Refurb XBOX360 Platinum + Extra Wireless Controller $349.99 @Geeks.com

With all the hardware issues the 360 is said to have no way I would touch a refurb unit. Definitely worth it to pay the extra for a new one and an extended warranty IMO. Thanks, though.

[quote name='Hyp0critical']With all the hardware issues the 360 is said to have no way I would touch a refurb unit. Definitely worth it to pay the extra for a new one and an extended warranty IMO. Thanks, though.[/QUOTE]

You've just said "360 is said to have." People blow things out of proportion. IMO nothing wrong with a refurb. If your worried buy the extended warranty from M$ you paying $300 for the console thats about the price of a used one on ebay.

going off of what people have told me from personal experience and what i have gotten off of internet forums about 73% of people who own a 360 have it die at some point.

but things are never as they seem.

though on the second day of playing my new 360 i was getting disk read errors from a new copy of gears of war... i found myself thinking, what a hunk of junk.

Can't say about the referb, but I have bought from Geeks.com a few times and always had great service....

[quote name='angrysalad187']going off of what people have told me from personal experience and what i have gotten off of internet forums about 73% of people who own a 360 have it die at some point.[/QUOTE]

73% seems a little high. Actually, it seems INSANELY high. In fact, it sounds SO HIGH that it sounds like something Ballmer would spew about the competition in one of his tirades crammed between two expletives.

Does the 360 have a problem? Sure, and I have no problems believing that it's probably over the 3-5% "industry standard" that M$ keeps harping on, but a claim of 73% is nothing short of immensely unrealistic. I'd have to go through three defective units to get a failure rate that high. Every single person with a 360 would. While I've heard of some horror stories concerning getting the 360 serviced with Microsoft (welcome to the IT world BTW), I've heard absolutely near the tune you're speaking of.

[quote name='Karyyk']73% seems a little high. Actually, it seems INSANELY high. In fact, it sounds SO HIGH that it sounds like something Ballmer would spew about the competition in one of his tirades crammed between two expletives.

Does the 360 have a problem? Sure, and I have no problems believing that it's probably over the 3-5% "industry standard" that M$ keeps harping on, but a claim of 73% is nothing short of immensely unrealistic. I'd have to go through three defective units to get a failure rate that high. Every single person with a 360 would. While I've heard of some horror stories concerning getting the 360 serviced with Microsoft (welcome to the IT world BTW), I've heard absolutely near the tune you're speaking of.[/quote]
well of course i wasn't really basing that on anything even close to reliable. it's pretty much summed up from all the "post here if your 360 died" threads on gamespot and the genral populous of people from my work who have owned 360's, most of which have broken. one friend alone bought 3 units (so he doesn't have to move them) and had 2 die on him.

i sincerely hope im one of the apparent 90+% of people who doesn't have their system die in the next 2 years.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']73% sounds WAYYYYY too high[/quote]

I'm not sure about that. I've had my xbox 360 for a year and now, a few weeks after the out- of the box warranty ends, It has a poop attack and stops working. it freezes about 19 in every 20 times just on start up, and about 39 in 40 it will not even turn on. So, now i need to spend my money sending it in, and waste my time not playing it...

I bought a refurb 360 from a drunken midget transvestite on the side of the road and it works great. I say go for it!

Wait, what?

Just want to add that there is a 10% off coupon for Geeks.com always floating around. Last time I checked, it was "bensbargains" that worked. Brings the system down to $315 plus shpping.

Me + Launch period console = No problems at all, ever.

COD2 froze up once.

A few demos I downloaded froze up a few times (Like 4 times in total). But that seems to happen to everyone I talk to.

No disc errors, no red rings.

= )

Good deal. Take the chance with the system if you want.

A refurb console is less likely to have problmes than a new one. As long as the refurb is cosmetically nice, then its a good deal.

Found a $1.99 shipping code, Don't know if you can use it or not, or if it even works, I didn't fell like putting in my information.

SHIP4LESS

Found the %10 code, but you can't apply that on "Geek Specials"

bread's done
Back