Refurbished Xbox 360 20GB Pro $99.99 via Gamestop (Online Only)

IXI Dragunz IXI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (96%)
Not too bad of a deal if you're looking for a backup.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/huge-xbox-savings/default.aspx

fuvupk.jpg

Comes with:

• Xbox 360 Console
  • 20GB Hard Drive
  • Wireless Controller
  • Headset
  • HD Component Cables
  • Ethernet Cable
  • AC Cable
  • AV Cable Component
  • 90 Day Manufacturer's Warranty

There are also two other bundles:

Extra Controller + NEW Fable III ($159.99):
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/co...-microsoft-refurbished-fable-iii-bundle/91317

Extra Controller + NEW Fable III + NEW Halo Reach ($209.99):
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-pro-20gb-microsoft-refurbished-game-bundle/91375

[quote name='VaultDweller']hmm tempting....if i dont like it I can a return within 30 days right? or is that just on used games?[/QUOTE]

Anything ordered online has a 30 day return period, as opposed to the store which is 7 days for everything used, and 30 for new.

You can return things to the store within the 30 day return period, however, some stores have the right to refuse the return to the store and will tell you to return it through the online return system.

If you want a c4 explosive get this. Otherwise stay away from this. Refurbished 360's ( old models like this one in particular ) sold by gamestop will break on you. Save that 100, get 120 more or so and get a slim 4 gig. It runs so much better then the old 360's. I can't beleave gamestop still sells these old refurbished ones.

Remember when the slim came out and all those CAGs mentioned they were going to trade in their barely working (in some cases supressing the RROD just long enough for the trade-in) to Gamestop?

Even before that any used 360 was considered the worst thing you could invest in. Add to the fact that it's online only from Gamestop and it gets into Mad Max territory.

[quote name='Kerig']Remember when the slim came out and all those CAGs mentioned they were going to trade in their barely working (in some cases supressing the RROD just long enough for the trade-in) to Gamestop?

Even before that any used 360 was considered the worst thing you could invest in. Add to the fact that it's online only from Gamestop and it gets into Mad Max territory.[/QUOTE]

it is worth mentioning that these were refurbished by MS, not GS.

While I have no way of knowing this, I think these may be the hardware MS was holding on to for warranty replacement purposes...now that all pre-falcon's have pretty much fallen out of the 3 year warranty period, they don't need to hold on to them and they are selling them off. I would imagine that its online only so they aren't competing against the store's own inventories, given it is $40 cheaper than GS 'refurbished' and comes with a hard drive, headset, and network cable, which the GS refurbs don't come with.

[quote name='caaraa']These have a 1 yr warranty with Microsoft and 90 days on accesories.
18.games.jpg
44553433@N00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is a great deal.

[quote name='Kerig']Remember when the slim came out and all those CAGs mentioned they were going to trade in their barely working (in some cases supressing the RROD just long enough for the trade-in) to Gamestop?
[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, trade in my refurbished Xbox without HDMI toward a slim. What they were offering was far more than I could've ever sold it for. Even got rid of a memory card.

[quote name='K_G']it is worth mentioning that these were refurbished by MS, not GS.

While I have no way of knowing this, I think these may be the hardware MS was holding on to for warranty replacement purposes...now that all pre-falcon's have pretty much fallen out of the 3 year warranty period, they don't need to hold on to them and they are selling them off. I would imagine that its online only so they aren't competing against the store's own inventories, given it is $40 cheaper than GS 'refurbished' and comes with a hard drive, headset, and network cable, which the GS refurbs don't come with.[/QUOTE]

These MS refurbished systems are also sold at Best Buy stores for $130...

[quote name='caaraa']These have a 1 yr warranty with Microsoft and 90 days on accesories.
18.games.jpg
44553433@N00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I saw the MS refurbished system at Best Buy and it stated it had a 90 day warranty on the box...

I'm tempted to take this as I sent my Elite off to amazon. If it comes back, I'd just return this one. I'm just afraid I'd get an old one without a HDMI port.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I'm tempted to take this as I sent my Elite off to amazon. If it comes back, I'd just return this one. I'm just afraid I'd get an old one without a HDMI port.[/QUOTE]

These refurbished systems don't come with a HDMI port, FYI...

[quote name='K_G']it is worth mentioning that these were refurbished by MS, not GS.

While I have no way of knowing this, I think these may be the hardware MS was holding on to for warranty replacement purposes...now that all pre-falcon's have pretty much fallen out of the 3 year warranty period, they don't need to hold on to them and they are selling them off. I would imagine that its online only so they aren't competing against the store's own inventories, given it is $40 cheaper than GS 'refurbished' and comes with a hard drive, headset, and network cable, which the GS refurbs don't come with.[/QUOTE]

Your explanation makes allot of sense...

I bought a used DS Lite from Gamestop and it died on me in a few months. Needless to say with the old 360 issues, and one bad experience with GS, I'm pretty skeptical of buying another used/refurbed system there.

I dunno... I think I'll get one of the new ones for $149 when they hit that price point for a third, and then buy a the new Xbox whatever when it comes out to be able to do LAN on some games like ODST which I have four copies of (got em cheap)

I'm going to be strong and resist. I'll pay more for a newer system down the line.

Last gamestop "refurb" was a PS2. It arrived with a broken controller and no screws. Literally no screws. They had disassembled it and forgot to put them back in.

bread's done
Back