Regarding SD cards

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Basically I need cards for my psp, wii and maybe even cell phone. Since I dont want to buy all those cards I was thinking...

Do micro cards combined with the SD adaptor work on the Wii?

Cause if they did, that would save me some money for now at least.

Thanks.

[quote name='troa11']Yes they most certainly will. (I thought the psp used memory stick whatever).[/quote]There are adapters to convert an SD into a Memory Stick. Pretty slick little gizmos.

[quote name='daroga']There are adapters to convert an SD into a Memory Stick. Pretty slick little gizmos.[/quote]
I've only seen Memory stick to CF/SD converters. Where does one find an SD-Memory Stick adapter?

[quote name='troa11']Yes they most certainly will. (I thought the psp used memory stick whatever).[/quote]

It does I just wanted to at least reduce the cards from 3 to 2. Would be real great if I could use one for all of them.

[quote name='daroga']There are adapters to convert an SD into a Memory Stick. Pretty slick little gizmos.[/quote]

Really? I'll have to look them up. There are so many different card and adaptors that I get rather confused.

[quote name='Cream']I've only seen Memory stick to CF/SD converters. Where does one find an SD-Memory Stick adapter?[/quote]I'm going to keep looking. I know just like a week and a 1/2 ago I stumbled on one because I said that it would be nice, if I had a PSP, to get one of these and get cheap, big memory...

wait, got it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/microSD-micro-SD-Card-to-MS-Pro-Duo-Adapter-1GB-2GB-E_W0QQitemZ270103224721QQcategoryZ15215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or here, a name brand I know, but a site I don't:
http://www.gamestech.com/PSP_Info/Mirco_SD_to_MS_Pro_Duo_Adapter/sdtoms.htm

[quote name='VipFREAK']Biggest you can get is 2gb though...[/quote]True (at least for the eBay one, I see no size restriction on the Kingmax one), but SD memory is about 1/2 (or less) as expensive as MS Pro memory. So, whily you'll need to deal with multiple cards, you can do a whole lot more for much less money.

it's pretty easy to find SD cards FAR. 512MB cards are probably the easiest to find but I've also gotten deals on 1 and 2 GB cards.

Buy.com has been running promotions almost constantly. Signup for their emails to be notified. For now a 512MB card is probably fine for the Wii.

Micro SD cards are a bit harder to find, but I got my 1GB micro for $15 AR... this was a couple of months ago.

I have used a micro ds in an adapter on my Wii with no problems.

Just remeber that right now the Wii wont recognize any size above 2gb.

[quote name='Puffa469']I have used a micro ds in an adapter on my Wii with no problems.

Just remeber that right now the Wii wont recognize any size above 2gb.[/quote]

Well for my phone and Wii, a 2GB is pretty good. 4GB is not enough for my PSP (I have 6.5GB of all the cinematics on three MGS games).

It's still good though. I can deal with multiple cards.

Thanks.

[quote name='daroga']True (at least for the eBay one, I see no size restriction on the Kingmax one), but SD memory is about 1/2 (or less) as expensive as MS Pro memory. So, whily you'll need to deal with multiple cards, you can do a whole lot more for much less money.[/quote]

OH definately. More cards also means that if one of them screws up, your not completely lost in the water.

[quote name='daroga']I'm going to keep looking. I know just like a week and a 1/2 ago I stumbled on one because I said that it would be nice, if I had a PSP, to get one of these and get cheap, big memory...

wait, got it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/microSD-micro-SD-Card-to-MS-Pro-Duo-Adapter-1GB-2GB-E_W0QQitemZ270103224721QQcategoryZ15215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.gamestech.com/PSP_Info/Mirco_SD_to_MS_Pro_Duo_Adapter/sdtoms.htm[/quote]

You have no idea how much that makes my life easier. This is the reason I love the CAG community. I'm definately going to get this.

Now if I can get more decent games on the PSP, it'd be set.

The adapter is really not a good idea. The $16 you spend on the adapter can easily be put towards the cost of a new 2gb card that can be found on ebay for around $20.

Do you mean a MicroSD->SD adapter or a MicroSD->Memory Stick adapter? 'Cause the first one almost inevitably comes with a MicroSD card anyway...

As far as the other goes, well I guess that's personal preference as to whether you think it's worth consolidating your flash memory or not

[quote name='mofo1115']The adapter is really not a good idea. The $16 you spend on the adapter can easily be put towards the cost of a new 2gb card that can be found on ebay for around $20.[/quote]

Ya I'm still debating costs and such. Knowing that I have essentially one kind of card for everything is kind of one of the reasons I like this deal. OH and last I dont trust Ebay cards. I've heard too many bad stories and I have some BAD luck.

Thanks though, it certainly is an option.

Well essentially for a little over 30$, I should have a 1GB micro SD card with two adaptors, one for the regular SD card and the other for the MMSProDuo.

That's not bad at all.

I mostly just want to transfer a couple of photos and text messages on my phone. I dont think I'll run out of room on my Wii's 512MB in the next year or so, and as for my PSP, I mostly want it for a couple of songs. I have some big videos I want to place there but those can wait till the 4GB comes down to a reasonable price.

So I think I'll go for it.

Right now I'm deciding on Kingston or Transcend. I dont know which is better, if any of them.

[quote name='daroga']I'm going to keep looking. I know just like a week and a 1/2 ago I stumbled on one because I said that it would be nice, if I had a PSP, to get one of these and get cheap, big memory...

wait, got it!

http://www.gamestech.com/PSP_Info/Mirco_SD_to_MS_Pro_Duo_Adapter/sdtoms.htm[/quote]

I just realized this was an ebay deal. The other one seems to want to have me buy in bulk. I'll try to look for another place selling it or some proof that its not a fake.

Great find still. I had not even though about an adaptor for this.

[quote name='nefaquotek']Thanks, not only was it reviewed nicely but it gave a link to buy it from a more trustyworthy place. It's a bit more expensive (5$) but its also a Kingsmax.[/QUOTE]
No problem. All my reviews have a link where to purchase the product from and are all from trusted affiliates. 99% of the time, I post only the links to the online store that sent me the product. But yes, there are some other sites that do sell the same product that can be a little more or less in price then what I have mentioned in the review. Dont forget to factor in shipping costs. The site with the lowest price may sound good but may charge more in shipping while the higher priced site might charge cheaper shipping. Just something to keep in mind when purchasing products.

Also, dont forget that although I posted the review with the price, price may have dropped since the last time it was reviewed, so its best to click the link to find the most up to date pricing.

[quote name='iazybandit']No problem. All my reviews have a link where to purchase the product from and are all from trusted affiliates. 99% of the time, I post only the links to the online store that sent me the product. But yes, there are some other sites that do sell the same product that can be a little more or less in price then what I have mentioned in the review. Dont forget to factor in shipping costs. The site with the lowest price may sound good but may charge more in shipping while the higher priced site might charge cheaper shipping. Just something to keep in mind when purchasing products.

Also, dont forget that although I posted the review with the price, price may have dropped since the last time it was reviewed, so its best to click the link to find the most up to date pricing.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. I got it quite cheap and the shipping was around average.

bread's done
Back