Reggie's E3 Surprise - Place your bets

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sequel to the most anticipated Wii launch game:
Red Steel 2.
[/quote]
I'm still waiting. :whistle2:(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sequel to the most anticipated Wii launch game:
Red Steel 2.
[/quote]

:whistle2:? Good call, but unsure of how it'll live up (still haven't played the other one so I can't make a judgement, but Ubi must've improved it in 2 years time)

This could be interesting. i have to think they are seeing sales of particular VC games and can judge from that what things to remake. They are a lot of older franchises that are available for a restore!

[quote name='bigdaddy']M3G@T0N!!!!11!1!1!!!!!1!!111!

Or maybe Star Tropics 3![/quote]

The best idea I have heard yet...that would be awesome.

[quote name='mephitical']Wii music will support 100-piece orchestras using online matching for each individual instrument. And it will support the Wii Fit board as well, to measure if you are tapping your toe in time to the piece being played accurately. 9/8 Ride of the Valkyries becomes the new Halo.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for Time Signature Hero featuring tracks by Meshuggah and King Crimson.

[quote name='NTolerance']I'm waiting for Time Signature Hero featuring tracks by Meshuggah and King Crimson.[/quote]
Eh, that series totally went downhill with the Arbitrary Time Signature Changes: Mars Volta expansion disc.

[quote name='jah2004']The best idea I have heard yet...that would be awesome.[/quote]

I own both games, didn't beat either one of them, but love them. I hate RPGs and still love the series. I didn't really understand the story of the second, the alien came back? But it is a great series. I;ll even take a remake of both of them, anything dealing with them would be great.

I want a hard drive and some good VC releases. Anything beyond that it just icing.

Realistically, I'm expecting Animal Crossing Wii, my sister would be ecstatic if she had a Wii.

Kid Icarus (considering he's in Brawl... which was a weird addition... i'd be inclined for this)
Earthbound

I really want a new DK Country.

[quote name='mojoman5165']Aren't we still waiting for the megaton announcement back in 2002?[/QUOTE]

This was a joke comment from some Japanese magazine, and has since been accepted into Internet lore as something of a Nintendo specific meme.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Okay, I give up - what's Megaton? A codename for Mother 3 or something?[/quote]
A way of describing an announcement. Revealing of the "Revolution" controller=megaton.
[quote name='Trikip']Super Mario Bros. 4[/quote]
In Japan (if wikipedia is right) SMW has a subtitle of SMB4.

[quote name='Doomed']In Japan (if wikipedia is right) SMW has a subtitle of SMB4.[/quote]
Wasn't some game released on the GBA that was called SMB4?

Edit: Nevermind, it was Super Mario Advance 4.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Wasn't some game released on the GBA that was called SMB4?[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

[quote name='tankexmortis']Okay, I give up - what's Megaton? A codename for Mother 3 or something?[/QUOTE]

Again, it's a joke from way back in the Gamecube days.

Basically, there was a rumor that a "megaton-level announcement" was coming. It caused insane amounts of speculation from the Nintendo camp, including the buy-out of Capcom and/or Sega, various game collaborations (A Nintendo-Sega massive RPG title), and other various omfg-we're-all-going-to-die-from-the-blood-loss-from-our-erections predictions.

In the end, it turned out to be something that either A) never happened, or B) was lame, with the official answer being that it was some Japanese magazine's mascot getting their own game, whose name was Megaton. Or something to that effect. Point being was that it was a huge "disappointment" depending on who you are talking to.

So now it's a common joke that anything Nintendo is secretly harboring is teh megaton, or some variation thereof.

[quote name='mojoman5165']Aren't we still waiting for the megaton announcement back in 2002?[/quote]

Wasn't the MEGATON!!!!11!!! announcement about some comic book video game?

I don't remember, but it was lame. Anytime Nintendo says they have a big surprise they always let us down.

It's a Pilotwings MMORPG with new Kid Icarus minigames on the Virtual Console which it uses its own controller and is backwards compatible all the way back to the Game & Watch.

They're new peripherals called Wii Slots which are pod-like cartridge slots that connect to the Wii via the USB ports. There will be a seperate Wii Slot for SNES, Genesis, N64 and NES cartridges. You play them with the Wii Classic Controller or the GameCube controller. They'll retail at $39.99 each

The Wii will upscale all the games to 480p and give new life to the retro game market.

I'll probably get each one.

I'm thinking Animal Crossing. Nintendo isn't nice enough to make a worthy Donkey Kong Country sequel. I would pay $200 for it though.

Now that E3 has passed:

Fils-Aime said that Nintendo's post-E3 releases will be "maximizing all of our key franchises," teasing something the hardcore userbase will be frothing over.

So I guess Animal Crossing and Wii Sports are all of their key franchises.

[quote name='pete5883']So I guess Animal Crossing and Wii Sports are all of their key franchises.[/QUOTE]
The last Animal Crossing game sold 10 million copies, and Wii Sports made the system sell out for nearly two years. What's your point?

--R.J.

[quote name='tayaf69']I'm thinking Animal Crossing. Nintendo isn't nice enough to make a worthy Donkey Kong Country sequel. I would pay $200 for it though.[/quote]
I know this post was from April, but I felt that Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was a worthy sequel to the Donkey Kong Country games.

[quote name='rjung']The last Animal Crossing game sold 10 million copies, and Wii Sports made the system sell out for nearly two years. What's your point?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pete5883']So I guess Animal Crossing and Wii Sports are all of their key franchises.[/QUOTE]

There, I've made it a little easier to see my point. Should I do all caps too?

What I learned from E3 2008:

• Shiggy is no longer the man you used to know. Have you ever seen a loved one fall into the clutch of dementia? The suspicion has lingered for some time, but to hear him pronounce Wii Music to be "better than a video game" was the unanswerable moment of heartbreak.

• Reggie is a smug motherfucker who expects us to eat diarrhea soup and die.

• Cammie is the harbinger of a long and terrible drought from which Nintendo stalwarts shall wither in starvation, weeping in their long, empty banquet halls of misery.

--This post was halfway facetious--​

I'm sort of amazed that Nintendo fan's are still with Nintendo and still have faith in them. It's really sad what Nintendo is doing to it's core gamers. I'm just waiting for the day when they announce a Core Gamers in space adventure, where they just send all the core gamers to the moon to die.

It doesn't really matter how many Wii Fits Nintendo announces, as soon as they announce a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid, all seems to be forgiven.

bread's done
Back