Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outcast529']several penny guides @ BestBuy

Disney Universe Collector's Edition (Game Guide)
Resistance 3 (Game Guide)
White Knight Chronicles II (Game Guide)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Game Guide)
RANDOM HOUSE/PRIMA GAMES - Shadows of the Damned (Game Guide)
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (Game Guide)
Brink (Game Guide)[/QUOTE]

Nice find! Unfortunately WKC2 went out of stock for shipping as I was trying to place my order. did get in for Disney Universe. We'll see what happens!

Can't get a single one of these but yet I see this over at SD:

"bought 3 of each that my local store had. don't need them but as an SDer you just can't pass up something thats a penny lol"

Somebody PLEASE ddos this website and take it down forever. It's fucking DISGUSTING.

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks but more than half are in store pick up only now :([/QUOTE]

They were never shipping or available for pick up for me.

[quote name='Romeo']Can't get a single one of these but yet I see this over at SD:

Somebody PLEASE ddos this website and take it down forever. It's fucking DISGUSTING.[/QUOTE]
that is consider tame compare to some of the other stuff you see over there

[quote name='Romeo']Can't get a single one of these but yet I see this over at SD:

Somebody PLEASE ddos this website and take it down forever. It's fucking DISGUSTING.[/QUOTE]
I see a lot of hate for SD and it's understandable, but you have to remember, CAG is solely for gaming, while SD has deals on everything. Food, clothes, books, computers, almost everything. CAG is great, but SD is useful in other kinds of ways.

Have you really been on this site for 10 years? And following this thread ("grab all them shits", "El Hoardo")? Because it's difficult believe you have and yet call out only some other site when condemning that mentality.

As the other poster said, some people consume things other than interactive digital entertainment. SD serves that audience, CAG does not. They really only overlap in that two categories are present on both sites: video games and tools.

[quote name='skiizim']You can technically price match these guides at the store using .com, would these guides still ring up full price in store?[/QUOTE]

No, they won't ring up at all (unless something has changed since last couple drops)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Has anyone confirmed these in store? (Outside of in store pick up obviously)[/QUOTE]

The Disney one dropped months ago in store. It may have been the last official penny guide.

[quote name='Pookymeister']No, they won't ring up at all (unless something has changed since last couple drops)[/QUOTE]

At one of my local stores, I haven't checked how far back or recent but they have ring up regular price.

[quote name='slowdive21']The Disney one dropped months ago in store. It may have been the last official penny guide.[/QUOTE]

I actually found a Disney guide in store about two weeks ago and the SKU had been deleted.

Just got back from BestBuy and they had a few of the collectors Ed. Guides bundled with games. There was a sign buy a game get guide for free. My bestbuy has been doing this with all guides that have deleted skus. I saw RE 6 and Mass effect 3 Final Fantasy Uncharted 3 collectors Ed. Guides. I don't know if all the those guides have deleted skus. No one around to check price.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Just got back from BestBuy and they had a few of the collectors Ed. Guides bundled with games. There was a sign buy a game get guide for free. My bestbuy has been doing this with all guides that have deleted skus. I saw RE 6 and Mass effect 3 Final Fantasy Uncharted 3 collectors Ed. Guides. I don't know if all the those guides have deleted skus. No one around to check price.[/QUOTE]

Nice deal, but def. YMMV. I'd buy UC3 for a free CE guide.

Got some nice penny drops to report

GS 1/30/13

Dead or Alive 5
Skyrim
Fable The Journey
FFXIII (Regular)
LoZ: Skyward Sword (Regular)
Lego Batman 2
MoH: Warfighter
NCAA Football 13
PS All-Stars
Pokemon Black & White Pokedex
Silent Hill Downpour
Sleeping Dogs
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Tekken Tag 2
Ghost Recon:FS
WWE 13
Zombi U

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Got some nice penny drops to report

GS 1/30/13

Dead or Alive 5
Skyrim
Fable The Journey
FFXIII (Regular)
Lego Batman 2
NCAA Football 13
PS All-Stars
Silent Hill Downpour
Sleeping Dogs
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Tekken Tag 2
WWE 13
Zombi U[/QUOTE]

Awesome list. Too bad i'll never be able to get any of these. The only successful penny guide at Gamestop i've ever gotten was a torn and tattered Star Wars III guide that most people wouldn't even want.

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Got some nice penny drops to report

GS 1/30/13

Dead or Alive 5
Skyrim
Fable The Journey
FFXIII (Regular)
Lego Batman 2
NCAA Football 13
PS All-Stars
Silent Hill Downpour
Sleeping Dogs
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Tekken Tag 2
WWE 13
Zombi U[/QUOTE]

my gamestops have most of these. my god im going to rack up big tommorow

Are you fucking serious? It's going to take hours to add all those to the alphabetized list. I am getting ready to go somewhere, I will update this evening when I get home.

Could go for LoZ and Skyrim (not the revised one im assuming though). Can't check online for stock that I can see and since GS is hit(%1) or miss(99%)... oh well.

[quote name='DarkMario616']I got told these dropped days ago...or at least a GS of mine said they did.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they did. I saw these in our list of Wednesday (1/30) price changes.

Maybe you're right.

Someone is going to hold them for me tomorrow. NSMB2 and SH: D

Yay. Let's hope the other employees see the note and don't throw it out...I'll get there before they open :p

i would post the huge haul i got today but some people get mad when i do that. now i have to do the boring task of sorting them out and this is before i go out and run through more gamestops tommorow :(

[quote name='Pookymeister']Could go for LoZ and Skyrim (not the revised one im assuming though.[/QUOTE]

Correct. The revised Skyrim is full price.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Are you fucking serious? It's going to take hours to add all those to the alphabetized list. I am getting ready to go somewhere, I will update this evening when I get home.[/QUOTE]More like 5 minutes. I just updated the OP. :razz:

[quote name='Vigilante']More like 5 minutes. I just updated the OP. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Lol. We just did it at the same time I guess. I was actually referring to the complete alphabetized list of GS drops. It's done though. The OP has been updated.

My Gamestop down the block threw out a box full of the following tonight, I grabbed my cart and rolled it all back home

MoH: Warfighter ( 6 )
NCAA Football 13 ( 1 )
Little Big Planet Racing ( 3 )
Silent Hill Downpour ( 4 )
Sleeping Dogs ( 3 )
New Super Mario Bros. 2 ( 1 )
Ghost Recon:FS ( 5 )
Zombi U ( 7 )

i tallied it up and the guides i brought today add up to over 45$ credit on amazon. im flipping these to amazon to pay off sly cooper 4 lol. getting sly cooper for basically less than 30 cents out of my pocket is nuts !

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']My Gamestop down the block threw out a box full of the following tonight, I grabbed my cart and rolled it all back home

MoH: Warfighter ( 6 )
NCAA Football 13 ( 1 )
Little Big Planet Racing ( 3 )
Silent Hill Downpour ( 4 )
Sleeping Dogs ( 3 )
New Super Mario Bros. 2 ( 1 )
Ghost Recon:FS ( 5 )
Zombi U ( 7 )[/QUOTE]

time for dumpster diving

I wonder this. GameStop in particular tosses guides a the time, some times hundreds from one store. It happens generally monthly. I can't imagine the guide industry and GameStop makes much profit at all in the end since so many go to waste, so why bother even carrying them in store anymore?

[quote name='Romeo']I wonder this. GameStop in particular tosses guides a the time, some times hundreds from one store. It happens generally monthly. I can't imagine the guide industry and GameStop makes much profit at all in the end since so many go to waste, so why bother even carrying them in store anymore?[/QUOTE]

An accosiate told me they rarely actually sell them. It's far more likely for them to be dumped. Great haul today though, I got:
2x Ghost Recon
2x Lego Batman 2
2x Sleeping Dogs
1x MoH Warfighter
1x Fable the Journey
1x Zombi U
1x PS All Stars Battle Royal

There were plenty more there, but I decided to only take ten.

[quote name='Dark Rider']An accosiate told me they rarely actually sell them. It's far more likely for them to be dumped. Great haul today though, I got:
2x Ghost Recon
2x Lego Batman 2
2x Sleeping Dogs
1x MoH Warfighter
1x Fable the Journey
1x Zombi U
1x PS All Stars Battle Royal

There were plenty more there, but I decided to only take ten.[/QUOTE]

I know.. They waste more then they sell, it's nuts.

Tad jealous of your haul. My local store had inventory and a manager there opening early so my hookup didn't get any guides at all, even for himself. Everything is gone, I completely missed out. Quite bothered by it.

I had gotten 1 of each of the guides. Was very happy with my haul i got When I was gonna check out the guy freak out and told me he could get fired if he gave them to me. Because the regional manager comes and makes sure those guides are destroyed.

I just said ok and walked out. Oh well. I'll go to another GameStop later.

While on the hunt for GC games for other cags was only able to get one of the three I wanted Tekken TT2. Still looking for Lego Batman 2 and Silent Hill. My local sold a boatload during the 50% off sale but they assured me that when the stock in the back drops they got me. I saw the stock they had left. 30+ copies of Halo 4 COD BO II AC III. Never seen that many HC guides before crazy!

[quote name='strait edge follower']new drops 1/31/13

nintendo land
mass effect 3 (reg edition)
little big planet karting

got all three today :D[/QUOTE]

Wow. I got ME3 guide when they had the 50% off all guides. WTF!!!

[quote name='Zolor23']Wow. I got ME3 guide when they had the 50% off all guides. WTF!!![/QUOTE]

yea i was shocked lol. i walked into the gamestop today to mop up more penny guides from yesturdays drops and he just handed those guides that dropped today and said ”here are some new drops”. wonder if even more are gona happen this week

bread's done
Back