Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Nice. A store near me shows in stock for the Fable III LE. :D[/QUOTE]

How are you seeing that? It is no longer a listing on gamestop.com.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Can you post a link for the guide dabamus?[/QUOTE]

Once I check the store I'll post the SKU. :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']According to the info I found on GameStop and google that is gamestops internal SKU, so I don't see how that is fail.[/QUOTE]

That may be a SKU, but not an active one in the inventory system.

EDIT: I think you found the product ID, not the sku.

Ah you're right that is the product ID. I am going to be going by at least 10 GS besides the 4 in my town tomorrow so I really hope I can find one of these.

This might be the current list. I picked them up last week but didn't check the OP and figured they were old. I got the guides and games except for Fable 3 on my trade list.

Fable 3 CE
Sonic Colors
Civilization V
Sly Collection

PC games also pennied out

Exodus - From the Earth
Baseball Mogul 2009

Alright. Pending verification I'll add those 4 guides into the second post and the PC games into their respective post.

EDIT: Everything is updated. Lemme know if there's anymore guides/items to add.:D

I've been eyeing that Fable 3 CE guide for a while now. Had no idea it had pennied!!! I hope to grab it tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!

Edit: Grabbed Fable 3 CE and Sly Collection guides yesterday. Thanks agian!

Looks like there was another small guide drop at GameStop today. These are unconfirmed (I don't work there anymore :whistle2:() and they were on the far side of the counter, so I couldn't see clearly.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pokepark? - half-sized guide for a recent Wii game
Medal of Honor collector's guide
LEGO something.

I bet there's more, but I just wanted to give the first word for people to check your local GameStop today!

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Looks like there was another small guide drop at GameStop today. These are unconfirmed (I don't work there anymore :whistle2:() and they were on the far side of the counter, so I couldn't see clearly.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pokepark? -half-sized guide for a recent Wii game
Medal of Honor collector's guide
LEGO something.

I bet there's more, but I just wanted to give the first word for people to check your local GameStop today![/QUOTE]The LEGO guide might be one of the following:

LEGO Universe (PC-based MMO)
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Lego Star Wars III (just came out, so this seems unlikely)

[quote name='shrike4242']The LEGO guide might be one of the following:

LEGO Universe (PC-based MMO)
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Lego Star Wars III (just came out, so this seems unlikely)[/QUOTE]

Then it was definitely LEGO Universe. Thanks, Shrike!

anyone confirm SMG2 yet?

It seems odd since SMG 1 pennied out just a few months ago @ GS, you would think it'll be another gazillion years for them to penny out SMG2.

edit: oops meant NSMB

It sucks that the 4/13 drop at GS was missed. I just got a FO3 GOTY guide last friday and I remember that they had a Fable 3 CE. Another GS in the area had Civ 5 and the Fable CE.

On a sadder note, one of my most reliable GS has stopped putting guides out all together. By "reliable" I mean they always had penny guides but it was 40/60 as to whether they actually gave them to me.

I can confirm Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Also here's SKU's for the last 2 drops.

830324 Sonic Colors
830309 Sly Collection
830263 Fable III CE
870028 Sid Meier's Civilization V

870029 Lego Universe
830282 Medal of Honor CE
830253 Super Mario Galaxy 2
830320 PokePark Pikachu's Adventure

[quote name='Ultragamer']I
830282 Sid Meier's Civilization V
830282 Medal of Honor CE
[/QUOTE]

Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong.

Do we know the correct Civ V guide SKU?

[quote name='gantt']Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong.

Do we know the correct Civ V guide SKU?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I messed up and pasted over it on accident. correct one is 870028 for Civ 5. Also updated my post above.

So close to getting a Fable III LE guide today. Walked in and didnt see it. Asked a rep for the hardcover version and he got it from the back. Scanned it to ring me up and saw it was $.01 and he was about to sell it to me but he checked with the other guy there who said they probably can't sell it and that I should call back after 3pm and talk to the manager to see if I could get it. I knew that would be a "no" but I tried anyway and it was. oh wells. May try another store tomorrow

Second,third and fifth posts have been updated with the recent drop info and SKU's. Thanks to Ultragamer for the SKU list, boneless for the verifications and SirChadlyOC for the original information.

Guide I picked up at Gamestop today:

Medal of Honor CE x2
Sonic Colors x2
Lego Universe
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Sims 3, The: Ambitions Expansion Pack
Sims 3, The: Late Night Expansion Pack
Pokepark Wii: Pickachu's Adventure

and a Sly Collection for me.

Everything else is available.

[quote name='ballbarfer']i have a lucky feeling deep down inside about today so i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!![/QUOTE]

@ BB or Dead Bin Laden day after glow? If for BB, why?

[quote name='nixmahn']@ BB or Dead Bin Laden day after glow? If for BB, why?[/QUOTE]

Ignore him. He does this every once in a while (used to be every week) so that other people will do the legwork for him and check bbs for drops.

I don't get excited for bb drops unless one of our insiders reports it.

[quote name='confoosious']Ignore him. He does this every once in a while (used to be every week) so that other people will do the legwork for him and check bbs for drops.

I don't get excited for bb drops unless one of our insiders reports it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but are any of our insiders still employed @ BB and GS anymore. Missing that Fable 3 CE drop has me disheartened :cry:

[quote name='nixmahn']Yeah but are any of our insiders still employed @ BB and GS anymore. Missing that Fable 3 CE drop has me disheartened :cry:[/QUOTE]

How do you think we got the last BB drop?

Ya, ballbarfer always ask others to check, I don't see why though. Just looking at the OP shows that drops at BB happen every 4 months, meaning we won't see one till June. Not only that but GS seems to be 2 times a month.

ballbarfer is a confirmed troll and idiot. Everyone should do themselves a favor and put him on your ignore list. You won't regret it.

[quote name='neocisco']ballbarfer is a confirmed troll and idiot. Everyone should do themselves a favor and put him on your ignore list. You won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

done

[quote name='ballbarfer']i have a lucky feeling deep down inside about today so i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!![/QUOTE]

This is the only week I'm happy there r no drops. Final exam week. But thanks for bumping the thread monday morning and scaring me into thinking I'll miss a drop.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is the only week I'm happy there r no drops. Final exam week. But thanks for bumping the thread monday morning and scaring me into thinking I'll miss a drop.[/QUOTE]

pfft, just take an hour 'study break' if it had happen. If you didn't, you'd be sitting staring at those books, kicking yourself :D

and I don't think we'll see a drop from BB until the end of summer. They're aren't a myriad of games coming out that will need guides, they'll want to keep the shelves somewhat full..(hope I'm wrong though..)

I picked up Lego Universe, Mass Effect 2, and one other that is escaping my mind at the moment today at GS for $.03 :D

AT LAST!!!
I finally got this to work.
Best buy

Super street fighter 4 x1
Sly collection x1
Super mario galaxy 2 collectors edition x1
Singularity x4

1 cent each.
Awesome.
totally down to trade the singularitys and street fighter.
Thank you CAG

yah this thread has been kinda dead lately. no good bestbuy drops and gamestop drops have been getting very scarce due to them ordering much less in guides and the guide blocking managers.

Saw a BB near me have a 50% off clearance guides sale. So a penny guide for 1/2 a penny. LOL. (They had all the AC's guides for example). Also saw Mortal Kombat guide in there too..makes sense on that one.

[quote name='microchip2378']Picked up Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Splatterhouse and Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty guide today at Gamestop for a penny.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else confirm there was a drop and anymore titles? If there was a price tag, any dates on them?

[quote name='microchip2378']Picked up Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Splatterhouse and Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty guide today at Gamestop for a penny.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that all three of these guides dropped today. I didn't see any others, but that doesn't mean there aren't more!

I was wondering if some dropped today since there were a couple empty spots on the guide rack...

EDIT: Found the SKU for SCII, I'll post it later once I check out the two stores that say they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back