright, where do you guys find these lists online?" Laughing hard on the inside, I shrugged and said I wasn't aware they were posted online, another local Best Buy actually had shelf tags made up for them (the truth, actually, though not why I knew to grab them ;) )

All in all, not a bad haul, and I am very excited for the SMG2 guide since I have the game but have yet to play it.

It's not even the end of the month yet. If a drop were to occur it'd be either the middle/end of next month(going by Best Buy's new drop schedule) or on a WEDS/THURS going by Gamestop's usual drop schedule.

So you're a little early.:razz:

Of course there is, we were just waiting on you to ask.

Its been months since I've picked up any guides, but I was able to find a Goldeneye 007 guide tagged with a .01 sticker. Guy just made sure it was out of the system and let me have it.

[quote name='microchip2378']Picked up New Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid: Other M guides for a penny today at Gamestop....[/QUOTE]Was it New Super Mario Bros Wii or DS?

[quote name='shrike4242']Was it New Super Mario Bros Wii or DS?[/QUOTE]

Probably the Wii version, which dropped back in the beginning of January at Gamestop. The store he went to must have had it sitting in the back or they just never noticed it until now since the other nintendo guides dropped.

[quote name='shrike4242']Was it New Super Mario Bros Wii or DS?[/QUOTE]

Probably Wii since the DS one pennied a long time ago

[quote name='Ultragamer']Probably the Wii version, which dropped back in the beginning of January at Gamestop. The store he went to must have had it sitting in the back or they just never noticed it until now since the other nintendo guides dropped.[/QUOTE]

Well that explains alot since I haven't seen one in months until I saw this one in their back room.... Yes its the Wii version

Second and third posts are updated. Just need for someone to post the SKU's for each guide so I can add those to the SKU wiki post.

Thanks to microchip2378 and Ultragamer for the info/verification.

Ahhh I was at 2 gamestops today! No wonder the guy who was mad I got penny guides the last drop was giving me dirty looks today. I swear, I am going to start posting when I plan to go to gamestop. There is always a drop within a day or 2.

Only got the Epic Yarn Guide today, everything else was OOS at the gamestop I went to.
And I'm guessing it's only the Super Mario Galaxy 2 hardcover that's pennied? Asked for a price check on the paperback today and it was $20. :whistle2:(

Picked up a Hardcover Mario Galaxy 2 for a penny at BB, in concord NH.
Metroid other M at gamestop for free.

Tried for the DR2 CE, but it rang up as 20.

Tried to pick up Other M and Kirby today but got Guide blocked by the manager. He just took them and tossed them in the trash without saying anything :(

Here's one you dont see too often. Target has one guide on a Temporary Price Cut.

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Prima

Reg Price $19.99
Temp Price $14.99

Price Valid from April 3rd through April 16

DCPI 207-10-0034

I'm still waiting for the Prototype guide at this store to go below MSRP. /sarcasm

So is this as easy as going into BB or gamestop and locating the guides that are pennied? I went to 2 gamestops and a BB today and looked and found nothing, also asked and they looked at me like I was crazy. Is there a certain day the guides are discounted or should I just keep checking here to look?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So is this as easy as going into BB or gamestop and locating the guides that are pennied? I went to 2 gamestops and a BB today and looked and found nothing, also asked and they looked at me like I was crazy. Is there a certain day the guides are discounted or should I just keep checking here to look?[/QUOTE]

READ THE OP. You don't just walk in and say "can you point me in the direction of your penny guides?"

Went to BB in the John Hancock building in Chicago today. Ended up getting The Sims 3 Ambitions guide for .01. They had a couple of copies of Red Steel 2. Not much else though.

[quote name='postaboy']Has Dragon Age Origins dropped at BestBuy yet? I know it did at GameStop, but not sure if it did at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Would you like to buy a serving of reading the OP?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']To Whom it May Concern,

Please read the original 4 posts. Please read the original 4 posts. Please read the original 4 posts. Thank you.

Sincerely,

All CAGs[/QUOTE]

Fixed. And I picked up a sealed(with a tear in the top of the shrinkwrap, but oh well) FFXII CE today for $14 after 10% off for PUR Pro.

Not so much a drop, but I finally found a Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture guide (my #1 want) after over two years of searching.

Half-Price Books for $20.

Also snagged a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 guide for $9.98.

Just had to share. :)

Dang, that seems much more expensive than Half Price Books in my area. Granted it's a great find, but every guide in my area that is at least a gaming generation old is $7.50 (or cheaper if older); current gen stuff is $10; collector's edition guides are $15. There was even one store where everything that wasn't collector's was $7.50 or less. I've gotten lucky over the last few years and found some guides like Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Pikmin 2; just luck of the draw every time you go in :)

As for games... they seem to be based off internet prices :|

I'll try to check some BB prices tomorrow night.

I'm thinking the following may have dropped as they no longer show up on BB.com:
Dead Rising 2 (standard)
New Super Mario Bros Wii

I think there are a few other random older guides at my store too. I'll check what I can!

Got my hook up at Gamestop today:

Dead Rising CE x2
Metroid Other M x2
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Crackdown 2 x2
EA: Sports MMA x4
Reasonance of Fate
Kirby's Epic Yarn x2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Goldeneye 007 Wii
Cheat Codes Overload

Most will be available in the trade thread.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I'll try to check some BB prices tomorrow night.

I'm thinking the following may have dropped as they no longer show up on BB.com:
Dead Rising 2 (standard)
New Super Mario Bros Wii

I think there are a few other random older guides at my store too. I'll check what I can![/QUOTE]

Checked these and a handful of others and they all rang up full price. :(

The hancock building best buy in chicago had a few penny guides left from two and three drops ago. Picked up jc2, lego indiana 2, wow dungeon comp, sc conviction, pop fs, and iron man 2. Nothing spectacular but cool none the less

There are still 3 or more conviction and forgotten sands left if anyone wants to make a trip to downtown chicago

[quote name='smashngrab77']The hancock building best buy in chicago had a few penny guides left from two and three drops ago. Picked up jc2, lego indiana 2, wow dungeon comp, sc conviction, pop fs, and iron man 2. Nothing spectacular but cool none the less

There are still 3 or more conviction and forgotten sands left if anyone wants to make a trip to downtown chicago[/QUOTE]

Left those there about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back