Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt going to go and check but thanks to inviz, I popped in and my guys were pulling them and asked if I wanted any before they divided them up got all 4 listed and a few others all going up for trade thanks again inviz :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']I wasnt going to go and check but thanks to inviz, I popped in and my guys were pulling them and asked if I wanted any before they divided them up got all 4 listed and a few others all going up for trade thanks again inviz :)[/QUOTE]

Are the "few others" new drops or old?

If new, it would be nice if you let us know which ones.

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']GS Penny Drops for 9/12/12

Street Fighter x Tekken
Halo Anniversary
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Spec Ops: The Line[/QUOTE]

Deux Ex
Cheat Code Overload Winter 2012

The above were also pennied we GS today.

Gantt the other guides were older ones like la noire syndicate etc I would post other new drops if there were others . Wish deux ex lasted to this drop at my local but sadly it did not

Street Fighter x Tekken
Halo Anniversary

[quote name='Game Rogue']Deux Ex

The above were also pennied we GS today.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, the OP has been updated!

Had a pretty awesome score today at Mega Replay. Got myself the Skyrim Collector's Edition Hardcover 2nd Edition and the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Hardcover for $12 total. Both in great condition.

Street Fighter x Tekken
Halo Anniversary

[quote name='Game Rogue']Deux Ex

[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the above as well as a couple more pennied at my local GS.

The ones not on the list I was able to get today are:

Twisted Metal
Dragon age 2 (standard paper back version)
the Sims 3
sims 3 pets
protoype 2 (wasn't sure if this one was from an earlier drop?)

I went to get some of these and I got some interesting information. The pennied guides I tried to pick up, like DQMJ2 might have rang up a penny, but when they scan the Gamestop price tag with the $20 price on it, it rings up for that amount. On the other hand, if they scan the regular UPC, it would probably ring up a penny. The Gamestop that I usually get my guides from seems to have my number now. It's all the fault of that stupid new manager. He is such a tool. He knows all about company policy, like not selling pennied guides, but he can't even do a simple look-up. Two days in a row, the idiot told me that they didn't have THREE games I was looking for. On the third day there was someone else there, and surprise surprise, all three games were there. I would do almost anything to get that idiot fired.

[quote name='Fukurou']I went to get some of these and I got some interesting information. The pennied guides I tried to pick up, like DQMJ2 might have rang up a penny, but when they scan the Gamestop price tag with the $20 price on it, it rings up for that amount. On the other hand, if they scan the regular UPC, it would probably ring up a penny. The Gamestop that I usually get my guides from seems to have my number now. It's all the fault of that stupid new manager. He is such a tool. He knows all about company policy, like not selling pennied guides, but he can't even do a simple look-up. Two days in a row, the idiot told me that they didn't have THREE games I was looking for. On the third day there was someone else there, and surprise surprise, all three games were there. I would do almost anything to get that idiot fired.[/QUOTE]

No one is that stupid (famous last words I know), he probably doesn't like you as a customer as telling you they don't have stock so you don't show up anymore.

[quote name='Fukurou']I went to get some of these and I got some interesting information. The pennied guides I tried to pick up, like DQMJ2 might have rang up a penny, but when they scan the Gamestop price tag with the $20 price on it, it rings up for that amount. On the other hand, if they scan the regular UPC, it would probably ring up a penny. The Gamestop that I usually get my guides from seems to have my number now. It's all the fault of that stupid new manager. He is such a tool. He knows all about company policy, like not selling pennied guides, but he can't even do a simple look-up. Two days in a row, the idiot told me that they didn't have THREE games I was looking for. On the third day there was someone else there, and surprise surprise, all three games were there. I would do almost anything to get that idiot fired.[/QUOTE]Go back when he's working, buy something really cheap (e.g., Kinect Adventures for $1), and give him all negative responses on the store survey (in particular, describe his poor attitude in detail). From what people have said, there's definitely action taken based on what you say in that survey.

[quote name='nixmahn']No one is that stupid (famous last words I know), he probably doesn't like you as a customer as telling you they don't have stock so you don't show up anymore.[/QUOTE]
Doubt it. The second time I tried with him, I didn't go in store. I called, and he couldn't tell that it was me. Although, he didn't even try the second time. He just told me that he checked on the computer the day before for one of his regular customers, meaning me, and couldn't find it. So it wasn't just ebcause it was me.

[quote name='Vigilante']Go back when he's working, buy something really cheap (e.g., Kinect Adventures for $1), and give him all negative responses on the store survey (in particular, describe his poor attitude in detail). From what people have said, there's definitely action taken based on what you say in that survey.[/QUOTE]

Careful. I heard the store has to call the customer if its real bad and find out where they went wrong. Unless you like that. :D

Not a bad start for me :) i got

1 x dqm
1 x sfxt
1x spec ops

My gamestops always laugh at me when i raid their stores like a pirate and abuse their deals lol. Ill raid the rest of them tommorow :)

Anyone have a listing of the guide drops to $4.99 at GS?

Picked up today:

SoulCaliber V LE
Call of Duty: MW3
Gears of War 3

All $4.99.

I'd love to see a complete list if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Orri~

[quote name='Fukurou']
The Gamestop that I usually get my guides from seems to have my number now.
It's all the fault of that stupid new manager. He is such a tool.
He knows all about company policy, like not selling pennied guides . . .
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Entitled CAG Newbie, you fit right in with this thread.

[quote name='gordojones88']Welcome Entitled CAG Newbie, you fit right in with this thread.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for welcoming me, Troll CAG.

Picked up Soul Calibur 5 HC $4.99 and picked up the last two Dark Souls HC at $4.99 each ones a gift others going to trade list all sealed good hunting

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Picked up Soul Calibur 5 HC $4.99 and picked up the last two Dark Souls HC at $4.99 each ones a gift others going to trade list all sealed good hunting[/QUOTE]

From Gamestop?

No drops today from my local store.

The hardcover FuturePress guides dropped to $5 a week or two ago. Dark Souls was free during a promo about a month ago as well. Reckoning as not budged from $27.

wow i've never seen this before. But to have halo anniversary for 1 penny. I was just at gamestop like an hour ago. This sound complicated. Penny guide what a delightful name. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to see if they have Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City(360) for a penny. So what's the proccess. do you go up and it should ring a penny or heavily discounted price?

[quote name='Romeo']No drops today from my local store.

The hardcover FuturePress guides dropped to $5 a week or two ago. Dark Souls was free during a promo about a month ago as well. Reckoning as not budged from $27.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I would definitely grab the KOA: R guide for like $5 easily, since I still have yet to go through the game and it'd be nice to have a guide for when I do.

By the way, when I was in BB the other day to renew my GCU the shelves seemed a bit emptier than usual. The rep working gaming did say they had a pull order come down.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']wow i've never seen this before. But to have halo anniversary for 1 penny. I was just at gamestop like an hour ago. This sound complicated. Penny guide what a delightful name. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to see if they have Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City(360) for a penny. So what's the proccess. do you go up and it should ring a penny or heavily discounted price?
[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']wow i've never seen this before. But to have halo anniversary for 1 penny. I was just at gamestop like an hour ago. This sound complicated. Penny guide what a delightful name. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to see if they have Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City(360) for a penny. So what's the proccess. do you go up and it should ring a penny or heavily discounted price?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, How does this work? Will Walmart price match?

:wall:

[/QUOTE]

You'll need to bring in and show them your CAG ID trading membership card.
If you don't have one, them sign up for one in the store.

:lol: At least there's people willing to take over the being an asshole thing for me since I'm afraid of the ol' banhammer for being a smartass to anyone on here now cuz people can't take sarcasm without hitting report.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: At least there's people willing to take over the being an asshole thing for me since I'm afraid of the ol' banhammer for being a smartass to anyone on here now cuz people can't take sarcasm without hitting report.:roll:[/QUOTE]

reported

Got two copies of the Soul Calibur V guide. The Gamestop near me that has Dark Souls is still pretty far. But I want it so I'll go get it.

Heads up everyone: There be a drop at Best Buy today!

Codes And CHeats Vol. 2 2012
Disney Universe
Dragon Age II
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim CE
Fallout New Vegas
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D
Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword CE
Madden NFL 12
Mario Party 9
Mortal Kombat
Pokemon Black & White Vol. 1
Pokemon Black & White Vol. 2 Pokedex
Sims 3 box set
Sims 3 Pets
Syndicate
UFC Undisputed 3
WWE 12

coming from lox, I would trust it. question would be is if they are actually ringing up, or deleted from the system like the last drop or 2. I'm hoping he posted it because he tested it already and it works lol

Last edited by a moderator:
dammit, 48 minutes into my lunch break or I would have been able to go on at least a 3 store run. Now I have to car pool with the wife home, so any stops at that time are nixed..damn trying to save money and taking one car!

trying not to get too hyped b/c for the past year, most locations have been pre-pulled by the time of the announcement..

The big question is stores will do pre-pulls or not. Last few of them, they have been pre-pulling. Some nice guides in there to be had.

Since I have to run to BB anyway today to drop off some recycle items, guess I'll check out the guides while I'm there.

Was heading there today anyway, so I'll check it out. I know for sure most of them were never there in the first place.

I'll check out 2 stores that still have guides from last drop out (but since they don't ring up, it doesn't help me). If new drops ring up a penny now I will be pleasantly surprised.

bread's done
Back