Region-free PS3 games at TheHut.com

illennium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Do we have a thread for general deals at TheHut.com / Zavvi.com / etc.? There are enough deals on those sites on a regular basis that a thread is probably justified.

TheHut.com is an entertainment e-tailer based in England. They have several affiliate sites (e.g., Zavvi.com) that basically sell the same products at very similar prices with a different website skin. International shipping at TheHut.com was free up until recently, but now costs £0.99 ($1.60) per item.

I have ordered from them several times in the past and been very happy with the service. Shipping times can be pretty slow though (items are usually shipped separately).

On weekends they usually have vouchers (coupons) that take off about 10% for most orders under £40.

Here are some current deals on PS3 games (all PS3 games are region-free):

InFamous 2 - £17.95 ($28.70)

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - £17.95 ($28.70) (only on Zavvi.com)

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - £17.95 ($28.70)

Deux Ex: Human Revolution - £16.95 ($27.10)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - £9.95 ($16.00)

Tomb Raider Trilogy HD - £9.95 ($16.00)

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD - £9.95 ($16.00)

LittleBigPlanet 2 - £14.95 ($23.90)

Dungeon Siege III - £12.95 ($20.70)

Body Count - £12.95 ($20.70)

Ratchet & Clank 2-Pack - £17.95 ($28.70)

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection - £14.95 ($23.90)

The site also has good prices on some Xbox 360 and Wii games, but I'm not posting those because they usually are not region-free soof limited value to U.S. gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just replied to the Assassin't Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition $40 @ Best Buy thread with the link from zavvi.com as I had placed my order from there. I think it's a great deal considering you get the two collector's edition single player bonus missions and two multiplayer skins. I'm not sure if you'll be able to play online with U.S. gamers, but it's still a great deal. Thanks for posting OP.

[quote name='Wario64']Aren't all ps3 games region free?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That is why I only posted deals for the PS3, even though the site also has good prices on some 360 games. This is a simple misunderstanding - I can see why you would read the original post as implying that only certain PS3 games are region-free. I can clarify the OP.

Great post, very useful. I see a few items on that list that I hope to obtain someday, but I'm going to wait until after the holidays; and maybe they'll be even cheaper by then.

I think this is a really good idea for a dedicated thread, because there are many games that are released in the UK first (e.g. White Knight Chronicles 2) or only there, and like you said, there's often some really good deals as well. I believe shipping through the Hut is cheaper than their sister store, Zaavi, correct?

Not that it matters much, but I really prefer the non-NA covers of inFamous 2 to the one we got. It's just kinda...blah (but still miles better than the cover for inFamous 1 - double blah).

Wish more games had the option (like the ICO collection and Resistance 3) to switch the cover to whatever you prefer. And yes - I know I could just print out whatever I like for my copy, but that's not really the point, is it? Choices, people. Choices!!!

I tried to make the thread Wiki-editable when I created it, but clicking the Wiki box did nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? The thread would be more useful if others could update and edit it.

[quote name='cheeky']"Shipping times can be pretty slow though"
Care to elaborate? Is it 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months[/QUOTE]

The longest I've had to wait was about 2 weeks. The fastest was about 5 days.

[quote name='donssword']Is PAL/NTSC an issue in this gen of consoles?[/QUOTE]

Not a big one for the PS3, which is why I think the thread title is funny, but it definitely is for the 360.

^Some/many Xbox 360 games are region-locked from my understanding.

I'd be a little more impressed if this thread was dedicated to region-free PS3 and Xbox 360 games. I don't know any region-free Xbox 360 games off the top of my head, but I know that they exist.

I don't really understand why the need for region-locks. I thought it was because of the way televisions in certain countries worked differently from other countries, least that was how it was when I was younger in the during the 90s.

I would like to purchase a couple of these games and Xenoblade for the Wii. Where can we find these 10% off coupons?

[quote name='jling84']I would like to purchase a couple of these games and Xenoblade for the Wii. Where can we find these 10% off coupons?[/QUOTE]
Sign up for an account with either TheHut or Zavvi but DON'T buy anything. They'll keep sending you 10% off codes about once a month.

Have you seen the Driver San Francisco LE for PS3 from Zavvi/TheHut? I think it was around $48 something the last time I checked and it came with a decent sized replica of a classic car in the package.

Here's an unboxing video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C6I3NKKE-w&feature=related

Link to it on Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...5_4f08d196c859005f5207cbd4f612f5c3&affil=awin

Link to it on TheHut.com: http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/driver-san-francisco-collector-s-edition/10465099.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sign up for an account with either TheHut or Zavvi but DON'T buy anything. They'll keep sending you 10% off codes about once a month.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, can I do this with one site and use the coupon they send me to use on the other site? I mean, I can sign up for the TheHut and get a coupon that can be used on Zavvi?

The Europe-only stuff is what I'm after like the Driver limited/collector's edition. I can wait on the stuff that's available in the U.S. region.

Never ordered from either site. I take it shipping rates for theHut and Zavvi are the same, $1.60 per item?

I don't think the site codes are able to be used at either. You'd probably have to sign up for both and just use the codes on each site, since I believe they're both independently run.

I really have to stop posting about that Driver LE myself, since every time I post I get more tempted to buy it. But I'm not one to really display CE/LE/SE stuff.

[quote name='jling84']I would like to purchase a couple of these games and Xenoblade for the Wii. Where can we find these 10% off coupons?[/QUOTE]

They show up pretty much every weekend. There should be some this Friday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't forget that if you don't wanna wait for shipping that this should be $19.99 in store at TRU right now.;)[/QUOTE]

Too bad my stores dont got them :cry:

So im paying like $17 shipped from zavvi, still win and cheaper haha :D

[quote name='Nagasami']Too bad my stores dont got them :cry:

So im paying like $17 shipped from zavvi, still win and cheaper haha :D[/QUOTE]

That's a good point.

just received my dark souls collectors ed from zavvi. took 20 days to get here (including weekends), was shipped in a cardboard mailer but its in perfect condition. soo much happier with a physical soundtrack and dvd, and a wideformat artbook as well. time to add these to my US version tin.

I read an article today about zavii having an ultimate MGS HD collection that includes MGS 4 and a voucher for 1, but I can't find it... is it sold out?

[quote name='cartoondream']Yea the ultimate MGS HD sold out fast. Only 4,000 made I think.[/QUOTE]

Crap, not sure why they would mention it in the press release then.

[quote name='iamsmart']Crap, not sure why they would mention it in the press release then.[/QUOTE]

I am bummed too. I had to use google to find the page on Zavvi and it said it was sold out :/
Just for laughs - check out some of the ebay prices.

I have a one time use code for zavvi, 5 off 45, in case someone misses the 10% off sale today
it expires 10/31
1739-7N9O-811A

[quote name='technicalstylez']just received my dark souls collectors ed from zavvi. took 20 days to get here (including weekends), was shipped in a cardboard mailer but its in perfect condition. soo much happier with a physical soundtrack and dvd, and a wideformat artbook as well. time to add these to my US version tin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I ordered Dark Souls LE from The Hut too and it took about 15 days. Usually, I receive orders from the hut in a week or less. I also ordered a disc version of Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty instead of purchasing the download from PSN. I received this in about 1 week. The Hut has been an excellent retailer for Uk imports for me.

[quote name='vherub']I have a one time use code for zavvi, 5 off 45, in case someone misses the 10% off sale today
it expires 10/31
1739-7N9O-811A[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GibbGA']Here's another £5 off £45. Please post if you use it. 1739-4IZ9-3N84[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure these codes are tied to your account.

I made my first order with the Hut last Sunday, Oct. 16 and received it today. I guess 13 days (9 working) to come from Belgium isn't too bad. Would've been nice to be sooner, but I'll take it.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']How does DLC work if you have a game from another region?[/QUOTE]

Mostly you'd have to go to the UK PSN and buy it off of there to use it on any of these games, so its buyer beware in some situations if you don't intend to get DLC or expect to grab it from the US store and work with your UK copy of the game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow great price for infamous 2. Buy it now ![/QUOTE]

That was what I was considering too, but until I remembered what Ragnorok asked above, since I already have DLC for the US version, oh well...I had a £5 off coupon too. Maybe next time.

How do I keep an eye out for coupons? Do they have a twitter feed or post on their facebook?

Looking to get Xenoblade and the Monkey Island collection on PS3 from either TheHut or Zavvi, whichever ends up being cheaper with shipping included.

[quote name='jling84']How do I keep an eye out for coupons? Do they have a twitter feed or post on their facebook?[/QUOTE]
Amazingly this question has already been answered if you had bothered to look.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sign up for an account with either TheHut or Zavvi but DON'T buy anything. They'll keep sending you 10% off codes about once a month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Amazingly this question has already been answered if you had bothered to look.[/QUOTE]

so... sign up w/throwaway email-address-#1 & buy stuff w/'real' email-address-#2? there's no tracking of coupon codes? or tailoring based on previous purchases/searches?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Amazingly this question has already been answered if you had bothered to look.[/QUOTE]

Crap I'm an idiot. The last response was to my question on page 1 too. Sorry.

I just signed up for an account but when trying to add a favourite address I don't see a choice for the US. Anyway to add an US address?

[quote name='ivana89']so... sign up w/throwaway email-address-#1 & buy stuff w/'real' email-address-#2? there's no tracking of coupon codes? or tailoring based on previous purchases/searches?[/QUOTE]
No, sign up with your e-mail and wait for them to send a code before buying something. I'm pretty sure the codes are linked to your account because if you put in the code without signing in, nothing will happen. But I could be completely wrong about that.

Here's a 5 off 45 coupon if anyone wants to try it: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1739-H36C-NDC2[/FONT]

[quote name='jling84']Crap I'm an idiot. The last response was to my question on page 1 too. Sorry.

I just signed up for an account but when trying to add a favourite address I don't see a choice for the US. Anyway to add an US address?[/QUOTE]
What site are you on? I've only ordered with Zavvi, and US was on it last time I checked (I even placed an order for Xenoblade yesterday).

bread's done
Back