Regarding FYE Transworld store Rebates

swetooth9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
I bought Unreal tournament III (360) today, and there was a mail in rebate attached to my receipt. I can get $10 back. On the receipt it says to mail the original UPC in order to get money back (no photocopies etc.). The price sticker that FYE puts on it games also has a UPC (it matches the one on the game box cover art). Can i just mail that to them instead with all the forms/receipts? Or do I HAVE to cut out the one from the box art?

thanks

Yup, the white price sticker with the yellow bar attached to a 3"x5" notecard has always worked fine for me.

cool, that's the one i was talking about

anyone else able to use this instead of the boxart UPC?

one more confirmation and i'll probably just send the sticker in

I've only ever done a $30 rebate for a PStwo slim with them. It took forever, I sent in the original UPC off of the box(actual piece of the box) and it was a pain in the ass.

Their rebate process sucks, if you ask me. I ended up having to call a district manager to get the rebate given to me at the store level because it was 3-6 months since I sent it in.

But, I HAVE heard of people just using the UPC barcode from the sticker on the shrinkwrap. It's ymmv, like anything though.

I really don't think it's YMMV. I've never known anyone to get rejected when sending in that price sticker, and my friends and I take advantage of FYE rebates quite often.

I didn't wanna test it when I bought my PS3, so I let the rebate expire on my system. Plus I think it was only about $20, which is kinda ridiculous on a $400 machine if you ask me.

[quote name='swetooth9']cool, that's the one i was talking about

anyone else able to use this instead of the boxart UPC?

one more confirmation and i'll probably just send the sticker in[/QUOTE]

I almost always use the price sticker UPC. It should be fine.

bread's done
Back