Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Made my 3rd run to the same BB in a week and half, and for some reason keep finding something that wasn't there before.

1st run:  Batman AK: CE and Batman AK: soft cover

2nd run:  Final Fantasy type 0-hd: CE, SSB soft cover, Witcher 3 soft cover

and for my 3rd run: Witcher 3: Collectors Edition (still sealed) and Zelda MM soft cover.....Had 2 copies of SSB Hardcovers but they wouldn't scan and couldn't be sold.

May have to try my luck on a 4th run, probably on Veterans Day, and see how my luck holds.

:)

Is that tales of zesperia guide pennied too?  I might got back and get it if it is, I didn't think to check.  I was able to find softcover witcher 3 guide and the Batman Arkham Knight CE for a penny each.

Is that tales of zesperia guide pennied too? I might got back and get it if it is, I didn't think to check. I was able to find softcover witcher 3 guide and the Batman Arkham Knight CE for a penny each.

I wouldn't assume so since that game just came out.
I thought I saw a price tag for the full price on Zestiria's CE guide. The AK guides didn't. Would be freaking funny if it was...I bought one from GS with some PUR points and boy I wish I waited for them to get pennied out by BBY; some of the maps aren't even accurate as well as the lack of info on the skits! And dem spoilers...spoilers, spoilers everywhere...

Oh and I did grab a AK CE guide. Many thanks Darby!

I'm trying to put together a list of the guides from BB.  If anyone can confirm any others I don't have listed, post them and I'll add them to the list.  Thanks.

Batman: Arkham Knight (soft)

Batman: Arkham Knight CE

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD CE

GTA V Expanded

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (soft)

Lego Jurassic World

Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. (soft)

Witcher 3 (soft)

Witcher 3 CE

I'm trying to put together a list of the guides from BB. If anyone can confirm any others I don't have listed, post them and I'll add them to the list. Thanks.

Lego Jurassic World
Super Smash Bros. (soft)
Witcher 3 (soft)
Witcher 3 CE and GTA V Expanded rang up a penny for me on 11/5.

well got the one guide i wanted witcher 3 soft cover.  asian lady manager was like oh we cant sell this called her head manager its pennied shouldve been removed.   i then said well my friend just got some for a penny from another bestbuy so i drove 40 minutes here.  she paused for a bit voided the penny guide out and said here you go sir have a nice day.  SCORE!!!!

well got the one guide i wanted witcher 3 soft cover. asian lady manager was like oh we cant sell this called her head manager its pennied shouldve been removed. i then said well my friend just got some for a penny from another bestbuy so i drove 40 minutes here. she paused for a bit voided the penny guide out and said here you go sir have a nice day. SCORE!!!!
Best Buy's been having some nice diversity in their employees lately.

I brought up Witcher 3 softcover and CE to checkout, since it wasn't clear to me which one was pennied.

Cashier was looking puzzled after scanning both...talked with several other employees...finally reached a decision, that I could have both for a penny each :D

She even asked me if I want to get more, since I was saving so much $$$, lol!  Unfortunately, I was in a rush, but they had a couple more of the CEs, which the employees probably bought.  This was at a BB in the SF Bay Area btw.  My first penny guide score at a Best Buy after a 2 to 3 year drought!!! :D

I'm trying to put together a list of the guides from BB. If anyone can confirm any others I don't have listed, post them and I'll add them to the list. Thanks.

Lego Jurassic World

Super Smash Bros. (soft)

Witcher 3 (soft)
You're missing Splatoon, Witcher 3 CE, and Batman (soft).

Picked up Arkham Knight CE. Went to cashier. Rang it up, cashier go huh. Asked another employee. Rang it up again. Called manager. Manager shuts me down saying this guide has been recalled. FML

Thanks to msriflegirl and Darby27 for the additional...additions.  Here is the updated list.  Post anymore you can confirm that aren't on the list.

GTA V Expanded

Lego Jurassic World

Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. (soft)

Witcher 3 (soft)

Witcher 3 CE

well got the one guide i wanted witcher 3 soft cover. asian lady manager was like oh we cant sell this called her head manager its pennied shouldve been removed. i then said well my friend just got some for a penny from another bestbuy so i drove 40 minutes here. she paused for a bit voided the penny guide out and said here you go sir have a nice day. SCORE!!!!
Best Buy's been having some nice diversity in their employees lately.
And they're all thinking:

I'd hit that.

Not too sure you can call a 80 minute round trip for a penny guides a score.

I'm sure I'd get one if I did that much driving but at that point you paying like 10 in gas anyway.

I got a FF Type-0 CE guide yesterday. I shit you not, the dude that rang me up literally didn't give a single fuck about anything. He scanned it, didn't say a word, didn't even look at it. Then he asked me for my My Best Buy number and then was like "that'll be 1 cent." Super underwhelming, I look forward to the freakout.

I got a FF Type-0 CE guide yesterday. I shit you not, the dude that rang me up literally didn't give a single fuck about anything. He scanned it, didn't say a word, didn't even look at it. Then he asked me for my My Best Buy number and then was like "that'll be 1 cent." Super underwhelming, I look forward to the freakout.
That is called a smart employee best buy pays him minimum wage what interest does he having looking out for best buys interest. It's like if you work at a gas station and it's armed robbed. You shouldn't be looking out for a company who would pay you less wages then they do if not for being regulated by government.

Went to go help the rents do some fall clean up and check their local BB which usually is a goldmine but sadly is now one of those guideless stores. But the bonus was what my pop found in the house

[attachment=18151:20151107_164516.jpg]

Went to go help the rents do some fall clean up and check their local BB which usually is a goldmine but sadly is now one of those guideless stores. But the bonus was what my pop found in the house

attachicon.gif
20151107_164516.jpg
Yeah, that trumps .01 guides any day.

Thanks to msriflegirl and Darby27 for the additional...additions. Here is the updated list. Post anymore you can confirm that aren't on the list.

GTA V Expanded

Lego Jurassic World

Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. (soft)

Witcher 3 (soft)

Witcher 3 CE
Wasn't there a thread for the Majora's Mask 3D CE (hardcover guide) for a penny also? Or is there only one Majora's Mask 3D guide?

I went to my BB looking for Batman: Arkham Knight and GTA V Expanded only to discover that, except for CoD III, they have completely eliminated guides.  If anyone can manage to get extra copies of these guides and would be willing to part with them for shipping plus a few extra bucks it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

IATCG clearly has some kind of mental issues.  Anybody who gets this fixated on such an insignificant thing is in desperate need of an intervention and some prescribed medication.

That is called a smart employee best buy pays him minimum wage what interest does he having looking out for best buys interest. It's like if you work at a gas station and it's armed robbed. You shouldn't be looking out for a company who would pay you less wages then they do if not for being regulated by government.
I have always found you to be quite stupid. This post reinforced that.

It's ok to have pride in your job regardless of how much you are paid. Try it sometime.

Can't believe that guy took the time to write out 4 posts in that thread....and the one post from the BBY rep just blows him off lol.

Wow I don't get it either. He actually wants to shut it down?? I don't understand why. Does he have some Best Buy stock or something? I originally thought he just wanted to get penny guides easier but now it looks like he just purposely wants to shut it down?

Oh and btw I HAVE contacted Random House about why Best Buy is once again selling these for $.01. So expect this to get shut down quickly once again once BB gets a stern talking to from them.
I contacted Random House as well, but I was just drunk stumplling through the yards on the way back to my house, I thought, but turns out I was just lost. It wasn't full contact with the Random House, more like that pussy shit flag football.

I contacted Random House as well, but I was just drunk stumplling through the yards on the way back to my house, I thought, but turns out I was just lost. It wasn't full contact with the Random House, more like that pussy shit flag football.
This made me laugh far harder than it should have.

IIRC, for those who weren't around then:

IATCG used to be a CAG. Got tons of penny guides. One day, he got denied when he was trying to buy a huge stack of them for like less than a quarter. Got denied. He got pissed, called the publishers saying Best Buy isn't destroying them but selling them for a penny -- obviously trying to ruin it for everyone else because he couldn't partake. Around the same time, he did some other stuff to get himself banned. Something about accusing Cheapy or CAG of reputation or money or something, I forget. He gets banned right around the same week. He then goes and rants on SD. This was years ago.

I think he was asking for advice about dating some ladyfriend, took none of our advice and wore some stupid shit like shoes he found in the trash or some shit. I forget the details about that too.

Didn't he get beat to the store by someone local that was selling them at a flea market or something?  I mean set an alarm or something.   So he wanted to ruin that part of their little business and didn't realize he was working on blowing it for everyone.  I think the truly mind blowing thing about it was he was in charge of the penny guide thread at the time.

bread's done
Back