Refurb 360 Pro for $180 at XS Cargo

SickBoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Reposted from the NeoGAF...

XS Cargo is advertising refurbished 360s for $180. They're essentially the old pro machines from what I can tell (HDD - 20GB, plus headset, yadda yadda yadda).

Don't know if it's a good deal or not... probably depends on the warranty situation. Still, it's maybe vaguely better than buying a used console at EB -- since there's probably a slightly better chance that it's been to a repair depot and you're not just getting someone else's still-broken system.

DON'T BUY THEM. They're defective systems that have been "revived" by heatgunning the mainboards, they have absolutely no warranty. It's the same situation that they had at doodads.

I wouldn't bother with refurbished model unless you looking for cheap replacement parts. The last refurbished equipment I got was a inkjet printer and it was nothing but problem.

I'm pretty sure XS Cargo warranties everything they carry themselves, so MS may have voided the default warranties on these units. Who knows. You can pick up a new Arcade for like $200, so why even bother with a risky refurb?

[quote name='Nukkus']DON'T BUY THEM. They're defective systems that have been "revived" by heatgunning the mainboards, they have absolutely no warranty. It's the same situation that they had at doodads.[/quote]

wtf are you talking about it was 60 days Manufacturers Warranty and 30 days from XsCargo...plus you can add XsCargo's warranty for like $40 compared to Futureshops.....the only downside with the warranty is they cant promise you the same item since it's a Liquidation.

BTW I work there and I only got like 2 systems back so far..I didn't take em back do dont know what was wrong with them.

there is no manufacturer's warranty, do not lie. microsoft does NOT refurbish systems. take your crud and toss it. for someone to pay $20 less than retail for a rubbish system with no warranty seal, that is a ripoff.

not to mention if you buy the brand new arcade, microsoft will send you a 512mb memory card, or sell you a 20gb hard drive for $20!

[quote name='Nukkus']not to mention if you buy the brand new arcade, microsoft will send you a 512mb memory card, or sell you a 20gb hard drive for $20![/QUOTE]
Incorrect, with the Arcade you only have the option of a 20GB drive and three months of Live for $29. Still a pretty good deal, but yeah.

bread's done
Back