Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Your nonsense doesn't usually bug me that much, but that was just dumb-assery at its finest.[/QUOTE]

lol dumb-assery. Gonna steal that one day.

[quote name='kodos64']FYI, buddy of mine who's a gs mgr just text me a list of guides asking if i wanted any. here's what he showed me. if these are old then sorry, i didn't see them in the 1st post. if not, then i'm thinking there was a drop today:

Assassin's Creed brotherhood
brink
Dead space 2
dungeon seige 3
golden sun sumthin (sorry, i can't read the title clearly)
hunted
ncaa football 2012
pokemon sumthin (again, sorry, i can't read the title)
red faction Armageddon (sp?)
sims sumthin (can't read clearly)
space marine
wwe all stars

there may be more but this was all he had in the pic.

hope this helps someone today.[/QUOTE]

umm yeah if there was a drop, I def. need to go snag brink, dungeon siege 3, and space marine!

[quote name='Ellahjay88']umm yeah if there was a drop, I def. need to go snag brink, dungeon siege 3, and space marine![/QUOTE]

Please report back. The gs around me have lots of those.

[quote name='arakias']you call that revenge? Its petty bullshit and everyone else seems to see it. Making a stink because he cant make any money. But then again why waste your time on this.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Dark Rider']Please report back. The gs around me have lots of those.[/QUOTE]

i will see if any of the gamestops around me have any...mine are bad about being really low or having no guides, though i did just grab 2 donkey kong country for wii guides...thats all i have ever found at my gamestops

They need to make it a limited quanity per person on the $0.01 guides. Too many people who mess with them get them for flipping purposes.

Its actaully kind of funny best buy and gamestop despise seeing the resellers and flippers. With that in mind i don't get how they can give a customer 20 strategy guides of the same guide. Like what do they think someone is going to do with 20 of the same strategy guides.

Now you got people getting friendly with the employess just so they can score them big drops.

That's why i don't waste my time with them at a penny a guide and not a limit per customer the first person to see them takes them all. Then of course what do you think they do with 10 guides that are all the same.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I let them know that apparently BB was selling items they told the publishers they 'destroyed' to a third party seller and making money after being given a credit from the publishers.

Yeah. I'm a dick like that. [/QUOTE]
you cant and shouldn't ruin the deal for everyone in this board. this mentality of "IF I DON'T GET ANY, THEN NOBODY GETS ANY" is not going to fly without notice on this board. ive gone on many MANY guide hunts and came up empty. most of the guys on this board arent in it to get just one guide, most of them wipe them out in one visit. i know i would too and have in the past. you're in a forum with millions of people and with information that there are guides that are a penny, basically free, people would go gaga over it.. what i mean people, is a few thousand people..

cag is the place where i found out about penny guides and im very thankful of that. but sadly these days, its also cag's fault i havent been able to find any penny guides too and for the same reason i mentioned above. im not a sore loser because of it, so should you or everybody else. the deals are YMMV please try to remember that.

I usually buy 2 copies, one to keep in shrink and one to use depending on the game...orrrr I buy me and my boyfriend each one. I have bought extras to trade ppl before too though. I only buy guides to games I have and will actually use the guide for. I have ran across many pennied guides, such as the Dead Space ones and a few others, but I don't play the games, so what use is it to me? I figure someone else that will use it can pick it up or sell it themselves if it doesn't get trashed by then.

When I had a store pick up for a game I ordered online, there was a guy from slickdeals at the customer service buying up a tonnnnn of guides and I was thinking man what does he need all them for? That's actually how I heard about the pennied guides (im not a member on that site i've been to it maybe 2-3 times haha), but he was buying at least 20 assorted guides, so I could definitely see where they should limit it when people do that and just go overboard with it. I guess everyone has plans for any and all the copies they are buying so to each their own, but sometimes I wish I had just one guide of some of them left for me and not the hoarders haha

[quote name='kodos64']FYI, buddy of mine who's a gs mgr just text me a list of guides asking if i wanted any. here's what he showed me. if these are old then sorry, i didn't see them in the 1st post. if not, then i'm thinking there was a drop today:

brink
Dead space 2
dungeon seige 3
hunted
ncaa football 2012
space marine
wwe all stars

I don't think my close GS have any of these, but if these did drop, hopefully BB will drop them soon too. I was browsing at BB yesterday and saw a bunch of these :)

[quote name='Ellahjay88']I usually buy 2 copies, one to keep in shrink and one to use depending on the game...orrrr I buy me and my boyfriend each one. I have bought extras to trade ppl before too though. I only buy guides to games I have and will actually use the guide for. I have ran across many pennied guides, such as the Dead Space ones and a few others, but I don't play the games, so what use is it to me? I figure someone else that will use it can pick it up or sell it themselves if it doesn't get trashed by then.

When I had a store pick up for a game I ordered online, there was a guy from slickdeals at the customer service buying up a tonnnnn of guides and I was thinking man what does he need all them for? That's actually how I heard about the pennied guides (im not a member on that site i've been to it maybe 2-3 times haha), but he was buying at least 20 assorted guides, so I could definitely see where they should limit it when people do that and just go overboard with it. I guess everyone has plans for any and all the copies they are buying so to each their own, but sometimes I wish I had just one guide of some of them left for me and not the hoarders haha[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is its such an easy fix. They should just limit it to 2-3 guides of the same one. Other wise at a penny a guide people are going to just take it because of the cost. Not even having any intentions atm.

Id probably do the same thing at a penny I would take whatever they have then try to trade/sell them on here. Hence why we need a limit. The same retailers that despise resellers feed them.

Kind of irks me when I can't even get a price match that is legit in their policy yet see this crap with their guides which apparently their policy is suppose to destroy them and not sell them.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']I usually buy 2 copies, one to keep in shrink and one to use depending on the game...orrrr I buy me and my boyfriend each one. I have bought extras to trade ppl before too though. I only buy guides to games I have and will actually use the guide for. I have ran across many pennied guides, such as the Dead Space ones and a few others, but I don't play the games, so what use is it to me? I figure someone else that will use it can pick it up or sell it themselves if it doesn't get trashed by then.
[/QUOTE]

You are my hero.

[quote name='eugaet']WH40K Space Marine verified at GS. Couldn't verify others as my GS didn't have them.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so we have a confirmation of a drop. I will probably be able to check tonight. I will report back.

well I'm headed to camp the trade thread..I need brink, Dead space 2, dungeon seige 3, hunted, red faction Armageddon and space marine! no way will any GS's have them around here, probably pulled before they even unlocked the doors today..

Assassins Creed Brotherhood was the only one my GS had...got it AND the Assassins Creed Lineage dvd for free. So those are the only 2 things I can confirm...so far!

brink
Dead space 2
dungeon seige 3
hunted
ncaa football 2012
space marine
wwe all stars

any way a pic can be posted? :p i have most the pokemon ones and was wondering which this one was

[quote name='aspen1284']Assassins Creed Brotherhood was the only one my GS had...got it AND the Assassins Creed Lineage dvd for free. So those are the only 2 things I can confirm...so far![/QUOTE]

Iirc the dvd is separate from the guide. Or am I wrong and the dvd is part of the guide? I thought I remember seeing the dvd located next to the registers.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']any way a pic can be posted? :p i have most the pokemon ones and was wondering which this one was[/QUOTE]

I can confirm black and white collectors edition, and te heart gold soul silver guide

[quote name='Donut2922']Iirc the dvd is separate from the guide. Or am I wrong and the dvd is part of the guide? I thought I remember seeing the dvd located next to the registers.[/QUOTE]

Seperate...guy working just grabbed the dvd from behind the counter right when I walked in cause he knew what I was there for in the first place. Ha!

Stopped by another GS and saw multiples of every guide and dvds behind the counter...employee told me they HAD to trash them and couldn't give them away. That employee is always an ass to me though, always!

Just got back from the GS I work at. Here are the SKUs for the guides I was able to grab:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 830297
Borderlands GOTY - 830299
Dead Space 2 - 830342
Disgaea 4 - 830839
Golden Sun Dark Dawn - 830317

Price drops/changes usually happen on Wednesdays, btw.

Man I would love to get my hands on Brotherhood, Borderlands GotY, Disgaea 4, and Golden Sun. But my GS suck when it comes to penny guides.

So, what's the best way to learn about new drops at a Best Buy? I'm in stores regularly, should I just scan them or is there a system that's easier to check? I'd love to help contribute if BB ever does a drop again.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']I hit a gold mine today!
I will be posting pictures later to gloat[/QUOTE]Pictures to gloat tend to get deleted, in this thread. There's a discussion thread, in the Deal Discussion forum, that would be better suited for that.

[quote name='Fatbot3']So, what's the best way to learn about new drops at a Best Buy? I'm in stores regularly, should I just scan them or is there a system that's easier to check? I'd love to help contribute if BB ever does a drop again.[/QUOTE]Randomly checking guides for price checks around the latter part of the month is about it. BestBuy.com occasionally pennies out the guides online when they drop in-store, though it doesn't always happen like that.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is going to hate me but....

Pokemon's

7bf61f74.jpg

Everything else I managed to get.

542d3954.jpg

All of that except for warhammer 40k is from one gamestop.

And I didn't know disgaea was pennied, so I might be heading back to that gamestop to pick it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pictures to gloat tend to get deleted, in this thread. There's a discussion thread, in the Deal Discussion forum, that would be better suited for that.

Randomly checking guides for price checks around the latter part of the month is about it. BestBuy.com occasionally pennies out the guides online when they drop in-store, though it doesn't always happen like that.[/QUOTE]

I've posted pictures here before and they weren't deleted, I didn't know it wasn't allowed.
And I was half kidding about the gloating lol

edit: You were right, they were deleted. My bad people!

Also saw Spider-Man Edge of Time . My local had a few guides for me . I wish they had BL GOTY ! They rock . But on the way home from picking up the kids stopped at one right by there school they had no lie three towering piles of Guides . Saw two BL GOTY and Disgaia 4 . The cashier was cool about letting me BL and D4 but the manager comes out of nowhere and puts the kibosh on that. Was an aw-shucks moment . But im happy with what I got :)

Got a Dead Space 2 guide at my GS, best "haul" I've gotten in awhile...

Looking for a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn guide and a Resistance 3 guide still, any extras people?

I saw some Metroid Other M guides at the BB, but it was the only penny guide I saw. I'm not sure if they were actually pennied, since the store follows those guidelines.

[quote name='stoned99']I heard pc games pennied as well, although I don't know which ones as the store had already destroyed them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to go a little off topic, but how is gamestop supposed to handle this? I was at a store that I don't normally go to and I noticed some older PC games (Dungeon Siege 2 is the only one I can think of right now). I don't see it on the GS website - does that mean that it would ring up at 0.01 if I tried to buy it in the store?

How soon will someone (OP?) take the time to go through and finalize these drops ... or at least have the full names (instead of Pokemon "sumthin")?

Looking forward to seeing if I can get any in my area shortly after a drop.

I came in here to post that the Borderlands GotY guide had vanished from GS.com, but it looks like it's because it's one of the new drops.

Hopefully I can find a copy of that and the AC:B guide tomorrow.

I can Confirm that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (The DS game that I got for $5 during the best buy deal of the day) has been pennied. My GS pulled all the pennied guides except they forgot that one apperently. They had another copy on the floor that they pulled when I checked the price and they gave me the guide for free.

Guides that I can confirm,

Hunted Demon's Forge
Ass Creed Bro Hood
Pokemon Black & White collectors edition guide
Pokemon heart gold soul silver guide
Brink
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Dead Space 2
Warhammer 40k: space marine
Disgaea 4

Those I have all gotten personally, and can assure you have pennied

[quote name='AionTelos']Jerks pulled the guides they told me they couldn't sell for a penny[/QUOTE]

I also told you no matter how many times you offer me a hummer the answer is still no!

[quote name='CaptainPickles']How soon will someone (OP?) take the time to go through and finalize these drops ... or at least have the full names (instead of Pokemon "sumthin")?

Looking forward to seeing if I can get any in my area shortly after a drop.[/QUOTE]
I made the first post a Wiki post, so that anybody with info about the drop could go in and edit it if they should so choose. That way it makes it a community effort to maintain the list anymore.:D Otherwise I usually wait till someone posts a list in RED and alphabetized, so I can just c/p it into the appropriate posts.:razz:

Just remember that if you do go in and edit the OP, please stick to the formatting that I've done thus far, with RED for GS and BLUE for BB drops as well as the proper spacing.

Maybe that's being lazy, but it's how I've actually always done it, since I hate going back in 30x to edit the list for ONE drop.:booty:

[quote name='AionTelos']Updated it for ya guys. Cheers~[/QUOTE]
well i tried but it didnt go through. just said awaiting moderation and then urs popped up. gotta go and check my local gs tomorrow, see if i can score my 1st penny guides

Jerks at both Gamestops I went to had pulled the guides :( I got super excited for nothing...if anyone is interested in trading let me know! :p I know there's a separate thread for that so I shall go there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back